Tournament The Epic Casual Duomod Gaming Tournament [Won by Sceon]

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Hey guys! Round 2 is starting, but I have a few things to say before announcing the matches!

First off, rather than being out of the tournament, everyone who lost last round was sent to a "standby" list. There are some Player Wheel results now in play that can reinvite people who are on this standby list, and three of those people are back in the tournament, those being r1dude, Regic Boat, and Paulluxx. If you aren't one of those people, don't fret; you will still be able to rejoin if given the opportunity. In addition, you are still able to sign up late for this tournament, but if you choose to, you will automatically be put on this standby list and there will be no guarantee that you can play. If you want off of this list at any time, you are free to DM me.

In addition, I have every Duomod Tour replay I could grab here. This includes the ones played on my server, but those lack sprites. Currently have downloaded and have yet to upload Paulluxx and Lavarina's games, and rkcbb and Humanberrito's first two games are lost to time thanks to issues with my server randomly resetting.

Anyways, let's get on with patch notes between Round 1 and Round 2, then everyone's matches for the week...

deliriophage.png
hyperoach.png

(reverted back to normal)

mortemoth.png
(Mortemoth changed by Regic Boat)
50/43/43/130/120/123 -> 70/43/43/130/120/123
Now learns U-Turn

1658165214041.png
(restrictions provided by Sceon, no sprite yet so have a cute dall-e mini generation)
Badgearth | Steel/Ground | 58/109/112/48/48/109 | Regenerator
Aqua Tail, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Earthquake, First Impression, Poison Jab, Swords Dance, Taunt, Toxic, X-Scissor, Stomping Tantrum, Corrosive Gas, Flip Turn, Dual Wingbeat

So Sceon gave me the following - Darmanitan's stats, Gulp Missile, Steel/Ground, and Haxorus's viable moves + Isle of Armor moves, and with his Player Wheel I had to make a Pokemon out of two of those four things that would be available for the rest of the tournament. Out of this came Badgearth. Its defensive typing is deceptively not that great here, just about every physical attacker has coverage for this in some capacity, but it will be very difficult to wear down thanks to immunity to Toxic and Stealth Electric alongside Regen. Dragon Dance and Swords Dance sets are both possible and it gets First Impression too. This Pokemon will be available for the rest of the mod.

Anyways, let's move on!

Squawkerz vs. Mr.Bossaru
Squawkerz - Give Duo one of each of the following: a legal typing, ability, movepool, or stat spread. He will make a Pokemon out of those that will be legal for the rest of the tournament. Note that none of this can include anything from the six removed types. [NOTE - Squawkerz did not respond in time! If you see this, Squawk, you are able to respond whenever, but the Fakemon resulting from this will only be legal starting next round.]
Mr.Bossaru - Any players who have won or lost against an opponent 6-0 re-enter the tournament. [NOTE - No players were effected by this.]

rkcbb vs. Ema Skye
rkcbb - You now have one get out of jail free card! If you use it, you can block any one wheel effect that another player gets.
Ema Skye - A quarter of all players on the standby list get brought into the bracket. [NOTE - This included Regic Boat and r1dude.]

lavarina vs. r1dude
lavarina - Your opponent must announce the plays they choose for the first three turns of the first battle, excluding their lead choice. Any attempt to be deceitful will automatically disqualify them.
r1dude - For your next bo3, the Roulette Wheel spins twice per turn. These matches must be done on Duo's private server, so let him know when you are battling!

Moretto vs. Paulluxx
Moretto - For all three battles, your opponent must show their first Pokemon on their team's entire moveset. Lying about this will result in disqualification.
Paulluxx - Any players who have won or lost against an opponent 6-0 re-enter the tournament. [NOTE - No players were effected by this.]

Regic Boat vs. Sceon
Regic Boat - Make ONE buff, nerf, or ban that applies to every battle this round. [NOTE - Mortemoth.]
Sceon - Give Duo one of each of the following: a legal typing, ability, movepool, or stat spread. He will make a Pokemon out of those that will be legal for the rest of the tournament. Note that none of this can include anything from the six removed types. [NOTE - Badgearth.]

Tristar0722 vs. ViZar
Tristar0722 - For your next bo3, half of the legal Pokemon will be banned. This applies to both you and your opponent. The list of those Pokemon will be randomized. [NOTE - List is in the hide tab below.]
ViZar - You get to choose one eliminated player to re-enter the tournament. [NOTE - He chose Paulluxx. You should thank ViZar when you get the chance!]
- LEGAL -
Annelait
Azurolt
Badgearth
Baloon
Baloon-Popped
Baloon-Water
Crazefly
Crypterid
Detonuke
Fluxtape-Radio
Grievenge
Hyperoach
Jewelode
Lemotic
Monstratus
Pterrost
Spirox-Ancient
Spirox-Ripped
Valianch

- BANNED -
Abysseil
Catelax
Deliriophage
Draglow
Draxplosion
Fairydisc
Fluidrake
Fluxtape
Fluxtape-Stereo
Gorilax
Jellyolk
Lumineel
Modolith
Mortemoth [R2]
Pokat
Spirox
Spisces
Treemu

If you would like to play Randbats with this list of Pokemon, please let me know! I can modify Randbats on my server to only give these Pokemon.

Since I didn't make any clear mention of this, this may be a Solomod, but if ANYONE has ANY complaints over balance, you're free to message me about it. I want this to be as enjoyable of an experience as possible for everyone, both with and without the tournament, and I'll take any steps necessary to consider you all when changing this mod. Otherwise, that's it! You have until 11:59 PM EST on July 24th to finish your games. Best of luck!

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
so two mistakes i need to mention

First one is that I intended to change freeze so each Pokemon has a 50% chance to thaw after each turn and that you cannot be frozen longer than 3 turns. I coded this, but never actually put the changes on DH. This fix will be live soon.

Second, I asked a few people I know outside of this community if they were interested in joining. Since they don't really use Smogon that much, normally I would make a group chat with them and their opponents on Discord, and I forgot to do this when I opened last round and only ended up remembering two days ago. While most of them have finished their games quickly, I'll be giving an extension to Regic Boat and Sceon so they can finish their games. If they haven't planned their game by July 26th at 11:59 PM GMT-4, I'll hand out a DQ. Regardless of whether or not they've planned out when to play by then, I'll post the other Round 3 games then.

Other than that, I guess I can mention I'll be holding a community survey after R3 finishes, but otherwise that's about it. Hope you guys have been enjoying the tour so far!

DuoM2

whao
Now we're in Round 3, two weeks away from the finals! Replays will be up soon. Otherwise, patch notes!

Mortemoth changes were not reverted. I kinda like them and they fit the spirit of the mon. Also, I meant to nerf both Spirox and Modolith but forgot, Power of Two now only boosts Sp. Atk by 1.3x and Raging Beast only boosts your highest stat with a 20% chance after each turn. I think both Pokemon have the potential to become insanely scary otherwise and just want to be safe. I also mistakenly left Hyperoach's ability like how it was for Round 1, but that's been fixed now. We don't want Hype Overload to do too much stuff, now do we?

fleetle.png
fleetle.png
(guidance provided by Tristar0722)
Fleetle (currently named Helivery on DH) | Steel/Flying | 85/85/85/85/85/85 | Queen of Roulette
Learns Brave Bird, Iron Head, Drill Peck, Hurricane, Flash Cannon, Doom Desire, Air Slash, Defog, Roost, Will-o-Wisp, Thunder Wave, Taunt, U-Turn, Knock Off, Whirlwind, Stealth Electric, Spikes

I was told to make a Pokemon that was Steel/Ghost with Queen of Roulette, low stats, and an extremely good movepool... but Ghost doesn't exist here, so we settled on Steel/Flying. Being a Steel that doesn't care about Ground stuff is REALLY good and will almost certainly give this at least some niche to deal with Crypterid and Lemotic, two Pokemon that I think are very threatening right now. It also has basically every move you could want it to so that's cool.

shroominesce.png
shroominesce.png
(restrictions provided by J2__PT in absence of Squawkerz)
Shroominesce | Electric/Grass | 60/60/60/110/110/95 | Analytic
Learns Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Moonlight, Defog, De-defog, Dewy Flowers, Dirty Scheme, Skitter Out

So since Squawk hasn't been talking I didn't want to rob you guys of a Pokemon, so I instead gave it to a close friend. He suggested the stat spread of 110/110/110/80/110/80, Electric/Grass, Analytic, and a movepool I won't get into. I chose to take the ability and typing while staying true to the concept of his Pokemon. I made it a bit faster to make Analytic more clearly geared towards switching. Should be great with Badgearth and Draxplosion, offensive voltturn isn't something we really got to see before and I'm giving it a boost here.

Tristar0722 vs. Sceon
Tristar0722 - You get to add one Fakemon of your choice and your changes will apply for the rest of the tournament. [NOTE - Fleetle.]
Sceon - Unless both players agree to play Randbats, one of your opponent's teams must have at least one type shared across three of their Pokemon, like having three Steel-types on a team for example.

Paulluxx vs. Mr.Bossaru
Paulluxx - Your opponent must announce the plays they choose for the first three turns of the first battle. Any attempt to be deceitful will automatically disqualify them.
Mr.Bossaru - For all three battles, your opponent must show their first Pokemon on their team's entire moveset. Lying about this will result in disqualification.

lavarina vs. rkcbb
lavarina - Both you and your opponent automatically move on to the next round regardless of who wins or loses. [NOTE - Congratulations, you got a broken one! I'd like for you both to play regardless. I'll also be rigging bracket from here on out so if at all possible, you two do not fight each other any time soon in any future rounds.]
rkcbb - For your next bo3, unless you both agree to play Randbats, your opponent must use the same team through their first two games.

That's about it! The bugfixes technically aren't live on DH yet, but Fleetle and Shroominesce both are, even if Fleetle's name is still "Helivery." Those two also don't have sprites yet. Ideally you all wait to do your games until the update shows their sprites in the teambuilder, but otherwise, you have until July 31st at 11:59 PM GMT-4 to complete your games. See you then!

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
Huh. Bossaru got two accidental bye rounds? Kinda busted tbh. I'd come up with a funny way to punish that if I had any ideas... I'll get to uploading replays for Round 2 and Round 3 soon. Until then, here's Round 4! Games will be rigged because I don't want rkcbb and lavari to fight again + I have two very close friends still in this and I don't want them to eliminate each other lmao

sharmpedo.png
sharmpedo.png
(original design by me when i was 13, resprite and guidance both from Sceon)
Sharmpedo | Water/Dragon | 70/110/70/90/65/105 | Stakeout
Learns Flip Turn, Dragon Hammer, First Impression, Scale Shot, Liquidation, Thousand Waves, Poison Fang, Spirit Break, Earthquake, Iron Head, Leech Life, Splishy Splash, Core Enforcer, Hydro Pump, Scald, Draco Meteor, Earth Power

I removed this thing from Duomod in the crossing between v2 and v3 because I didn't want this mod to have anything I made as a 13-year-old if I was expecting it to have actual play, but Sceon knows me well enough to ironically love this thing and forcibly added it back. I don't know if I've mentioned here, but I've shared on Discord that I plan on adding every Fakemon new to this tournament to the base mod, and that would include this had I not had legitimate reason to remove it in the first place. What I'll probably end up doing after the tournament is done is either asking him to or forcing myself to sprite a Fakemon that plays perfectly identical to this one, probably down to having the shark basis and possibly even the name too. Unless you people really want me to keep this thing.

Anyways, onto what this Pokemon actually does, out of the four Pokemon made for this tournament, this is the fourth pivot. This might be weird for the base format but considering how popular Randbats is, I am absolutely okay with that. Stakeout Flip Turn is crazy and its Speed isn't even too bad, this thing is going to do insanely well enabling offensive cores and it's not even like it has that bad of an offensive presence on its own. Just don't Flip Turn into an Annelait, that would be pretty bad.

Sceon vs. lavarina
Sceon - You get to add one Fakemon of your choice. It stays for the rest of the tournament. [NOTE - Sharmpedo.]
lavarina - You now have one golden ticket! If you use it before next round, you get to choose any player wheel effect that will apply to your next match.
lavarina chose - Your opponent must announce the plays they choose for the first three turns of the first battle. Any attempt to be deceitful will automatically disqualify them.

Mr.Bossaru vs. rkcbb
Mr.Bossaru - Both players must play Duomod Randbats instead.
rkcbb - For one game of your next bo3, each of your opponent's teams must have at least one Pokemon that knows 3 or less moves, excluding any Spirox form. Teams must be revealed after each battle. [NOTE - I clearly didn't think these wheel effects through when they combined with one another, it would be very difficult for me to code "Randbats but one person has 3 moves on one of their Pokemon and the other doesn't." Just play with Bossaru's and ignore this one.]

Sharmpedo update currently is not on DH so you'll have to ask me to play on the private server if you want to play before like tomorrow, but otherwise, you have until August 7th at 11:59 PM GMT-4 to complete your games. Let me know if you need a slight extension. Good luck!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)