Approved The Gossiper's Guide, Ep. 1: Getting To The Top Of The Ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelEdges

Banned deucer.
The Gossiper, the Player's version of the Onion, is run by MattL, who has recently granted me the privilege of helping him - he approves of these guides. I am doing a series of Gossiper Guides inspired by the Onion Tips video series (
is an example), about achieving a goal on PS. Here is my plan for the guide, some of which his already written. I hope that you will approve it.

- mental preparation
Make sure you're in the right mindframe. After all, laddering takes a lot of time and commitment, and can be extremely frustrating when the tiniest thing goes awry. We recommend a quick hit of crystal meth to get yourself intensely focused. Instructions on obtaining this miracle drug will be given in the next Gossiper issue. You can also email haunter.admin@pokemonshowdown.com for a list of drug dealers in your immediate area. The password is "salami pants."

- making your team
You could look at the usage stats for your tier, Smogon's Pokedex, the viability rankings, or use a team on the RMT forums, but you need to learn how to do this crap on your own without relying on outside help. Randomly pick six numbers from one to, like, a little over seven hundred. I think that's how many Pokemon there are. Multiply those six numbers by two, subtract them by your birth date, then focus really hard on your first love. Yeah, her. What would she say? "You should stop playing Pokemon." Forget about her. Move on. God knows she doesn't respond to your texts anymore no matter how hard you pour your heart out. I mean, why is she so mad? Can't she see how important Pokemon is? Just move on. Take a deep breath. Maybe have a beer. Or some crystal meth.

Oh, right. making the team? Just throw some damn Pokemon together. Who cares about synergy and all that?

- getting out of ELO Hell

- not losing focus

- Don't battle DrBigBallz666
Seriously. This guy has like a whole team of paralysis and flinch abusers. Oh, and a lot of Prankster shit, too. Who does that? He's such an asshole and he gets so lucky. I bet he's not even a real doctor.

- Change out Pokemon not working

- Get a healthy snack

- Just like, keep battling, and get lucky

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
I don't know about the ELO Hell tidbit because there are a couple of laddering articles already in a WIP stage though both are stalled as far as I know. Otherwise this looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)