The Niches of UU (November)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Niches of UU

Essentially, this is a community poll of the "Best of", "Worst of", ect. thread. Feel free to nominate a (one) Pokemon in each category with sufficient evidence. If you nominate Farfetched for "Best Physical Sweeper" you better damn well provide evidence to why he is better than lets say SD Venusaur or Swellow. Also, the success of this Pokemon can only pertain to this Month. I also encourage you to post the Pokemon's sets along with your nomination. Please support your nomination by providing information about that particular Pokemon/ Set.
No this thread has no relation to the latest issue of the smog.

Categories:

Best Overall Sweeper
Best Phsyical Sweeper
Best Special Sweeper
Best Support Pokemon
Best Lead Pokemon
Best Rapid Spinner
Most Overrated Pokemon
Most Underrated Pokemon
Most Likely to become BL
Most Likely to move from UU to NU
Most Likely to move from NU to UU

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Most Likely to move from NU to UU

If we're talking about usage, it's probably Charizard. If we're talking about power, it's probably Charizard.

Really I don't see the point in giving evidence, any decent NU player knows that Charizard is pretty damn hard to deal with due to sets such as Dragon Dance and Belly Drum flying around.

Best Rapid Spinner could well be Donphan, as it has more utility in Stealth Rock than Hitmontop does, but really I don't play UU so I can't give a proper opinion.

Most likely to move from NU to UU is leafeon. Roserade leaving uu increased the need for a strong grass type, and SD leafeon offers unresisted coverage with grass/bug/normal combined with one of the higher attack stats in UU.

Best special sweeper is of course mismagius. 3 immunities to set up on, high attack and speed, and nasty plot with ghost/fighting for coverage.

For best rapid spinner I would say Blastoise as he has the best bulk on both sides while being able to force switches with yawn to get the spin

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Most likely to move from NU to UU is leafeon. Roserade leaving uu increased the need for a strong grass type, and SD leafeon offers unresisted coverage with grass/bug/normal combined with one of the higher attack stats in UU.
Thing is, Leafeon fails on so many aspects (in UU that is). Being a pure grass type, Leafeon doesn't gain the fighting resistance Venusaur has, nor the valuable Toxic Spikes immunity and absorption - as well as the less advantageous neutrality to poison.

Even though Leafeon has a great defense stat, it is let down by said typing and the low special defense stat - which many, if not all, of its common switch-ins will be capitalising upon. Really Leafeon is an inferior Venusaur, who has greater bulk, said typing advantages, more utility and effectively more power due to high-powered moves such as Power Whip and Earthquake making up for an average attack stat.

Really the only advantage Leafeon has over Venusaur is the speed, which will usually go to waste due to Leafeon's general inability to hit his counters - even if they are slower.

tl;dr, Leafeon isn't moving up to UU anytime soon while Venusaur is around, and Venusaur isn't going anywhere.

---------------------

Does this please you Jabba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)