Announcement The Smogon Main Discord is Looking for New Team Raters! [OLD] [SEE NEW THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer1234556

"Because... Scald is a shit Ferro answer!!!"
Discord: Gamer1234556#9071
Tier: BW OU

Credentials: BW OU Analysis Writer. I also have been pretty active in the BW OU section of the RMT Forum. I initially peaked at around 1400s at one point during my time of laddering.

Discord: meri❧#5294
Tiers: SS UU/SS RU/SS NU

Credentials: NU is the tier I lead and I can have Rabia as well as many other random people vouch for my building ability in that tier. UU I'm currently in UUFPL, and although I have done quite poorly, I don't think the reason for this is my building ability. Estarossa is probably the person to ask to get the best judgement of my ability, as I have bounced some ideas off of him in the past few weeks. RU I'm not as confident in, but I built a lot of it during SCL and I'm picking it back up, and I think I'd like to fill that role due to the lack of raters to fill that slot.

Discord: BugGoBrrrrrr#6602
Tier: Natdex UU ofc

Credentials: I have been very active on ladder for a bit over a month now and have successfully gotten two accounts in top 10 (Teambuilders inc. and BugGoBrrrrrr) and have helped several people get into the tier and get to mid/high ladder with my teams (most notably Kyanno who is sitting up there with me in top 10). I don’t know if any of the tier leaders can vouch for me but you can check with miscellaneous people in the Natdex UU portion of the Natdex discord as I’m quite active there. I haven’t been able to get into any tours yet as none have been ran recently but as soon as I start seeing some getting ran I plan on joining as many as I can. You can also contact Linus#1897, Lunar#6925, Slicesofbread96#5038, and TheZilla07#3784 on discord if you want to ask people I have talked to extensively on the tier or helped by giving them teams or info on the tier. If you would like to see any replays of me laddering and beating high ELO players feel free to shoot me a dm on discord and I will be happy to provide.

Discord: BugGoBrrrrrr#6602
Tier: Natdex UU ofc

Credentials: I have been very active on ladder for a bit over a month now and have successfully gotten two accounts in top 10 (Teambuilders inc. and BugGoBrrrrrr) and have helped several people get into the tier and get to mid/high ladder with my teams (most notably Kyanno who is sitting up there with me in top 10). I don’t know if any of the tier leaders can vouch for me but you can check with miscellaneous people in the Natdex UU portion of the Natdex discord as I’m quite active there. I haven’t been able to get into any tours yet as none have been ran recently but as soon as I start seeing some getting ran I plan on joining as many as I can. You can also contact Linus#1897, Lunar#6925, Slicesofbread96#5038, and TheZilla07#3784 on discord if you want to ask people I have talked to extensively on the tier or helped by giving them teams or info on the tier. If you would like to see any replays of me laddering and beating high ELO players feel free to shoot me a dm on discord and I will be happy to provide.
Very true

Tysonslayer

is a Top Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnus
Tysonslayer#8583
Tiers: SS OU

Credentials: Been playing for a while now and was a part of OU's Teambuilding lab and am currently on Trial QC for OU's QC team and had written up a couple of analyses for them. I had contributed a lot when it comes to metagame discussion as well as hosted a couple of projects in the tier before they got discontinued. I usually hang around Trainer Academy as part of the staff where I have rated a bunch of teams regarding OU and occasionally rate teams on forums. If there were someone to vouch for me ask anyone from OU QC or Trainer Academy staff

Freeze#1717

SSOU

well I play ladder like everyday and join in on tours related with it and I sometimes make VR posts. I've demonstrated my knowledge by doing well in circuit tours and am currently top4 in ou summer seasonals with possibilities of making further. My VR posts are also a good demonstration of my skill in metagame knowledge. I applied for this so I can have the role and can help people when they ping me.

Discord:Dolphin#2267

The meta you'd like to rate.:SM OU

I have been playing SMOU for over 5 years, since about the pre-pokebank metagame, consistently playing since then. I have demonstrated knowledge of the metagame through rating teams for SMOU on the discord over the past year. Zeno encouraged me to sign up for rater a couple months ago and can vouch for my knowledge of the metagame. If need be, another rater for SMOU KaiserKaiba can also vouch for me.

DerpySuX

its hard to breathe but thats alright
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Trying again lo

Discord - DerpySuX#3962

Tier - gen8 Battle Stadium Singles (BSS)

I’ve been playing BSS for most of gen 8, and have managed some pretty cool accomplishments, including topping the PS BSS Ladder and winning the BSSC Roomtour Series 2, I have also won a small friendly competition (like very small but we take those).

I have also been rating BSS teams pretty consistently for a fair bit at this point, and am some peoples’ go-to for BSS advice in the server, alongside Theorymon.

Daylight

angels roll their eyes
is an Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
Discord: Dawnglow#7350
Tier: ORAS Pure Hackmons

Credentials: UT introduced me to ORAS PH a few months ago and it quickly became my favorite format to both play and build. Since then, I’ve been pretty active in the ORAS PH space on Discord and in the Old Shark room. Most recently, I created this RMT, which was recently both RMT of the Month and added to the team showcase. I was also singlehandedly responsible for introducing Mega Gardevoir as a legitimate threat in ORAS PH; additionally, my usage of Love Dissolves Fear is almost directly responsible for Mega Gardevoir’s rise in the ORAS PH viability rankings, and, by extension, its subsequent rise in usage on the ladder and by other good players. I love building with and exploring previously underutilized mons! I’m also on the ORAS PH C&C QC team and have written 13 analyses (and QC’d 5) so far—9 of which have been uploaded.

ORAS PH Analyses:
:gardevoir-mega::lucario-mega::cresselia::arceus::kyogre-primal::meloetta::mewtwo-mega-y::manectric-mega::genesect::diancie-mega::blissey:
(Arceus and Mewtwo are each two analyses.)

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
Discord: neko#5707
Meta: Gen 8 Monotype / Natdex Monotype
Summary and Credentials: Technically, I'm a pretty new player by most standards (~a little bit over a year of playing), but I've made Monotype my home. I'm currently part of the Monotype C&C team and have written 20 analyses (and am still writing), which covers for most of the viable types in monotype. I'm also a part of the Monotype / NatDex Monotype room staff and I usually help by answering questions about team building and what not. Also, I have participated in most of the Nat Dex Monotype suspects. :blobnom:

Discord: BAHAMUT#8839
Meta: ORAS Pure Hackmons

Around November last year, I was among the few given Leadership for the tier. I'm unsure exactly how long I have played, but it's been at least a few years now. Been doing quite a bit of work with ORAS resources between VR placements, Sample teams, and also more recently been writing Analysis and doing some QC for the tier. I would be very happy to help look over others teams rate them and give suggestions.

Discord: Shandeur#6945
Meta: SS Little Cup.

I've been playing SS LC for about almost a year now, and I have contributed to the tier by deciding on a suspect, and I have recently decided to play through tours such as LCSL, and was drafted midseason to LCPL. After discussing the tier with people who are affiliated with the tier in the LC and Smogon discord for a few months now, and have been helping contribute to the tier by posting samples in the sample teams thread, writing an analysis (of which I plan to do more in the future.), and contributing to certain tiering placements. I'd really enjoy if I were to become a rater for the tier, and I'd love to get more people into the tier.

bilb owo

Banned deucer.
Bilbooo#0001
Any OM and in particular 1v1. I have a good grasp on pretty much all gens of 1v1 and am one of the more active ss 1v1 team builders. I also play pretty much all other OMs, I have recently won 2v2pl and might be playing AG for the UK in OMWC.
Edit: forgot to mention I played gen5 1v1 in 1v1 WC where I built a vast portion of NEU’s teams.

Sulo

pure heroine
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader
Sulo#7802
SS UU / National Dex
I've been playing both tiers for about two years now, and I have a consistent understanding of both metagames, having rated multiple teams in ND and especially UU (1, 2, 3). I help (or at least try to help) a lot of people that want to learn the tier and try to keep up active and quality discussions between anyone interested in the tier. Regarding C&C, I'm working towards doing AMQC checks for UU and ND and have written analyses for UU that are in my signature. Auth for both rooms in my signature as well.

3d

継続は力なり
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
1663830754862.png

oras/ss ou
im really good at ss ou, anyone can vouch for me on that and oras is the one other tier that im confident in my building skills. i have countless rates on forums and would love to help out.

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
Noticed a lack of OM players rating teams so thought i'd chip in a little.

Tea Guzzler#3403
SS Balanced Hackmons
Been playing BH for about a year, active on ladder, in tours, discord and on forums (where i've done a few team rates already).
On the council, played/supported BH in OMPL X, got to r7 in seasonal, currently playing for UK in OMWC. Have written some BH analyses (in signature) with more waiting for checks.

Aqua Jet

Stardew
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Dew #8851
SS UU / SS RU / SS Monotype
SS UU: I managed 2 team tours including my UUSD victory and managed UUFPL to playoffs. I've made many posts across the history of SS UU (1 2 3), and am also a tutor for that metagame. I haven't asked them but I think Accel (who vouched for me to become a tutor) would recommend me for this position. I also co-wrote an article on Thundurus-I's suspect test.
SS RU: I'm rather new to RU but have been making a splash, being active in the discord, and coming up with creative new Pokémon such as Eiscue and Dugtrio-Alola (1 2). I also haven't asked them but C0nfiden1 0yster would (probably) recommend me for this position since I've been testing ideas with them a lot.
SS Monotype: I'm a QC member and Plunder can probably be a reference for me. I also have a bunch of analysis written for the tier, and have 2 articles in the process (1 in WIP and 1 in GP).
If more information is needed, please contact me on discord!

Last edited:

ong

Banned deucer.
kyoto#6900
ND OU
I’ve been playing NDOU for almost a year, was and still am very active on ladder where I’ve peaked 2,000+ elo, I stay very active in the ND Tour scene as-well.
I was recently drafted for NDPL where I went for 10k which is my first official team-tournament. I’ve helped / built for many established ND tour players such as Molly, KDCA, and more. I love interacting and building with the community so It would be an amazing experience.

Your forum name: Kageyama#3661

The meta you'd like to rate: Gen 7 OU

A brief summary of your experience in that meta: I started SM OU last August 2021, after discovering Pokemon Showdown. I've been playing SM OU for years and know multiple strategies that can help others rank up the ladder and be an expert at SM OU.

Forum rates demonstrating your knowledge: I don't usually rate in Smogon forums, only on the Discord server.

Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: I am a bit new to team rating but this tier is my most played format. Also I've been helping a rater on this format in order for the person who needs help have many options. But yeah, I mostly rate teams in discord, and I have also a good rating based on the teams I usually rate.

SpaceSpeakers

eeny mine moe
is a Tiering Contributor
  • Your discord name: Mesprit#4606
  • The meta you'd like to rate: USUM Mix And Mega
  • A brief summary of your experience in that meta: It was my first format when I started playing Pokemon Showdown. I've been playing G7MMM for many years (since 2017) but I just started playing completely in 2021
  • Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: I don't know if any of the tier leaders can vouch for me but u can contact other high ladder players in this format to ask them. I have peaked the USUM ladder a countless number of times accounts as well as helped some people reach ladder.

Freeze#1717

SSOU

well I play ladder like everyday and join in on tours related with it and I sometimes make VR posts. I've demonstrated my knowledge by doing well in circuit tours and am currently top4 in ou summer seasonals with possibilities of making further. My VR posts are also a good demonstration of my skill in metagame knowledge. I applied for this so I can have the role and can help people when they ping me.
BUMP!
adding SM/ADV OU in the mix
SM- I'm not extremely qualiified in tours showcase but I did rate a few teams last time I was in this discord + I build stuff with kaiser & gang so I think I have the capability to rate most the teams.
ADV- I have had good placing in ADV circuit tours and I have shown my passion for the tier in the discord and I have sufficient metagame knowledge to rate squads.
I'm applying because I'll usually be free and am eager to help out the community a bit before SV launch.

romanji

spring blooms
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Your discord name. romanji#2463

The meta you'd like to rate. SS UU

A brief summary of your experience in that meta. I originally started playing UU around July of 2020 and haven’t looked back since. I was also in the most recent finals in UUFPL, starting all but one game. Moreover, I had a decent showing in UU Swiss, going 4–3 after a rough 0-2 start.

Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame. Though I haven’t been drafted to any big UU tournaments, I’m still actively trying to improve in the tier. I’ve written many analyses for the Pokemon in the tier, and have written an article in the past 2 years, and have been very active in the forum projects before being shut down eat

This can be done via tour matches, articles written, forum team rating examples, tier leaders/council members who would vouch for you, etc. (It is especially helpful if examples of these things are given)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)