The LC Open XI - Round 3-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The eleventh iteration of the largest LC tournament, and the tour with the most signups in Smogon's history, the LC Open, has begun! A truly ludicrous number of players stands between each of you and victory. I wish you all the best of luck!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here. POINT VALUES HAVE CHANGED, SEE ADMIN THREAD
  • Standard SS LC.
  • Best-of-three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!, on the Smogtours server.
  • SS cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.
this stuff is just the abbreviated version, for the full list of rules for Smogon Tournaments check here

Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle.

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches are only allowed if there was a True Disconnection.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
General recommendations:
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
  • If I catch news of ghosting or some other sort of atrocious behavior, I reserve the right to investigate to the full limits of my ability in conjunction with the TD team provided there is adequate evidence to warrant it.
  • Please read the Scheduling Guide if you're unsure how to properly schedule for the tournament!
That aside, feel free to get back to me (or a tournament director if, for some reason, you don't really trust my judgement) if you still have any questions regarding this tournament (or Grand Slam in general) after reading this post.

Last but not least, aside from points towards qualifying for Grand Slam playoffs, this tournament is part of the LC Tournament Circuit, so points for that will also be awarded accordingly depending on how well you do.

Round 3-D

velveanor  vs  DOOR MONEY
Mathology0  vs  0rre11
oxStr8upGrEeKxo  vs  TPP
Tenebricite  vs  Js88Lime
LettuceLeaf07  vs  Yashis
Keyternal  vs  Spl4sh
destroyingpotato  vs  Peer777
eifo  vs  UziiTooWavy
Klafutiso  vs  grizzz
Forger of Days  vs  ThinkingSceptile
hurricanesheep  vs  George Bushy
WindowNipples  vs  jinjaningna
Clorodulce  vs  nate ios
FlippySpatula  vs  ShaneDoe
kakashi gamerkid  vs  HDF0
uhtopl  vs  charlie-nbee
Merritt  vs  Federico segu
TobaccoKoko  vs  Bohrier
Shourya Kumar  vs  Tails72
palladiumpaladin  vs  Betnav1288
natu  vs  Meminger21
Soleharbor  vs  Blui
Bowas  vs  Pochebear101
GW  vs  Corporal Levi
YukiKoyuki  vs  Drookez
JonnySQ  vs  Cnntstmpthtrmp
Fallenangelveox  vs  Ronman5
PokemonFanboys  vs  Amukamara
Ahpel the applin water  vs  RochesterRockruffs
Moldworm  vs  Cryoforce
SpectralThief  vs  Garay oak
leonmachar  vs  Niknak841
cryststals  vs  Aggic
Huston  vs  Baptosta
Yep c moi  vs  KingSlayer2004
BlackPrince1330  vs  NoraTheMediocre
jumbucker  vs  JacintoElGrande
Coconut  vs  Skulltra
RioGois9  vs  Baxor_Zein
Drogba In Shenhua  vs  TDuke83
gorex  vs  Ryan5374
choboribi  vs  Goblin
halaman95  vs  Random playerr
AprilGames  vs  Banbadoro
Fantos13  vs  ComputerWhiz
Axrtix  vs  Wellhell
TheFranklin  vs  Beka
BigFatMantis  vs  Elfuseon
zglueck  vs  Duckslikerain
Phantom_Dork  vs  Pinecoishot
BrutalBjörn  vs  KM
rh3252  vs  TheOneStick
magmajp  vs  EnzoLapras
Albert von Gerstenlohn  vs  OverqwilEnjoyer29
LuminousLunatic  vs  MoodGorning
Cyfix  vs  Beast Eye
Xilefinator  vs  search
S1nn0hC0nfirm3d  vs  Confide
Joebkatt  vs  Shandeur
Finchinator  vs  Sheilwood
Mirbro  vs  LoyaltyKiwi
Mike Cometa  vs  Hectorcopter66
Magatsu-Claudia  vs  JaegerJaquezz
xJokesOnYou  vs  Jordy004
fa500  vs  MOHAMEDALL
Lucasthenewcomer  vs  Nait02
Fiend  vs  senshidenshi
PanPanPanda534  vs  Phobic-Coffe
zoowi  vs  perfect minun
divyanshu  vs  Danny
M_Hoopa  vs  tob
Asurah  vs  Nineage
Froggy  vs  Ch1ck3n Nu99ets
PopyQc  vs  Kaazikin
ijustwantfood  vs  Krumplin
Check1Two  vs  Drifting
NHelioX7  vs  Shmoo
DeCurry  vs  freezai
GDFK  vs  Nintimdo64
Expulso  vs  TreeBoi691
Leru  vs  pinorska
Spiderz  vs  Leavers
jacksterb  vs  JonAmon 25
SOM/05  vs  Nice Succ
aruwu  vs  neomon
Delta4  vs  Imnotyoris
Ideasds  vs  Z Strats
King Billu  vs  Tuthur
DuGuo  vs  Marilink
CSponge  vs  Luna's Banned now
inclovan  vs  Note200
HRCassetteTape  vs  Feaniix
false  vs  Deepanshuk17
Efernal?  vs  5Dots
Frozen_Sherbet  vs  Simon C4
Bucketeering  vs  Zenadark

Deadline: Sunday May 8th, 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4)
Extension Deadline: Wednesday May 4th, 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4)

Last edited by a moderator:
hey! my opponent hasn't been active since the 7th of april which is quite odd since they couldnt have participated in round 2 if thats the case. they have also only replied "in" on the original lc open post and haven't had any public messages aside from that so i doubt they have actually played in the tournament. is this an error or do they hide activity or whatever (if that's even a thing)? or am i just misreading their profile idk how this forum works so

hey! my opponent hasn't been active since the 7th of april which is quite odd since they couldnt have participated in round 2 if thats the case. they have also only replied "in" on the original lc open post and haven't had any public messages aside from that so i doubt they have actually played in the tournament. is this an error or do they hide activity or whatever (if that's even a thing)? or am i just misreading their profile idk how this forum works so
this is not the first time lol in round 1 the same thing happened haha and my round 1 opponent hasn't been active either so

Me and my opponent ( Yep C Moi) were playing the first game on a time we scheduled. I was at a clear advantage when my opponent suddenly had to go mid game and claimed that the game does not count and his timer ran out. Reporting my opponent for unsporting behavior and making sure that I won the first game and I am at 1-0 to avoid further disputes. Will prefer not to share replay but will if necessary.
velvet

Attachments

Last edited:
Me and my opponent ( Yep C Moi) were playing the first game on a time we scheduled. I was at a clear advantage when my opponent suddenly had to go mid game and claimed that the game does not count and his timer ran out. Reporting my opponent for unsporting behavior and making sure that I won the first game and I am at 1-0 to avoid further disputes. Will prefer not to share replay but will if necessary.
velvet
you were in the middle of a match and he messaged you on the forums to reschedule? weird

velvet
KingSlayer2004 vs Yep c moi

As of right now, it’s 1-0 in KingSlayer2004’s favor, not counting a win despite timer running out doesn’t make sense. Each player has the right to turn on timer and if one fails to make a move before timer runs out then it’s their loss. Finish your series if you can but just remember KingSlayer is up 1-0. That is all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)