The Next Best Thing - Sawk [Voting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Rykard: 9
FLCL: 7
Punchshroom: 9
Lasagne21: 1

As you see, there's a tie, however due to the no tie rule, I'm choosing Rykard's set after carefully comparing the two. So he wins!

NEXT MON

ROCK

ROCKMAN HEATMAN
@ Heat Rock
Careful nature, 240 HP, 252 SpDef, 16 Spe
Ability: Clear Body (fuck Intimidate Tauros)

~Sunny Day
~Explosion
~Stealth Rock
~Rock Slide

This is a variant I've been using on sun teams for a while now. It's the ideal partner to frail chlorophyll sweepers like Sawsbuck/Victreebel as it tanks hits from both sides easily, sets up rocks/sun and goes kaboom, giving a free switch.

It doesn't care about scalds (especially in sun)/unboosted special attacks at all and is a great switch in to the fire attacks aimed at your precious jungle friends. Give it a try :toast:

Last edited:

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Regirock with Leftovers
Clear Body
Careful nature
252 HP/ 252 SpD/ 4 A
Curse
Rock Slide
Rest
Sleep Talk

Definitely my favorite regirock set to use. With fairly good 80/100 Special bulk, full investment lets it take a fair amount of attacks, including a life orb focus blast from jynx (cannot take 2). Plus, its physical defensive is obviously already impressive, so after 2 curses, it is very sturdy on both sides of spectrum. Once special water and grass types, and physical variants that cannot boost up (Samurott, Carracosta) and stuff like sawk, then you are set to do some massive damage!

Regirock @ Choice Band
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Toxic / Explosion

uh hits pretty strong which can be surprising and actually has really good bulk unlike rampardos making it a pretty good choice band user. toxic allows it to nail mola/tangela on the switch and ice punch pops golurk ez. stone edge and drain punch have really good coverage together and are actually pretty powerful while drain punch provides regirock recovery too. kaboom for bang. hell 252 Atk Choice Band Regirock (+Atk) Stone Edge vs 80 HP/0 Def Golurk: 39.82% - 46.9% is pretty damn good

not much you can really do with regirock =/

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Reserving Chestorest Never mind doing ParaFlinch ResTalk!

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Thunder Wave
- Sleep Talk
- Rock Slide

Normal Paraflinch etc. etc... ResTalk for longevity and besides that... flinch to death! :D

Last edited:

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Gravity
- Stone Edge
- DynamicPunch
- Ice Punch

Gravity's a cool move that Regirock can make pretty good use out of. First off, it turns Stone Edge 100% accurate and DynamicPunch into a very usable 80%, letting him spam his STAB with no worries and spread confusion while also doing a hefty chunk. Makes Flyings neutral to Stone Edge, but most'll die anyway to either that or DynamicPunch. Ice Punch is mainly for Golurk and Torterra.

Last edited:

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
ROCK @ Leftovers
Clear Body
240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant

Rock Slide
Drain Punch
Thunder Wave
Toxic

If you already have SR somewhere else on your team (Miltank, Seismitoad are good non-Rocks for this), then double status Regirock is a solid choice for balanced teams. It's a nice lure for things like Golurk and Seismitoad which are immune to Thunder Wave, while retaining the option of crippling fast sweepers like Tauros or Jynx or whatever. Adamant nature because I think it allows you to break SubBU Brav's substitutes and 2hko Bastiodon or something, I ran calcs way back when I used this on an older team.

Lead set:

Regirock @ Mental Herb
EVs 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
-Stealth Rock
-Counter
-Stone Edge
-Thunder Wave
Impish Nature

Regirock doesn't have much going for it, but this is the best lead set I can come up with. This should be used if you REALLY want rocks up. Like, it must be life or death that you just HAVE TO HAVE THEM UP. The EVs just barely survive Sawk's CB Close Combats and I put Counter there cause fuk Sawk. Max special attack Seismitoad's Hydro Pump is a 50/50 live/death ratio, but that's the best you can get. Mental Herb cause screw Taunt leads.

So yeah, if you want SR up more than you want a solid team member that can actually support your team, use this guy i guess.

reserving ChestoRest Being unoriginal because Regirock is boring :c

--

Regirock @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rest

Whenever I go to use Regirock, I always gravitate towards this set. If I already have Stealth Rocks on my team (usually in the form of Seismitoad or Golurk), I throw this guy on here. His amazing bulk allows him to leave his Defense uninvested and still take a lot of STAB neutral hits. The coverage is impeccable here: EdgeQuake is naturally good, and Drain Punch allows you to clock Air Balloon Probopass (who almost always run Magnet Pull, from my experience) for big damage (a SE STAB Earth Power from Air Balloon Probo only has a 22% chance to 2HKO the set after rocks.). The kicker here is Rest; while Drain Punch is good for some here and there healing, Regirock can easily heal itself in one turn on multiple threats such as Scolipede lacking Aqua Tail, Swellow, Braviary, Kangaskhan (Adamant EQ is a 3HKO), Jolly LO Tauros (as well as the Scarf variants, as they both only 3HKO with EQ.), and more, effectively being able to win out over them 1v1 due to 2HKOing all of them easily (the majority of them being weak to Drain Punch, so you regain health.) The set has it's downsides, of course. Lack of Lefties blows, and sometimes Regirock likes to have Toxic to catch Alo and Tangela, but there isn't room for it on the set. But, this is the Next Best Thing, so it isn't gonna be perfect.

EDIT: Also note that this set 2HKOs Defensive Mandibuzz, while Foul Play is only a 5HKO. She can beat you with Toxic + Roost, however, but it's a cool thing to know that you can pick her off from low health.

Last edited:

Regirock @ Hard Stone
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Rock Polish

manly as fuck set for manly players. Rock Polish makes you fasttt, but not that fast so like every scarfer outspeeds you. You can potentially clean up late game with this set, and its pretty fun to play with. Hard Rock is the item because it helps with Regirocks longevity while also making it strong. maybe LO would be better I didn't run calcs to see if it misses any crucial kills. EQ / Stone Edge hit most things really hard, only walls are going to be able to tank it. Ice Punch hits torterrible so you dont bloose to it :)

Regirock @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Sp. Def
~ Substitute
~ Rock Slide
~ Swagger
~ Thunder Wave

A para-fusion-flinching set for Regirock that I use pretty much whenever I am not using this Pokemon as a lead. With it's naturally high physical defense and its great special defense after the EV investment, Regirock is able to take hits extremely well and make full use of the support moves on this set. The first move is substitute to get behind a protective barrier to shield you from any unnecessary damage. Also, the great thing about Regirock's substitutes is that they cannot be broken by the majority of non super-effective physical attacks in NU and many non super-effective special attacks. Up next, we have Rock Slide to be your main STAB attack and potentially flinch slower opponents, Swagger to confuse your opponents, and Thunder Wave to paralyze opposing pokemon. Lastly, the great thing about all of this is not only that it can potentially provide paralysis support to your teammates, but also the fact that any time your opponent is either paralyzed or hurts itself in confusion, you can get up a free sub and harass them further.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 20 SDef / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch

sub toxic everything. always beats alomomola lol! nothing else to say except that it's pretty bulky since this set has a bit more investment in def than other sets

Regirock @ Ice Gem
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SDef or 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 SDef
Adamant / Brave Nature
- Curse
- Ice Punch

- Stone Edge
- Drain Punch / Thunder

This set is an extremely odd set that can lure and KO two of Regirock's greatest checks: Golurk and Alomomola. A +1 Ice gem boosted Ice Punch OHKOes Golurk, while max Special Attack Thunder 2HKOes Alomomola. However, outside of luring Alomomola, Thunder doesn't have much use, so Drain Punch can be used to recover a bit of health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)