The Best Fully-Evolved Starter in NU

The fully-evolved starter Pokemon are scattered throughout the BW tiers as of today for various reasons. Some have good stats but poor movepools, some are vice-versa, some are outclassed by other Pokemon, etc. Here is, for reference, where each one is as of now:

Uber
Blaziken
OU
Venusaur
Infernape
UU
Blastoise
Swampert
Empoleon
RU
Typhlosion
Feraligatr
Sceptile
Emboar
NU
Charizard
Meganium
Torterra
Serperior
Samurott

This thread is meant to discuss what the (fully-evolved) starter Pokemon in NU do, how effectively they do it, and which ones perform the best at specific roles (sweeping, walling, providing hazards, wallbreaking, etc.). Here are the candidates:

Common roles:
Sun abuser
Revenge killer

Pros:
Excellent offensive coverage
Excellent stats for sweeping
Solar Power

Setbacks:
Frality
Double Stealth Rock weakness

Common roles:
Cleric
Phazer
Status inflicter

Pros:
Great bulk
Dual Screens
Many status options

Setbacks:
Lot of competition from other Grass-types
Very little offensive presence

Common roles:
Hazard setter
Tank
Cleaner

Pros:
One of only two fully-evolved Grass types in NU to get Stealth Rock (the other is Cradily)
EdgeQuake
Well-balanced stats besides speed

Setbacks:
Very slow
4x Ice weakness

Common roles:
SubSeeder
Support/Cleric
Substitute + Calm Mind sweeping set
Coil sweeping set

Pros:
Top-tier speed for NU
Wide variety of support options
Taunt + Substitute
Good defenses

Setbacks:
Terrible offensive coverage (no Rock Slide?!)
Poor offensive stats for sweeping
DW ability unreleased (but Serperior will probably be out of NU when it is released)

Common roles:
Wallbreaker
Sweeper

Pros:
Excellent attack and special attack
Good coverage options
Decent defenses for an offensive Pokemon
Can go mixed very well
Swords Dance

Cons:
Super-effective moves are extremely dangerous
Lacking speed

Besides discussing how these Pokemon do their standard jobs, this is also a chance for you to post new/creative/unheard of sets for any of these five Pokemon, and hopefully eventually the community will come to a consensus on which one is overall the most effective in NU.

P.S. Don't immediately start posting stuff like "Samurott is the best since it's so high on the ladder." Remember, we are comparing these five Pokemon to each other.

It's quite hard to compare these pokemon to each other, as they've got such disparate roles. Rather, it seems more logical to compare them to other similar pokemon in the tier.

For example, Charizard faces competition as a fire-type cleaner as Simisear and Rapidash.
Charizard is the bulkiest of these, and he also has that nice Ground immunity to make switch ins that much easier. Aside from that horrible stealth rock weakness, Fire-Flying isn't THAT bad a defensive typing: key resistances to Bug, Fighting and Grass give him plenty of opportunities to come in and set up a sub or tailwind.
Offensively, he has that nice STAB Air Slash, and most notably, Solar Power, letting him nuke pretty much everything in the sun. I prefer to have another pokemon such as Liepard set up the sun for 'Zard as not to waste a moveset.
However, Solar Power saps Charizard's health, which isn't very nice as simply switching in can take 50% away immediately if rocks are up. And while he can take the STABs of threats like Primeape and Scolipede with relative ease, they often run coverage moves like Stone Edge, Aqua Tail and Rock Slide to dispatch the dragon.

Simisear is ever-so-slightly faster than Charizard, with a handy base 101 speed. He's also slightly weaker, but he has Nasty Plot to make up for this. Blaze and Gluttony aren't quite as useful as Solar Power but they can be handy in a pinch, or in SubPetaya sets. He also learns Grass Knot which Charizard lacks, but lacks Air Slash. His checks and counters are much the same as Charizard: despite being less affected by rocks, he's also frailer, and lacks an immunity to switch in.

Rapidash is much more physically based than these two, but fits a similar role on the team: decimating opponents with powerful, Fire STAB. He's also the fastest sitting at a very nice base 105 speed. Useful coverage options like Drill Run and Wild Charge let him hit switch-ins for decent damage, and Flash Fire lets him switch in more himself. However he has no way of getting around many premier physical walls such as Alomomola, and has no way of boosting his offenses outside of items or the odd flash fire boost.

I'll compare these more when I'm not busy.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
i don't think there's any doubt that samurott is the best starter in nu. it is extremely powerful and versatile. the physical and special sets carry different counters which means that one mispredict can cause you to lose a pokemon. on top of that, samurott lacks any really exploitable weaknesses and has really good bulk for an offensive pokemon. the only drawback it has is its low speed, which is still good enough to outrun every wall in the tier. the only other pokemon that can give it competition are charizard and serperior. the former is equally as versatile and powerful, but has some serious flaws, mainly a quadruple weakness to stealth rocks. the latter has only one set which can make a serious impact in the metagame but is easily predictable, having many hard counters such as roselia, metang, and sawsbuck. they're both faster than samurott but i don't think that's enough to make them better than it at all.

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Actually, I have been running HP Fire over HP Rock on my Serperior sets, which surprises the many common switch ins, which gives it very close competition to Samurott, as well as having a great speed stat. THe one problem is that serperior really only succeeds with its most common set, and setting up screens is not that much of a selling factor as a second set. Meanwhile, Samurott has 2 equally dangerous SD physical set and Life orb special set with a fourth coverage move that could be aqua jet, megahorn, taunt or copycat, depending on team preferences. Samurott can also run a salac berry set the outspeed non scarfed pokes, though the initial power is not as great. So I would say Samurott>Serperior>Charizard>Torterra>Smallnium

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I can't really decide though, Samurott, Charizard and Serperior may be the better starters among them. That said, these three are some of the biggest threats in NU, and it is tremendously difficult to stop even just one of them with one mon reliably, much less two of them. Now for each of the starters:

Samurott - Unpredictable wanker this is, it either SDs up to sweep you or just hits bloody hard off the bat with LO special sets. The best part is that neither of these sets are complicated to use yet yield great results.

Charizard - Have you ever not hesitated just once to switch into a Charizard? If not, you obviously have not faced a Swords Dance set, which rips apart any puny special wall you send in to take on the special Zard you were expecting. The special sets are also really potent despite being more expected, with Stealth Rock really being the only thing holding Charizard back from forcing everyone to scramble for a Fire resist, especially considering the state of our current NU.

Meganium - Standard Bulky Grass is standard, and it has a lot of tools to work with, namely Dual Screens, Leech Seed and Aromatherapy. The problem is that Meganium doesn't offer much in terms of retaliating, and is often outclassed if it tries. It also competes with Vileplume, who isn't weak to Bug and is immune to Toxic.

Torterra - An interesting case, its dual typing is truly what determines its effectiveness. Offensively, Grass + Ground isn't fantastic on its own, but toss in Rock moves and it suddenly becomes difficult to switch into. Access to Swords Dance and Rock Polish is also good. Defensively, resisting both Ground and Rock is cool, but as a Grass-type not resisting Water and Grass isn't. Nifty options in SR and Leech Seed are worth looking at though.

Serperior - With stats tailormade for its boosting moves in Calm Mind or Coil, Serperior isn't so much harder to wall than harder to revenge kill, as the increased bulk makes it harder to do so. Arguably the most capable non-weather offensive Grass in NU so far.

Doing something like what Punchshroom did I'm going to list each one and say what I personally think of them:

Samurott: I don't really know what to say except for this thing is very powerful and very unpredictable. If you send in the wrong thing it'll senselessly beat up most of your team.

Charizard: Charizard is an unique Pokemon in that really it only face competition from Simisear as a special Fire type cleaner. They can both do so effectively while Simisear is faster and Charizard has better bulk and SAtk. A 4x weakness to SR really does harm Zard though. All in all Charizard is a great special sweeper/cleaner.

Meganium: Easily my favorite starter of all time; it's a shame that it's basically outclassed by Vileplume for the most part though. A SubSeed set could be effective with Leech Seed|Substitute|Toxic|Gigantic Drain could be effective but as stated it's outclassed by Plume. The only real disadvantage Plume has against Meganium is that Meganium gets Dual Screens. :(

Torterra: Torterra has a unique niche in the metagame due to it being the one of two fully evolved grass types that have access to SR. Also Torterra has great coverage and can act as a lead or a potential cleaner with Rock Polish.

Serperior: This is probably one of the more dangerous sweepers in NU. It can set fairly easy with Substitute then proceed to sweep. Serperior is one of the fastest Mons in the tier resting at a base 113 speed. Seperior can also make use of its ability by snubbing down and then firing off a strong grass type STAB move.

Overall they're all great but I personally would have to pick Seperior as the best for me because I use it the most and it really has never failed to dissapoint me with its utility and amazing power.

Everyone is discussion Samurott being a wallbreaker/sweeper, but here is one other use I found for it:

Samurott (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Nature: Relaxed
-Scald
-Dragon Tail
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

The Samurott that doesn't die immediately (outside of SE STAB attacks from the special side)! With maximum investment, Samurott's physical defense is actually pretty good, and further amplified when Scald lands a burn. Dragon Tail lets Samurott phaze, racking up hazard damage provided by Pokemon such as Torterra and Scolipede (one fairly recent team had a Scolipede/Samurott/Stunfisk defensive core with Scarf Sawk for cleaning). Rest lets Samurott keep on doing this until it is KOed or forced out, and Sleep Talk lets it do as it pleases in the mean time. If Samurott is asleep and outspeeds the opponent, it could use Dragon Tail at +0 priority and phaze before the opponent can attack (basically like Riolu's only use outside of LC).

Samurott is a very common NU Pokemon both because of its unpredictability and because it fits very easily on most teams. On that note I think Samurott's strength is partly due to the current nature of the NU environment.

I would argue though that Torterra is the best starter if you can give it the proper support. It has one of the most solid defensive stats in the tier and offers a much greater offensive presence than Tangela. Its 4x weakness to ice hurts but many Pokes with ice attacks in the tier are rather frail (Jynx I'm looking at you) and with proper prediction can be taken out with the right attack. It's much harder to fit on the team than Samurott but give it the right partners and this tortoise will perform!

I think that Torterra would be a very interesting pokemon to discuss. Torterra has a wide variety of options to select from. Some of my personal favorites are a lead set and a late game sweeper set:

Torterra@Leftovers
Ability:Overgrow
EV's: 252 HP|252 Spe|4 Def
Nature: Adamant
-Stealth Rock
-Substitute/Stone Edge
-Leech Seed
-Seed Bomb/Wood Hammer

What this set aims to do is set up Rocks as fast as possible then basically force some switches around or open up a way for a sweeper to come. Substitute and Leech Seed create that amazing SubSeed combo that helps whittle down some Pokemon and may even force some switches out of fear of being stalled out. But SE helps deal with things like Charizard and Scolipede. SB or WH are reliable STAB moves that deal a ton of damage; WD should preferably be used without Sub. EV's are pretty general;
Max Spe for getting up Rocks as fast as possible and the rest are dumped into bulk.

Torterra@Life Orb
EV's:252 Atk|252 Spe|4 HP
Nature:Jolly
-Rock Polish
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Seed Bomb

The standard RP Torterra. This thing aims to grab a boost or two and then sweep the rest of team. EV's maximize sweeping potential and reduce its susceptibility to priority. (lol you can tell that I'm running out of time aren't you?)

What about you guys' favorite sets?

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think Meganium is a really cool Pokemon, but unfortunately, this new metagame is very unkind to it. With ever-present threats such as Jynx, Scolipede, Swellow, and plenty more lurking around every team, it's not too difficult to dispatch Meganium and scare it out from doing its job reliably. It used to run a dual-screens set to a pretty great effect, as it allowed for Meganium to take multiple hits for offensive teams while simultaneously easing switches for offensive Pokemon and finding them more opportunities to set up. But that was back in a metagame where special attackers were slightly less relevant and most of the tier's top physical threats did not have a super-effective STAB against it.

On top of that, Meganium really just takes any potential initiative and flushes it down the drain. Since its offensive presence and movepool are both lacking, there's not a whole lot it can do to retaliate against the Pokemon it likes to switch into. I've seen comparisons with Vileplume made in this thread, and it's not hard to see why. Vileplume has a handful of resistances that Meganium would kill for. It can also absorb threatening Toxic Spikes and put opposing Pokemon to sleep. But probably the most important comparison between the two is Vileplume's superior offensive presence. Thanks to its powerful secondary STAB move, Sludge Bomb, it can get passed other Grass-types. It's also got base 100 SpA while Meganium's is only base 83. Overall, for heaps of reasons, if you're looking for a bulky Grass-type, Vileplume is undoubtedly the better Pokemon. But if you need dual-screens, you've always got Meganium.

I'd also like to talk on Charizard a bit. With its base 109 SpA, a powerful 120 Base Power STAB move, and its great base 100 Speed, Charizard is a potent special attacker in the tier. It can run a few different sets effectively. Offensive Life Orb Roost is by far my favorite set. It has incredible power behind it, and not much in the tier wants to take a Fire Blast. The cool thing about the set is that, because not much wants to take a Fire Blast or one of its coverage moves, Charizard is effective at forcing switches, giving it the opportunity to recover off the Stealth Rock damage it has likely taken upon switching in.

Choice Scarf sets are also fantastic. Beating out the base 95s and dealing massive damage to all of them is by far its biggest niche, but I'd also like to highlight something that's been overlooked up to this point. I've seen focus on Solar Power set, but I really think that Blaze is far superior, particularly for sets running Choice Scarf. Because of its weakness to Stealth Rock, Charizard can switch in on Stealth Rock once to revenge kill something, switch out, and switch back in, leaving Charizard at 1 HP (read as: Blaze range). From that point, Charizard can clean up late game with blazing fast, Blaze-boosted Fire Blasts.

#freebellyzard

Torterra@Life Orb
EV's:252 Atk|252 Spe|4 HP
Nature:Jolly
-Rock Polish
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Seed Bomb

The standard RP Torterra. This thing aims to grab a boost or two and then sweep the rest of team. EV's maximize sweeping potential and reduce its susceptibility to priority. (lol you can tell that I'm running out of time aren't you?)

What about you guys' favorite sets?
Generally I use Adamant over Jolly on this set. Is there a particular reason why you prefer to do the opposite?

I also realize that since Charizard really needs Rapid Spin support, we could start theorizing different cores to make it shine.

Here is one that comes to mind, a balanced sun core:

Torterra (M) @ Heat Rock
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Nature: Impish
-Sunny Day
-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake
-Leech Seed

Charizard (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Fire Blast
-Solarbeam
-Air Slash
-Hidden Power Ice

Armaldo (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpD
Nature: Careful
-Rapid Spin
-Stone Edge
-Sunny Day/Stealth Rock
-X-Scissor

Armaldo is really the only viable spinner for Charizard since Torkoal stacks too many weaknesses and everything else is too weak to use at all. In general, Torterra takes physical hits, and Armaldo takes special hits. The seeming Water weakness is covered by STAB Wood Hammer, Solarbeam, and the fact that this is a sun core, removing the weakness from Charizard and Armaldo. Charizard and Armaldo also share a Rock weakness, but this doesn't matter much since Torterra slaughters every Rock-type in the tier with ease. Torterra's recovery comes from Leech Seed, while Armaldo must hope for the best from Leftovers (or add a Wish user!). Even without much investment, Torterra and Armaldo's attacks are fairly powerful and have great coverage. Once the team is worn out and your side is hazard-free, start spamming Fire Blast until Charizard dies, basically.

Note that this is just a theory. Please give feedback!

Also, if there is anything you think I should add under "Pros and Setbacks" in the OP please say so!

@Explorer

Whoops I actually didn't mean to put Jolly there. I was running out of time and since I had Jolly for the previous set I guess I just put it there.

When we talk about "best", what do we mean? Offensive power? Team Synergy?
If we're going for power, Charizard wins hands down. Sunny Day Solar Power Fire Blast guarantees an OHKO on Lickiliky, one of the best special walls in NU. With something else using a Heat Rock, Charizard can eliminate entire teams in an instant. Unless Fire Blast misses, Zard gets hit by priority or something gets up rain then it's Gg bro. Samurott isn't that bad but it's max potential can't match Charizard's.

Okay, many people seem to be questioning what I mean by "best," so I will summarize it here: by "best," I am referring to the Pokemon that performs the most consistently and most successfully in the NU metagame.

Hopefully that clears it up. Otherwise I'm happy with the discussion that this thread has ignited.

Okay, many people seem to be questioning what I mean by "best," so I will summarize it here: by "best," I am referring to the Pokemon that performs the most consistently and most successfully in the NU metagame.

Hopefully that clears it up. Otherwise I'm happy with the discussion that this thread has ignited.
No offense, but wouldn't that reduce the conversation to a usage rate? I mean if consistency is translated as how consistent the Poke is used, then its Samurott or Charizard hands down.

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
No offense, but wouldn't that reduce the conversation to a usage rate? I mean if consistency is translated as how consistent the Poke is used, then its Samurott or Charizard hands down.
Consistent meaning it does its job, whether offensively (ie, Sawk) or defensively (ie, Alomomola). Successfully meaning it actually does its job (ie, gardevoir is not as successful as a sweeper compared to lower usage pokes in this meta). It is difficult to say that charizard consistently does its job because of stealth rocks and either choosing a spinner, a scarfed set to outspeed alot of the meta, but be forced in a move, or slowly die to life orb (roost can mitigate this). However, if rocks are gone, charizard is the most threatening poke. Serperior and saumrott do their jobs successfully and consistently, as serperior is faster and can set up fast calm mind boosts, while samurott is extremely unpredictable in its sd or special set, which can be deadly for the wrong wall and can open up pathways for other pokes or even samurott to do massive damage. Meganium can set up screens, but really does not do much outside of that. Torterra can set up a rock polish or SD, but often times does not have the speed to be successful ( it has the power though). So that's why I think Samurott and Serperior fit the mold the best as the most consistent and successful pokes out of the 5

-Snip-
So that's why I think Samurott and Serperior fit the mold the best as the most consistent and successful pokes out of the 5
Charizard is far more sucessful than Samurott and Serperior. However, he lacks the consistency due to two main factors:
1) x4 SR Weakness
2) Full potential is only reached under the sun
If we're going for sucess, then Charizard is superior. As for consistency, Serperior is the way to go. Samurott is middle ground between these two, which is a nice balance.

It's Samurott. Samurott is the answer to this thread. It has priority, it has power, and it has consistency. Charizard can go nova and wipe out half a team sometimes, but the Samurotts I've used have rarely failed to take out at least one foe, usually 2-3, sometimes a clean sweep. If you can get two SD boosts, Samurott can wipe through some offensive teams with Aqua Jet/Waterfall's neutral coverage. Grass types have a difficult time dealing with its Megahorn, and anything weak to it can't really switch in without taking enough damage to either faint or be finished off by Aqua Jet. And, like Charizard, it can go special or even mixed. The Specs set can be very surprising and boasts high power right off the bat. (Also, it's a good matchup against Alomomola instead of a terrible one.)

I personally think that what makes Samurott really good is its undpredictability. Samurott can run various sets to great effect allowing it to really screw the other team over if they send the wrong thing in. Some of these sets are the Special set and the Physical set. Samurott can also run choice specs allowing it to hit bard right off the bat. Due to Samurott's unpredictability the opponents counter will most likely be an offensives one. Thistle means Samurott can at least get one KO if not more. Then Samurott can proceed to sweep a portion of the opposing team.

However one of the major flaws (if not the most major) of Samurott is its mediocre base 70 Speed Stat. This is essentially what prevents Samurott from being a top tier threat. This can be somewhat remedied with its decent bulk and AJ but really limits Samurott.

All in all if you use Samurott correctly it can be a very powerful threat.

Easily, can run physical and special sets with great success. Samurott unlike Charizard doesn't have a SR weakness in a support Golurk dominated metagame. Samurott also has natural bulk. I don't think Charizard will ever be that effective in any kind of meta. Torterra is the 3rd best. It's ability to deal with Alomomola makes it a great asset to any team, sadly it's just very predictable, can be difficult to set up as well, and it really does need to set up to sweep.

Charizard - An amazing Sun Sweeper and revenge killer, able to take out most things in the sun effectively, and even out of the sun provided the rocks are not up. The scarfed set is the best set, mainly because you can outspeed a lot of pokemon and use Air Slash, hoping for a flinch. Only downside is how weak Charizard is to rocks, pretty much forcing you to give up a team spot for it. Also, if you are using life orb with Solar Power, you lose 20% HP per turn, meaning that if they have rocks up, you can not switch in again if you stay in on the turns of sun.

Meganium : A great cleric in the NU tier, is able to support the team defensively with dual screens and heal the team with Aromatherapy, also while inflicting status with the toxic. Meganium is very effective at being a phazer as well, helping to phaze out the opponent if they do happen to try to set up on you. I have seen Meganium's most effective role is as a cleric, because there really is not much else it can do. Problem is, it houses a lot of common weaknesses, and its offensive capabilities are not much, since you pretty much have to use Giga Drain paired with like HP Fire or something.(Bear with me, I have kinda forgotten what the cleric set actually runs)

Torterra : This thing is not one of my favorite starters in the Nu tier personally,. While it does well as a hazard setter and a tank, it does house a 4x weakness to ice, therefore hindering its tanking abilities. Aside from that, Torterra can also run an offensive set with the life orb or the choice band and because of that not much can switch into its attacks,meaning that it will be able to at least get that one KO during the match. It can function well if used correctly, but with Jynx being a top used Pokemon in the Nu metagame, it is kinda hard to do that, mainly because you have to play around that Jynx in order for Torterra to be used effectively. Also, Torterra is really slow, meaning that if you want to clean up the game, you have to use Rock Polish or wait till the very end just to do so. It does well as a hazard layer though,because you are trying to get your hazards up early, and you can set them up while your opponent switches into something to counter Torterra. Overall, I like Torterra in game, but competitively, it's an entirely different story.

Serperior : This pokemon right here is my favorite pokemon and starter in the NU tier right now. It functions amazing as as a support, being able to use Taunt or use the subseeding set to break down those pesky walls in the NU tier that resist Serperior's moves. Also, it is top speed tier for the NU metagame, meaning that it will be able to outspeed a large portion of the metagame, meaning you are almost guaranteed to get off that taunt before your opponent can. Not only that, but Serperior has the special defense needed to wall a lot of those special attackers in the tier, meaning its subs will be hard to break due to that. Also, it has more than just the subseeding set to run, it can also be a sweeper. Sweeping is not as easy with Serperior, because its offensive capabilities are not as good as its stats are not the best for that, and it doesn't get great offensive coverage. Also, Serperior does suffer from common weaknesses, but overall, those good traits cover the bad traits. Then finally, Serperior has a wide range of Support options, you being able to use it effectively in many roles, like the subseeding set or even setting up weather for your team.(Although Serperior cannot benefit from this sadly). Serperior is definitely one of the best pokemon in the NU metagame, not only because it can function really well in the game, but it also has a great design xD

Samurott : To me, this is the best offensive pokemon the game right now in the special offensive side, bar the nasty plot Jynx that does roam the tier right now. Samurott can run an effective special set, because its stats for its offensive and specially offensive stats are great,meaning it will be hitting very hard to a majority of the metagame. To me, the best set has been the mixed one, because you can run Megahorn to deal with those pesky grass types and Jynx,because you can KO them on switch-in if predicted correctly.Also, on top of that, Samurott has decent defenses for an offensive mon, meaning it can live a hit from some things in the metagame, but a huge problem for it is that any super effective move on Samurott is dangerous, meaning you have to play around those electric and grass types. Along with that Samurott is forced to use priority because it does not have the speed to outspeed a lot of the metagame, meaning that fast pokemon like Serperior are enemies for this otter xD Aside this, Samurott comes with amazing coverage options, getting access to many moves like Dragon tail,Hydro Pump,Grass Knot, Night Slash,etc. What this means is that you can do so much with Samurott just from its movepool, that its weaknesses almost are nothing to it. So, this otter may cause problems if you don't like flooding xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)