The Smog Awards 2013: Discussion Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Are we going to have Runner Ups in this or no? (this is my first smog awards btw) Also pfft, user chameleonskyes has the Best Artist Award in the bag and I'm sure the OU council will agree with me :]

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Most Overlooked User should go to someone who didn't get any votes for the Most Overlooked User category IMO. (Alternatively, we can all vote bmelts and everything will be okay)

On a serious note I feel bad that when I send in my votes that there'll be so many blank spaces but I just don't really pay attention to the tournament scene much so I have no clue who the best battlers are, save for a few names.

very disappointed at the lack of great sage references in the "just for fun" section

also vote great sage for MOTY.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I mean let's be honest how many real options are there for "best editor" hint

It's not like sandz/brikal aren't gonna sweep the nice categories again :)

Worst name change: Jukain ewwwwww

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
sandshrewz (for attention) or others, can you make the form saveable or at least make it remember your responses? tbh I'm not going to do this all in one sitting because it's just too long

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
sandshrewz (for attention) or others, can you make the form saveable or at least make it remember your responses? tbh I'm not going to do this all in one sitting because it's just too long
If it was a full-fledged system, definitely. Unfortunately it's a bit harder because it's more of a "hackish" solution. It can be done, I think. But I don't know if I really have the time to add it in in time. I will check into it for sure though.

sandz is easy cutest user i mean cmon
shake -tsunami- (gay ass name) for luckiest player

i voted myself for all the categories i vaguely apply to cos im a (BAN ME PLEASE) like that :o

HOGAPEN BEST LADDER PLAYER

Worst name change: FireMage to bland i mean honestly what were you thinking
luckiest person: tsunami
best name change: jewkain i guess idk
best ladder player: BLOOD TOTEM, lets make it happen
agreeing with chameleonskyes for best artist <3
best tourny: grand slam/tour/spl???? having a hard time deciding :/
best avatar: BLARAJAN
best showdown staff: coolstorybrobat
best firebot poster: celever (tries to keep straight face)
best new smog writer: pretty sure gonna have to give this one to starwarsfan
best tier battlers: having troubles with this one :/

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Initially, I didn't really like the ToastPlusOne -> Toast++ change haha. But in the end, I think it might fit for best name change :o!

Indeed SIU for luckiest player. Winning two speed ties twice /me cry :(

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
best new smog writer: pretty sure gonna have to give this one to starwarsfan
I'm inclined to disagree with this, I'd say Mack the Knife is the most deserving of a win in this category. It is kind weird to think of him as new since he's been around for a while now, but when you consider that these awards are for all of 2013 and he did in fact join in February 2013, I think he still technically qualifies? He earned a media contributor badge for writing for The Smog in just 7 or so months so that's pretty good.

OU Council by chameleonskyes for best art and FireMage ---> bland for worst name change I have no doubt will win, but that's fine because I'd vote for those too.

...am I the only one who thought Jukain was a good name change? My best name change vote goes to Poppy ---> gookie though.

I'd also vote for Superpowerdude for best mentor and Ace Emerald for best tutor.

I do feel kind of bad knowing nothing about some sections (like tournaments) and leaving a huge section blank, but eh, what can you do lol

Stratos

Banned deucer.
best name change: The Loser of RU -> i am chaos's bitch

make it happen folks

edit: supporting BLOOD TOTEM for best ladderer; blarajan would be best avatar if he was allowed to keep his alison brie

Mack the Knife

Goodbye Smogon! I may return, I may not!
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks Gato and Hula. Hula is also a good writer. Gato should totally win best falming cat. Ladysalamence is an underrated use IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)