Battle Stadium The Trick Squad: A Hyper Offensive Trick Room Team

A Quick Intro:
I'm new to the competitive Pokémon scene and I enjoy team building so I thought I'd try my hand at it. This team is built around my love for Trick room and I started knowing that I wanted Reuniclus included in my team.

The Building Process:

Runerigus @ Mental Herb
Ability: Wandering Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Taunt
- Memento

I started with my Suicide Lead Runerigus. It's sole purpose it to get stealth rock/trick room off and then use memento to send out another Pokémon that will take advantage of it. I use the Mental herb to prevent taunt from stopping me setting up the Trick room.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Acid Armor

My Reuniclus is the setup sweeper of my team. I went with a Calm mind build as it's amazing as a sweeper but I'm not entirely sure how this will capitalize on Trick Room (Maybe while setting up but this team hasn't been play tested yet.) This is a pretty standard cookie cutter Reuniclus so I don't have much to say on it

Mimikyu @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Mimikyu is another one of my Trick Room setter that basically gets a free Trick Room due to Disguise. This tactic only works if the opponent doesn't have Mold Breaker, Stalwart, Roar, Whirlwind, or Taunt. The Babiri berry is to keep Mimikyu alive to get off Trick room in a case of an OHKO.

Hatterene (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire

Hatterene is another Trick Room setter with the perk of being good Offensively. It counters Ferrothorn and Excadrill which seem to be big counters to the team so I threw it in there.

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

This is my Physical Wallbreaker that heavily capitalizes off of Trick Room. I included Swords Dance because as a Trick Room abuser Aqua Jet didn't seem too appealing being a priority move (If I'm wrong on that please correct me). Other than that this is pretty close to a choice band mono type water build.

Copperajah-Gmax @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Heat Crash
- Bulldoze
- Rock Slide

Last but not least Copperjah. Copperjah is a really heavy hitter with lots of coverage to anything that resists Iron Head. In its Gmax form it's steel type moves turn into G-Max Steelsurge which adds a steel type stealth rock onto the field. Having 2 layers of stealth rocks should make breaking so much easier for my team. I plan on using this after all the hazard removers have been taken out of play.

My inspiration for the base of this team ( Trick Room team from 2019 by 420LegitShucks )

That's my humble team, Any advice to make this better would be greatly appreciated as I'd love to see other perspectives on this team as sometimes I get too hyper focused on things and certain broader problems slip their way in my works. Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day.​

You have 4 ghost weaks. That's something to watch out for. Lot of type overlap, meanwhile you lack grass and ice coverage(mainly for the 4x grass weaks like Swampert who are also 4x weak to Freeze-Dry.) I don't get Taunt on Runerigus, it's slow so even if they are taunt bait they'll get one move free first. It should have an attack. I think this largely because, as a ground, it can easily be good vs. my favorite, Regieleki. But it needs an attack. EQ would be good ofc especially if you don't run it on Copperajah. However, Runerigus is one of the few mons to get the great move Poltergeist, so you may want to capitalize on that. You also forgot to list its nature.

I don't think Copperajah is viable, but if it works for you I'd at least go Play Rough>Bulldoze on a full tr team. Then again you have 2 fairies, don't need that coverage. So either EQ or Power Whip(I like the latter for 4x weaks, Runerigus can run a ground move for you. Also go 252 HP/ 4 SpD cause of EVs at level 50(I imagine there is a better spread, but as a start. For instance, less HP and more SpD cuts the chance of Modest specs Regieleki ohkoing-unless it has Electro Ball like mine, but I digress.) Play Rough does get the SF boost though.

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Bulldoze vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zacian-Crowned: 114-135 (68.2 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (100.00% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)

252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zacian-Crowned: 146-174 (87.4 - 104.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO (18.8% chance to OHKO after accuracy)

just to show Bulldoze is still weaker.

Mimikyu, as far as I know, is almost always Phantom Force, not Shadow Claw. To waste max turns, and ofc for the power.

Lol I missed the biggest thing, this is BSS so where is your restricted? And that's just for now, next month is 2 restricted. You won't win much w/o utilizing those. Um, you do know SD on a CB set is hopeless right? Probably a typo...there are other moves besides Aqua Jet if you feel that's too redundant. Switcheroo can ditch the CB and try to cripple them. Crawdaunt also learns Close Combat interestingly.

EDIT: Something seemed fishy and I found it. Item Clause, you can't have 2 lo.

I would add more description, especially on Hatterene cause you are supposed to. Your mons, bar Mimikyu, are all quite niche, at best. Really they're more like unheard of, idk that you will do well. One thing I did which may or may not help in this mketa is run a tiny bit of Spe on Hatterene for uninvested Glastrier. You really don't want to put that in tr, to outspeed that way. Your Hatterene wuld ofc need Modest and 31 Spe IV for that, though. Probably too much work to breed/IV train.

I'll try to think more of weaknesses. Xerneas immediately jumps out though. Swampert probably, it's slow to use your tr, and can Flip Turn out of Hatterene in case you switch in to reflect Yawn. Zapdos is crazy common and you don't seem good against it in any real way. Rilla has gotten more common recently, as has Landog. The Urshifus seem like trouble. They crit past possible Acid Armors too, which can be bad for you. P2 is an issue. Other Mimikyu too. Another steel is worth considering, since Copperajah is not good enough to get you out of trouble w/ fairies like the aforementioned. Xerneas has +2 T-bolt/Thunder, and Mimikyu takes it further and can safely boost on it, then it might have Drain Punch. You have absolutely nothing for Kyogre.

Last edited:
You have 4 ghost weaks. That's something to watch out for. Lot of type overlap, meanwhile you lack grass and ice coverage(mainly for the 4x grass weaks like Swampert who are also 4x weak to Freeze-Dry.) I don't get Taunt on Runerigus, it's slow so even if they are taunt bait they'll get one move free first. It should have an attack. I think this largely because, as a ground, it can easily be good vs. my favorite, Regieleki. But it needs an attack. EQ would be good ofc especially if you don't run it on Copperajah. However, Runerigus is one of the few mons to get the great move Poltergeist, so you may want to capitalize on that. You also forgot to list its nature.

I don't think Copperajah is viable, but if it works for you I'd at least go Play Rough>Bulldoze on a full tr team. Then again you have 2 fairies, don't need that coverage. So either EQ or Power Whip(I like the latter for 4x weaks, Runerigus can run a ground move for you. Also go 252 HP/ 4 SpD cause of EVs at level 50(I imagine there is a better spread, but as a start. For instance, less HP and more SpD cuts the chance of Modest specs Regieleki ohkoing-unless it has Electro Ball like mine, but I digress.) Play Rough does get the SF boost though.

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Bulldoze vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zacian-Crowned: 114-135 (68.2 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (100.00% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)

252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zacian-Crowned: 146-174 (87.4 - 104.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO (18.8% chance to OHKO after accuracy)

just to show Bulldoze is still weaker.

Mimikyu, as far as I know, is almost always Phantom Force, not Shadow Claw. To waste max turns, and ofc for the power.

Lol I missed the biggest thing, this is BSS so where is your restricted? And that's just for now, next month is 2 restricted. You won't win much w/o utilizing those. Um, you do know SD on a CB set is hopeless right? Probably a typo...there are other moves besides Aqua Jet if you feel that's too redundant. Switcheroo can ditch the CB and try to cripple them. Crawdaunt also learns Close Combat interestingly.

EDIT: Something seemed fishy and I found it. Item Clause, you can't have 2 lo.

I would add more description, especially on Hatterene cause you are supposed to. Your mons, bar Mimikyu, are all quite niche, at best. Really they're more like unheard of, idk that you will do well. One thing I did which may or may not help in this mketa is run a tiny bit of Spe on Hatterene for uninvested Glastrier. You really don't want to put that in tr, to outspeed that way. Your Hatterene wuld ofc need Modest and 31 Spe IV for that, though. Probably too much work to breed/IV train.

I'll try to think more of weaknesses. Xerneas immediately jumps out though. Swampert probably, it's slow to use your tr, and can Flip Turn out of Hatterene in case you switch in to reflect Yawn. Zapdos is crazy common and you don't seem good against it in any real way. Rilla has gotten more common recently, as has Landog. The Urshifus seem like trouble. They crit past possible Acid Armors too, which can be bad for you. P2 is an issue. Other Mimikyu too. Another steel is worth considering, since Copperajah is not good enough to get you out of trouble w/ fairies like the aforementioned. Xerneas has +2 T-bolt/Thunder, and Mimikyu takes it further and can safely boost on it, then it might have Drain Punch. You have absolutely nothing for Kyogre.
Hey thanks for the suggestions. I noticed the item clause after I posted this and never got to fixing the post. To address the EQ, it does seem a lot better than Bulldoze. After looking at the team I definitely do want to add a restricted but the only thing that stood out to me really was Groudon and I'm not completely sure on it's Viability in tr. If I were to run a restricted I would most definitely change out the Crawdaunt. The Groudon would also check the Kyogre if I'm not mistaken. I'll take your suggestions and revise the team, thank you so much. Have a great day

Bulldoze does negate lol recoil w/ sheer force, so it has niche use imo. Still go EQ, that's good. Not many restricted fit on dedicated tr, but the huge BSTs make it work even if it isn't abusing the tr. Groudon could work, or else Necrozma. Dusk Mane is good though you're ghost weak. But it can run weakness policy. I wouldn't use Dawn Wings even though this is tr, topo weak to ghost and dark, even more so. I don't believe Groudon commonly checks Ogre. Ogre ofc hates sun, but it has the type advantage.

148 Def EVs only on Reuniclus give P2 the wrong Download boost. The rest can go in SpA, or you could calc for what you want to live w. it.

252 SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Groudon in Sun: 152-182 (73.4 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (100.00% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)

Calrex-Ice is another slow legend. Whichever one you go w/ you're not avoiding that ghost and dark weakness, so maybe keep Crawdaunt to partially offset that?

252+ Atk Necrozma-Dusk Mane Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 224-266 (96.1 - 114.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO (81.3% chance to OHKO after accuracy)

Necrozma on your team could also be AV, since DD set-up is unwelcome. This tanks even boosted Xern fine and does more vs. Kyogre, especially if you are in tr and can weaken Spout. Alternatively, replace Runerigus or Hatterene and have NDM as a tr setter itself.

Next series, for you w/ tr, I'd run Caly-I and Necrozma Dusk Mane as the legends. At least one should have tr itself. NDM seems a good replacement for Copperajah, as a fellow steel. Caly-I doesn't replace a mon as easily, but it is a better tr user and setter than at least Runerigus and Hatterene. For it you should definitely run Seed Bomb/Bullet Seed, and I strongly recommend Close Combat.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)