SV OU Tera-Electric Electro Shot Archaludon Rain Team

Hey everyone, I'm new to comp, but with ScarVi, I really wanted to try to make an attempt to get into it. It took me a bit of time to decide what to start with, but I figured this would be a good sort of team, with it being focused around optimizing Archaludon's offensive potential. However, I'm not sure exactly what to add to this team to make it as good as possible.

Litelink (Archaludon) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Stamina
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Electro Shot
- Body Press
- Flash Cannon
- Dragon Pulse

Litelink is the core of the team. Once primary threats are taken out with Barraskewda and H-Samurott, Archaludon comes in with rain set up to light up the enemy team with as many Electro Shots as possible. Flash Cannon and Dragon Pulse are for coverage, and Body Press is to help use Stamina as a backup offensive option.

Pelops (Pelipper) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Roost
- U-turn
- Weather Ball

Pelops is the primary lead, setting up rain and then Tailwind to allow Barraskewda to outspeed virtually everything. Roost is an emergency option if Pelops is one of the last standing, U-Turn is to pivot freely into other mons like Iron Treads to dispose of Hazards or H-Samurott to set them up. Weather Ball is for stab emergency damage.

Treadin' Water (Iron Treads) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Knock Off

Treadin' Water is the Anti-Hazards/Damage Tank 'mon of the team. Iron Defense helps boost Body Press in the event of needing to deal damage. Knock Off is to help stop Leftovers dependent mons, and you can guess what the Rapid spin is for.

Skewpion (Barraskewda) @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Flip Turn
- Liquidation
- Poison Jab

Skewpion is the initial all-out attacker of the team, coming in to eliminate the primary threats to the other members. Aqua Jet in case Rain and Tailwind have either ended or can no longer be set up, and Flip Turn is incase the current enemy isn't a good matchup for it. Liquidation is the primary attacking option on it, and Poison Jab is coverage against Grass and Ground types that the team tends to struggle with.

Maguma (Samurott-Hisui) @ Muscle Band
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Cutter
- Ceaseless Edge
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Maguma is a mix of attacker and trap setter, taking advantage of Ceaseless Edge to help the team wear down bigger walls and threats. Swords Dance is to improve the damage of Ceaseless Edge and Aqua Cutter, which already improve in damage from Sharpness. Finally, Knock Off is their to help out in situations where Treadin' Water wouldn't do so well.

Linea (Hydrapple) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Fickle Beam
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Linea is the final member, and acts as a proper tank to take care of the biggest threat to the team, Ground and Water-Ground types. Sub and Recover pair well with Leftovers and Regenerator to make it hard to take down, with Giga Drain adding additional longevity and a massive counter for the Water-Ground types that give the team such an issue, and Fickle Beam is for backup damage output if necessary.

Again, this is my first team, so any feedback and help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
I assume this is HO, so I think Nasty Plot > Recover fits on a more offensive team for Hydrapple, as you already have a lot of ways to heal up (Regenerator, Giga Drain) and with Nasty Plot Hydrapple can abuse its high Spe Atk. Sticking with Hydrapple, Switch to Tera Water or Steel as Tera Grass won't take away the Ice weakness and Tera Steel ad Water are just better defensive types.

Ogrepon Wellspring does what Samurott does better, and has better speed and attack.

If you replace Samurott, the Stealth Rock > Iron Defense and Heavy Duty Boots > Booster Energy makes it a good lead to set up rocks and spin hazards. If you want to pivot out, you can use Volt Switch over Body Press.

Hope you enjoy competitive pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)