Announcement The Smogon Discord would like you to become a rater!

bilb owo

Banned deucer.
bilbooo#0001
1v1
Been playing for like a bit over 2 years, repping Europe in 1v1wc and repping 1v1 in UMPL. I enter pretty much all the 1v1 tours and tend to do pretty decent.
I peak ladder on tha regular.
If Lebrun James played 1v1 I would probably be a tennis player.
Me beating prominent 1v1 player doctor1201 with ease on the back of a stunning and tense GC win.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9challengecup1v1-1758935216
Also am most recent 2v2pl champion (I won a total of one game therefore carried the team on my back frfr).

Last edited:
RADU#0075

1v1 / 2v2 Doubles

I'm one of the most experienced 1v1 players of all time, been playing for 4 years and built over 1000 1v1 teams. I have a 24-17 record in team tournaments, won 3 current gen individual tournaments and 2 team tournaments, peaked ladder multiple times, and have been tier leader of two old gen 1v1 metagames.
I'm also one of the few people to have posted a 1v1 RMT in recent times.

2v2 Doubles is the other meta I am very experienced in, I won two 2v2pls in a row as a manager, had very successful records in most Teamtours (went 11-2 in 2022 between 2v2pl, OMPL and OMWC), carried multiple people with my teams and made semifinals of the recent SV 2v2 kickoff

Last edited:
SwordIsBored
1v1
I have been active in the 1v1 community for about 3 years, it being my main tier and being a competent builder whilst mostly using my own teams in tours. I recently won the SV 1v1 Kickoff Tournament too. I have also recently became a Quality Checker for the tier and have written 2 analyses and I don’t expect my devotion to 1v1 to stop anytime soon. I also enjoy teaching new players how to team build and help them out.

glitched

formerly bored_glitch
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
Discord Name: glitched#3749
ss 1v1 / sv 1v1
been playing for about a year, current sv vr council, am a quality checker for the tier have done analyses for the tier and have some more on the way. Built and played for tours that ive been in, most notably in wc 2022 for northeurope and in umpl, as well as a few unofficial discord tours. peak ladder a bunch asw.
can ask around tier leader / other people for vouch

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Your discord name. Dasher#8851

The meta you'd like to rate. BSS, UU, Monotype

A brief summary of your experience in that meta.
I won UU Snake Draft, made it to playoffs in UUFPL. pokemonisfun has tutored me, and can vouch for me if needed. Also I'm a Monotype QC member.

Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame.
Battle Stadium Singles
- Terastallzie Compendium

UnderUsed
- Won UUSD
- Playoffs in UUFPL
- Community Contributor
- pokemonisfun and Accel can vouch for me
- UU Tutor

Monotype
- QC Member
can vouch he also swept Sulo with Eiscue

ong

Banned deucer.
perc#6778
National Dex (8)
I’ve been playing the tier very consistently for over a year now at this point some achievements that I have reached in this tier are playing in NDPL this year to a 2-2 record but I was mainly a building slot, helping my friends Derp and Raptor go to 7-0 and 5-2 records respectively. This year I also made semifinals of the Summer Seasonal, peaked ladder at 2k, and currently have a viable sample team. Anyone can vouch for me as a player and builder in the current gen8nd metagame.

Discord name: Alpha1013#4536
The meta you would like to rate :- SM OU/ SM AG
A brief summary of your experience in that meta :-
Been playing sm ou and ag for as long as I can remember now
Did pretty good in sm ou cup, in Outt I won all my matches reached r4 where my team lost. i have been helping out whenever I can in the ta room related to ag and ou rates. I have peaked the usum ag ladder on some occasions as well
Same in the ag room. I got drafted for hpl and other discord tours and helped crobats in agpl whenever I could .
Finchinator can vouch for ou rates
cromagnet can vouch for ag rates

Last edited:
  • Your discord name : Royal#3596
  • The meta you'd like to rate : Ubers
  • A brief summary of your experience in that meta : Won a seasonal in SM and made Playoff of ribbon circuit the same year, was co-manager of team France for Ubers World Cup this year and won it. I also won 2022 UWL and made final of UPL.
  • Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame : Building a lot of teams in all Ubers metagames, i often give advices on the Ubers PS room when someone ask for help with his team

Discord: papillon#5747
Tier: lc
Experience: I wasn’t super active for most of ss but when I did play i typically placed ok. Top 4 in 2021 circuit. 2022 was very tough for me but I still almost qualified (top 13 lol) despite being afk for most the year. I’ve been very active tho behind the scenes helping to build for a 1st 2nd place finishing lcpl team, a very active player/ builder in a top 4 lcwc team and had a very active hand in teambuulding in an scl team that had a positive lc record (uncharted terrors).

Experience for gen9 lc: I’ve been doing a somewhat good job at staying on top of the tier. I’m really active on discord when ppl are asking for advice teambuilding including other top players and ppl playing in team tournaments. I’ve also been laddering someone consistently and I’ve topped ladder a couple times so for what it’s worth I am aware of ladder trends and such.

Last edited:
Discord: Acehunter1#8971
Tier: Little Cup (SM, SS, and SV)
Experience: Started playing LC in SM, made top4 of SM LC Open 2019 and SM LC Circuit in 2019, won SS LC Circuit in 2021, was on SS LC VR Council, and am now on SV LC Council. I'm also on the LC QC team since SS, I have submitted a lot of SS sample teams, and I run the resources thread for SM LC. I've been pretty active in the community these past few years, and I'm (almost) always eager to be helpful to others and make them love LC as much as I do :)
Edit: Oh yeah I also have a Youtube channel for LC content.

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
Discord name: Hana#5776

Doubles OU

Experience
I created the SS DOU Teambuilding Frameworks thread and currently hold the record for most teams posted to the SS Team Bazaar (and probably the most teams posted to any bazaar thread by a single user). I also host the SV Teambuilding Competition, and I’ve helped rate teams in the Smogon discord before.

Demonstrated Knowledge
I make semi-frequent metagame/team dump posts that I think demonstrate a good amount of knowledge of the meta and teambuilding.

Examples
US East Team Dump (SV)
Bazaar Post (SV)
PYROSOMNI (SS RMT)
Pyramid Peril (SS Team Showcase RMT)
Bazaar Post (SS)

Discord name: Binbin#2239
Tier : DOU
A brief summary of your experience in that meta : Started tournament play 3 months ago, got good placements at Majors and seasonals. Currently 4-0 in DWCOP. Only familiar with gen8, gen9.
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame:
I make my own teams for tournaments : here are some
Recent tournament replays :
dwcop
last gen 8 tour
majors

Last edited:
Your discord name. swag god#4402
The meta you'd like to rate. 1v1
A brief summary of your experience in that meta. Started playing in 2019 but have been especially active since July last year, have played all gens a great deal playing ss in 1v1pl and multigen in 1v1wc and have built for and assisted people in other side tours
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame. This can be done via tour matches, articles written, forum team rating examples, tier leaders/council members who would vouch for you, etc. (It is especially helpful if examples of these things are given)
I'm a member of both the ss and sv QC team, have qualified for lt, peaked ladder a few times, have done well in many indivs and completed 3 suspect tests including the current annihilape suspect. I have also played in the most recent pl and wc, have submitted many samples including 3 so far this gen, posted many teams in the 1v1 team bazaar, have given teambuilding guidance in 1v1 discord and contributed sets to the sets compendium. I've also made many extensive metagame discussion posts in the ss thread. deg and smely can vouch.

Discord Name: Nick#4870
Meta: SS 1v1 and im learning sv 1v1
Qualifications:
-Former ss vr council
-was 4-1 in 1v1pl and went even while captaining wc
-Room voice
-Peaked ladder a bunch
-also got the most points in the most recent 1v1 circuit
u can probably ask smely socks or smth im always willing to help out newer players

Discord: zerkas#3252

Meta: Gen 3 OU

Summary: I've played ADV OU on and off for a year or more, joining multiple tours, laddering, and most importantly, building. I've gotten more into the community in the past couple months.

top 100 ladder
ROA roomvoice
drafted for multiple non smogon teamtours (bkcpl, zac mushileague)
did ok ish in adv ssnls against hard matchups
>100 self built viable teams
susciety can vouch

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
Discord Name: ponchlake#4539
Meta: Godly Gift
Council/VR council
Tour/Ladder player
GG Seasonal winner
I build so many teams to the point that people dread it whenever I message them b/c they assume I'm bugging them to test when in actuality I'm just saying "good morning"
UT TPP can vouch

Your discord name: SetsuStsna#8387
The meta you'd like to rate: SV OU and SS OU
A brief summary of your experience in that meta: I mostly just ladder both tiers try to help as much as I can in OU chat (moderator) and started helping in the RMT subforum about a month ago.
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame. This can be done via tour matches, articles written, forum team rating examples, tier leaders/council members who would vouch for you, etc. (It is especially helpful if examples of these things are given): Currently top 4 in SV OU ladder and got top 8 in SS OU ladder a few weeks before the generation ended. This RMT from Gen 8. An example of my rates in SV. Helped write descriptions for most of the current SS OU samples and currently host (and thus write a very brief explanation) Teams of the Week.

susciety

Under the Alolan moon
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Host
OUPL Champion
Discord Name: susciety#5918
Meta: GSC OU
RoA RO. played in the previous GSC PL, PPL and other side Discord PLs. Trying to get more involved in the GSC community
Usually help out anyone asking for GSC OU RMTs or questions in the RoA chatroom on PS, made top16 in the last Winter Seasonal and held decent records on average in other side PLs

BeeOrSomething

Daylight Savings Time sucks
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Discord Name: BeeOrSomething#6921
Tier: GSC OU
RoA room voice
Drafted for bkcpl 2 (zerkas mentioned it too so might as well throw it in)
Always attempt to help with gsc teams on showdown and in multiple different discords
Continuing to try and get involved in more tournaments where possible
Solid team builder
Vouch from susciety

• Name on Discord: Tbolt#3679
  • Meta's I'd like to rate: BDSP OU
  • Summary of experience: Played since Latios ban, competed in BDSP Circuit
  • Demonstrated knowledge of metagame: competed in tours, written RMT's, and support for Spheals in BDSP PL

Last edited:
  • Your discord name. WholesomeShadow#3660
  • The meta you'd like to rate. GSC OU
  • A brief summary of your experience in that meta. Tournament coverage on youtube, constant discord side tours (bunch of the same stuff as sus), PPL, been active in the team building channel in the GSC discord for a long while as well as the BKC discord's gsc
  • Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame. Tours, supporting teammates in tours, commentary and building and analysis videos on youtube. Cherrybong can vouch for me for sure, Siatam, Rezzo, Lotuspirate, sus, bee, and a bunch of others could as well.

Attachments

Discord User: Neon
Metagame: SS OverUsed
Summary: Played Sword and Shield since day 1 of the meta, and since then I have made several (productive) contributions to the Sword and Shield OU VR, and continue to be highly active on the ladder, and in general discussion of the metagame.
How I've shown my knowledge: I have created a RMT in late August that was nominated for one of the teams of the month, as well as having been highly engaged in discussion of the metagame, as well as assisting in teambuilding in the main Smogon Discord (when it was the newest generation), and BKC's Swsh Discussion Channel in their Discord server, where I would also help teambuild and further discuss the metagame.

Thank you for your consideration. I've grown quite attached to SSOU and would love to help further contribute to the growth of the tier.

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)