Approved The Guide to the Monotype Metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Introduction

Hello! Have you ever wandered around Pokemon Showdown!, for some excitement while battling, but couldn't seem to find it? Look no more, as I am here to tell you about Monotype! To easily learn how to adapt to the ways of Monotype, stay tuned after our short commercial break to find out!

Creating a Team
  • Explain how Monotype works
  • List some good team types to use for Monotype
  • Explain how to prepare against popular threats
  • List some banned Pokemon/items per team-types, and why they aren't globally banned from Monotype
  • List Globally banned Pokemon/Items
How to Make Strategic Calls
  • Tell how to predict if the opponent is about to switch, and some good choices to make
  • How to overcome overpredicting something
  • How to tell if your opponent is predicting what you might do, and what you can do differently to avoid that
How to Keep a High Ladder Ranking
  • Explain what to do in order to keep a high Ladder Rating
  • If you don't have one, how to earn one

well Langur, there you have it. you can start working on this as soon as you get access to The Klin, which I'll grant to you shortly (I'll let you know in a separate post or something).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)