Porygon2 @ Leftovers ** Technus
Trait: Trace
EVs: 168 HP / 106 Def / 138 SAtk / 98 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic

Good starter, can take a UnSTABed Fighting attack.

Heracross (M) @ Salac Berry ** KnightLord
Trait: Guts
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Endure
- Megahorn
- Reversal
- Rock Slide

Endrevver. This has helped me a lot, and I think that Endure is somewhat better than Substitute

Salamence (M) @ Lum Berry ** TheBeast
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide

Octillery (M) @ Leftovers ** Tentacle
Trait: Suction Cups
EVs: 160 HP / 108 Atk / 72 Def / 112 SAtk / 56 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Surf
- Thunder Wave

Has some Blissey problems, thinking about going with HP Fighting over Thunder Wave

Zapdos @ Leftovers ** Oblivious
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 52 HP / 50 Def / 250 Spd / 108 SAtk / 50 SDef
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt

Has some Swampert issues, thinking about HP Grass

Cradily (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Suction Cups
EVs: 128 HP / 76 Atk / 168 Def / 136 SDef
Hardy Nature (Neutral)
- Barrier
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

This thing can take Ice attacks very well

I'm going to change Cradily's nature soon. For one, my team has some problems going against Suicune, Raikou, Snorlax and Blissey, as well as Tyrannitar. Any suggestions?

See, the thing I have with this team is that there really isn't any strategy behind it. I do respect the idea of using BL/UU Pokemon though, but when you're going to use them in OU, you have to consider your counters better. Also, look at the sets in the dex more. If Cradily is your physical wall, then you won't leave it in on Ice attacks unless you're going to use Mirror Coat, which would in fact give it a better element of suprise. (If you do that, use Mirror Coat over Toxic). With Heracross, it's hard to do anything with it if Tyranitar is everywhere, so use a different set or use a different Pokemon all together. With DDmence, you would be better off with Fire Blast > Rock Slide since you don't have Magneton.

Also, with Porygon2, Thunder Wave > Toxic might be more beneficial since its incapacitory nature is better suited to a team like this.

Octillery is the thing that I don't get though. Why are you using it? You would be better off with a Special Sweeper that can do something IMO. It does not have the durability for OU. Maybe you should use Starmie or Suicune or Milotic in place of it since Starmie can Rapid Spin, Suicune can set up and sweep and help take hits, and Milotic can help take status, spread some Toxic, or set up a Light Screen, all of which can be beneficial.

Since I really don't have too much knowledge on this stuff, I just take pokemon I think can fit and stick them together. I think a Rapid Spinner like Starmie would work, but since I need a good tank, I guess Suicune would work better. I guess SD Hera would suite me better as well, or the ST version. With Cradily, I do have problems with Weezing as well. I don't in general think about specific counters on my team, which causes me to have problems.

When you're making a team, consider things like how you will take status, take out foes, etc and then think about how you would deal with certain things that are especially common like Snorlax, Weezing, Skarmory, Swampert, Tyranitar, Flygon, and things like that.

Okay, so I worked on my team a litttle bit, and heres what I got:

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Taunt

Standard. Gets rid of annoying EndRevver Hera's

Heracross (M) @ Salac Berry ** KnightLord
Trait: Guts
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Brick Break
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Salac to give me the upper advantage

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 167 HP / 31 Atk / 136 Def / 176 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Curse
- Rest
- Shadow Ball

Absorbs statuses, takes hits like nothing

Starmie @ Leftovers ** GoldenJewel
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 156 HP / 56 Def / 138 Spd / 104 SAtk / 56 SDef
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf

Rapid Spinner.

Zapdos @ Leftovers ** Oblivious
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 52 HP / 50 Def / 250 Spd / 108 SAtk / 50 SDef
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt

Switch-in to sleep attacks. Really works

Jirachi @ Leftovers ** GenieInALamp
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 32 Spd / 100 SAtk
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Light Screen
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Wish

Support for the team

I also need a good Swampert counter as well, maybe Weezing over Hera?

If you're going to Salac and use T-tar, you may as well use Swarm over Guts for Heracross' trait. If you're going to voluntarily take a poison or burn and use Sand Stream without leftovers on cross, you're going to have 1-3 turns before status+Sand+opponent's attack kills you. With Swarm, you'll have to be careful and NOT take statuses, but Starmie can switch in on any status and Natural Cure it, Snorlax and Jirachi can both take poison, and Zapdos can rest off any status. Also, Swarmed Megahorns are a pain in the ass if you're on the receiving end (/gross pun).

Anything that I need to counter? I was thinking Swampert and Celebi, sinceI had trouble with those two

Set Jirachi's nature to Calm. It needs the speed more than attack (especially if you're going to pump Speed EVs into it). Typewise you seem pretty solidly covered. I don't really like Tyranitar as a starter, but whatever. =/

Alright then, I guess Zapdos is lead then. I figured out it doesn't matter about Celebi and Swampert since Snorlax counters them both, and Jirachi is calm now. Thanks for the help, if any more advice please tell me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)