The NUcast: Q&A thread

The current metagame seems to want to close itself off to become centered around 15-20 pokes exclusively, most notably Sawk and Alomomola, yet before the drops and other changes, the metagame was huge and encompassed most, if not all, the NU tier. If I wanted to play with 20 pokes, I'd go play OU.
Do you think the meta will diversify as time goes on, or should I resort to little cup for the uniqueness and creativity I crave?

^I'm going to straight up say Little Cup is far from unique and creative, it is much more centralized than this tier actually. If you want uniqueness and diversity, go and do either som OMs, DPP UU, or BW RU/UU. They can do the job for ya.

Might as well drop a question: In a lot of metagames like DPP UU and BW OU, there are team archetypes that are dominant and some beat the other. In the current state of BW2 NU, are there any dominant archetypes of teams (something like the Double-Psychic in the previous meta) that are established in tournament NU play?

How does Ladder vs Tournament play affect your teambuilding in BW2 NU?

Lavos

Banned deucer.
how great is hyperoffense right now tbh imo tbh

opinions on: sawk? samurott? django?

who will Win the neverused grand slam

edit: it was live ?_?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Alright the first NUcast has wrapped up, thanks to my panelists Django, Shnen, and Cherub, and a big thanks to FireMage behind the scenes who fed me questions for the Q&A when I was drawing a blank! Hopefully as we continue these, we'll get a bit more cohesive, but I liked how this was free-flowing.

Anyway, the date of the next cast is up in the air, but the topic will tentatively be:

The Drop Downs: Scolipede, Jynx, Primeape, and Munchlax.

Ask your questions related to this topic here! Also feel free to ask a couple fun ones, we'll answer those too.

Why is it that Munchlax has fallen into obscurity even in NU? If it had better recovery do you think it would be top tier?

What pokemon fares well against the drop downs and deserves more usage because of it?

What Pokemon have fallen into obscurity because of the tier shifts?

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Many people expected Spike stacking offense to rise to dominance due to the fall of Scolipede into NU. Do you think that this has occured/that Spike stacking is significantly more viable, or is it something that was overhyped?

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
which jynx set is better at sweeping? life orb three attacks? mono attacker? perhaps scarf? specs???

your opinions of focus blast on jynx sets that use more than one attack? it provides really good coverage but is it worth using?

is jynx overrated??

is raseri overrated??

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Tangentially related to the drops, what drop are you most looking forward to/hoping occurs? Based on April statistics, Klingklang and Mandibuzz will drop and Poliwrath and Mesprit are close (with in a percentage point of dropping).

If the topic of new drops from RU is allowed, what pokemons (usage aside) could potentially balance this offensive metagame brought by Scolipede, Primeape, and Jynx?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ok after a semi hiatus, we're actually doing another one of these on Thursday June 20th, at 10 am EST. Currently slated to join me are: Raseri, Treecko, and Vivillon/Starships/Skylight/whatever her damn name is right now. More people may join depending on availability. The topic will be roughly the May usage stats, predicting the June usage stats, and talking about over/underrated mons in the metagame. There won't be any speculation about drops though! As always, leave questions and we'll try to answer some on-air.

Rag

"aaaaaaaahhhh!"
Is there a Pokémon in particular that fare well against the most used Pokémon in the tier, despite being low in usage?

Which Pokémon see more usage than they deserve?

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Now hiring for NUcast 2~ Message me if you're interested alongside timezone and General hours of availability.

Topics of NUcast 2
Underrated / Overrated Mons, Sets + Users
Mandibuzz discussion
Live Q&A (Also ones from this thread)

Potential topics (No questions about this currently - Subject to change)
Potential suspect discussion
Live Battle / Team Build session.
Liepard / Prankster discussion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)