The Art of Audiino

the-art-of-audiino-art-thread-banner.jpg

Hi there, welcome! I've been doing art (both traditional and digital) and you can find it here :P Feel free to drop any advice, criticisms or anything else if you want. Also, I keep this OP updated with my favourite pieces that I post, so you can check the spoilers for those.

PS ty Hydrostatics for encouraging me to post an art thread, hopefully I did the tag correctly

Drew this one for limited color palette
purple-green-bidoof.png
Secret Santa 2022! Got a fun prompt, sadly didn't color it.
skrelp-dragalge-upload.png
pichu-study-audiino-2023-03.png
misc-mons-study-audiino-2023-03.png
I've decided I'm linking to the original art post now for ease of navigation later when this gets longer. Not gonna go back and retrospectively do this tho lmao, too much effort for me rn but maybe my future self will do it. Maybe not.
2023-10-18-all.jpg

Transcript of what I wrote at the bottom:
Here's to the 1 year anniversary of my art thread! A bit of a late post but that's alright. I decided to draw some sketches of the mons I chose for Smogfight here. Audino's a bookworm who likes to set things on fire, Pichu's learning magic and likes brewing potions, and Shuckle the cortornist practices archery. ~Audiino
This one's one of my bigger projects that I'm proud of, done for Smogfight (Smogfight post here).
three-iron-valiants-as-spidey-meme-upload.png

I remember having fun with the crown gem on this one
slowking-dark-fairy-ii.png
Tons of geometric shapes...
rock-abra-upload.png

Getting the contrast right on this one was tough.
politoed-medicham-fusion-upload.png
A rare piece where I work on paper, and not digitally :P
houndoom-hypno-final.jpg
Simplistic one
cetitan-hariyama-fusion-upload.png

Nothing here yet... I promise I draw other non pokemon things though haha, there will be some eventually!!
Woop woop there's stuff here now!
1676308992519.png
1676309060864.png
1676309122524.png

Attachments

Last edited:
Glad you decided to open your own art thread, Audiino! I think your art deserves a lot of love.
There's this distinctive art style here which I haven't seen before. It's very unique, artistic and pretty.
Also, love how you showcase all the different variants within your own style like the monochrome skrelp one and the geometric shaped Abra.
Looking forward to seeing more of your art!! <3

Thanks for all the comments guys, I appreciate them!!

I'm finally making that catpost I kept saying I was going to do, prepare for a flood of cats. NeonAlphaa you can stop pestering me for cats now :P

This is a bit of a throwback, I was messing around with the lasso tool here and ended up making this.
1676307605988.png

Yeah I kinda didn't know what to title this lol. Cat on the right has the coloring of a fox, hence fox cat.
1676307810276.png

Was originally thinking of calling this orange cat, but then decided to add yawn. I don't actually know if it's yawning or not. It probably isn't.
1676307849138.png

Cats drawn when I decided I'd draw with purple instead of black.
1676308132398.png
1676308200081.png
1676308267434.png

Similar to the purple cats above, but with black + opacity sensitivity. I also spent more time on these.
1676308498399.png
1676308547689.png
I doodled this for fun and decided it's worth sharing :D
1676308421697.png

With that, the cat flood ends. Hope you enjoyed!

Lyci

formerly ChaosLucaro

I'm finally making that catpost I kept saying I was going to do, prepare for a flood of cats. NeonAlphaa you can stop pestering me for cats now :P

This is a bit of a throwback, I was messing around with the lasso tool here and ended up making this.
View attachment 491917

Yeah I kinda didn't know what to title this lol. Cat on the right has the coloring of a fox, hence fox cat.
View attachment 491920

Was originally thinking of calling this orange cat, but then decided to add yawn. I don't actually know if it's yawning or not. It probably isn't.
View attachment 491922

Similar to the purple cats above, but with black + opacity sensitivity. I also spent more time on these.
View attachment 491927

As a cat person I really like those drawings and sketches and hope you do more :3
Also the weavile cat idea is not that bad <.<

Anyways thanks for sharing this <3
:blobthumbsup:

Thanks for the compliments! I don't think I'll be doing any more cats soon, but you can definitely expect to see some more cats in the future since I do like drawing them, little chaos creatures :3
Hmm I might try to expand on the Weavile cat idea then...

View attachment 491917

View attachment 491920

View attachment 491922

View attachment 491927

WOOO cats!!

Haven't really done much art lately, but I felt like drawing a lot yesterday and today, so now I have these. I present to you some pokemon studies and a page full of random mons :P

Pichu's cute, I'm sure Hydro would agree :3
pichu-study-audiino-2023-03.png

Had some ink left after I was done with Pichu so I used it on Ampharos. Not really sure what to call the color of the ink as it's brown when concentrated, yellow when diluted and I've been using both concentrated and diluted ink.
ampharos-study-audiino-2023-03.png

After drawing a lot of Marshadow heads, I wanted to draw some Celebi heads since the shapes were quite similar. They're both pretty triangular, but in slightly different ways.
marshadow-celebi-study-audiino-2023-03.png

This is the page of random mons I was talking about earlier! I used the Sugimori art as references, most of these are a replication with the exceptions being Gholdengo (arms) and Corvisquire (wing closed) and Espeon (tail lowered). My favourite here is Greedent, I think I did the expression well.
misc-mons-study-audiino-2023-03.png

Until next time!

Haven't really done much art lately, but I felt like drawing a lot yesterday and today, so now I have these. I present to you some pokemon studies and a page full of random mons :P

Pichu's cute, I'm sure Hydro would agree :3
View attachment 500682

Had some ink left after I was done with Pichu so I used it on Ampharos. Not really sure what to call the color of the ink as it's brown when concentrated, yellow when diluted and I've been using both concentrated and diluted ink.
View attachment 500683

After drawing a lot of Marshadow heads, I wanted to draw some Celebi heads since the shapes were quite similar. They're both pretty triangular, but in slightly different ways.
View attachment 500684

This is the page of random mons I was talking about earlier! I used the Sugimori art as references, most of these are a replication with the exceptions being Gholdengo (arms) and Corvisquire (wing closed) and Espeon (tail lowered). My favourite here is Greedent, I think I did the expression well.
View attachment 500685

Until next time!
i did not want to see helmetless marshadow. epic art but i need an apology for that marshadow.

Almost a month later and I'm back with more, there are no helmetless Marshadow to be seen here this time lol. It's mostly doodles and sketches.

Did this one a while ago in March but never actually put it here yet so here it is.
1681669787975.png

Had a hard time coming up with an idea for this, so I went and sketched out both mons then figured out what I could do to combine the key features of each.

I found that a sphere with diamond shaped eyes is the simplest way to draw a Bramblin :P
1681669876665.png
Unfortunately, Passimian isn't as simple as Bramblin and I ended up deciding I'd just take its spherical head top and tail.
1681670121515.png

Something fun! All these were drawn using the Sugimori art as a reference.

Swirly arms hehe
1681669588258.png
Cute
1681669611680.png
Also cute :)
1681669631122.png
A Miraidon that wasn't even drawn during skribbl but fits here due to the fact that it's a doodle
1681669548201.png

o/

Sup it's been a while, here's another post.

So, I got some new brush pens. Been testing them with some pokemon drawings of what !randpoke decided to give me. My favourites here are the Noibat and Charcadet, can't decide which one I like more.
2023-10-18-all.jpg

Other details you may be interested in (in order of when I drew them):
- Chespin had some lines with fountain pen before I did the brush pen part and instantly disliked the colors. Might have also been on me for trying to do some ambitious red backlighting.
- Shinx was horrendously poorly planned (aka I just started drawing lines and then realised it was disproportionate) and I didn't feel like finishing it.
- The half covered person and face in the middle done in purple was also something I started and didn't feel like finishing.
- Charcadet was done with a black brush pen then I went over with brush pens. The colors were alright, I still have no idea how to blend with these pens though. I wasn't too keen on ripping my paper to find out.
- Noctowl began with the wings, and this was when I realised the brush pens had two sides for a reason. So I experimented with using the fine tip side for some hatching, think it worked out alright.
- Noibat was originally intended to be done in a similar way to Charcadet with an outline then being colored in, but I just kept drawing it and decided I liked the pen texture and kept it black and white.

None of these had any pencil or planning beneath because I couldn't find my eraser lol, all mons were referenced from Sugimori/anime art.

Closeups of Noibat and Charcadet because I like them:
Welp the Noibat image was too large, I'll link it instead.
Charcadet's image was fortunately small enough, enjoy its higher resolution glory! :D
2023-10-18-charcadet.jpg

Until next time :P (ive decided im ending off my posts with this now)

So, I got some new brush pens. Been testing them with some pokemon drawings of what !randpoke decided to give me. My favourites here are the Noibat and Charcadet, can't decide which one I like more.
View attachment 563153
- Chespin had some lines with fountain pen before I did the brush pen part and instantly disliked the colors. Might have also been on me for trying to do some ambitious red backlighting.
- Shinx was horrendously poorly planned (aka I just started drawing lines and then realised it was disproportionate) and I didn't feel like finishing it.
- The half covered person and face in the middle done in purple was also something I started and didn't feel like finishing.
- Charcadet was done with a black brush pen then I went over with brush pens. The colors were alright, I still have no idea how to blend with these pens though. I wasn't too keen on ripping my paper to find out.
- Noctowl began with the wings, and this was when I realised the brush pens had two sides for a reason. So I experimented with using the fine tip side for some hatching, think it worked out alright.
- Noibat was originally intended to be done in a similar way to Charcadet with an outline then being colored in, but I just kept drawing it and decided I liked the pen texture and kept it black and white.

None of these had any pencil or planning beneath because I couldn't find my eraser lol, all mons were referenced from Sugimori/anime art.

Charcadet's image was fortunately small enough, enjoy its higher resolution glory! :D
View attachment 563154

Great art inkwash! Charcadet is def my fav among these, looks really fiery and colorful. I love the explanations and thought process behind each of those. Love all of the art <3 c:

PS: Glad you found the eraser in the end, lmao

View attachment 563153

View attachment 563154

I especially love the Charcadet, one of my favorite pre-evo designs. Love the art Dino!

Phew it's been a year since I posted this art thread. Thanks for all the kind words everyone c:

Meanwhile here's what I've done recently! This wasn't actually intended to be some big project, it just managed to be the sketch I was working on at this time.

Transcript of what I wrote at the bottom:
Here's to the 1 year anniversary of my art thread! A bit of a late post but that's alright. I decided to draw some sketches of the mons I chose for Smogfight here. Audino's a bookworm who likes to set things on fire, Pichu's learning magic and likes brewing potions, and Shuckle the cortornist practices archery. ~Audiino
I retrospectively realised that I misspelt contortionist. Whoops :p

There'll be some more slightly less spaced out uploads for the next month or so as I draw stuff for Smogfight, I've got some fun ideas planned for those :]

Alright here's the first of many smogfight drawing reposts! Except here you'll get more behind the scenes stuff, namely the ref page and sketch.

three-iron-valiants-as-spidey-meme-upload.png

My initial plan for this was smoother rendering and trying to get everything to look nicer than this, but then I realised it was already taking me forever and I wanted to draw other stuff too. So I decided let's go broad strokes and that helped speed things up. I particularly like how I did the poses, although they do seem a little stiff they're decently accurate.

three-iron-valiants-as-spidey-meme-ref-upload.png

A huge piece like this comes with its own huge ref page. Iron Valiant was useful for character design and important elements, the meme for pose and composition, the night street photography for lighting, color, and scale.

iron-valiant-sketch-practice.jpg

Before starting on this digitally I drew some quick pencil sketches to break down some complex parts and understand how Iron Valiant was constructed. I have one complaint, which is that my amazing attempts at good legs in the final piece were mostly blocked by the petal-like dress part of the design that I decided to include :")

More art being delivered... I got a new ipad recently, and I officially prefer it over my drawing tablet. On another note, reflected light and colors being reflected that way is so fun to draw.

2024-02-18 Iron Bundle, Rotom Wash, Porygon2-upload.png

Reflected colors go brr, hence copious use of the color picker tool occurred in the making of this piece. Another part that I is the Rotom Wash in general, specifically the hose since it's got some cool angular shapes with a clear form.

1708259253536.png

In the end I went with a mashup of the two portrait thumbnails, the poses similar to the top one but each mon was slightly tilted in opposite directions like the second portrait thumbnail.

IMG_0029.jpg

Yep, this was drawn on the same page as the Iron Valiant :p
There was space there, so why not.
IMG_0031.jpg

The rest of Porygon2's family managed to sneak into the drawing somehow, don't ask me how they did it.

Finally got around to taking pictures of the sketches I drew before making this piece. Back to traditional this time since I wanted to finish something quickly, and I'm faster with traditional compared to digital :P

attack-on-bt-upload.png

My favourite part is the highlights I shaded on the Torterra and to a lesser extent the Budew. Budew just gets less points because it's smaller and there's less scope to show off my attempts at doing color gradients with markers lol. Meanwhile my least favourite would have to be the color choice on the Aipom since it really doesn't blend in with the rest of the color palette. Feel like it could have been more cohesive if I went for some better fitting color, something more blue/red tinged as either would be closer to greens. Although I guess stuff like this would have been better tested out digitally.

2024-02-26-composition-sketches.jpg

I didn't do the idea on the left because it felt overdone, and there's one falling Aipom on the right. And Torterra gets its face drawn a couple of times.

2024-02-13-pokemon-sketches.jpg

I didn't know Torterra was this complex;; (okay it's actually not super complex, it's just more than the other Pokemon I've been drawing)

If you're curious, no it didn't take me 13 days to draw this, it took me 13 days to set aside enough time to draw it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)