SV OU The Alliance

Table of Contents:
1. Introduction
2. The Team

Introduction:
Hey y'all! I'd like to share my first attempt at an offensive team for SV OU, I'm currently climbing the ranks (1299 at the time of writing this). When Dragonite is supported by entry hazard and screens, on top of weakness policy + extreme speed, it becomes a force to be reckoned with.

This team is designed to be an offensive style. The basic idea is to send out Glimmora as a lead to set up stealth rocks, and either spikes or mortal spin. Next is Dragapult, who is there to set up screens. Then proceed to set up Dragonite.

The Team:
66c4dfa4-e6bd-4747-bd9c-60b82062b0e7.jpeg

Glimmora (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Mortal Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Earth Power​
- Chose Glimmora to act as primary lead and hazard removal
- EVs chosen to maximize special attack and speed
- Mortal Spin for hazard control, Stealth Rock/Spikes for hazard entry, Earth Power for STAB
8a72fbf9-20f4-4689-9018-dd8da579691a.jpeg

Dragapult (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Cursed Body
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn​
- Chose Dragapult to set up screens and act as speed control
- EVs chosen to give some health and speed
- Reflect/Light Screen to give set-up sweepers better chance to sweep, Thunder Wave for speed control, U-turn for pivot
Kingambit.jpeg

Kingambit (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head​
- Chose Kingambit to act as a physical wallbreaker and set-up sweeper/revenge killer
- EVs chosen to give some bulk and maximize attack
- Sucker Punch for priority, Swords Dance to boost attack, Kowtow Cleave STAB, Iron Head STAB
Iron Valiant.jpeg

Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Chose Iron Valiant as a mixed wallbreaker
- EVs chosen to capitalize on special attack
- Moonblast/Close Combat are STAB moves, Thunderbolt and Psychock coverage moves
Gholdengo Art - Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Art Gallery.jpeg

Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Make It Rain
- I chose Gholdengo because for its ability and to act as a wallbreaker/set-up sweeper
- EV spreads chose to maximize special attack and speed
- Nasty Plot to boost special attack, Shadow Ball primary STAB, Trick to lock mons into non damaging moves, Make It Rain other STAB move
46861e39-523b-48de-95ab-deca863aa9ea.jpeg

Dragonite (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Roost​
- Chose Dragonite to act as a sweeper
- EV spreads to give some more health, maximize attack, and give a little bit of speed
- Dragon Dance to boost stats, Extreme Speed for priority move, Fire Punch to give coverage (Gholdengo), Roost to give survivability

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm in the holiday spirit, I'll give you a quick rate since you put effort in your RMT.

I think Glimmora should not just have Earth Power, it's probably best to drop spikes or stealth rock (I would prefer spikes on this team) and go for Power Gem > Spikes, which allows you to hit Flying types and remove Air Balloon from some Gholdengo leads.

Dragapult should have Curse over Thunder Wave, so you're able to force whatever switches in / or tries to setup and break it down to switch out. I will also say it's probably best to go with Dragon Dart over U-Turn as your only attack move which hits almost everything and makes Dragapult not as passive as a screen setter.

I think Tera Fairy would be a nice option with Kingambit or even Tera Fire so you don't get statused. If you do go the Tera Fairy route definitely give Gambit Lum Berry.

Iron Valiant should be Timid Nature and I would go with this set specifically:

:Iron Valiant:
Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Encore / Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball

It will allow you to hit physical walls as well as set up, which is preferred behind screens. Encore allows you to stop opposing sweepers which is a nice option to have so it just depends on what you want to lean with. Tera Ghost is to power up Shadow Ball.

I think Gholdengo should be more bulky, and drop Choice Scarf and go with Air Balloon then drop Trick for Recover.

:gholdengo:
Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Make It Rain

Have a good one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)