The Gen 4-Style Gen 5 and Beyond Backsprite Resource

Ladies and gentlemen, Dipplin has arrived. Oh yeah, he brought some friends, too.

Dipplin
DIPPLIN.png
DIPPLIN.png

Wattrel (upscaled from leParagon's 64x64 sprite)
WATTREL.png
WATTREL.png

Kilowattrel (upscaled from leParagon's 64x64 sprite)
KILOWATTREL.png
KILOWATTREL.png

Gogoat (upscaled and adjusted from the Smogon backsprite)
GOGOAT.png
GOGOAT.png

Edit: corrected some details on Dipplin's sprite now that we have a better view of the model, and added its shiny form.

Last edited:
Lots of new sprites

Hisuian Lilligant, expanded from Red7246's 64x64 sprite
LILLIGANT_1.png
LILLIGANT_1.png

Mareanie, upscaled from leParagon's 64x64 sprite
MAREANIE.png
MAREANIE.png

Toxapex, upscaled from leParagon's 64x64 sprite
TOXAPEX.png
TOXAPEX.png

Duraluldon, upscaled from the Smogon Spriting Project's Gen 5 backsprite
DURALUDON.png
DURALUDON.png

Archaludon
ARCHALUDON.png
ARCHALUDON.png

Farigiraf
FARIGIRAF.png
FARIGIRAF.png

Tinkatink
TINKATINK.png
TINKATINK.png

Tinkatuff
TINKATUFF.png
TINKATUFF.png

Tinkaton, hammer borrowed from GriloKapu10's 64x64 backsprite
TINKATON.png
TINKATON.png

Hydrapple
HYDRAPPLE.png
HYDRAPPLE.png

Also went ahead and corrected details on Hisuian Sliggoo and Goodra; turns out they only have 1 spot per cheek, unlike the Kalos form, which has two.

Hisuian Sliggoo
SLIGGOO_1.png
SLIGGOO_1.png

Hisuian Goodra
GOODRA_1.png
GOODRA_1.png

Lots of new sprites

Hisuian Lilligant, expanded from Red7246's 64x64 sprite
View attachment 590882 View attachment 590883

Mareanie, upscaled from leParagon's 64x64 sprite
View attachment 590884 View attachment 590885

Toxapex, upscaled from leParagon's 64x64 sprite
View attachment 590886 View attachment 590887

Duraluldon, upscaled from the Smogon Spriting Project's Gen 5 backsprite
View attachment 590888 View attachment 590889

Archaludon
View attachment 590890 View attachment 590891

Farigiraf
View attachment 590892 View attachment 590893

Tinkatink
View attachment 590894 View attachment 590895

Tinkatuff
View attachment 590896 View attachment 590897

Tinkaton, hammer borrowed from GriloKapu10's 64x64 backsprite
View attachment 590898 View attachment 590899

Hydrapple
View attachment 590900 View attachment 590901

Also went ahead and corrected details on Hisuian Sliggoo and Goodra; turns out they only have 1 spot per cheek, unlike the Kalos form, which has two.

I love these! Thank you for the effort in making them. I was looking for some sprites of the new mons like Archaludon for example.

Hey, I wasn't really 100% happy with the Hisuian Typhlosion KRLW890 made (it was a good sprite, but the ears were not hanging, and it didn't look sleepy enough. The flames could also be improved), so I tried to make a new one using the colors of the front sprite made by KingOfThe-X-Roads. I also thought the Slither Wing sprites by NanaelJustice could use some more detailing on the horns, so I made a slight change to those as well. I hope both of these were okay to make?

Edit: I also found a back sprite of Scovillain made by Carmanekko and noticed that it was taking up 192x192 pixels instead of 160x160 despite being Gen 4-styled. So I shrunk it down and re-edited it to match the other Gen 4 back sprites.
Also added Milcery and Wooloo, but unsure if someone's already made those?

Hisuian Typhlosion
TYPHLOSION_1.png
TYPHLOSION_1.png

Slither Wing (original by NanaelJustice)

SLITHERWING.png
SLITHERWING.png

Scovillain (downscaled and edited from Carmanekko's 192x192 sprite)
SCOVILLAIN.png
SCOVILLAIN.png

Milcery (upscaled and edited from leParagon's 64x64 sprite)
MILCERY.png
MILCERY.png

Wooloo (upscaled and edited from leParagon's 64x64 sprite)
WOOLOO.png
WOOLOO.png

Last edited:
Hey, don't know if just about anyone can post here, but I wasn't really 100% happy with the Hisuian Typhlosion KRLW890 made (the ears were not hanging, and it didn't look sleepy enough. The flames could also be improved), so I tried to make a new one using the colors of the front sprite made by KingOfThe-X-Roads. I also thought the Slither Wing sprites by KRLW890 could use some more detailing on the horns, so I made a slight change to those as well. I hope both of these were okay to make?

Edit: I also found a back sprite of Scovillain in one of the backsprite packs made for the community on Relic Castle. Couldn't find a credit for it, but noticed that it - despite being made in the style of Gen 4 back sprites - was taking up 192x192 pixels instead of 160x160, and it was touching both walls of the canvas. So I shrunk it down and re-edited it to match the other Gen 4 back sprites. Credit goes to whoever made the original, all I did was edit it to match the other sprites. Also added Milcery and Wooloo, but unsure if someone's already made those?

Hisuian Typhlosion
View attachment 615165View attachment 615164

Slither Wing

View attachment 615156View attachment 615157

Scovillain
View attachment 616357View attachment 616358

Milcery (upscaled and edited from leParagon's 64x64 sprite)
View attachment 616365View attachment 616366

Wooloo (upscaled and edited from leParagon's 64x64 sprite)
View attachment 616664View attachment 616665
Looked for the Scovillian credit and found that the original sprite was made by Carmanekko. Additionally, the Slither Wing was originally made by NanaelJustice on Relic Castle, I just posted it here (with their permission).

I liked the Skeledirge sprite that NanaelJustice made, but still felt something was off about its "hair" and the way its head was turning, so I put together a new one by upscaling and editing one of the 64x64 sprites from the "DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64" at PokéCommunity.
Saw we didn't have Hisuian Samurott and Walking Wake either yet, so I did the same with those, but also re-colored them using the colors of KingOfThe-X-Roads' front sprites. The guys over at PokéCommunity have yet to give credit to the artists, but states they're working on it, so I'll be updating this with proper credits once they finish that. I hope that's okay? Unless it's not okay to use their sprites, I'll likely continue with some of the other ones that're missing.

Edit: Grammar, spoiler, and a pixel error

Skeledirge
SKELEDIRGE.png
SKELEDIRGE.png

Hisuian Samurott
SAMUROTT_1.png
SAMUROTT_1.png

Walking Wake
WALKINGWAKE.png
WALKINGWAKE.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)