The Twelve Days of Christmas (Done! Mods May Lock.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Adorable Image by mew-at-heart

Even Mew loves Christmas!​

The holidays are here! That means it's time for the annual (or is it biannual?) Christmas Giveaway! For this year, I'm basing it on the carol, "The Twelve Days of Christmas." Twelve days, twelve different Pokemon, and giving away a total of 78 Pokemon! Do note, the number will be decreasing as the days go by, but on the plus side...while you're limited to one Poke a day, you can come back another day to get a new one! In addition, I will reveal some of the Pokemon as the days go, so you can anticipate what you'd like to go for!

Of course, we got Santa Chu to establish some rules!

Santa Chu's Rules:
1. In order to participate, you must post here first. You may post once a day, indicating the current day's Pokemon. Post a :heart: in your post here to show you read the rules.
2. All answers must be submitted via pm. One guess per person.
3. I will be distributing these Pokemon. Winners may vm/pm me to pick up the Pokemon. However, after December 24th, if you have not picked up your Pokemon, you will not be able to claim the Pokemon.
4. Pokemon come from my Diamond, Heart Gold and White versions. [OT: ?] means register Diamond; [OT: ?] means register Heart Gold; [OT: ?] means register White. In addition, you may request nicknames. I will not Pokeshift any Pokemon.<-(Note: 4th Gen Pokes in a 4th Gen game currently unavailable; they will be Pokeshifted, so you can ignore the last part.)
5. ICBB/Blacklisted members may not participate.
6. All Pokemon are non-redistributable.
7. Breaking any of these rules may exclude you from any future giveaways.

The post below will denote the day's Pokemon, question, and winners. Here, you can keep track of the Pokemon being given away!

"On the Twelfth Day of Christmas, my True Love Gave to Me...

Twelve
Drumming; (12/13)
Eleven
Piping; (12/14)
Ten
-a-Leaping; (12/15)
Nine
Dancing; (12/16)
Eight
-a-Milking; (12/17)
Seven
-a-Swimming; (12/18)
Six
-a-Laying; (12/19)
Five Gold
!; (12/20)
Four Colly
; (12/21)
Three French
; (12/22)
Two Turtle
; (12/23)
And a
in a Pear Tree! (12/24)​

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Today's Pokemon Is...

Zekrom: Adamant Lv. 50
*Teravolt
IVs: 31/31/31/2/31/31
EVs: (none)
[Dragonbreath] [Slash] [Zen Headbutt] [Fusion Bolt]
[OT: +Jedi]
(Note: Rebattle Code used. Semi-Resitribution rights granted to Twelve Days of Christmas Winner)​

"And a Zekrom in a Pear Tree!!!!" Well, it flows well at least! You're looking at a Zekrom caught in Dragonspiral Tower, caught today, December 24th, caught in a Premier Ball (ying-yang!), and is, at this moment, unlisted in my trade thread. And to sweeten the deal on this baby, the winner of this Zekrom is granted semi-redistribution rights (so long as they keep the format). However, there is only one winner here!

There are some differing circumstances regarding the entry for this Poke. Do NOT post the smiley post confirming your entry here. Instead, put the smiley in the subject line of your pm to me. In addition, the time end time has been extended from 9:59p PST to 11:59p PST.

Today's Question:
Todays question is more of a riddle/poetry piece:

Nationality extends.
I am American-born.
But there lies another home,
A home to the south,
Donde hablamos español.

Iglesia cristiana,
Somos devotos en nuestra fe.
The government may try to bribe
Naive, foolish farmers with free
Livestock, but the young will learn.

Center of the Central,
Tiramos puta
Like there is no tomorrow
As we pass you on dirt roads,
Concrete destroyed by quakes.

Agua pura, clara, a dos lados.
Destino húmedo, pero con gran cultura de
Nativos. Plains, forests, mountains, lakes,
Nature's wonder, government's trample.
Mi hermoso ______

Fill in the blank.

End Time: 11:59p PST (or if all Pokemon are claimed)

Winners:

12/13:

Makuhita: Adamant ♂ Lv. 1
*Thick Fat
IVs: 31/31/31/17/31/31
[Tackle] [Focus Energy] [-] [-]

[OT: Cecilia]
Question: Aside from their draft picks and matching offers, name the major and latest acquisitions of the Los Angeles Clippers (as in, this season).
Answer: Since draft picks and the matching offer are out, it leaves only...Caron Butler and Chauncey Billups. Chris Paul has not been traded for. P.S. Good season for the Clips this year!!! Edit: Well, now Paul is a Clip!
-Pink Floyd

12/14:

Bronzor: Sassy Lv. 15
*Levitate
IVs: 30/31/30/31/31/3
[Confusion] [Hypnosis] [Imprison] [Confuse Ray]
Question: Noble Team (of Halo: Reach) is composed of six (sometimes seven) Spartans. Name each of them and what type of Spartan they are.
Answer: Much more impressive this time! The one's I was looking for were: Commander Carter-A259 (Noble 1--Spartan III), Lieutenant Commander Catherine-B320 (Noble 2--Spartan III), Warrant Officer Jun-A266 (Noble 3--Spartan III), Warrant Officer Emile-A239 (Noble 4--Spartan III), Chief Warrant Officer Jorge-052 (Noble 5--Spartan II), Lieutenant SPARTAN-B312 (Noble 6--Spartan III). The seventh member was Rosenda-344 (Noble 4 Replacement--Spartan III), while the former Noble 6 was Thom-293 (Spartan III)
-Caterbedrill
-Pink Floyd
-Fireworks
-MoreThanBored
-nachocheese999

12/15:

Nidoking: Timid ♂ Lv. 100
*Sheer Force
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
[Earth Power] [Thunderbolt] [Ice Beam] [Flamethrower]

Question: Name three melee-type Zanpakutō.
Answer: The possible answers were: Zangetsu, Zabimaru, Hōzukimaru, Kazeshini, Gegetsuburi, Tenken, and Kenpachi Zaraki's Nameless Zanpakutō. Reppū was also valid.
-Mr.Pooh31
-Ninjawes
-PinkFloyd
-MoreThanBored
-nachocheese999
-Axmaster68

12/16:

Eevee: Bold ♀ Lv. 1
*Anticipation
IVs: 31/3/30/30/31/30
[Helping Hand] [Curse] [Yawn] [Wish]

Question: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption has four bounty hunters. Name each and their corresponding voice actors.
Answer: Wow...that was quick! You guys sure love Eevee! Ghor (voiced by Edwin Neal), Gandrayda (voiced by Claire Hamilton), Rundas (voiced by Christopher Sabot), and of course...Samus Aran (voiced by Jennifer Hale).
-Caterbeedrill
-TsukasaSIGN
-FSLAR
-Pink Floyd
-Ninjawes
-Fireworks
-Defense
-MoreThanBored
-Granstafer

12/17:

Miltank: Impish ♀ Lv. 50
*Thick Fat
IVs: 31/31/31/31/28/30
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
[Stealth Rock] [Body Slam] [Heal Bell] [Milk Drink]

Question: The competitive community for Super Smash Bros. Brawl in North America declared what for future tournaments involving Brawl?
Answer: Meta Knight is banned from competitive play. (Seriously...who the hell thinks of the Smash Bros. series as Street Fighter or Marvel vs. Capcom?!? You know how boring it gets doing Final Destination, no items?!?!? Sheesh...)
-deadguydrew
-MoreThanBored
-FSLAR
-Zoap

12/18:

Swanna: Modest ♀ Lv. 49
*Big Pecks
IVs: 30/3/30/30/31/31
[Roost] [Rain Dance] [Tailwind] [Brave Bird]

Question: Darth Vader's personal starfighter, the TIE Advance x1, is the basis for what variants of the standard TIE Fighter (name them!)?
Answer: Why you no liek Swanna?!?! Vader's TIE was the basis for four TIEs: TIE/sa Bomber, TIE/In Interceptor, TIE Avenger, and TIE Defender.
-Fireworks
-deadguydrew
-Pink Floyd

12/19:

Swablu: Adamant ♀ Lv. 1
*Natural Cure
IVs: 31/31/31/6/31/31
[Peck] [Growl] [Roost] [-]

Question: The creators of Avatar: The Last Airbender based bending on martial arts. Name the bending powers and what martial art each is based on.
Answer: Guess people liek Golden Swablu...Waterbending (based on T'ai chi ch'uan), Earthbending (based on Hung Ga kung fu), Firebending (based on Northern Shaolin kung fu), and Airbending (based on Baguazhang).
-Fireworks
-Caterbeedrill
-Pink Floyd
-deadguydrew
-MoreThanBored
-Justin Tyme

12/20:

Shinx: Jolly ♀ Lv. 1
*Guts
IVs: 31/31/31/16/31/31
[Tackle] [Fire Fang] [Ice Fang] [Howl]

Question: Name all the Horcruxes of Lord Voldemort.
Answer: People also liek Shiny Shinx. Lord Voldemort's Horcruxes were Tom Riddle's Diary, Marvolo Gaunt's Ring (which housed the Resurrection Stone!), Salazar Slytherin's Locket, Helga Hufflepuff's Cup, Rowena Ravenclaw's Diadem, Harry Potter himself, and Nagini the snake. Some say Professor Quirrell was also one, but personally, I find that debatable, and thus, was not necessary.
-Pink Floyd
-deadgudrew
-FSLAR
-Fireworks
-Deschain

12/21:

Lugia: Timid Lv. 70
*Pressure
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
[Aeroblast] [Safeguard] [Punishment] [AncientPower]
Question: Give me the Zelda timeline and the extenuating circumstances behind it.
Answer: Nintendo has copped out the timeline. Some were mind f'ed about the findings. Skyward Sword, Minish Cap, Four Swords, Ocarina of Time. Good so far? Well, here come the extenuating circumstances. There's a THREE way split at Ocarina of Time! If Link fails to defeat Ganon in OoT, then we have Link to the Past, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Link's Awakening, The Legend of Zelda, and Zelda 2. If Link defeats Ganon but is then sent to the past, we get Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, and Four Swords Adventure. And finally, if Link defeats Ganondorf and stays as an adult, then it's Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks. Theories be damned...
-deadguydrew
-Jackie Chun
-MoreThanBored

12/22:

Ho-oh: Hasty Lv. 45
*Pressure
IVs: 31/31/31/31/30/31
[Extrasensory] [Sunny Day] [Fire Blast] [Sacred Fire]
Question: The Legend of Zelda celebrates its 25th Anniversary this year, based on its Japanese release in 1986. What other notable video game series celebrates 25 years?
Answer: Snatched real quick...Metroid celebrates 25 years this year, though Castlevania and Dragon Quest also qualify.
-Pink Floyd
-Fireworks
-M. Rock

12/23:

Pidove: Jolly ♂ Lv. 1
*Big Pecks
[Gust] [Morning Sun] [-] [-]

Question: Name all the blades in this image:

Answer: Tricky one, eh? Clockwise, Master Sword, Benihime, Type-1 Energy Weapon/Sword, Weavel's Scythe, and Vader's Lightsaber. Seems the 4th Blade gave people fits!
-Harlequin Boy

Zekrom: Adamant Lv. 50
*Teravolt
[Dragonbreath] [Slash] [Zen Headbutt] [Fusion Bolt]
(Note: Rebattle Code used. Semi-Resitribution rights granted to Twelve Days of Christmas Winner)​
Question: Todays question is more of a riddle/poetry piece:

Nationality extends.
I am American-born.
But there lies another home,
A home to the south,
Donde hablamos español.

Iglesia cristiana,
Somos devotos en nuestra fe.
The government may try to bribe
Naive, foolish farmers with free
Livestock, but the young will learn.

Center of the Central,
Tiramos puta
Like there is no tomorrow
As we pass you on dirt roads,
Concrete destroyed by quakes.

Agua pura, clara, a dos lados.
Destino húmedo, pero con gran cultura de
Nativos. Plains, forests, mountains, lakes,
Nature's wonder, government's trample.
Mi hermoso ______

Fill in the blank.

Answer: Unfortunate that a few people didn't read the entry for today's Pokemon properly. Some people had the correct answer but lacked a crucial part in their entry. The Jedi is American-born indeed, but his other home is...Nicaragua. The opening line suggests that I while I was born in the United States, my family roots extend elsewhere. "South" suggest a country south of the border, while "Center of the Central" refers to...Central America. The other descriptions might help, but pay attention to "Center." If we're looking at Central America, the way it is composed, one can pin point the country that is centered in Central America. Hence, Nicaragua.

:heart:
awesome giveaway!!!

Makuhita: Adamant ♂ Lv. 2
*Thick Fat
ill send u the answer

:heart: Read the rules, will send PM

Makuhita: Adamant ♂ Lv. 2
*Thick Fat

:heart:read the rules:

Bronzor: Sassy Lv. 15
*Levitate
IVs: 30/31/30/31/31/3
[Confusion] [Hypnosis] [Imprison] [Confuse Ray]
gonna send u a pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)