Announcement The Smogon Main Discord is Looking for New Team Raters! [OLD] [SEE NEW THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Clone#4681

SS OU

Been playing since March.

I'm OU QC, a former OU TR (was fisted and all) back in ORAS, currently rating teams on the forums when they're not sniped by ironwater and post in the OU subforum when I get a chance. I work for a living so I don't have all the free time in the world, but on my days off or during downtime at work I spend some time scrolling discord/forums so might as well put some of that time to good use.

As far as anyone who'd vouch for me, ask anyone on the QC team or South.

Staxi

Staxoat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Staxi#2973
SS Ubers
I'm playing the tier since late 2019, got reqs for every suspects bar one, I am an Ubers tutor for B101, I am currently on the Ubers Tiering Council, I won UPL as manager, made Ubers Ladder Tour finals, Currently managing SCL, got interviewed.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
city#0310

balanced hackmons

experience: i started playing bh in late 2016 and have not really stopped since. i'm active on both ladder and tours and enjoy playing both gen 8 and gen 7.

qualifications: am on council, 3-2 in latest ompl, second place in recent seasonal, post too much on the forums, close to 50k lines in om discord bh channels, etc etc

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Hi all,

I have since taken over this project and plan to keep looking through new rater applications whenever they come in, meanwhile though I have reviewed all that have been posted thus far and did a wave of raters. However, if you didn't get in fear not, I'm sure the time will come when you will be picked to be a competitive helper!

As of now though, we could use raters who primarily specialize in Gens 1-7 OU, SS RU, NFE and any raters for OMs are always welcomed! so if you know these tiers and feel knowledgable enough to rate, be sure to signup!

Last edited:

zoe

Tragic Decision
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
dnagerbdager#6808

SS DOU

I've been playing DOU for about 9-ish months at this point, near the beginning of CT and haven't stopped since! As for qualifications, I've written four analyses for DOU, one completed and three still in the works (four if you count the spotlight, all though that one is technically done). I'm also currently hosting the ongoing DOU Fall Seasonal! My best tour result was getting Top 24 in the last Spring Seasonal for DOU. I've also tired to be helpful regarding DOU in both comp general and the rmt channels. Both emma and Raineko can vouch for me if need be!

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
!Isaiah#9426
Almost Any Ability

I've played SS AAA since the beginning of the gen, and I've been the tier leader since November of last year (I think?). Additionally, I'm also on AAA's QC team and I've suggested a set or two + had a team spotlight for social media if that means anything. Would love to be able to help in any cases where people are interested in building teams and need guidance :]

DIYUSI

formerly KaiserKaiba
is a Team Rater Alumnus
KaiserKaiba#5863

SM OU

I have been playing SM OU since more than one year. Smogon Discord already knows me as a guy that help a lot to improve any SM OU teams. I don't really have achievement in Smogon tournaments and I still have a lot to learn in the tier, but I want to be helpful for newer players in the tier. My tutor Serika can vouch for me.

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What is your Discord name?
Aqua Ring #4823

What meta are would you like to rate?
SS UU

List a brief summary of your experience in SS UU
Despite only starting UU in late March (around 7 months of experience), I feel that I have amassed enough tier knowledge to be a team rater through watching tournament games, laddering, and playing for Team Canada in UUWC where I was drafted as a substitute player primarily for SS. I ended up being played in UUWC, and even was able to win a game for my team. I am also currently undergoing tutoring by pokemonisfun.

How have you demonstrated knowledge of the metagame?

I'm very active both in the UU Discord and on Fourms, where I post VR nominations such as this one talking about Sneasel. I also host UU's Next Best Thing project and recently became the new host of UU Player Interviews, examples of which can be found here and here. I also co-wrote an article with Avarice on the suspect coverage of Thundurus-Incarnate. I'm also a voice in the UU PS! Room. If people to vouch for me are needed, my tutor pokemonisfun has agreed to do so.

Hi,

Mo#5581 ive been really active in the discord lately but ive been there for quite a while now.
Ive learned competitive and i know loads now.
Lets get in to some more questions: i would like to rate ou or ag or both.
Ss ou has been the first ever tier ive started to learn my highest score ever was around 1600 since im more of a teambuilder.
I learned how to teambuild and i can make perfectly viable teams now and give advice to others which i already do in the smogon discord.
I dont know what you mena with "knowledge" and if what i said is enough.
But for example i know all thing like having an electric immunity and what threats to check and how if that helps.
Alright now ag i rrached 1700 today and i placed number 107 for this meta i also know what threats to check and how to make a perfect team.

Attachments

CarIos#3533
Tiers: oras ou and sm ou, but would prefer oras

I have been playing this tiers the last years and got a good understanding of both. In oraspl I went for 3k and ended with a 4-2 record iirc, also last year I got to semis of the oras ribbon tour and got to some stours semis last season. In sm iirc i got to r10 once in a seasonal, topped the sm ladder as 1º in a ladder tour and won the sm division of a tour that Lutra makes at the end of the year ( https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...nals-6-man-won-by-pohjis.3675468/post-8769364 ). I also want the people to know more about oras and how fun is to innovate in the actual metagame because if everyone uses the same teams over and over again the tier will end up dying and that would depress me

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Your discord name: Milotic#5784

The meta you'd like to rate: Natdex OU

A brief summary of your experience in that meta: Been playing the tier since May 2020, so I have knowledge of the metagame differences between each suspect and shift in popularity of usage for certain mons and cores. I only actively started competing in tours around June of this year, and so far have reached Top 8 in the Fall Seasonal as well as being reached out as a consultant for multiple NDPL teams during the tour. I'm also a National Dex Moderator so I'm active within the community helping players fix teams, forge teams and all round give advice to those who need it.

Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: Built many teams for players to use in tours and for reqs such as the fabled Rillazone + Diancie and Encore Lop + Vile teams. I'm also the host of National Dex OU: Break this Core, so I have knowledge on the current popular usage as well as encouraging players of any skill level to attempt to post and learn. Avery, Chazm and Byleth can vouch for me.

Last edited:
What is your Discord name?
style.css#8283

What meta are would you like to rate?
SS UU, SS Monotype, SM Monotype, NatDex Monotype

List a brief summary of your experience / how have you demonstrated knowledge of the metagame?
SS UU: Though relatively new to the tier (~6 months), I've been active in the Main server room and topped ladder multiple times, completed 3 UU suspects and written a featured RMT for the tier.

Monotype as a whole I've been playing since Gen 5 at a competitive level.

SS Monotype: Currently I am a starting player for MWP as both a builder and player, contributed building for Bell Tower Braves' run to a win of the most recent MPL, topped ladder multiple times, completed a suspect test, written a featured RMT and I'm very active in the Main server room.I have had multiple Sample teams used for the tier through the different stages of SS competitive play with 2 currently being used.

SM Monotype: This was where I really took off on a competitive level, contributed multiple samples, wrote 2 RMTs (Steel and Bug) and topped ladder on multiple occasions. I was also very active in helping others build and test teams for tours including the Main server room.

NatDex Monotype: Because of my experience in both SS/SM Monotypes, NatDex is second nature. I'm active in the Main server room providing building advice and topped ladder. I've also worked very closely with NDM staff to create the soon to be released Sample Teams.

Last edited:
Plunder#9020
Tier: SS monotype

I've played in the majority of team tours this year for monotype while also helping with the building during each tour (qualified for BLT and played for the Kindred Kingdras, was drafted by the Bell Tower Braves in MPL and drafted to the Nixtorm Ninetales). I also have gotten to #2 on ladder multiple times, qualified for suspects, and am currently a monotype tutor.

BugGoBrrrrrr#6602 (discord name)
Gen 8 AAA
I’ve always been high ladder in the tier sitting around 1450 and would hover around there due to me using more heat than viable stuff so it was a bit unreliable. But recently I’ve decided to grind to top 5 on AAA even tho I gain about 5 points per win. It was long and fun but I recently landed at top 5 (believe I’m 5th at the time of typing this) on ladder (my PS name is BugGoBrrrrrr if you wanna check it out) and am going to continue to climb, hopefully.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8almostanyability-1504587511
^^^ This was actually my top 100 match I had given out my laddering team to a few good friends, because I’m cool like that , and ended up playing them as my match to hit top 100 on ladder. I feel this is a good summary of how my play style works, make doubles/use pivot moves effectively and then click kill buttons. In this game I showed off both of those aspects with the doubles in the beginning giving me a great start to the game and the predicts of when he would go fini and ultimately when he would stay in with corv. (and I did the calc the crit didn’t matter because I was tinted specs)

UT

Come one come all, it's happening again
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
Discord Name: UT#3006

Metas to rate: Gen8 Almost Any Ability and Gen8 Godly Gift

Credentials: I am on council for both metas, and have been actively playing them for some time. I have written or QCed numerous analyses for AAA as well, and had tour success in Godly Gift, going 5-1 in the Spotlight League.

iapt

the unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley
is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Discord Name: McGovernment#1327

Meta I'd like to rate: Gen8 Mix and Mega

Creds: I am currently on council for mnm, made it to at least quarterfinals of the mnm open, and if need be Chazm can vouch for me knowing whats up with the tier, and I can supply replays as well if necessary and stuff like that

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Discord - DerpySuX#3962

I play BSS.

I have been on the smogon forums for a little over a year now, and have been playing BSS for a little over 2 years. I mainly hang out in the Battle Stadium discord server, and the BSS forums.

I wrote the analysis for Necrozma-Dusk Mane, have 2 for Gastrodon and Urshifu-Single Strike awaiting GP, recently made a successful push to first place on the Showdown BSS ladder, and am in the second place seed for BSSC series12 playoffs.
358ABAB3-B34E-44D9-B923-831543BE0677.jpeg
I would say I’m decently skilled and would like to be a BSS team rater :)

Last edited:

dex

10 wolf, 3 shepherd, 1 sheep, led leopard
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Discord: Correia#8898

Tiers: BDSP OU, SS CAP

I'm on the QC team for both tiers and have played quite a bit of both. I've done some analysis writing as well for BDSP and I've done extensive analysis writing for CAP. Additionally for CAP, I qualified for CAP Circuit Champions last year.

Discord-Chew#9428

Metas- Almost Any Ability/Balanced Hackmons

Credentials- Have been playing OMs for about one and a half to 2 years now(10k Messages in OM Discord), mainly AAA, and for the past months, BH. Have played countless games on both my main and alt. I reached AAALT Playoffs as the one seed, OM Swiss Playoffs, BH Open Semis, OMWC for US South, and was drafted into OMPL recently. Members for both AAA and BH council+prominent OM figures can vouch for the work I've put in and the meta knowledge that I have.

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
Discord: DuckeryDoodle#0001
The meta you'd like to rate: SS Godly Gift / SS AAA
Experience in the tiers: I've been playing AAA for over a year and have participated in suspect tests and have writen multiple analyses for it, with a few more awaiting GP. I've picked up Godly Gift more recently, but have also written an analysis and participated in the Eternatus suspect test. UT, who is on both GG and AAA council, can vouch for me. Also im not sureif this is worth mentioning or not, but I am also well versed in many OMMs (complete list in the spoiler below), so I can help people out with those as well if needed.
Tier Shift AAA
Ultra Mix (AAA, MnM, ABC, Camo, Scale, TS)
Revelationmons Mix and Mega
Revelationmons AAA
Pokebilities AAA
Pokebilities Mix and Mega
Godly Gift Shared Power
Monotype BH
AAA Ubers
ZU STAAAB (STABmons + AAA)
NFE Mix and Mega
ABC Camomons
ABC Camomons LC
ABC Camomons CAP
Mix and Mega Ubers
Tier Shift Inheritance

Tier: SS Monotype, National Dex Monotype

I've played SS Mono for quite a decent time now and i have a great knowledge about the current and old metagame. I did one suspect test and topped one time while being always in high ladder like top 30-40. I played 2 team tours and some individual tour with best result a final in a seasonal. I'm also pretty active in the monotype chatroom and i translate(d) some Monotype analyses in the free time, which can make u learn some things. I overall like to help people and i did it a few times on the RMT section on the forums and I think i can be qualified to get people improving their teams and making them more viable for the tier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)