The Mysterious Origin of Evolutionary Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Introduction

lines of text introducing the reader about what this article will be about

Theories

Conspiracy on Man Made Stones (Including mega and evolutionary)

• Fire/Water/Thunder/Leaf Stones could be chemically re-engineered copies of the Moon Stone. The fact they're sold in stock highly suggests they manufacture them.
  • Different potential companies that could have made mega stones and evolutionary stones
  • What they could have done to make them successfully
  • Why only some evolutionary stones are available in some of the games
  • How did Mewtwo, a Man-made Pokemon, get two different mega stones, which appear to form naturally?
  • How did trainers get a mega bracelet with a mega stone? Is it like a remote to a TV? Were they designed to respond to the natural resonance of other mega stones?
  • Moon, Dusk, Dawn, and Shiny Stones occur naturally and are not purchasable while the others are.
  • Aerodactyl was revived from a man made machine, so if it's Mega Stone was natural, it would be eons old.

Theories on Natural Creation of Stones (Mega stone theories and evolutionary stone theories)

• How Mega stones would have been discovered
  • Where they would have been discovered, depending on who it mega evolves
  • How the Evolutionary stones would have been formed through elements (i.e. Fire Stone made in volcanoes from Cinnabar Island)
  • How they would have been found if they were made in difficult places of the sort
  • Some mega stones (i.e. Latios/iasite are possibly a piece of a bigger artifact)
  • Why Mega Rayquaza doesn't need anything (item-related) to Mega Evolve (i.e. Rayquaza is an eternal being, only one of it. The other Pokemon aren't, causing them to need items to mega evolve, as they are species of Pokemon, numerous amounts).
  • Moon, Dusk, Dawn, Sun, and Shiny Stones occur naturally and are not purchasable while the others are.

(basically sharing origin theories from two perspectives)

Conclusion

conclude/summarize what the article was about

This will be co-written with Ununhexium, Mysteria, Deinosaur, and Goddess Briyella

Goddess Briyella has said that she will supervise this.

(only me and unun would need access to the writing thing)

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If this were to be written, I'd prefer to make this into two separate articles, since I found myself getting lost between the evolution and mega stones fairly often (this being a condensd skeleton, but still). And let's not forget that you could mine for evo stones in DPP, so while I'm not against the theory of altering moonstones chemically, they very much do occur naturally it seems (maybe the same chemical reactions occur in the gound?).

I'm a big enthusiast for our earlier Pokemon Biology installations and this seems right up its valley. But like I said, having both evo and mega stones in one article could get both long and emssy, so I personally recommend splitting them. But overall, I'm fine with you writing this.

Edit: oh right this is what Briyella mentioned to me earlier

Well, if several people are contributing, then perhaps more material is needed for the article, but my initial impression remains the same.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
If this were to be written, I'd prefer to make this into two separate articles, since I found myself getting lost between the evolution and mega stones fairly often (this being a condensd skeleton, but still). And let's not forget that you could mine for evo stones in DPP, so while I'm not against the theory of altering moonstones chemically, they very much do occur naturally it seems (maybe the same chemical reactions occur in the gound?).

I'm a big enthusiast for our earlier Pokemon Biology installations and this seems right up its valley. But like I said, having both evo and mega stones in one article could get both long and emssy, so I personally recommend splitting them. But overall, I'm fine with you writing this.

Edit: oh right this is what Briyella mentioned to me earlier

Well, if several people are contributing, then perhaps more material is needed for the article, but my initial impression remains the same.
Okay, thanks! Briyella told me not to really do anything until she woke up so that she could see the feedback, so I'll just wait for that. Again, thanks!

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
I apologize for my late follow-up on this. Some things came up.

I don't think it's an issue to have this focus on just Mega Stones for this article; that was the original idea to be honest. I was hoping to include more information and expand on the subject, but if you believe it might become too convoluted, we are fine with this. :)

Langur and Ununhexium need access to Article Workshop.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
oh right

Langur Ununhexium

I've now given you access to our workshop. Here's some general advice we give all new writers:

1) Get your stuff done on time. If there's ever a situation that comes up, talk with The Smog Staff, and we'll make accommodations. The key here is communication; we need to hear from you if something is up that will prevent you from meeting the deadline. Try to get your stuff done in two weeks if possible, in order to give the GP/HTML/art team time to get everything done.

2) Don't leak any of our stuff until the release happens. This includes art and any other information. If you ever want feedback on your work or have questions, you can join us in #thesmog on IRC (if you don't have IRC, you can PM me or another staffer on the forums and I'll give you a link).

If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask The Smog Staff. When you post your thread in the Article Workshop, you need to set labels for it. You'll need to set the issue's number too. For the tags that say WIP, Grammar, etc, those are the stages your article are in. Since you'll ideally be working on the article after posting your thread, mark it as WIP. When you finish, move it to Grammar and get it checked twice by other people. Afterward is the HTML stage and someone will put it into HTML code. Your article will eventually get art done for it and it'll be complete!
Welcome to the force. If you have any questions, let us know.

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
Also: Am I not allowed to do the HTML for this article bc I am not the Smog's HTML team

Langur, you can do this one as part of your request to join the team if you'd like. Send a PM to myself, Toast++, and Quarkz with this HTML and past HTMLs of yours, perhaps in The Player, and we'll consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)