The Battle Spot Forum's Official 3v3 Tournament Discussion Thread [won by cant say]

Zukushiku vs. NOVED

Demantoid vs. cant say
i guess this is the ~highlight match~ it's a hard call but i think cant say can pull something off, whether by luck or with a good team choice. won't be surprised at all if deman wins though. whatever happens i think it'll be a good game.

Brian12345 vs. Psynergy
i think psyn's pretty confident rn and he's been playing well. i think he's def capable of pulling this off. but brian's not bad, this will probably be a close game.

Memoria vs. ShinySopheon
don't know either of these two well but sopheon's been doing well i guess and is twitterfamous so giving her the edge.

Buckert vs. freekhoorn
this battle already happened so rip.

Impact vs. Shad0wBlazze
played this guy r1, glad to see him still in this. i think he can pull off a win.

Psychomew2 vs. Mattapod
dont really know how these guys battle much but matt's got good experience with mons in general i think so giving him an edge here

Ticktick vs. jroxas
jroxas is a solid player, i expect a solid win from him tbh. probably will be in this tour for at least a few more rounds too.

DragonWhale vs. average fella
average fella is good but i dont think DW is gonna let himself lose twice in a row. won't be surprised if fella wins though. this'll be another good game i think.

surgical_tubing vs. locoghoul
tubing's a chill guy, solid player i think. dont know locoghoul sorry man.

a0161613 vs. Jhon
jhon's good, expecting him to win here.

ethan06
vs. Chadizard
i think ethan can pull this one off. he's good. seemed a little broken about his team after last round so not sure how that'll affect him but i think he'll be fine here.

Zukushiku vs. NOVED
Demantoid vs. cant say
Brian12345 vs. Psynergy
Memoria vs. ShinySopheon

Buckert vs. freekhoorn
Impact vs. Shad0wBlazze
Psychomew2 vs. Mattapod
Ticktick vs. jroxas
DragonWhale
vs. average fella
surgical_tubing vs. locoghoul
a0161613 vs. Jhon
ethan06
vs. Chadizard

Good luck to everyone! and holy crap bobo posts really good predictions

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tagging my broski Joint Cena so he can update thread.

Round 4

NOVED (Battle Lv: 94) vs. cant say (Battle Lv: 96) [MATCH OF THE ROUND]
Comment: The Australian is going for world domination and no one can stop him. He's already taken out Japan, USA and now he's going for a country called Massachusetts. NOVED the godsend has had an easy draw having faced 0 players with any skills including 1 BYE whereas cant say had to take out Japan's top player and Demantoid to get his way up here. It's ultra hard to pick out a clear winner here since both of these trainers have similar experience and skill level but I'll be cheering for the underdog. In theory, NOVED should have the edge since he excels in all Battle Spot formats (much like Demantoid) but cant say has been on fire this tour so who knows. NOVED the godsend will need to pull out all the stops in order to overcome the legendary Australian who is absolutely unstoppable right now.
What NOVED needs to win: Some ghosting from Hula should help. Don't let hax get to your mind.
What cant say needs to win: OZ OZ OZ, OI OI OI!
Let the battle of the Room Owners begin!!!

Psynergy vs. Memoria
Comment: The Rayquaza Master going up against one of the oldest players in the tour (with surgical out). We know age means nothing on the battlefield so Psynergy can't afford to let his guard down thinking his got an edge over someone who is 10 years older than him.

Loser's Bracket
[Demantoid vs. Buckert] vs. jroxas
Comment: The number one BSS player has been taken out by the OZ and will now proceed to wipe out the entire loser's bracket, seeking vengeance. Unfortunately for Demantoid he's got a tough road ahead of him with big names such as DW senpai, RoomTourDominator Brian and the multi talented Jhon still roaming free in the loser's bracket. Nevertheless, neither Buckert nor jroxas has what it takes to beat one of the greatest BSS trainer of all times.

ShinySopheon vs. DragonWhale
Comment: EZ win the Japanese top seed, unless he forgets to schedule due to laziness.

Brian12345 vs. [Jhon vs. Chadizard]
Comment: No doubt Brian vs Jhon is going to be a highlight match. I'm leaning towards Jhon since he has cant say backing him up.
cant say: I dont care about you guys but Jhon is definitely one of the better battlers out there.
This will sure be a tough matchup as Brian is one of the regulars of the PS room and he continues to improve his skills.

I never said that lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Joint Cena

I swear I'm nice!
Winners Round 5 and Losers Round 5

Semis :D

NOVED vs. cant say
Psynergy vs. Memoria

Demantoid vs. Buckert
Zukushiku vs. jroxas
Brian12345
vs. Jhon

Like usual.. me being dead and Bobo making S tier predictions before I update haha. Predictions on my end are bolded :))

Last edited:
We have some matches this round that look like they could be pretty close. The one I actually look forward to is NOVED vs cant say but best of luck to all!

NOVED
vs. cant say
Psynergy vs. Memoria

Loser's Bracket
Demantoid vs. Buckert
Zukushiku vs. jroxas
Brian12345 vs. Jhon

Losers actually looks pretty hype now. A lot of pretty good players are in there. ofc, winners has NOVED cant say and Psynegy so that's definitely going to be hype.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
NOVED vs. cant say

Demantoid vs. jroxas
ShinySopheon vs. Jhon

edit: lol i'm with it now

Last edited:
if we ever have another tour like this it would be cool to have a thread where people try to guess the entire bracket

Joint Cena

I swear I'm nice!
Winners Round 6 and Losers Round 6

NOVED vs. cant say

Demantoid vs. jroxas
ShinySopheon vs. Jhon

Beat Bobo to it
So we are getting close to the tour ending, as usual bold your predictions on who you think is gonna win :))

Oh, this is looking like a final round that and bobo didnt respond to it first well here are my predictions

NOVED
vs. cant say

Demantoid vs. jroxas
ShinySopheon vs. Jhon

Demantoid you bastard I was betting on you winning this. I am disappoint ;_;

NOVED vs cant say (I tossed a coin, you won)

Demantoid vs jroxas (Demantoid man you gotta wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin)
Shinysopheon vs Jhon (have fought Jhon a few times, I know he's good lol)

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
WINNER'S BRACKET FINALS

cant say (Battle Lv. 97) vs. Memoria (Battle Lv. ??)
(Where ?? is greater or equal to 93.)

One might say that cant say has had the tougher journey coming into this winner's bracket finals, but when you carefully look at Memoria's route, you notice that he took out Jhon in the very first round (who was one of the most talented player in the tour), then went on to defeat ShinySopheon (the player who Hula was hyping about in his post) and most recently Psynergy, who's enjoyed a very high morale by performing well in various other tours.

Nevertheless, the Australian domination is real and will be very hard to stop, once it gets going. Not to mention ALL of the obstacles in the Australian's way have been removed (DragonWhale, Demantoid and NOVED, the BIG 3 players of the metagame). As proven in making it to the winner's bracket finals, Memoria is also one of the strongest players right now, and the tour's last stand (in winner's bracket) against the almighty Australian.

What could give cant say the edge: cant say is carrying the hopes of ethan06, a fellow Australian and Battle Spot regular. He's out to prove that not only is he the supreme leader of the Battle Spot in name, but also in skills as well. Overconfidence will be his greatest downfall, but the Australian has been so careful right now that its almost impossible for him to lose at this stage.

What could give Memoria the edge: If you play other games, you would know that all the old people in the series are some of the strongest characters in their respect series (eg. Jubei of the Six Heroes). Other than that, just being chill (is scary) and low under the radar (who even noticed he took out Jhon in the first round???) means Memoria is confident in his skills.

Get your maccas and beers (18+ only) ready folks, because its the OZ vs the Hermit.
LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

Loser's Bracket Highlights

Psynergy (Battle Lv: 93) vs. Demantoid (Battle Lv: 94)

The Rayquaza Master's previous battle level sat at a solid 91, but having lost to him recently in the PS tour made me realize that he is better than that. Don't try to seduce him with your Lady Luck team because I did that and the match was over in 7 turns. But GDI Psynergy, I told ya not to let your guard down against a senior.

Demantoid on the other hand, is one of the greatest players of all time, except with his recent 1ST ROUND loss to some no-namer in the PS tour (-1). With that said, as I predicted perfectly, he easily wiped out his opponents in the loser's bracket so far. Psynergy isn't a player that you can just "wipe" out so it'll be a tough match for Demantoid.

[ShinySopheon (Battle Lv: 92) vs. Jhon (Battle Lv: 93)] vs. NOVED (Battle Lv: 94)

Two extremely tough matches for our young prodigy Jhon senpai (yes his my new senpai after DW is out), but firstly we need grats him because he managed to come on top against Brian12345, one of the strongest player in Battle Spot PS room.

The first match is already tough as it is, since ShinySopheon (SS) the Senpai Slayer destroyed my DW senpai in the previous round. If Jhon manages to win this extremely tough match up, he will immediately be going up against NOVED the GODsend.

Despite losing to cant say and failure to ascend to GOD status, NOVED is still without a doubt, one of the best players the community has ever seen (hence the BIG 3). Personally I'm unable to pick out a winner here, because both Jhon, our favourite young prodigy and NOVED the godsend are my good buddies and fav players in the tour.

Finally, have fun to all three. They are all great players and it EXTREMELY saddens me that two of these have to go, and this isn't even the loser bracket's final. *CRY*

Congrats cant say for winning the tour! I am looking forward to the next round and i hope my next pokemon team is ready at that moment! I just uploaded a first draft to the rate my team section so if anyone else wants to help me building and comment on that i would be glad :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)