Monotype The Team

Bka Onon

I see Fire.
is a Pre-Contributor
Team made in collaboration with style.css
Thank You, A lot.

:sv/ninetales-alola::sv/baxcalibur::sv/articuno::sv/weavile::sv/piloswine::sv/cetitan:
[Click Sprites for Import]

[Introduction]
First of all, hi, I'm Bka Onon, avid Monotype & NatDex Monotype player, dabbles into Ubers and ADV OU, blah blah blah.
So I can't remember the exact point where it led me and style to collab on this team and make it together, since it was a while ago (>1.5 months I think). Initially, I think, I wanted to build around Sub-DD Bax and style also had an idea for Ice at the same time, we showed each other our teams and they were pretty similar, so we decided to put the best parts of each team and ended up creating, what I can only describe as the Gordon Ramsey Gourmet Masterpiece of this tier. Let's take a look shall we?

[Composition]
:ninetales-alola:
A must on any Ice, Snow's boost in conjunction with Veil makes everything extremely fat and provides a ridiculous amount of aid to everything on the team, in fact, I'm gonna post random calcs of MSciz Bullet Punches vs The Team later on with Snow and Veil up.
:ninetales-alola::baxcalibur:
This team was made before the DLC, so Bax was still relatively unexplored, but I had a vision, a vision where Bax caused destruction, lo-and-behold, it did.
:ninetales-alola::baxcalibur::articuno:
After testing with :avalugg: and :Cloyster: as removers, we came to the conclusion that Articuno is severely underrated and fits extremely well on Ice, Ground-immune, pivot, healing, Pressure stall, Hazard removal, it does so much.
:ninetales-alola::baxcalibur::articuno::weavile:
Weavile is the scarfer of choice, basically because it is already so fast that after a scarf, it can outspeed almost every other scarfer in the tier, and it also helps the team by removing key items from many defensive and offensive mons alike.

:ninetales-alola::baxcalibur::articuno::weavile::piloswine:
I wrote an analysis on this! But tl;dr great wall which becomes extremely fat with Snow + Eviolite + Veil, can setup hazards, spread toxic or phaze, tank Fire attacks, and deals with Ice's life long nemeses of :Charizard-mega-y: and :volcarona:
:ninetales-alola::baxcalibur::articuno::weavile::piloswine::cetitan:
Now, this was an odd choice at first since I'm a big :Arctozolt: fan but style had already made a Cetitan set which worked extremely extremely well and is a great win condition, it has amazing natural bulk and even priority to work outside Snow.

[In-Depth Analyses]

:sv/ninetales-alola:
[Bka Onon's]
Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 128 HP / 128 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast
- Encore
128 SpA Ninetales-Alola Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Scizor-Mega: 172-204 (50.1 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Ninetales-Alola in Snow with an ally's Aurora Veil: 204-242 (63.9 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Basically this is an extremely standard set, but with HP Fire > Freeze-Dry, the main reason being that with Veil and Snow up, it actually lives MSciz, and we can guarantee a 2HKO on it with 128 SpA EVs, and the rest can be put into HP for bulk, which is the most optimal we've found. STAB Moonblast is extremely helpful to scare of Dark types like Mega Sableye which can Knock Off Light Clay. And Encore is a great form of disruption to easily let in Baxcalibur or Cetitan.

:sv/Baxcalibur:
[Bka Onon's]
Baxcalibur @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 136 HP / 84 Atk / 84 Def / 4 SpD / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
252 SpA Volcarona Flamethrower vs. 136 HP / 4 SpD Baxcalibur with an ally's Aurora Veil: 85-101 (20.9 - 24.9%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
+2 84 Atk Baxcalibur Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gallade-Mega: 280-330 (101 - 119.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Gallade-Mega Close Combat vs. 136 HP / 84 Def Baxcalibur in Snow with an ally's Aurora Veil: 153-181 (37.7 - 44.6%) -- 40.8% chance to 3HKO after Ice Body recovery and Leftovers recovery
+1 84 Atk Baxcalibur Icicle Crash vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Gallade-Mega: 313-370 (112.9 - 133.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 136 HP / 84 Def Baxcalibur in Snow with an ally's Aurora Veil: 79-94 (19.5 - 23.2%) -- possible 9HKO after Ice Body recovery and Leftovers recovery
Spe = 286, Faster than Base 80s, outspeeds Zeraora at +1
From the above, it should be clear that, Baxcalibur is rather cracked, we tried to perfectly take almost every aspect that could happen in a real game, and created this set. Substitute behind Veil with Snow active is one of the cheapest ways to boost, Ice + Ground can give it almost perfect coverage bar some mons like Rotom-W which cannot break your sub anyway. Ice Body is not your common choice, since Thermal Exchange is so good, but for this set and team, this elevates the ease by which Bax boosts and sweeps by a lot; but Thermal Exchange on this set is still usable and plenty good. All in all, Mr. Bax is the highlight and goat of this team.
:sv/articuno:
[Bka Onon + style.css's]
Articuno @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 48 SpA / 28 SpD / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
48 SpA Articuno Freeze-Dry vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Barraskewda: 264-312 (100.3 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 248 HP / 28 SpD Articuno: 320-380 (83.5 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 132+ Def Articuno in Snow with an ally's Aurora Veil: 64-76 (16.7 - 19.8%) -- guaranteed 6HKO
Spe = 219, Outspeeds Jolly Azumarill, still slow enough to speed creep most U-Turn users
As previously said, Articuno is a rarely seen mon, but we worked together on this set and came up with what we think works the best, it is a great asset for the team. It's a Ground immunity which can remove hazards, pivot in Baxcalibur and Cetitan, can Pressure stall and has reliable healing. With Snow in the mix now, it can easily wall a lot more than it could previously have and in my opinion, is the best removal option Ice has.

:sv/Weavile:
[style.css's]
Weavile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 232 Atk / 4 Def / 20 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Iron Tail
252 Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Weavile: 237-280 (84.3 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 20 SpD Weavile: 237-280 (84.3 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
232 Atk Weavile Iron Tail vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 288-340 (119.5 - 141%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Weavile in Snow with an ally's Aurora Veil: 114-135 (40.5 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Pretty standard set with rather nonstandard EVs, it's just your average Scarf Weavile at first, but style teched it with the Iron Tail to take care of any Diancies that choose to not go mega and try to catch Triple Axel off guard, and also generally help against Fairies way more. Scarf weavile already outspeeds the likes of Scarf Lele and Iron Valiant under terrain and easily threaten them with a KO, but this solidifies the Fairy mu further. The Def and SpD investments may seem random (they are) but they can come in clutch at times and it really doesn't take away from Weavile's power.

:sv/piloswine:
[Standard]
Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Roar
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
12 Atk Piloswine Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Volcarona: 312-368 (100.3 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Scizor-Mega Superpower vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Piloswine in Snow with an ally's Aurora Veil: 86-102 (21.3 - 25.3%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO
This is the only standard set on this team, it's just a fat fuck. It sits there, set's rocks and prevents you from getting overrun by Volcarona and Mega Charizard Y by eating their hits. Snow + Veil + Eviolite also makes it extremely...extremely fat. It can easily tank almost any and every hit thrown at it, spread toxic to walls or phaze out and deal passive damage. It is also an invaluable piece in the Electric mu and prevents a Volt Switch spam and can even threaten a lot of things in the Electric mu.

:sv/cetitan:
[style.css's]
Cetitan @ Normalium Z
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Def / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Belly Drum
252+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 8 HP / 84 Def Cetitan: 306-360 (63.3 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 8 HP / 84 Def Cetitan in Snow with an ally's Aurora Veil: 102-120 (21.1 - 24.8%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
+6 252+ Atk Cetitan Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Scizor-Mega: 323-380 (114.9 - 135.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Cetitan Ice Spinner vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 366-432 (91.9 - 108.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Spe = 223, faster than jolly base 50s like Azu, and also Great tusks hitting 221
I was sceptical on this at first, but after seeing the things it can do, woo, this shit is STRONG, like REAL STRONG. It's fast, fat, and with Z-Belly Drum can click it anytime even if it gets low. With Ice shard it doesn't even need Snow to sweep and even if it doesn't fulfill a sweep, it almost certainly opens one up for Baxcalibur or enable Weavile to clean up.

[Replays]
So this team, was used extensively in NDMPL, and it didn't lose, a single game. Here's all of them:
[style.css VS Silver Grace]
[style.css VS Silver Grace]
[Bka Onon VS Vodoom]
[Bka Onon VS Coo1313]
[Sunnyboi0 VS Neko]

[Shoutouts]
First of all, again a huge huge huge thanks to style.css for helping me build this team and making it what it is
Sunnyboi0 Neko CrossHeart Ashbala thanks for being absolute goats and helping me test the team and stuff
Felines gum Cielau hayedenn pas_touchao for being goat teammates in NDMPL, wouldn't have been able to use it if wasn't drafted on the squad, we'll be back next year fr
ken kenn diegoblu Swiffix TTK LuckyPiper crashy cat Sificon Tico Azick Starfox. and everyone else I'm probably forgetting (sorry), all of you smell! But ty for being frens <3
Trouser Snakes THE ICY ICE MAN
And Lastly, ikiarihS fuck OFF

[Fin]
Ight uh, that was it, we waited for a long time before posting this since we wanted NDMPL to end, and I hope everyone had fun in it, lost or won, and uh yea, I hope all of you enjoy The Team

Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, Good Night
See you soon

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)