The Next Best Thing - Spiritomb [Voting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is late but I forgot to post it and wanted to share it!

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

I used this on an offensive team that wanted SR up as soon as possible, and Mesprit proved to be a solid lead that could hit hard, set up SR, and keep momentum with U-turn. The only problem was that it was much more frail than I thought and after I set up SR, Mesprit would often get Pursuit trapped. Since I wanted to keep Mesprit around for fodder, spamming U-turn, or absorbing status, I used a Colbur Berry to escape Pursuit users. Colbur Berry is just another item option for a lead Mesprit and it was pretty effective in keeping it alive so I wanted to share it.

Anyways, I'll vote for Molk

Physical Attacker
Druddigon@Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Sucker Punch

Why do not use Druddi what probably for what probably it does better: attacking. With Sheer Force and with max Atk and HP (perphaps some additional EVs on speed from HP, can allow Druddigon to outpace some opponent), this set is clearly provides about STAB Outrage, stronger move. Then, Fire Punch is an deadly move for common Uxie, Amoonguss and Steel-type, Outrage-resistan. Sucker Punch is the priority attack, an effective remedy againt poor speed. Finally, ThunderPunch. Against Slowking and against steel-type together. Without ThunderPunch, you have to use Outrage to hit Slowking, but then you are close on it, so hard to play with some opponenent specified switch. Also with ThunderPunch, you are also able to flying-types without locking yourself into Outrage.

Some calculation:

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Druddigon ThunderPunch vs. 248 HP / 144 Def Slowking: 294-346 (74.8 - 88.04%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Druddigon Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Sceptile: 408-481 (145.19 - 171.17%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Druddigon Outrage vs. 252 HP / 152+ Def Uxie: 172-203 (48.58 - 57.34%) -- 39.45% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Druddigon ThunderPunch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kabutops: 278-328 (106.1 - 125.19%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Druddigon Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cinccino: 399-472 (137.11 - 162.19%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Druddigon Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 260-307 (60.18 - 71.06%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Druddigon Outrage vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 374-442 (110.97 - 131.15%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Sub + 3 attacks
Druddigon @ Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
Evs: 232 HP/ 252 Atk/ 24 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
- Substitute
- Outrage
- Fire Punch/Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Druddigon functions incredibly behind a substitute. Substitute allows Druddigon to avoid prediction and gain offensive momentum, as the opponent is required to break its sub and therefore will get hit hard. STAB outrage as we all know is insanely powerful. Fire punch/ Earthquake can be used to hit steels who resist outrage very hard. earthquake is generally more powerful, however fire punch hits Ferroseed, Escavalier, and Tangrowth harder. the beauty of substitute is the use of sucker punch with it, and when an offensive opponent eventually tries to break the sub, they will take a base 120 maximum attack sucker punch to the face. Evs are pretty standard but I used 24 speed to speed creep other standard stealth rocking Druddigons.

this set has the potential to be extremely destructive if used correctly!

Druddigon @ Leftovers
Evs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
-Hone Claws
-Outrage
-Substitute / Sucker Punch
-Earthquake

With Druddigon's ability to force switches it can easily set up either a Sub or a Hone Claws. Outrage is self explanatory. Earthquake to hit steels. It really appreciates the Attack boost from Hone Claws to muscle it's way through slower teams. Sucker Punch can be used over Sub to pick off things but Substitute is more useful overall to block status and ease prediction. Ev's are standard but 24 Spe Ev's are for outspeeding other Druddigon's.

252Atk +1 Druddigon (+Atk) Outrage vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Tangrowth (+Def): 46% - 54% (187 - 222 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 6% chance to 2HKO with Leftovers.

Tangrowth can't come in safely and has trouble breaking it's Sub.

252Atk +1 Druddigon (+Atk) Earthquake vs 248HP/Def Escavalier (Neutral): 47% - 55% (163 - 192 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 18% chance to 2HKO.

Even Escavalier can't come in safely.

252Atk +1 Druddigon (+Atk) Earthquake vs 252HP/220Def Leftovers Sturdy Steelix (+Def): 41% - 49% (148 - 176 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.

Only a bit of prior damage and even Steelix goes down.

I won't talk about Ferroseed since with Sub it's set-up fodder.

Druddigon is a great mon for this since there are a lot of ways you can go with it, such as offensive, defensive, and interesting moves like Pursuit, Flamethrower, and Glare. I posted this in the np thread the other day but think it deserves some more discussion:

Druddigon (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Hone Claws
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Druddigon has excellent typing and enough bulk for it to be effective defensively. Specially defensive Druddigon walls so many threats; some examples are: Sceptile, Lilligant, Rotom-C, Rotom, Galvantula, Manectric, Typhlosion, Slowking, and serve as a backup check to things like Magmortar and Accelgor. It also makes a great sleep absorber since it matches up well against Grass-type Pokemon. Hone Claws puts a twist on the standard specially defensive set, as it allows Druddigon to set up on walls such as Amoonguss (lacking Clear Smog), Clefable, Lanturn, and Qwilfish. Thus, vs defensive oriented teams without a phazer, this set can actually pull off a sweep. You can even use Dragon Tail over Dragon Claw on a Spikes-stacking team which is really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)