The Gossiper

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Gossiper - The actual PS news outlet.

That could be like the little slogan. The Gossiper is a spinoff of www.theonion.com and The Oddish article that The Smog did. I'm intending for this not to be a rip off of them though.

Just like how an actual newspaper has categories for articles (eg. business, entertainment, sports, etc.), I'm going to have 4 categories for the articles and have one article for each category. The categories are Chat Rooms, The Ladder, Development, and Gossip.

Here's an idea I have for each category:

Chat Rooms: PS Leader jdarden vehemently opposes creation of new Health & Fitness room; wants to spend free time on PS eating junk food

The Ladder: User shadowkid117 loses ladder match due to glitch: then I would go into detail about how it's actually him failing to understand how Roost works.

Development: V4 to implement new /win command: if you are losing a battle solely due to hax, you can type /win to win the battle if PS calculates that you have been haxed badly enough

Gossip: The Immortal nominated for global driver: if it's fine with SteelEdges, an article that's very much like the thread he posted. You guys know which thread I'm talking about. It would be about all of The Immortal's great qualities and how they are what we look for in a global driver.

Obviously there could be tons of other ideas but those are "news article" ideas I have now. This could also potentially be a recurring series in which I keep the same categories and just do more, but we'll see.

I really like this idea. You can go on ahead with it. Scene suggested that the name could use improvement but personally I like it. We can change that at a later date in The Kiln if needed. Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)