The CAP Kitchen: Non-Competitive Discussion Goes Here

I know I'm the one who named Pajantom's Stand as 「Hard Day's Night」, but 「Dragon Force」 or 「Hotel California」 work too really

I don't think it'd get a Mega, or that said mega would be broken. Bumping up to aroun 600 isn't insane since there's plenty 600s that are OU instead of Ubers.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
As said on Discord, I love your use of polygonal shapes! Baobab and lion look fantastic in your style.

As for me, I've been working on this little thing.

Thanks to Sunfished, Reviloja753, and Reiga for feedback. :)

Tagging Marty for implementation when the time comes.

Edit 5/6/18: Updated sprite to be more proportional.

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think Baobab-mon is a great opportunity to make some sort of Alola version of the CAP’s design, similar to Exeggutor. Just for flavor!

There are different species of baobabs with a pretty big geographic spread, everywhere from Africa to China.

Honestly it would have been cool to do this for the CAP in general given the dual weather concept (though that’s basically like making 2 CAPs since alola mons greatly differ from their original counterparts and therefore it’s not something our process can currently accomplish so I don’t mind that at all!)

Drawn by me from memory at a local food shop. This was done before Jumbao's name was officially revealed, which explains why the text shown reads "CAP 24" and mentions fellow user Pipotchi. Before the final product releases, we appear to only have movepools and sprites left. Thank you and congrats in advance to everyone who participated!

Hey guys, I have too much time and like Contest too much so I decided to try and give Paleo Wave some contest stats. I used similar moves as reference for stats.
Paleo Wave Contest Stats

Appeal Type: Tough

Justification: Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Ancient Power, and Sludge Wave all have a tough appeal.

Super Contest Stats:
Appeal: 2
Jamming: 0
Effect: +2 If pokemon performs first in a turn.

Justification: Heat Wave, Shock Wave, Stone Edge, and Ancient Power all give 2 appeal with an effect that gives +2 if a condition is met.
Heat Wave, and Shock Wave both give the +2 if performed in first turn.

Contest Spectacular Stats:
Appeal: 3
Jamming: 0
Effect: Brings down the energy of any Pokémon that have already used a move this turn.

Justification: Play Rough (sharing stat lowering trait), Sludge Wave, and Stone Edge all give 3 appeal with no jamming.
Sludge Wave and Play Rough tack on the "Brings down the energy of any Pokémon that have already used a move this turn." effect.

(Please feel free to critique and give better options for stats if you find anything, it'll be a fun little time waster)

Last edited:
Would this be the right forum to bring up some of my own Pokémon ideas? I ask because the non-official CAPs seem to be hosted here.

Currently working on a little something!
Oh my God, is that Block Bros.? I haven't played that in a while, yet I recognized it instantly! (Why can't I like this post?)

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
No, you cannot post your own personal Pokemon ideas anywhere in CAP. Sometimes this thread houses Flash CAPs/unofficial CAPs as you mentioned. However even these are the product of a portion of the CAP community and are not personal fakemon creations from an individual.

However, since CAP is a community project, that means you are able to join and chime in with the current creation, CAP25 (currently in its concept submission phase) as long as you abide by the project rules : )

No, you cannot post your own personal Pokemon ideas anywhere in CAP. Sometimes this thread houses Flash CAPs/unofficial CAPs as you mentioned. However even these are the product of a portion of the CAP community and are not personal fakemon creations from an individual.

However, since CAP is a community project, that means you are able to join and chime in with the current creation, CAP25 (currently in its concept submission phase) as long as you abide by the project rules : )
I ask because there used to be some sort of mini-forum that I posted my creations to (I think it was called the Create-A-Pokémon Kitchen, though there was also a group called Pokémon Industries), then the mini-forum got taken down. Sad times.

Anyways, out of curiosity, what would be a good place to share my own personal fakemons?

Last edited:
So where would you put in Pajantom and the Jumbao line in the games? For me:

Pajantom: Route 11
Mumbao: Lush Jungle

I personally imagined Pajantom in Ulaula Meadow an Route 17. Lush Jungle seems great for Mumbao, but I think Jumbao could also be a rare encounter in Haina Desert too!

Hi, new here, did these things because the CAP trio spoke to me. Snaelstrom is an axe wielding princess/tank, Smokomdo is a knight, Caribolt is a mage, and these took roughly 2.5-3 hours each. Repost with credit, thanks for any support y'all give, hope you like my stuff.
~MSF
{UPDATE} Here's Snaelstrom !

Last edited:

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Wow, you have amazing art! The designs are really solid and well-composed. I like how they're styled after the 'mon but have a lot of their own personality. Caribolt looks magnificent; I like the head/facial hair, cravat, longcoat, staff, shoes, and expression help. :) Smokomodo looks fantastic; I like the sensible armor plating, cape, use of color, sword-chain-ornament-thingy, and use of color! And in general, the anatomy, posing, and perspective are great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)