The LC Open XI - Round 3-A

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head

The eleventh iteration of the largest LC tournament, and the tour with the most signups in Smogon's history, the LC Open, has begun! A truly ludicrous number of players stands between each of you and victory. I wish you all the best of luck!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here. POINT VALUES HAVE CHANGED, SEE ADMIN THREAD
  • Standard SS LC.
  • Best-of-three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!, on the Smogtours server.
  • SS cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.
this stuff is just the abbreviated version, for the full list of rules for Smogon Tournaments check here

Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle.

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches are only allowed if there was a True Disconnection.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
General recommendations:
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
  • If I catch news of ghosting or some other sort of atrocious behavior, I reserve the right to investigate to the full limits of my ability in conjunction with the TD team provided there is adequate evidence to warrant it.
  • Please read the Scheduling Guide if you're unsure how to properly schedule for the tournament!
That aside, feel free to get back to me (or a tournament director if, for some reason, you don't really trust my judgement) if you still have any questions regarding this tournament (or Grand Slam in general) after reading this post.

Last but not least, aside from points towards qualifying for Grand Slam playoffs, this tournament is part of the LC Tournament Circuit, so points for that will also be awarded accordingly depending on how well you do.

Round 3-A

PyProd  vs  fml.446
DJNNR8  vs  thatgreik
M4tth145  vs  Eggwaldo
Magikarp_Is_AG  vs  Clinky456
roxiee  vs  BrainBraynBryan
UpsideDownPants  vs  Foukrou
AxCypher  vs  14 Aquila
Magikarp6000  vs  MenaCicada
Scottie  vs  Jesse504
DanDaMan99  vs  Nurimiau
BaconUltimate  vs  lH=_=Sl
Mimikyu Stardust  vs  CasaNerd
Somil116  vs  Floss
Khon Edan  vs  Mhew
Kaani  vs  bygbyrd
rkatz36368  vs  MunchLacks
entini urf  vs  flincchino
Clasmia  vs  tMoi
zolo zoro  vs  FireWispGames
micromorphic  vs  NiccoFinni
CyberOdin✝  vs  Snakeberg
HSOWA  vs  PaperTigerLily
Watchingbleachh  vs  Anonymous43567
shadecelebi  vs  rubycandy
eosobe  vs  That_Dwayneee
MiNi Charizard-x  vs  fede400036
zioziotrip  vs  mc5303
Vi best waifu  vs  rorschach620
wontletmeusemyname  vs  Shimadalen
DuckeryDoodle  vs  dauguy
Smajet  vs  Yun Yun UwU
ITR  vs  Malekith
reggg  vs  djodjoxyz
DC  vs  Mendeez
swellow is stronk  vs  Plas
Zxblade  vs  EruditeFactotum
$GMUNNAY$  vs  bruhmphrey
Stefaan  vs  incognitio
mollyTovich  vs  Call me PK
rockdender  vs  omarsgarciav
Saz 0619  vs  brinxian
Gallaniel  vs  booru
Splash  vs  JudeIllusion
EternalSnowman  vs  Jay is decent
denali  vs  NongshimOfficial
alaric_ca  vs  PNW_Bati
Estarossa  vs  loser boyo
Ameliasoars  vs  BoostedArk
AlyxLovesTransRights  vs  personhere
INeedToPractice  vs  golderzoa
Akumo  vs  turkiman1337
Notjosh  vs  SaberTB
LastAgainXander  vs  TDK
cambam2015  vs  jawsome274
FireHaveADlore  vs  Pfirsicher
yadyaksh yadav  vs  GBlaze
SuperButhu  vs  Zetarro
Sciroccoo  vs  Drud
DarkAbeShining  vs  Stecolomaxx
robobo17  vs  Migo_Aipom
TheOnlyWay  vs  Insanity46
Chaos23333  vs  Ascended Lettuce
QuinnXD  vs  64 Squares
z0mOG  vs  Bastruedo
GuapoPescado  vs  zero_sanaide
Bomansen  vs  Clouds
bill.is.me  vs  User 589875
Bossiest  vs  czim
ToastedBunzzz02  vs  Hisoka Morow
thebluewizzrobe  vs  Jakubowski53
Roseybear  vs  jeph02
Jayi  vs  SOME_MALAY
dwhitey724  vs  RampageWebber
Super eevee  vs  IlMori
DarkRenox  vs  LilyAC
PerfectFeebas  vs  Fariyalzoha
psychotaco3  vs  doc1203
ThemeTeamMemeDream  vs  bulufan14
Fille  vs  bbeeaa
coral fan  vs  Toadow
Mrsarcastichsot  vs  Eonito
Littlegreatape  vs  Laroxyl
SlobberyDisc191  vs  PU is goated
Surfy  vs  Roginald
grasstoghost  vs  RamentheGod
Marshall.Law  vs  Queenthinng
Fenrir Rune  vs  Parpar
TJ  vs  Pampey
Guyoftheego  vs  Vortexual
Scritis  vs  Quiche Nuts Gandhi
Jaamez25  vs  wolfey.g.fan69420
Heart Doom  vs  Micciu
Aurella  vs  Chris32156
pleroy10  vs  ForgottenOnes
Teytt  vs  Admaann
Rossing  vs  Holfend

Deadline: Sunday May 8th, 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4)
Extension Deadline: Wednesday May 4th, 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4)

Last edited by a moderator:

Éric

mons is mons
is a Pre-Contributor
Here come my predicts, does anyone care about them? idc
DC vs Mendeez: two karrablasts, two friends, only one dc screens. seriously tho, mendeez is really solid, comes from beating void and is in a really good streak overall, while our favorite kpop doggo struggled last week. gl to both tho ily
Sciroccoo vs Drud: drud actually beat ninja last week, so congrats on that lol this week hes also got a tough opponent, poor guy. sciros really versed in the lc metagame, so i give him the edge, but another upset might happen
Fille vs bbeeaa: i s2g this is like the third time this matchup happens this slam. Fille (tagging you for the nude lol) beat bea last time when they played nu? i believe, and, while bea is obviously one of the best in the site, he is so in ou, while fille knows a lot about lv 5. this could go either way, since bea is a beast in mons, but so is fille in lc
literally no one known plays each other LOL this ones so sad
pdt vs ACNT: i go with the more proven playerhere i think. pdt made slam playoffs last year, even tho idt he does play lc consistently, hes played lcpl in the past if im not mistaken. aconit is an lc main, but i dont know much about his level so i cant say for sure. therefore ill go with the one i know and i know is good
GW vs Corporal Levi: gw comes from his last round where he beat meru. thats an acomplishment on its own, but now has to beat levi too, the lc legend himself. last time gw already proved me wrong, but i think this one will be much harder, given how good the canadian is
S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs Confide: sinnoh made slam playoffs last year, but i dont really know how does he play, so im going w confide, who i think could realistically win. kinda a tossup, im not sure at all
not too many in this round, thats too bad rip lmk if i missed any one and hopefully in the next rounds we will have more known pairings

I have a question: How do tournament points work? I mean, I read this and this but I still don't get how it works
Sans titre.png

Looking at this and knowing there is 96 players in this Round 3-A, does that mean we get 3 points?

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I have a question: How do tournament points work? I mean, I read this and this but I still don't get how it works
View attachment 423186
Looking at this and knowing there is 96 players in this Round 3-A, does that mean we get 3 points?
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/grand-slam-administrative-decisions.3666162/#post-9178216 Here's a post about how points will work for this tournament, so yes, it'll be 3 points for winning this round and 4 for next, etc, up until this tour has 48 players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)