Strategy & Metagame The Anything Goes Metagame [AG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I am new to the Smog, but it is in my interest to talk about the following.

I would like to write about the AG metagame. I am fairly experienced - knowing what is common and not in the AG metagame and I can write about abusing it, notable Pokemon, etc. I am interested in this topic and have studied trends in multiple games of my own and others. I have seen many battle strategies in to play, so I would like to format this entry like this
  • Why Mega Rayquaza was too much for the Ubers metagame
  • The Creation of Anything Goes [AG]
  • Buffed Pokemon
  • Powerful Strategies
  • Preparing for the AG Metagame
  • Conclusion
It would be a pleasure to write for this, and I am dedicated for the work! I have written some OU analysis and did a powerful run down in the Anything Goes megaspeculation thread in the Ubers sub forum, so please excuse me for not have any pre-existing badges. Thanks!

~Vertex

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
AG was literally created four days ago, I have a hard time believing that the meta has stabilised to such a point where one can deduce what strategies are better than others. I'm still open to have this topic covered, just that it won't be written for this issue but instead the next (#39).

Melee Mewtwo shrang Sweep , opinions? Do you know this guy?

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm ok with it being delayed so we can have a better idea of what's "good" strategies are.

Yea, I am fine with writing it for Issue #39. I have more time to play and I can explore new strategies. Is it ok if I can do this for Issue 39?

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright then! Vertex , I've now given you access to our workshop. Here's a general message we give all new writers:

1) Get your stuff done on time. If there's ever a situation that comes up, talk with The Smog Staff, and we'll make accommodations. The key here is communication; we need to hear from you if something is up that will prevent you from meeting the deadline. Try to get your stuff done in two weeks if possible, in order to give the GP/HTML/art team time to get everything done.

2) Don't leak any of our stuff until the release happens. This includes art and any other information. If you ever want feedback on your work or have questions, you can join us in #thesmog on IRC (if you don't have IRC, you can PM me or another staffer on the forums and I'll give you a link).

If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask The Smog Staff. When you post your thread in the Article Workshop, you need to set labels for it. You'll need to set the issue's number too. For the tags that say WIP, Grammar, etc, those are the stages your article are in. Since you'll ideally be working on the article after posting your thread, mark it as WIP. When you finish, move it to Grammar and get it checked twice by other people. Afterward is the HTML stage and someone will put it into HTML code. Your article will eventually get art done for it and it'll be complete!
Welcome to the force!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)