Tournament The ORAS NU Ladder Tourrnament III [Won by Teddeh]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Approved by kiyo
OP adapted from Pokedots

Art by RitterCat, stolen from an old article.
Welcome to the final ORAS NeverUsed Ladder Tournament, with Sun/Moon right around the corner we figured it'd be ok to start this a little bit earlier this year to keep interests high. Historically Teddeh has reigned supreme in this tour, winning both previous iterations. Who, if anyone, will dethrone him this year? Will it be you? Only time will tell. Now onto the rules.
This tournament will consist of two stages, as follows:

Stage One
The first is the actual laddering portion of the tournament, which will last an entire month. The four participants with the highest rating at the end of each week will be entered into the playoffs. If a player "won" for multiple weeks, the next highest rated person will be admitted into the playoffs. Due to the possibility we will need substitutes for the second stage of the tournament, we'll take the 5th and 6th people in each period and randomize them as subs if needed. If you qualify as #5 or #6, you are still able to participate in other cycles and try to qualify for the top 4 of a given cycle.

Stage Two
At the end of the laddering stage (stage one), the playoffs will start with the sixteen top ladder players of the month. Pairings will be seeded based on the position players qualified in (i.e. #1, #2 etc.) and the week they qualified, with the higher seed going to the player who qualified first. More information on format and rules are listed below. Since you are rewarded for placing higher on each ladder I assume there will be people who want to improve their seed by laddering again the next qualifying period, this is fine, I'll save the screenshots from each round and adjust it accordingly.

Before you start laddering, you MUST create a fresh alt and post the name with the appropriate tag for the week you are laddering.

Week 1's tag will be NLT1
Example: NLT1 rozes, NLT1 spongebob

Please do not use your alts before the laddering period begins, week 1's laddering period will begin TODAY, Friday September 16, 2016 at 8:00 PM PST.

This will allow me to track who is actually entered into the tournament, and more importantly, that everyone starts on fresh alts.

In regards to discussion in this thread, I will allow discussion of what you guys see on the ladder. This can be anything from ladder trends to who's making a large push on the ladder. To clarify, I will allow posts on ladder players. This is meant to be a competition of sorts, so compete and talk about it.
You can sign up at any point during any cycle

Your rank on the ladder "resets" at the end of each cycle. You must ladder with a new alt each cycle and post it in this thread before you start laddering. Unlike last year their will be a specific tag for each week of laddering that will be posted prior to that qualification period starting. If I find out you have played games on an alt before the qualification period has started you will be ineligible to qualify for that round and risk being disqualified from the entire tour.

Before participating in this tournament, please take some time to familiarize yourself with smogon's tournament rules as well as this specific sub-forums rules. If you need help finding either of those feel free to contact me.

Qualifying Stage

Rank: #1 | ELO: 1649 | GXE: 90.5% | Record: 56-4 (93.33%)
Rank: #2 | ELO: 1635 | GXE: 85.0% | Record: 94-23 (80.34%)
Rank: #3 | ELO: 1631 | GXE: 86.9% | Record: 48-6 (88.88%)
Rank: #4 | ELO: 1623 | GXE: 85.9% | Record: 38-5 (88.37%)

Cycle 2 Qualifiers

Rank: #1 | ELO: 1663 | GXE: 83.6% | Record: 102-36 (73.91%)
Rank: #2 | ELO: 1658 | GXE: 87.2% | Record: 95-24 (79.83%)
Rank: #3 | ELO: 1658 | GXE: 86.6% | Record: 150-31 (82.87%)
Rank: #4 | ELO: 1656 | GXE: 86.2% | Record: 58-5 (91.39%)

Cycle 3 Qualifiers

Rank: #1 | ELO: 1660 | GXE: 82.9% | Record: 80-24 (76.9%)
Rank: #2 | ELO: 1659 | GXE: 84.5% | Record: 67-18 (78.8%)
Rank: #3 | ELO: 1658 | GXE: 88.9% | Record: 51-10 (83.6%)
Rank: #4 | ELO: 1655 | GXE: 85.8% | Record: 67-13 (83.8%)

Cycle 4 Qualifiers

Rank: #1 | ELO: 1631 | GXE: 84.1% | Record: 66-22 (75.0%)
Rank: #3 | ELO: 1604 | GXE: 81.4% | Record: 64-24 (72.7%)
Rank: #4 | ELO: 1580 | GXE: 84.1% | Record: 64-19 (77.1%)
--
Once the playoffs start, these are the specific rules:

This is a standard ORAS NU tournament.
The tournament will be single elimination.
Players will play a best of three series each round.
Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!

Regarding Activity Decisions for Stage Two:

Don't be idiots about scheduling. I don't care how you schedule as long as you get the game done, but in the event your game doesn't get done I'm not going to be handing out free wins for half-assed scheduling. Examples of half-assed scheduling include, but are not limited to: never contacting your opponent via vm and instead waiting to find them on ps, scheduling for loose time frames such as "sometime this weekend", not replying to your opponent within 24 hours, having extremely restricted availability and being insufferable to work with.

Last edited:

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Make sure you have the correct tag in your name or I'm not counting it. Also you can't play until 8PM PST simply to make the round times the same, and because I like triggering people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)