The LC Open XI - Round 4-B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD

The eleventh iteration of the largest LC tournament, and the tour with the most signups in Smogon's history, the LC Open, has begun! A truly ludicrous number of players stands between each of you and victory. I wish you all the best of luck!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here. POINT VALUES HAVE CHANGED, SEE ADMIN THREAD
  • Standard SS LC.
  • Best-of-three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!, on the Smogtours server.
  • SS cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.
this stuff is just the abbreviated version, for the full list of rules for Smogon Tournaments check here

Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle.

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches are only allowed if there was a True Disconnection.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
General recommendations:
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
  • If I catch news of ghosting or some other sort of atrocious behavior, I reserve the right to investigate to the full limits of my ability in conjunction with the TD team provided there is adequate evidence to warrant it.
  • Please read the Scheduling Guide if you're unsure how to properly schedule for the tournament!
That aside, feel free to get back to me (or a tournament director if, for some reason, you don't really trust my judgement) if you still have any questions regarding this tournament (or Grand Slam in general) after reading this post.

Last but not least, aside from points towards qualifying for Grand Slam playoffs, this tournament is part of the LC Tournament Circuit, so points for that will also be awarded accordingly depending on how well you do.

Round 4-B

SergioRules  vs  Stareal
Shou Dui  vs  PhioneGuy
Nice Succ  vs  Wail Wailord
rarre  vs  jonfilch
CelienneileC  vs  HydreigonTheChild
Ahpel the applin water  vs  Poek
turkiman1337  vs  ToastedBunzzz02
ACNT  vs  giove97
Rossing  vs  poke_roco
Softo Ando Wetto  vs  GW
jonas  vs  Gallaniel
femboy  vs  $GMUNNAY$
GBlaze  vs  afakedugong
Rodigou  vs  Teytt
Charis_Akins  vs  Luna's Banned now
Asking Dinossaur  vs  Amberr
Zetarro  vs  PerfectFeebas
Danny  vs  azogue
rubycandy  vs  kDCA
Nineage  vs  Drookez
Z Strats  vs  wontletmeusemyname
Delta4  vs  Phobic-Coffe
Cnntstmpthtrmp  vs  Martinique Jason
halaman95  vs  Expulso
Wubben  vs  Guyoftheego
Bowas  vs  zolo zoro
Pinecoishot  vs  Fc
FearOfMonday  vs  CDW Enrique
kwekj  vs  Ch1ck3n Nu99ets
Trout In Space  vs  TobaccoKoko
rytheyan  vs  Afdvsc
MOHAMEDALL  vs  Gojirark
Insanity46  vs  Aurella
PNW_Bati  vs  Ronman5
snaga  vs  kythr
boulicrok  vs  maroon
Shmoo  vs  Super eevee
Drifting  vs  Chrome_
doc1203  vs  Quint_
Stecolomaxx  vs  Eggwaldo
Mimikyu Stardust  vs  rh3252
rihiro  vs  search
Floss  vs  weird tea
golderzoa  vs  HDF0
Cdijk16  vs  Longicaudatus
destroyingpotato  vs  Snakeberg
NoraTheMediocre  vs  EruditeFactotum
King Billu  vs  5Dots
barton  vs  chlo
Zombie wan kenobi  vs  R1CEC4KE
Collette  vs  Axelsior
tob  vs  Soleharbor
ACR1  vs  Laroxyl
LandlordRemover  vs  IBM
Marshall.Law  vs  Greentea570
r4uli  vs  califlour
jynx112  vs  yovan33321
airfare  vs  Jaamez25
Nait02  vs  Welli0u
QEDsoku  vs  EeveeWillEatYou
mc5303  vs  Potatochan
Nultiprise  vs  personhere
robobo17  vs  Jakubowski53
Jon Poopsicle  vs  Parpar
fnoonan15  vs  ML26
Leavers  vs  CharizardChamp450
JonAmon 25  vs  Haunted Dittp
Thicc_Shady  vs  Spl4sh
EnzoLapras  vs  Plas
ForgottenOnes  vs  LettuceLeaf07
Wanony  vs  MichaelderBeste2
Clouds  vs  fuzzybunny666
RioGois9  vs  nate ios
RZL  vs  Coconut
leonmachar  vs  cryststals
Sagisolar  vs  Thootjuh
Comedier  vs  Fant'sy Beast
Drud  vs  Eonito
Sheilwood  vs  PopyQc
churine  vs  entini urf
Garay oak  vs  Goblin
MunchLacks  vs  Akshajm
murraybones6  vs  KSG
Saz 0619  vs  Baconater540
nimzowitsch  vs  Baptosta
xujing691691  vs  Vohmu
Pampey  vs  Kowasabii
Agent_A6  vs  Call me PK
LilyAC  vs  risi
Wellhell  vs  frisoeva
HaxorusIdk  vs  Zyra231
Amukamara  vs  rexbot2
Povfren  vs  Rhmsitb
Edwyn2  vs  SoulWind
Banbadoro  vs  pinorska
eifo  vs  PyProd

Deadline: Sunday May 15th, 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4)
Extension Deadline: Wednesday May 11th, 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4)

Last edited:

Éric

mons is mons
is a Pre-Contributor
they took my poles :(
grizzz vs Mendeez: mendez is hot and already beat a discord main last week so 100% bolding him
zS vs QuinnXD: quinns positive in lpl, knows lc and ive never seen zs play tbh tho i know hes known so its kinda a tossup but idk
dcae vs Elfuseon: while idt dcaes played lc after scl and elfu is a tryhard and can very well win any given match, i think dcaes strong as fuck and idt theres really anyone id bold over him
zeriloa vs trace: for the longest time i thought zeriloa was just a discord main that never played mons but turns out hes quite good lol idt trace cares as much but they still could win tho, i just think zerils favored here after his super ultra omega hax inclined games last week vs our favorite hero
Foukrou vs EviGaro: she beat me in lc ru cup with an axew
Grankie vs MK007: grankie always does well enough in teamtours and uses timburr so mks meowth wont have much to do
aim vs Alkione: i really like aim playing, i think he tries to position well enough every match and he usually gets it, but from what i saw in his r1 vid he doesnt really get lc. on the other hand, alkione is so good and will use random shit thatll throw aim off
snaga vs kythr: kythrs huge. im such a fan of him playing and pretty much always will vote for him. while snaga i think is good and had a good scl for example, idt hes versed well enough into lc to defeat someone as knowledgeable as kythr
boulicrok vs maroon: come on its bouli. maroon would need a lot to take the upset, tho not impossible ig.
EnzoLapras vs (swellow is stronk vs Plas): plas is very good. i thought he hadnt played since lpl6 but turns out he plays indivs (at least thats what jc says) so im bolding him, i always liked him and ive never seen any super impressive match from enzo to make me doubt
Drud vs Eonito: this dude has beaten sciro and ninja. i bolded his opps the first time and clearly made mistakes, so if i bold him instead this round i should be able to win. simple math
Garay oak vs Goblin. im ngl i think goblin played almost perfectly his bw lc game vs me in circuit playoff tiebreak. but i havent seen his other games, and garay is a fucking beast in mons so i gotta bold him. still, i can see an upset here, since garay isnt the most lc knowledgeable person out there
LilyAC vs risi: lily has a huge history winning in lc. idt she was in her strongest form in lcwc or even scl (tho she went positive bc of course its lily), but idt risi is anywhere near her level and i still think shes quite a top contender for the trophy so im bolding the air conditioner
wheres my nude fille

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)