Denied The Basics Of Suspect Tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to submit an article all about the point of suspect tests. Some users of Pokemon Showdown are really knowledgeable of what suspect tests at all. This article would assist those in need who are unacknowledged, well, knowledgeable of the situation! The article would cover what they are, how one would complete one, what COIL is, and how to vote in the threads, and much more. I have a person in mind who would Co-Write this article. His name is Mob Boss, who is also knowledgeable of this topic. Together, we'll both write about the main ideas of suspect tests to those who are new.

This seems fair enough. I'm okay with this because there's actually a large interest regarding suspect tests in PS!, and educating them on what suspect tests are as well as the general process would be super informative and helpful to those who have been exposed to the term but aren't yet aware of what it encompasses.

Antemortem? What are your thoughts on this? I can't exactly comment on whether or not Mob Boss would make a suitable writer for this since I don't know them personally, so I'm hoping you know them, maybe? o.o

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
I just want to add in here that how suspect tests are conducted differs from tier to tier and the processes are decided solely by the leader or co-leaders and are subject to change. For instance, some use blind voting in a thread and some others, such as Little Cup, have the people who make reqs vote on the potential suspects and then a council decides to ban or not after a public discussion is held.

I am not sure if the content for this topic will be coming from enough solid information to make for a proper article. Unless you plan to go into very high detail for every tier's suspecting methods for this generation and cover those of the past as well and what differences are likely to take shape in the future for whatever reason, I personally don't think this will be a very good idea for a project. The information is just not constant/stagnant enough to be defined as what can be expected as far as "how suspect tests work" when it is so subject to change.

I just want to add in here that how suspect tests are conducted differs from tier to tier and the processes are decided solely by the leader or co-leaders and are subject to change. For instance, some use blind voting in a thread and some others, such as Little Cup, have the people who make reqs vote on the potential suspects and then a council decides to ban or not after a public discussion is held.

I am not sure if the content for this topic will be coming from enough solid information to make for a proper article. Unless you plan to go into very high detail for every tier's suspecting methods for this generation and cover those of the past as well and what differences are likely to take shape in the future for whatever reason, I personally don't think this will be a very good idea for a project. The information is just not constant/stagnant enough to be defined as what can be permanently expected.
Fair enough. From my personal experience with the PS! userbase and from observation in lobby whenever a suspect test does occur, I firmly believe it to be sufficient that at least this article should cover what they absolutely need to know as far as each individual tier's specific methods of conducting suspect tests as well as what suspect tests are. I'm not sure why past suspect tests need to be mentioned unless it's to provide some sort of example or reference, and while I'm definitely encouraging as much detail as possible, if I was a PS reg/new to PS, I'd only really care enough to know the general idea behind a suspect test and why they are conducted/what they are. But that could just be me, perhaps?

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Fair enough. From my personal experience with the PS! userbase and from observation in lobby whenever a suspect test does occur, I firmly believe it to be sufficient that at least this article should cover what they absolutely need to know as far as each individual tier's specific methods of conducting suspect tests as well as what suspect tests are. I'm not sure why past suspect tests need to be mentioned unless it's to provide some sort of example or reference, and while I'm definitely encouraging as much detail as possible, if I was a PS reg/new to PS, I'd only really care enough to know the general idea behind a suspect test and why they are conducted/what they are. But that could just be me, perhaps?
I like the idea and I support something like this too. I am just concerned with how long the actuality of the current protocols will last; this writeup should probably be flexible so that it won't be subject to being outdated quickly and can be a relevant resource for as long as possible. And yea, the past suspect tests are something I only recommend as a reference. Maybe I was just uncertain as far as the actual scope of this.

If this is just going to be about how XY handles them and is solely meant to be based on current information and not a history of suspect tests as a whole for the sake of understanding, then just a segment for how each tier handles their tests at this time should be good enough. The main thing I wanted to mention is that different tiers handle suspects differently, as that is something important that the OP here failed to point out.

Yep, I definitely agree with that. I'd personally be more hesitant if this was a historical article about suspect tests, since I believe that would require going through major players of each tier, as well as council members. ><; But a general informative article should be okay!

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
That out of the way, would this not be more suitable for The Smog since it's directly related to Smogon's suspect test practices?

That out of the way, would this not be more suitable for The Smog since it's directly related to Smogon's suspect test practices?
Sure, but I personally feel it can go either way. While it is heavily related to Smogon's tiering methods, it'd be pretty easy to make this relevant towards the PS! userbase as well (because as mentioned before, it is within their interests), for their general benefit and knowledge. Would it be a huge deal if it was a Player article?

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Okay so while suspect testing has the potential to be made suitable for PS!, I don't think that you have quite the right experience to be writing it at this time. Thank you for your submission :>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)