SS RU The Modest Toxtricity (1500+)

1623562487295.png
1623562538282.png
1623562574786.png
1623562635679.png
1623562704984.png
1623562820384.png

Introduction

Hi everyone, I am fairly new to the RU metagame and was introduced to the tier through looking up the placement of one of my favourite new mons that being Toxtricity. I was always a fan of its Shift gear set but never activity tried out its specs set until now opting for Modest to optimise damage. As result I wanted to build a team that supported this mon and its arguably limited switch ins. So without further ado, I hope you enjoy my RMT and provide any feedback :)

The Team

1623562490570.png

Toxtricity @ Choice Specs
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Volt Switch
- Overdrive
- Sludge Bomb/Snarl/Sludge Wave

I opted to run Modest on this mon because due to its already low speed, I wanted to make every hit from this mon count. In order to do this I built my team to weaken threats with status and hazards to enable Toxtricity to come in safely and as frequently as possible.

The set is standard and I opted to go with Sludge bomb for the final slot to fish for the 30% poison chance on the Marowaks/ghosts switching in in addition to hitting predicted Zarude's harder. However, go for Snarl or Sludge Wave if you want to hit Ghosts or require more power with a lesser poison chance.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Toxtricity Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Marowak-Alola: 132-156 (50.5 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Punk Rock Toxtricity Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Steelix: 139-165 (39.2 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Punk Rock Toxtricity Overdrive vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 138-164 (37.9 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
1623562532357.png

Obstagoon @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Parting Shot
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Close Combat

Obstagoon’s job to act as a scary piviot with Parting Shot weaken mons in preparation for toxtricity or in some cases develop a good psudo Part/Turn loop if there are no Clear body users or Ground types on the opposing team. Originally, Banded Pangoro, Obstagoon was chosen due to its above average speed, Ghost/psycic immunities and synergy with Future Sight Reuniculus. Additionally, it can act as a last resort Knock Off buffer when already burnt.

Moves are standard minus Parting shot and it has to hit hard and fast as possible or escape while weakening its opponent. However, it can struggle with faster threats such as Cobalion and bulky steel types that can take an initial Close Combat.
1623562570411.png

Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 24 SpA / 236 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Future Sight
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Reuniclus is my special wall and it does fantastically with the aid of its ability regenerator. The ev’s are imported from Smogon, but as it can struggle with entry hazards, I was considering running a fully specially defensive set with a Calm nature. However the ability to 2KO a Raikou and deal heavy Focus Blast damage was missed.

Future sight pairs superbly with Toxtricity’s and Obstagoon’s wallbreaking calibilities and most of all encourages switches to dark/steel types who dislike Focus blasts. Shadow Ball is run on the final slot to hit Ghosts that are immune to Boomburst harder and is preferable to running Knock off which 2 mons already carry on the team.

24+ SpA Reuniclus Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Raikou: 148-175 (46.1 - 54.5%) -- 56.3% chance to 2HKO
24+ SpA Reuniclus Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 200+ SpD Incineroar: 190-224 (48.3 - 56.9%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO
24+ SpA Reuniclus Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Chandelure: 170-202 (65.1 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
24+ SpA Reuniclus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 142-168 (36 - 42.6%) -- 95.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

1623562653639.png

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Heal Bell

Originally Umbreon, but it struggled with Steelix, so I opted for Vaporeon instead as the teams cleric and wish passer. Vaporeon in addition can burn with Scald witch can put Electric’s the switch a lot on a timer such as Xurkitree or Raikou who don’t appreciate getting burnt on the switch.

Running heal bell can sometimes be contradictory with Obstagoon burn status, but as Obstagoon’s main job is to pivot with parting shot, they work well together. Additionally, heal bell gets rid of Toxic’s on Reuniculus that hamper its special wall capabilities.

1623562694680.png

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Knock Off

Shuckle is my Stealth Rocker and more importantly, the Sticky web user. Webs are essential for Toxtricity to gain a speed advantage on faster threats and allows for an extra turn of damage especially when you predict the opponents switch into their Togekiss/G Weezing defogger. Encore is used to trap calm mind/set up users and knock off is to remove heavy duty boots along with other items. Mental herb is to prevent Taunt and guarantee at least one hazard going up but am considering Leftovers. Shuckle is Specially Defensive as it can act as a solid Boomburst switch in against opposing Toxtricitys.

1623562832408.png

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strange Steam
- Defog
- Pain Split

Lastly, Weezing-G is my Defogger, ground immunity and burner. It is a solid answer to common fighting types, but it can struggle against Guts users such as Heracross and Obstagoon as even though its defensive it can't take too many Facades. Strange Steam is a semi-reliable damaging move with a chance of causing confusion and pain split is to keep it healthy. Black sludge it additionally used to restore HP.

Conclusion

This team has done fairly well on the ladder however it can struggle against fast physical threats such as Obstagoon, Guts Heracross and Volt turners especially if my Reuniculus is statused. However, I enjoy using this team and I hope you will as well and provide feedback on your laddering with it :)

Toxtricity @ Choice Specs
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Volt Switch
- Overdrive
- Sludge Bomb

Obstagoon @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Parting Shot
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Close Combat

Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 24 SpA / 236 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Future Sight
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Heal Bell

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Knock Off

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strange Steam
- Defog
- Pain Split

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)