Tournament The Finals of the NeverUsed Premier League - [Won by The Pile of Swines]

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
I don't even know how to start this post. I think the best way to go is by congratulating the Krabs on a great season and for bringing us down to a tiebreaker in the finals. You guys had a super strong showing by sweeping us SM, beating us during regular season and proving to everyone that you guys were a very strong team. I'm sorry how some games went down with luck but I think our series was a very good one and luck evened out at the end. I'd like to commend Earthworm and Jytcampbell especially for having very dominating performances, but all of you guys left me very impressed.

That said, I'd like to talk about The Pile of Swines now. We won! I'm really happy we managed to win the whole thing after a shaky season to say the least. We started off super strong and I thought we were definitely going to be a top contender after our start, but then some of our weaknesses started to show and it wasn't looking good by the end of regular season. We had a 3-0 start to the tournament and our performance dropped so hard after it that we nearly didn't qualify for playoffs. We took a super rough loss to the Oshes, which I thought was the end of our season for sure. With Garay coming back and us clutching playoffs on the last few games, I knew we still had a lot of potential to win the tournament, or at the very least to have a much better performance than what we showed on our last weeks.

Talking a little bit about myself, I'd like to apologize to my fellow Swines for my constant misbehavior throughout the season. I know I have a very strong personality and that I often take jokes the wrong way or act rude or arrogant when you guys are feeling down. I know none of you like to lose, and if I ever made you feel worse over a loss because of my own arrogance I can only apologize for my actions and hope you guys can forgive me. It's funny that I felt the need to criticize every single play you guys made (even when you won), but I couldn't take a joke from Jarii when Teddeh outplayed me for an entire game. Looking back at it, I did that very often and it was definitely not a good attitude from a teammate, especially a manager. I guess deep down I just didn't want to admit how much I cared about this tournament, but we all make mistakes and I was definitely wrong many times by acting the way I did. I'd mention your names specifically, but this apology goes out to anyone on the Swines who felt bad over something I said or how I acted at any point in the tournament. I'm truly sorry and I hope to do better in the future.

Shoutouts:
Garay oak - one of the clutchest players and best teammates I've had the opportunity to team with. When I first came up with my draft plan I really didn't have the intention to draft you, but after the tournament started I realized you were such a steal and one of our most valuable picks we had for sure. We looked very strong with you on our lineup, and the season was basically falling apart when you had to go for a while. You certainly proved you were worth every cent when you came up though. Your return boosted our team morale for playoffs, your performance was nearly perfect in every single match you played and your support to all of our tiers was amazing. It's so impressive that you were gone for 5 or 6 weeks and still managed to clutch a 6-0 record by the end of the season. I'm really glad I had the chance to team with you and congratulations on your awesome performance.
Insult - one of the most dedicated and chill guys on the team for sure. You saved our season at the end there, clutching the tie on a super tough matchup even when playing under unfavorable conditions (playing after a hella long day and a delayed flight at a hotel lounge lol). You could've easily ended undefeated this season, as you were definitely the unluckiest player on our team by far. I felt bad watching you lose over bullshit every other week, but I think your performance was really solid and you proved to be a great player, especially when we needed most. I'm glad I had the chance to get to know you and team with you bro.
DeepBlueC - bro, your record doesn't do you justice at all. You were definitely our unluckiest player alongside Insult. So many of your losses could've been wins if you didn't get insanely unlucky in all of your games. I appreciate the fact that you were straightforward with me from the very first moment I drafted you, and you honestly left a very positive impression on me by dedicating yourself week after week despite having no support in DPP from anyone on our team. Thanks for being one of the nicest guys I've met and for trying every week to win your games and bring solid teams. That's all I asked for and you delivered for sure.
Lopunny Kicks - is a Vileplume (EDIT: and Cinccino) addict. I remember I saw your name in the player list and I knew I had to draft you. No way an OST finalist could have a bad performance in NUPL. I'm glad I was absolutely right, as you came into this tournament with very little experience in NU but still managed to achieve a super solid record, while playing very well in most of your games. Your season was nearly perfect, a super impressive feat for someone who just got into the tier. You were one of the carries of our team for sure, winning every week and proving to everyone what a great player you are.
Kingler12345 - the LOAFER. Honestly you were one of the most random picks for me in the draft. I didn't know who else to buy and I felt like you might randomly know how to play NU, so you felt like a solid pickup for 8.5k. I was wrong as fuck LMAO. You played the worst game I ever saw in your first win, where you had an NP Golbat that swept from turn 1 and instead you let yourself get outplayed for 40 turns straight and almost threw the game away. I was mad as hell after that game, but you did win at the end, and honestly I can't complain about your performance as a teammate in this tournament at all. You were there when we needed you at every moment, always willing to test and play and always making the chat a more positive place to come back to. Honestly bro, you're such a fun guy to be around and your dedication was more than I could've asked for, so thank you for being a great teammate.
-Tsunami- - the fucking WOAT. Honestly you were such a lazy piece of shit useless teammate that I def don't think buying your ass was worth it. For real though, at the end of the day you did play every week when we needed you to, and you actually had some surprisingly decent showings in bo3. At times I thought "dude, Shake's so good, that's why he's one of the players with most trophies in Smogon history. That's why he won The Smogon Classic", and at times I thought "this man really is so dumb he thinks Sky Attack works like Fly". The latter came to mind more often than the first, but I do reckon you tried your best given your laziness and it was unfair of me to slot you into GSC NU at those first few weeks when you had no idea how to play it. I still think you had some good games overall, and as a person you're just hilarious. Congrats on winning the Swine of Eternal Improvement!
col49 - the goat himself. I remember immediately after I drafted you someone came up to me and said "you really just paid 7k on col? Are you insane?" to which I said "isn't he good as fuck?" to which they said "you'll be lucky if he plays 2 games for you this season". Man I am so glad that you proved everyone wrong. Your performance was honestly the best I could've hoped for from any player. From a competitive perspective, you're one of the smartest players around, winning for us across the board in all of SM, BW, DPP, ADV and I think you even played ORAS at one point. Your creativity in all those tiers is something I've never seen before, as you were able to constantly come up with your own strats in each of them and always make them work. You were flexing with Gurdurr + CB Drudd in SM, Block Lickilicky in DPP, always had something up your sleeve in ADV... even in finals tiebreaker with Vigoroth! Your play in-game was nearly perfect too, as you always knew what to do to increase your odds of winning and you showed some super dominant performances throughout this tournament. And that's not even mentioning your brilliant mind for EV spreading, something I've never seen before from any player on the site. From a social perspective, you're just a super nice guy to be around, and your activity when certainly more than enough to carry us this entire tournament. I'm really glad I had the opportunity to team with you and meet you, and I'll certainly try to take your perspective in teambuilding into my future tournaments and games for sure. Congratulations on winning the Swine of the Season, it was really well-deserved.
EviGaro - kinda like Lopunny Kicks, when I first saw your name on the spreadsheet I just knew I had to buy you. There's no way an SPL level player could have a bad performance in this tournament. And I was right once again. I think I told you this at one point, but I legit didn't know how good you were until you started dominating this tour. Every week you played amazingly well, willing to bring different stuff and boosting a 5-0 record at the start. Your record ended up great, and you were one of the carries of this team for sure. I remember after you beat me in NU Majors I knew you were the real deal, and I sure hope I have the chance to team with you again because I know you're capable of playing great games even when stakes are high or certain scenarios don't favor you (bad luck or bad matchups).
Chaitanya - up and coming fire player. Honestly bro, you were definitely the most random pick of the tournament. I saw your name come up and I think it was obii who told me you were going to be on East for WCoP. I was like "who tf is he" and he said "bro he's FIRE he's a monotype main" and I was like "bro I have to buy this man". People were right to hype you up because you certainly have a really good notion of how to play the game. I think you weren't very familiar with NU at all, but when we needed you to play you were playing better than many of this tier's veterans. Doubling around with confidence, having a very nice notion of how to play your endgames and just overall putting up a super solid performance. You had some rough matchups in playoffs but you still played solid games trying until the very end. You're a super funny and chill dude and I'm very glad I had the chance to meet you.
passion - the love of my life. passion, you had one of the best games of all time when we first slotted you into SM, into the worst choke of all time when you lost the following week. I remember after your win I was like "thank GOD we FINALLY found our last SM slot lol" and then after your L I was like "bro you're some hot trash". That said, I knew you were willing to play at any point in the tournament, and I knew you were disappointed with how you lost that game. Honestly I'm sorry I didn't give you more opportunities to play, because you were a super active and fun presence in our chat and I know you are a great player. You were hyping the team up until the very end and you're a super nice guy to have around.
Sam - bro... you're so fire. You're definitely the carry of the team. Honestly your constant losses week after week were an inspiration for everyone else to up their game. We were in a very rough spot at one point when Garay was away, because we had to deal with a 22k deficit from his departure + a guaranteed loss in the ADV slot, but that's when we all felt the pressure and knew we had to play our best. When I first came up with my draft plan I wanted to draft a team super stacked in old gens, with M Dragon and HSA dominating in ADV and GSC. I ended up with you and Shake instead for those 2 tiers, but your performance was miles better than M Dragon's as you did provide a constant reason for the rest of the team to overperform. Thank you, Sam! Congrats on winning the Swine Beyond Hope award.
Jarii - definitely the most underrated pick of the tournament imo. I still can't believe I got you for 3k. You were in many ways the real manager of this team, as your support in every tier was off the charts and you're such a tryhard that at times I thought I was looking at a dutch version of Finchinator. You were definitely the guy that cared the most, always doing your best to build teams for everyone and help us with scouts and suggestions. Our SM players had an amazing streak using your teams only, and that's because you have such a creative mind for building and very cool ideas that I love to see. Not just that, but despite you wanting to play SM throughout the whole tournament you played almost every week in ORAS because the team needed you to, and you delivered great results nonetheless. Thank you for being an extraordinary teammate, for always doing your best to help people bring the best teams possible and for being a super nice guy to talk to.
byronthewellwell - LOL I fucking love you bro. Idk if I ever apologized to you for not giving you more chances to play. From week 1 you PMed me telling me to sub your ass in, but I only gave you a chance in the middle of week 2 when Garay dipped and you had to play Finch in bo3. I just slotted you in there and gave you 0 support, and after you lost I just didn't give you more chances to show your worth. I'm so glad I got you though, because you clutched for us by winning 6-0 in finals when our DPP slot was 1-7 and theirs was 7-1. Your complete domination boosted our comeback for sure, and you're one of the most hilarious dudes to be around. Man I'm really glad I had the chance to meet you.

To the people outside the team:
Eo Ut Mortus deserves the most special shoutout for being my co-manager through this whole thing. The Swine Awards were probably the only reason why I didn't nuke the channel after we kept losing repeatedly, and I'm glad I was able to snatch a few ones to my personal collection. Love you my cow mate.
HSA for being the goat GSC NU player and saving our asses in this god awful tier. Our GSC was terrible in this tour until we added you to the chat and started using your teams, which then elevated our performance by 10000%. Thanks for coming up with the craziest but smartest ideas and for sharing them with me, and for being one of my best friends on this site.
Chokepic came to our channel and just helped us out when we needed the most. Constantly supporting us with teams and scouts, you were such a nice addition to the channel and I'm really glad I had the chance to meet you.
MetalGro$$ deserves a special one for being added due to having our logo as his avatar. Great guy and nice avatar.
Finchinator for being a class act, a great player and for helping us out a lot in playoffs.
Ren-chon for helping us out a LOT in finals despite leading our SM to an 0-4 sweep. Jokes aside, you're one of the smartest players in this tier and I'm glad you were with us for the end.
lax for being the buddy who I talked to the most outside the team about NUPL. You're the NU goat and I'm sorry we weren't able to have our teams play in finals like we intended to when we went into the draft, but I'm glad y'all joined us and helped us in the end. This goes out to everyone in the Pablo Sands who joined our channel, thanks for making the end of the season even more fun!

Much love,

Last edited:
We did it swines! First of all I apologize for being gone for almost 6 weeks, but it was something I had to do. It was a very fun tour nonetheless, especially the last two weeks. Grats to the krabs too for their great run and for taking us to tiebreak, well done. I'm not satisfied with my oras performance (2-3, I played pretty badly tbh) but at the end of the day I was still undefeated in SM and had a good overall record. Brief shoutouts:
elodin for drafting me and being the most amusing manager, going from "yo we lose af" to "NVM we win" to "yo we suck LMAO" in the span of 3 turns.
col49 for playing more games than in his entire mons career and carrying hard (he clutched both tiebreakers), while being very fun to talk to.
Jarii for being the biggest tryhard during my absence and basically carrying our SM in reg season.
EviGaro and Lopunny Kicks for having great records despite not playing the tier.
Chaitanya for playing better than many NU mains despite being a checks notes monotype main.
byronthewellwell for 6-0ing heysup in finals after being benched the entire season.
Insult for playing the spikes simulator for us and clutching the tie in a crazy final game.
Sam -Tsunami- for carrying the team incredibly hard.
passion Kingler12345 for winning a couple of clutch games and being the life of the party.
Eo Ut Mortus for coming up w the swine awards, the only reason why this team didnt fall apart.
Finchinator for being USELESS
Ren-chon Chokepic for being more useful than 80% of our team even if our SM got swept in finals.
HSA for being the only reason why our gsc wasnt 0-X
MetalGro$$ for being the official team mascot tm
obii for randomly linking our server in pablos chat when they lost the tiebreaker to krabs.
lax FLCL TDK Bouff ebeast and other pablos who joined for making our chat actually lively (it was dead when I came back in week 7 and it looked like smogtours during a bro fist game when we were in finals) and helping w teams and ideas for finals.

See y'all in slam and snake

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)