The Battle Frontier discussion thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Getting a good Zapdos like that isn't going to happen outside of an emulator...

Battle Factory is so annoying. Even though I know all possible sets I still lose because the game puts me in an unwinnable situation. Ugh.

I am surprised that too much players have troubles against Lucy and Brandon.

Against Brandon Silver's Medal I used a Blaziken with Overheat, EQ, Endure and Reversal and against Lucy a Milotic with Toxic and Recover.

Hi Everyone!
I know none of you have still interest on doing a 3rd gen Emerald Battle Frontier Guide, but i did one. I invested a MOUNTAIN of time on doing this, this was very important for me. It's a detailed guide Facility x Facility with a specific team for the silver and the gold runs throgh the Frontier. Here's the link:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/emerald-battle-frontier-guide-please-help-developing.3579762/

I hope someone could see this Thread and give me an opinion. It would be Very important for me, i worked a lot for this, and also, this is my first thread (i signed in Smogon Forum only few days ago).

Anyway, thank you all. Have fun :D

- StoneDos95

Hi Everyone!
I know none of you have still interest on doing a 3rd gen Emerald Battle Frontier Guide, but i did one. I invested a MOUNTAIN of time on doing this, this was very important for me. It's a detailed guide Facility x Facility with a specific team for the silver and the gold runs throgh the Frontier. Here's the link:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/emerald-battle-frontier-guide-please-help-developing.3579762/

I hope someone could see this Thread and give me an opinion. It would be Very important for me, i worked a lot for this, and also, this is my first thread (i signed in Smogon Forum only few days ago).

Anyway, thank you all. Have fun :D

- StoneDos95
Wow, this is awesome! I'll take a look at it in depth when I have time (probs tomorrow). The Emerald battle frontier is one of my favorite things in all the Pokemon games. I never did do a full run and get all the golds, but I just might try it now.

Wow, this is awesome! I'll take a look at it in depth when I have time (probs tomorrow). The Emerald battle frontier is one of my favorite things in all the Pokemon games. I never did do a full run and get all the golds, but I just might try it now.
This is amazing!!! Thank you for the interest!!! I started thinking that none likes 3rd gen anymore... So thank you:) i'll wait for your comments. HAVE FUN!! :D

I absolutely love 3rd gen! 3rd and 4th are by far my favorites, and much of that is due to the amazingness of the battle facilities. Now I would be lying if I said that I'd played the Emerald battle frontier recently, so it definitely took some freshening up (via bulbapedia) before I read your article, but that being said, the article is well thought out and solid. I like how you went in depth on each of the teams and what moves you should use in each specific situation. I've never taken a look at a battle frontier guide and thought that the EVs would be more cut and dry, but was I ever wrong haha. You should consider having someone else look at this that knows a little more than I about the battle frontier, cause if it's made into "an official article" or whatever, I think it will be a lot easier for other people to see it, and furthermore, use it. I know I'm not the only one who's interested in a strategy guide, so this could potentially be a good resource for a lot of people. But once again, if you're interested in that, get its validity checked. I did notice one thing, in one of the sections you mentioned that sandstorm boosts rock types defense, but I'm fairly certain that effect wasn't added until gen 4. With college starting soon, it might be awhile before I give the Emerald frontier a go, but I'll be sure to reference your guide while doing it. Thanks for the inspiration for giving the battle frontier another go, and good job on the guide!!!

I absolutely love 3rd gen! 3rd and 4th are by far my favorites, and much of that is due to the amazingness of the battle facilities. Now I would be lying if I said that I'd played the Emerald battle frontier recently, so it definitely took some freshening up (via bulbapedia) before I read your article, but that being said, the article is well thought out and solid. I like how you went in depth on each of the teams and what moves you should use in each specific situation. I've never taken a look at a battle frontier guide and thought that the EVs would be more cut and dry, but was I ever wrong haha. You should consider having someone else look at this that knows a little more than I about the battle frontier, cause if it's made into "an official article" or whatever, I think it will be a lot easier for other people to see it, and furthermore, use it. I know I'm not the only one who's interested in a strategy guide, so this could potentially be a good resource for a lot of people. But once again, if you're interested in that, get its validity checked. I did notice one thing, in one of the sections you mentioned that sandstorm boosts rock types defense, but I'm fairly certain that effect wasn't added until gen 4. With college starting soon, it might be awhile before I give the Emerald frontier a go, but I'll be sure to reference your guide while doing it. Thanks for the inspiration for giving the battle frontier another go, and good job on the guide!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I'll wait your check. Yeah, i hope in some check of more people interested.

About the sandstorm boosts, ok, but if that was added in 4th gen i would reccomend changing Aerodactyl to A strong STAB Flyng attack, maybe, if i have to choose it right now, something like a Crobat. Your answer is very great for me:)
I'll wait your analysis, if you're gonna do it. Have Fun!!!!! :D

- StoneDos95

PS: i totally Agree with you about 3rd and 4th gen. They are AMAZING!!

Hey man, did you take a look to my BF guide? I really hope in some advice...!!!

Hey man, did you take a look to my BF guide? I really hope in some advice...!!!
Sorry, I haven't had time yet with college and stuff, but I'll let you know when I go and play the BF. Hopefully someone else might try it out too. I'll get to it, I've just been really busy. Hate to keep you waiting. I don't think I can give any more advice until I actually go through and play the battle frontier again.

Sorry, I haven't had time yet with college and stuff, but I'll let you know when I go and play the BF. Hopefully someone else might try it out too. I'll get to it, I've just been really busy. Hate to keep you waiting. I don't think I can give any more advice until I actually go through and play the battle frontier again.
Ok!!! I know what means tuo be busy... Thank you anyway :) so i'm gonna wait and possibly try it. Hope it works well!!!

I am curious... what could be used to get past the Hoenn Battle Frontier without trading nor events (AKA with just a standalone game)?

That's something I'll try to find out... because I'll be kinda bored before december if all I do is play Pokemon Shuffle, Football Manager and Puyo Puyo Quest :P

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I won it with salamence, metagross and sceptile.
Otherwise, Miltank is great for Seviper/Pyramid due to heal bell and milk drink healing allies
Dodrio is great in the pyramid because it is the best run away user, a really cool lead (maybe not for the brandon runs though)
Swampert is really good overall if you don't like Sceptile
Then you can switch it with Staross or Latios, they are also good at 'be fast and hit strong'
Those are the main I can think of, but I guess Pokémon as Milotic flygon or Regice are great as well

I won it with salamence, metagross and sceptile.
Otherwise, Miltank is great for Seviper/Pyramid due to heal bell and milk drink healing allies
Dodrio is great in the pyramid because it is the best run away user, a really cool lead (maybe not for the brandon runs though)
Swampert is really good overall if you don't like Sceptile
Then you can switch it with Staross or Latios, they are also good at 'be fast and hit strong'
Those are the main I can think of, but I guess Pokémon as Milotic flygon or Regice are great as well
Thank you man! Did you take a look to my guide? 'Cause i was looking for some advice or replies... I sent the link in my last message in this thread. Il you want to take i look i'll be very pleased :) Bya!

I am curious... what could be used to get past the Hoenn Battle Frontier without trading nor events (AKA with just a standalone game)?

That's something I'll try to find out... because I'll be kinda bored before december if all I do is play Pokemon Shuffle, Football Manager and Puyo Puyo Quest :P
That's what i did! :D please take a look to my guide:

I hope in some consideration because i invested a lot in this. HAVE FUN! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)