The Next Best Thing - Sawk [Voting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tennisace Double status Regirock.
When you opponent see regirock on your team it always think that it may have toxic, you then use TW. Your opponent then feel safe knowing you don't run Toxic, wrong! you also run toxic!

.....Annoyer and his Banded regirock is a close second....

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Sawk (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Expert Belt Sawk. While not quite as powerful as Choice Band and not as fast as Choice Scarf this can be a fantastic luring set since almost every Sawk is choiced in some way. You can be sure that Sawk will still be hitting very hard given that he has 125 base attack, which would even wreck havoc in OU, given that it is only 4 base points less than terrakion! He is still quite fast with 252 Speed EVs and Mold Breaker prevents it from being walled by Weezing, so I always prefer Mold Breaker on it. I've heard that some people prefer Sturdy but I still don't see why so this set uses Mold Breaker kk? Good.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
kinda sucks nuts it doesn't get drain punch

sawk @ leftovers
trait: mb
evs: 252 atk / 252 spe
adamant
- taunt
- toxic
- close combat
- ice punch / earthquake

taunt + toxic is always pretty cool, you can taunt rocks to guarantee no set up, taunt alom to prevent wishes or toxic it on the switch-in, taunt/toxic other shit on switch-in... taunt is important to keep garbo from setting hazards on you (and psns are why you run eq). ice punch is mostly for flying-types and golurk which are more threatening as a whole. this set does pretty well on offense for those looking for something cool to keep away rocks but also isn't helpless against defensive mons. you can run something else over lefties; recovery is importante, i think though. you can also even fit in pain split in the fourth slot if you were really goin for it.

Sawk (M) @ Salac Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat / Reversal
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Ice Punch / Toxic

This set is designed to gain momentum off Pokemon which are scared out by Sawk's pure power and also acts as a good Alomomola counter, one of Sawk's biggest switch-ins, in addition to catching opponents off guard as most Sawks are choiced in some way. The idea is to sub on a switch, or anticipating a status move, bulk up, and try and put holes in the foe's team. Salac Berry is the item of choice as after one bulk up and a Salac boost you're essentially running the benefits of band and scarf without any of the drawbacks, however leftovers could also be used for additional longevity, but this does have the downside of making it harder to bluff a choice set. Close Combat is the preferred STAB move but you could use Reversal instead if you manage to sub down to 1hp, however CC is generally superior in most situations. Ice Punch hits Golurk and Misdreavus but other than that doesn't have much use, so Toxic could be a good alternative against incoming foes and for softening up walls . Mold Breaker is the preferred ability for breaking Sturdy on other Pokemon, however Inner Focus could also be used to surprise Fake Out Pokemon such as Kangaskhan and retaliate with a Close Combat.

Sawk (M) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch / Fire Punch / Stone Edge
- Toxic

Not only Celever, I used Sawk as well with an Expert Belt. However, I despise Stone Edge, and tried multiple moves in that slot, like Bulk Up, ThunderPunch and Fire Punch. But neither of them were worth it, though Fire Punch had its uses.

But now, the last slot. The four-attack set from Celever, while punishing switch-ins that expected the choice-lock, does nothing to mitigate Sawk's issue against the common walls it lures. This set aims to do the same, but also to lure walls like Alomomola and Tangela, which both absolutely despise Toxic.

As such, the choice between Fire Punch and Ice Punch depends on how important you consider the OHKO on Scolipede to be. You could even run Stone Edge, which can do that too but is not as accurate.

Last edited:
Sawk (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 200 Atk / 252 Spd / 56 SAtk
Naughty Nature
- Close Combat
- Work Up
- Ice Punch / Earthquake / Stone Edge
- Hidden Power Grass / Ghost

mixed sawk. this set helps it take out some of its biggest nemesises (nemesi?) like Alomomola and Musharna. The slashes are just depending on what u need to beat most, so basically choose from momo and toad or mushy and missy. Still doesn't do well against weezing but w/e fuck weezing

evs and nature can be changed to whatever is best, idk what's required to get some kills

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Sawk @ Salac Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Reversal
- Bulk Up
- Endure / Close Combat
- Ice Punch / Stone Edge / Payback

This was my favourite sawk, which i liked to use mainly before prime ape and jynx came. The aim is to get down to your sturdy whilst bulking up to get +1 speed and attack and then sweep. This used to work better before 95 speed was the speed to beat. I sometimes like to run 0 IV's in hp and the defenses so it was easier getting my sturdy. Reversal and bulk up are obvious, its quite hard to run sawk without close combat as it is good before you are weakened whilst endure is for the guarantied 1 hp, for coverage i like to run ice punch (because i always miss stone edge) whilst stone edge is also good coverage and payback give the best coverage, but it is really weak.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)