Announcement the dragonknighte has seen enough and is going back to kanto

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
hey all,

With a dwindling interest, I don't really know what the plan is for future Pokemon related activities, and I do not feel it to be appropriate to not be involved as I should be and still hold the leadership position. As such, I'm going to be stepping down as Tier Leader. I don't intend to fully quit in the immediate future, but I don't know how much time I'll be putting in and don't really want to either feel like my position is a chore forcing certain levels of activity and involvement with the current metagame, nor do I want to put Lily in a position where I can't really help her with anything. I'm going to stick around on council for the time being, but yeah.

It's been a long time being involved with tiering on this website. I got added to OU Council extremely quickly into my time here, and quickly was promoted to TL. Between OU and UU I've been heavily involved with tiering, either by being a council member or TL, for just over six years now. It's been a very long time. Not trying to sound dramatic or anything, especially when I'm not even saying I'm quitting council, much less Pokemon in general, but it's kinda crazy to think about how long I've been around here.

Anyway, more importantly here: in my final act as TL, I'm going to be making yall deal with Indigo Plateau from now on. More seriously, IP is a great guy and a long term contributor to the UU community. He's an incredibly involved, active, and knowledgeable person and Lily and I have the utmost fate in him. Despite my best attempts to remove him from council by "forgetting" him when voting for quickbans and drops, he's been a Council member for the entire generation and is one of the few to have stuck around for this long.

That's pretty much it, nothing much will be changing except you all have to be careful what you say to IP now or he'll ban you from the UU Discord.

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
i make fun of ip the most but only because i love him, thanks for being there for me for anything even outside of pokemon and congratulations you deserve it

thanks to tdk too for helping run my favorite lower tier community, preciate you

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
I really couldn't have asked for a better co-leader to show me the ropes, even if you felt you could've done more or whatever- the impact you had on me was so much more than you realised. Hope you're proud of what we achieved in the short time we led together! (other than a certain overgrown axolotl...)

Congrats and welcome aboard IP, hope you're ready for endless rambling >:3

romanji

spring blooms
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Congrats Indigo “got tilted after 19-0 Thundurus suspect test ladder run was broken by Monky “My webs team might be the reason Ribombee goes to UU” 25” Plateau! I hope you have a good time as Tier Leader!

Edit: Thank you TDK for your leader status in both OU and UU. It was nice seeing someone be the tier leader of both of the meta games I play the most. Much love to you :blobwizard:

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I wish nothing but the best to you TDK and want to thank you for all the hard work you put into the tier to make it the best possible for us. And Congratulations to IP! This is a huge milestone, friend. Excited about what the future holds for us and for the tier, and I know you'll knock it out of the park!

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
So in fact I was meant to post before lol sorry for that, but better later than never.
In all seriousness, I'll prob just repeat what people said, but as people said, we all appreciate you and your contributions are something which left a mark in the tier.
Also, gz Indigo and let's go Latin America!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)