The Indigo Meta

First off some disappointing things i forgot
Recovery will work as any hp level

1/256 miss is also gone

Sleep becomes 3 turns max

Team preview as well

Here are some proposed changes:
  • Poison dealing 1/6 HP instead of 1/8
This one I am skeptical on. I want to give regular poison a buff to make sure Leech Seed doesn't completely outclass it, but this seems over the top.
  • Butterfree getting growth
Man would this be helpful to the butterfly. Not only improving it's Leech Life Damage, but also improving it's Special Defense, with bug resisting Psychic, It would allow for it to potentially become a real Psychic check. I do wonder if this wouldn't do that much, so I wanted to ask.
  • Dream Eater to 200 BP
Obviously it's distribution would be limited to balance it, but for the very few who will get it, I think it could do well for them. (like Hypno having super high-powered STAB move and possible coverage for Gengar) Things like Alakazam, Exeggutor, Jynx, and Starmie probably won't get it, but this could still be a possibility.
  • Ninetales getting Hypnosis
Ninetales already scared off some sleep leads, but this would let it put opponents to sleep when they switched out. I think it could really breathe some life into Ninetales but I wanted to see the opinions first.
  • Wiglytuff getting Amnesia
It's large special coverage would allow this to become a reality. It would be better to give this the move instead of Clefable due to not having Soft-Boiled to make that largely broken.
  • Venomoth getting Agility
Agility would allow the moth to go to insane speeds and most notably use that high speed to easily get off Sleep Powder or Stun Spore. I don't think it's too powerfull due to somewhat lackluster stats otherwise, but I could be wrong.
  • Give Medidate to Primeape, Machamp, and/or Electabuzz
All of these could make use of the attack boost it provides, but I wonder it it would be too much for any of them
  • Electabuzz getting the elemental punches
This would let Electabuzz reach new heights with the other electrics thanks to wide coverage these 2 additions would provide.
  • Persian getting Hypnosis
I realize this would let Persian exist with Tauros and offer it something over it. But I do feel concerned letting something this fast put something to sleep.
  • Hypno getting Amnesia
It certainly has the tools to pull that off, and it would give it something cool to use in scenarios.
  • Tangela getting Amnesia
This would allow it to start becoming really thick with Mega Drain and Leech Seed, maybe providing it a niche. (But I do have plans to make an UU version if needed.
  • Khangaskhan getting Focus Energy
It would be a nice set-up move for it and it has a nice mixed coverage movepool and higher special to use it with.
  • Magmar getting Thunder Punch
It gives it a unique coverage move nothing else of it's type gets, which is certainly something.
  • Gyarados getting Razor Wind
Could possibly make it so amazing to have this with it, but I am doubtful this could be balanced and it could possibly throw things out the window.
  • Aerodactyl loosing Earthquake
I added this hoping to buff it, but I now feel concerned it's broken with the move.

Now that this is officially coexisting with RRIB, what are the main differences that keep these 2 separate?

Is there a metagame analysis for this?
Sorry for the late reply, but there isn't. But I can share thoughts on some of the pokemon. (These will likely get a spot on a reserved post)

Charizard really appreciates the buffs it has been given. Now sporting more coverage in Rock Slide and Strength (Fighting-Type), Real Flying-STAB in Razor Wind (80 BP no additional effects) and higher offensive stats in 80/100/110 to use with the new tools. It still has it's weakness to common types in Water and Electric, but it is way more viable than it was in vanilla RBY.

Set idea: Swords Dance
Charizard
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch
- Razor Wind
- Earthquake

Swords Dance lets Charizard deal more damage. Fire Punch and Razor Wind are Physical STABs for the set. They each cover a few threats the other can't. Earthquake is viable on this set because it KOs Golem and Rhydon on the switch.

Set idea: All-out Attacker
Charizard
- Fire Blast
- Razor Wind
- Earthquake
- Body Slam / Hyper Beam

Fire Blast is the first STAB move, hitting The grass and bug types the metagame has. It also gets good damage on Articuno and Missingno. (Check OP for info on the new Ghost/Ice type) Razor Wind is the other STAB, hitting more things like Fighting Types and Chansey (Because Fire Blast is Special) for more damage. Earthquake helps chip Golem/Rhydon on the switch (it will not KO in time before they do) and other rock types. Body Slam lets it fish for paralysis, while Hyper Beam lets it net KOs on a few targets.

I do admit that Fire and Flying have similar coverage, so if the team doesn't need one or the other, it can instead opt for Strength or Rock Slide on the Swords Dance set. Strength hits the normals for more damage, while Rock Slide gets more damage on a couple of flying types like Zapdos and Dragonite. It also can use Whirlwind if there's not enough space on the team elswhere, but it does appreciate it's moveslots.

With real STABs in Leech Life (70 BP) and Razor Wind (80 BP no additional effects), Scyther can finally get to work and be a good Bug-Type for the tier. It's the fastest of the bugs clocking in at 110 base speed and a 110 Attack to hit things with. It dislikes how many weakness it has and it's lack of coverage, but it already offers a decent amount.

Set idea: Standard
Scyther
- Leech Life
- Razor Wind
- Swords Dance / Agility
- Hyper Beam

Leech Life and Razor Wind are both the STABs of the set, Leech Life hits Psychics for good damage, and Razor Wind offers a strong move when Leech Life won't cut it. Swords Dance or Agility lets it boost in the match and Hyper Beam lets it get finishing KOs on a few targets.

Slash is still a cool neutral move that still does decent damage and is the best move it has against Zapdos, but it has little use ouside of that and only works with Agility instead of Swords Dance. Quick Attack allows Scyther to get revenge kills on a few faster threats, but most faster threats either get taken out by Scyther, or take Scyther out. It also works better with Swords Dance if it is used.

Pinsir exists along with Scyther thanks to a few key traits it offers over it. Namely it has real coverage in Earthquake, Rock Slide, and Strength (Fighting-Type) and has higher initial Attack making it a bit less needy of Swords Dance. (but it would probably still run it as a filler move) It's weaknesses are being slower without a way to boost it's Speed and only having one STAB.

Set idea: Standard
Pinsir
- Leech Life
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Strength
- Swords Dance

Leech Life is the STAB, hitting grass and psychic types for good damage. Earthquake and either Rock Slide or Srength hit Pokemon who resist or take little from Leech Life, such as Rhydon, Zapdos, and more. Swords Dance allows Pinsir to deal more damage to it's opponents.

Pinsir lacks a lot of other options. Body Slam exists to fish for paralysis, but Pinsir wants moveslots. Hyper Beam also exists to do a finishing blow, but again, Pinsir wants it's moveslots.

Critique is allowed.

Here's some more thoughts dumped:

In a metagame where status is everywhere, Mist being able to prevent it for 5 turns is really amazing. Vaporeon stands out as it's only user that can reliably recover its HP, letting it come in to the field multiple times to set up Mist. It's quite useful 130/65/110 bulk helps too, and it's good special of 110 prevents it from being passive

Set idea: Mist setter
Vaporeon
- Mist
- Soft-Boiled
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Haze / Ice Beam

Mist and Soft-Boiled are the obvious moves that give Vaporeon it's entire niche, setting status-prevention and staying healthy respectively. Either Surf or Hydro Pump acts as the STAB, Surf being used for reliability and Hydro Pump used for extra power. Haze stops set-up sweeping, while Ice Beam can be used instead to hit Grasses and Dragonite if the utility of Haze is not needed.

Vaporeon learns Night Shade which also can be used as a coverage move, but it doesn't target anything specifically Vaporeon would like to target. Acid Armor exists for a few weird sets, but ideally, Vaporeon shouldn't be on the field that long. Reflect also exists as a support option over Haze, not having much uses, but existing.

Zapdos gained quite literately nothing. That doesn't mean the end of the world for it however, as Electric/Flying is a really cool type to have and Zapdos still has the stats to pull off what it does best. In addition it also has a few more targets to take on like Scyther, Vaporeon, and Poliwrath.

Set idea: standard
Zapdos
- Thunderbolt
- Drill Peck
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect / Light Screen / Agility

Thunderbolt and Drill Peck Maintain their status as STABs that hit Water, Grass, Fighting, Bug, and Flying-types. Thunder Wave allows Zapdos to cripple something by slowing it to help an ally take something out. The last slot ends up being mostly filler, Reflect and Light Screen are now actual team support moves, while Agility lets it possibly sweep. (obviously take out that Rhydon first before attempting)

There's not a lot of other things Zapdos could run. Toxic lets it inflict a different status, but Thunder Wave probably helps more against more offensive teams. Rest allows Zapdos to recover HP, but leaves it open to attacks.

Lots of things has changed for Exeggutor. Fighting-types actually exist for it to take on, and a few more Water-Types are out there as well. It appreciates the buff to Mega Drain. It dislikes Fire and Bug-types existing, and also Gengar's presence. It gained access to more utility, but ends up running into 4MSS. Overall, it's likely to stay around, but most likely not be dominating.

Set idea: standard
Exeggutor
- Mega Drain
- Psychic
- Sleep Powder / Stun Spore / Leech Seed
- Explosion / Stun Spore / Leech Seed

Mega Drain and Psychic together work as STABs hitting off a 125 attacking stat; Psychic does more Damage, and Mega Drain keeps Exeggutor healthy. Sleep Powder allows it to cripple one target thanks to sleep, (not as powerful as it used to be, but still a threat) and Explosion lets it nuke something before it dies. Stun Spore can be used as an alternative to Sleep Powder, or alongside it to work around Sleep Clause, and Leech Seed can help Exeggutor stay healthier for longer.

Exeggutor has Strength (Fighting-type) off a 95 base attack that can hit a few targets, but it often would lack the room for it. Toxic would be rarely seen, if at all, because Exeggutor would be focusing on either sleep or paralysis. Hyper Beam also exists, but again other moves would be wanted more.

Opinions are still allowed on these.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)