Announcement The Smogon Discord would like you to become a rater!

EG Jhonx
Jhonx#4526
ADV OU / ADV Ubers / BW OU
Experience: I have been playing ADV OU and BW OU for some years, probably 3 years ADV and BW 4 years, I have a deep understanding of the metagames and keep building new teams consistently, I have played tournament scenarios a lot with good scores and people can vouch for me if needed, as for people who taught me and gave me the bases for these tiers when I started playing, they were GaryTheGengar and Make for ADV OU (both SPL players who taught me very well) while for BW OU I got taught by EG PkmTrainerBlue who is friend of lot of SPL and play at their level allowing me to get success in tour scenario as well, I promise dedication and my will is help everyone in need of help and advices in this 2 tiers.
Ways to demostrate experience: I have replays vs lot of good players where I show skill and stuff, also you can ask to community in ADV, while in BW I'd prefer u guys ask Finchinator, Raiza, Dice, Dark Eeveeon, notably players who have played me lot of times and know im more than capable (sorry if I sound too ego with this, its not my intention but I need to proof im saying the truth)

Last edited:
Discord name: johnnyg2#1100
Metagame: ADV OU/dpp ou/dpp ubers
Experience: I’ve played these tiers since 2010.
Qualifications: I went 5-4 in adv ou in spl last year and went 5th-6th and 4th in the last two callous invites. I’ve written about half of the dpp ou on-site guides and have made dpp cup quarters twice in the last two years. Ive written extensively about both tiers in roa and elsewhere. I’ve topped ladder numerous times in both tiers. I was 9th-12th in bkc’s dpp Ubers tour and went 6-1 in dpppl in Ubers. I love all three tiers and will do my best to be active.

some people who can vouch for me are vapicuno and excal. If you need more proof, please ask, I can link some more stuff later if needed.

Last edited:

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Scarlet#7783
SVOU
Relatively high ladder player, sit around mid 1900s (when not testing new gimmicks). Made a pretty successful sample team and I hang around smogcord daily discussing the metagame and already helping new players with working their way into OU and teamrating as is. I'd like to think most of smogon discords active users can vouch for me. I intend to stick around for a long while and keep up with the meta, and I would be glad to help others along the way as well.

Your discord name: Lemurro
The meta you'd like to rate: DOU
A brief summary of your experience in that meta: I've been playing since late 2021, Broke out in 2022 with a top 16 in OSDT and a top 16 in Doubles majors, I got chosen for my region's dwcop team and am currently 2-2(DWCOP is in SV the others were in SS)
I’m also pretty competent at ladder I’ve hit top 100 multiple times on different alts, also participated in every suspect test since I started playing except one(didn’t care about flutter mane because I knew it’d get banned)
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: I build teams for use in tournaments and ladder
some replays + vr nominations
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8doublesou-646325
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8doublesou-645145
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1670042254
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ss-doubles-ou-viability-rankings-v-2.3673519/post-9321310

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader
ken#2221
monotype
Have played the tier for years, kinda skipped most of SS but familiar enough with the meta there as well
room RO, discord mod, live rate teams in the room daily, periodically on discord, posted some analyses for “on the radar” type things in the sv meta thread (rip booster energy), compiled/ing usage stats weekly for welcome tour
maroon/Roxie/kev

Discord Name:velvet#2102
Metagame: SV CAP (past gen CAP also) / SV OU
Experience: played cap for a long while now with being in individual tours and team tours playing any gen for the meta + staff on the site for the room. With OU I moreorless played it as a side hustle in previous gens but this gen I’ve topped ladder and know the meta well enough to really build teams for it and currently doing a team tour in the slot. I’m around discord a bit more now so I wanna make use of this opportunity once more.

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Milo#5786
SV OU
Been playing since the release in November, peaked top 10 week 2 of the gen. Nothing to show tour wise yet as OST is about to start up, but I'm OU QC and I've got 2 analyses being worked on right now
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/scarf-gholdengo-qc-1-2.3714331/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/kingambit-qc-1-2.3714332/
as well as a chock full of QC Checks.
Project host of Victim of the Week where I give little mini breakdowns of the victim each week, can see that here
I have a long history of official team rating in National Dex and I'm a very experienced builder in SM OU and SS OU as well, which has brought me here to SV.
Finchinator and ausma will vouch for me.

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Just to update: we added a wave of raters from this thread over the course of the last month or so, thank you to all who applied!

For those who didn't get in, don't sweat it! Your time will come. In the meantime though you're still more than free to rate in the Smogon discord for tiers you're comfortable in, and who knows maybe it'll lead to becoming a competitive helper :wo:

As a reminder too, people can sign up for SV RU, NU, and PU as well now that they're all released so if you want to give your hand at rating them feel free to sign up! And for other tiers, we can always use more raters for our ever growing ratee base, so if there's any interest feel free to sign up or even just check out the discord to see what its like.

Last edited:

DripLegend

is a Forum Moderator
1v1 Circuit Champion
  • Your discord name.
  • The meta you'd like to rate.
  • A brief summary of your experience in that meta.
  • Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame. This can be done via tour matches, articles written, forum team rating examples, tier leaders/council members who would vouch for you, etc. (It is especially helpful if examples of these things are given)
[/SPOILER]
Name: DripLegend#4890
Meta: 1v1
Experience:
  • Voice in 1v1 Room
  • Currently in Top 4 for Global Cup
  • Current member of SV VR Council
  • Member of SV QC team
  • Have a great understanding of the metagame, with many teams for each gen of 1v1

Last edited:

LordBox

you should love yourself... NOW!
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Discord Name: Jolyne Cujoh#6623
Metagame I'd like to rate: SV AAA
Experience: Played SV AAA since the very beginning and actively played and laddered since then. I haven't particularly played in any noticeable tournaments, but currently in top 16 winners for the AAA Money Tournament.
Qualifications:
- Current SV AAA Council Member
- Peaked ladder a few times and currently reside in top 5
- Multiple team-dumps for AAA, two teams which made it into samples which demonstrate my knowledge of the meta.
- Written multiple analyses for AAA.
- Room voice and have helped many people team build within there.
- UT can vouch.

Last edited:

Bella

Not a furry
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
discord name: uhBella#8077
Metagame: PU
Been active in PU community since gen 8 and have been playing SV PU since day 1 of meta
Qualifications:
- member of US West PUWC team
- Written analyses for PU
- Peaked ladder in SS
- Have already been helping rate in the discord a bit
- Chloe can vouch

Frixel

Double down
is a Social Media Contributor
  • Your discord name.
  • The meta you'd like to rate.
  • A brief summary of your experience in that meta.
  • Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame. This can be done via tour matches, articles written, forum team rating examples, tier leaders/council members who would vouch for you, etc. (It is especially helpful if examples of these things are given)
Your discord name: Frixel#4598

The meta you'd like to rate: DOU (SS?/SV)

A brief summary of your experience in that meta: I've started playing competitive pokemon around 1.5y ago and immediately fell in love for doubles. I made a deep run in my first ssnl, getting smashed by smb in r7, had some success in blt after undergoing my first apprentice program with Yellow Paint, who gave me a very good understanding of how the game is played and helped me get my first steps into teambuilding and, as irl got busier, I spent less time playing and more building, managing to support Ninja to a 10-0 OSDT run. After getting to DWCUP finals, my schedule has been more free and I've been enjoying SV quite a lot, winning teamballo and starting my 2nd apprentice program, in which mimi helped me sharpen my game plans and builds, helping me getting drafted in DPL where I am 1-0 (in duu) if it counts for much.

(shoutout to Yellow Paint and Mimi, I would never be the player I am if it weren't for you and I'm eternally grateful)

Last edited:
Robbie#8663
VGC (whether it be S2 or S3)
Playing since 2021 ish, top ladder multiple times (multiple times top 20 ish), VGC Room Voice, have the ability to do QC checks (also submitted every sample set currently on the vgc series 2 dex, 40 ish) and part of the VR team. Also qualified for 2023 worlds in the Senior division fwiw.
Eeveon7 can vouch

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Discord Name: Sabelette#9807
Meta I'd like to rate: All RBY metas (So really just OU but I'm down to rate others unofficially I guess?)
I got 9th in the last Summer Seasonal if that counts for anything and I'm a CC for RBY contributions
I can't say I'm as good as emma or FOMG but I'm very active and have been providing rates in the discord even without getting pings and working on my RBY OU; I've also rated some teams on the forums:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gen-1-ou-pinsir-supremacy.3718321/#post-9551405
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gen-1-ou-team.3713531/#post-9466220
I've taken a bunch of accounts to >1500 ladder on a ladder that peaks at 1600

Tranquility

Kuru~Kuru
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Discord Name: Tranquility✿#0523
Metagame: AAA + OMM
Experience: I've been been playing AAA on and off since 2020 and have been a long time mashups player as well.
Qualifications:
- Peaked top 10 in early AAA SV Ladder
- Written 12 mini analysis for AAA
- OMM Mashups Driver since 2021
- STAAAB and SnM Council Member
- Submitted multiple samples for STAAAB
- Went 5-1 in TPP III Playing STAAAB

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
  • autumn#8914
  • sv ou / sv uu
  • i don’t really have tour exp in either tier but i actively ladder in both. ou c&c mod + qc member, have been working on analyses and sample sets for 2 months now. i’m also uu qc member even tho i haven’t really had the opportunity to do much there. i’ve rated teams in both channels unofficially alr and can do more if my experience isn’t enough rn

Marnie

Leap of Faith
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributor
Social Media Head
royalfluxh#0817
SM OU
  • Skypenguin's no.1 fan
  • Alleviating some pressure off of Kaede
  • Fave metagame oat :3
  • Started playing SM like 1 year before it ended and been following the meta ever since
  • SM QC member
  • Various cms spams edits
  • Wrote a couple of articles (actually just two xd)
  • Was never around C&C when SM was CG so team rating is one of the closest thing to help around with

Last edited:
Your discord name - Blair but billette's love
The meta you'd like to rate - ND
A brief summary of your experience in that meta - I've played a lot of NatDex and I rate teams well I believe. I've reached to 1800 in the ladder so I'd say I'm pretty good.
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame - Idt any council member would vouch for me but I've played in a few tours and like I said my ladder score

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)