Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Side servers generally don't support HTTPS, try HTTP (which worked for me on chrome) http://sports.psim.us/

Also as a note this is for technical support with the main server, not side servers.
I'm using Edge for now, but it feels like a temporary solution.

As stated in my original post, removing the S from HTTPS manually does nothing and it automatically boots in HTTPS regardless.

Regardless, thank you for the feedback.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I'm using Edge for now, but it feels like a temporary solution.

As stated in my original post, removing the S from HTTPS manually does nothing and it automatically boots in HTTPS regardless.

Regardless, thank you for the feedback.
Firefox is doing that yes, were looking into a fix.

I'm having the exact same problem. Using a Chromebook and ever since around noon yesterday, it's been saying that it couldn't connect to server. I haven't tested this on any other web browsers, but does anybody have any tips besides what's already been said - nothing has been working.

SidTheShuckle

Everyday I’m Shucklin’
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
  1. Operating system: Windows 11
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it): Google Chrome
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?: No
  4. When did this problem start?: a few days ago
  5. Your PS username: SidTheShuckle
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.).:
    1644540753796.png
I'm getting invasive pop up ads on Showdown whenever I click anywhere on the site. There were a few others that I found encountered the same problem, so I decided I needed to report this problem. Has there been a breach on the site? I don't know what's going on

Admin Edit: No we have NOT been breached, we get our ads through google and sometimes google lets bad ads through.

Last edited by a moderator:
  1. Operating system: MacOS
  2. Web Browser: Safari
  3. Have you tried other browsers?: Yes, Chrome, Same Problem
  5. The Problem: Visiting the website keeps redirecting me to malicious/scam websites within a short amount of time. This only occurs for me in PS (never had an ad redirect me from a reputable website before), and based on some other users' reports it seems to be a problem on this site. This happens nearly every time.

6. Mia edit: please provide screenshots of the ads, otherwise we cannot act on them.
Op edit: What, are you going to blacklist the specific website? The website I was sent to changed each time, and I quickly closed the tab each time when it was clear that I was getting sent to windows-secureit or mcafee something or other. Sorry, but I don't feel comfortable purposely visiting a malicious website. Hopefully somebody else can do that I guess :/

Last edited:
  1. Operating system: iOs 14 (iPhone 11)
  2. Web Browser: Safari
  3. Have you tried other browsers?: Yes, Chrome, and Firefox Same Problem
  4. When did this problem start?: a week ago
  5. Ps name: Al
  6. The Problem: Everytime I try to play a game and go to the mobile website, my screen gets stuck on ‘loading...’. It stays on ‘loading...’ for several minutes and does nothing. I have tried different browsers but none are working on my phone. I have tried it on my laptop on the same internet network. Showdown works on my laptop on both the application and the browser. So it’s definitely an issue on my phone. I have deleted all website date and history and cleared the cache many times. Restarted the phone, tried different wi-fi acces points. I have seen the same problem posted on this forum before, however the given solutions do not work for me. Help me pleaseee!
    293409A6-66BE-44E5-A884-EBD0FB71935A.jpeg
    9C6E7196-B71E-48B4-AB3E-8F74723C9AE4.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the same problem as spacman2001__
  1. Operating system: MacOS
  2. Web Browser: Chrome
  3. Have you tried other browsers?: Yes, Safari, Same Problem
  5. The Problem: Visiting the website keeps redirecting me to malicious/scam websites within a short amount of time. This only occurs for me in PS (never had an ad redirect me from a reputable website before). This happens nearly every time.
Here are two screenshots I've been able to get

Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 12.31.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 12.37.22 PM.png
The screenshots are in Incognito mode, but this has happened in both Incognito and Regular Mode.

hey guys, making an account just to post this specifically, :)
  1. Operating system: Windows 10
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it): Chrome
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?: I do not bother to use team builder on other browsers so I have not had the opportunity to experience it on other browsers.
  4. When did this problem start? I first mentioned it to my friends at 2/15/2022 1am est.
  5. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.).

It seems as if I get redirected to the malicious sites if I leave pokemon showdown idle for too long, as if its replacing the little "you went offline possibly because of the server restarting" window, is it possible someone found an exploit using this?
I read this off of the help thread from that site, to post them here.

if you want screenshots of the sites specifically i can send the links to them :))) im not going to open them again sorry

hello so basically i have a bug. it started like this. i was on teambuilder, making a team. im on mobile btw. and basically i disconnected. when i reconnected, all the selections for moves and items were gone. it was just the background. stats were fine tho. and so i tried to restart the website, still wasnt there. restarted my phone. still wasnt there. and no one has the same problem as me. so yeah im worried this will be permanent. maybe a server restart or smth might fix it. but yeah. i can do moves and items manually but its kinda annoying that they dont appear and i cant see my selections.

Attachments

• iOS 13.5
• Safari for iPhone
• Tried Chrome with no luck either
• A week ago
• IndigoPKMN

Showdown gets stuck on "Loading ..." on phone regardless of browser or wifi/cellular data, issue persists even on other servers that are not the main, cannot even access rooms or login

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-13 at 21.24.38.jpeg

1. Tried with no luck deleting cache/cookies, clearing website data, changing to other wifi, resetting to factory settings
2. Going incognito mode doesn't help, https://sim3.psim.us/showdown/ gives the "Welcome to SockJS!" as it should
3. Relevant to note that occurs only on mobile, on computer PS works just fine

I’m trying to choose my username to login on Pokémon showdown and when I put it my password it says it’s incorrect. Then I come back to the forum to change my password (successfully) and go back to PS and it doesn’t work again??? I am confusion

1. Windows 10
2. Opera GX
3. Chrome and Microsoft Edge
4. February 20/21 i can't pinpoint the day but i believe it was yesterday night
5. KazzyTojoChairman
6. Whenever i try to play showdown i receive this message
imagen_2022-02-21_123509.png

tried basically everything already, retry/retry with HTTP do nothing

also i went into this link
imagen_2022-02-21_123926.png
and it looks like normal showdown but i can't seem to find any battles, i would like to play on the normal showdown page if that's possible

edit: i also get this one message when i try to change names
1645461658938.png

so maybe i was banned? but i doubt it since i barely even talk in battles :/ and i've never typed a thing in the other chats

edit 2: i tried using a VPN which now lets me play but now my account is permalocked? wtf? how can i get my account back to normal? also when i try to make a ticket is says that my ip is the same as "simplechimp"?

final edit: fixed!!

Attachments

Last edited:
1. Windows 10
2. Chrome
3. Microsoft Edge
4. Today
5. Kerts
6. Whenever i try to connect to PS using my Wi-fi I get:
1645462271961.png

I cannot connect to main ps server or smogtours. I tried connecting to side servers like https://sports.psim.us/ and it works.
If I'm using my mobile data instead of the Wi-fi, it connects just fine.
I also tried connecting using a VPN and then it works. So it looks like something IP related.

Edit: it's working fine now

Last edited:
iPadOS 15.3.1
safari
So this like alkassab’s situation started like 2 weeks ago it’s the same problem they’re currently having where I can access the site but nothing loads only team builder which all I can do is create new teams and boxes cant do anything else I don’t know what the problem is but it wont load it says loading... on everything but nothing is loading can somebpdy help? FIX THIS PLEASE.
C4AB1C89-6E96-4702-8601-A5EFB8FDF347.png
C4AB1C89-6E96-4702-8601-A5EFB8FDF347.png

Last edited:
1. Windows 10
2. Chrome
3. Microsoft edge, still didnt work.
4.Today
5.Synrex_(Bruh)
6. Whenever i try to play showdown it just does this. I've tried restarting my router countless times and my pc, tried it on mobile even on the showdown application problem still persists
1647360800087.png

Hi all, the devs are aware of the fact that there's a problem, no need to keep posting about the same issue :blobthumbsup:
Mia edit: I've found the bug and am working to fix it. Patience, thanks!
Hi thanks for working on this! Any update so far? I still have no succes yet trying to connect with my phone.

when i am in a battle, I am unable to select the last two pokemon in party to lead with or switch into. In addition, i am unable to select the final move in my moveslot in battle

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
April Fools Day sprites are still loading for me by default.

doing /afd off or /afd disable only fixes the problem until my next reload.

How do I permanently fix this?

I've tried clearing my cookies but the problem still persists.

This is only on mobile though (Android, Google Chrome) and when I use a regular window. It loads regular sprites when I open an Incognito window

Fragments

Bound to burn
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
There seems to be an issue with afd sprites still being in effect for some users on the server. Everytime I log onto PS, the default sprites are afd sprites and I have to use /afd off to remove them. I have been informed other users on the site are experiencing this same problem. I have also made sure that I am using the main server, that doesn't seem to be the issue.

1. Ubuntu 20.04
2. Firefox, but not applicable in this situation
3. Microsoft edge, but still not applicable
4. 4/9/22
5. Deryv
6. I'm trying to start up the command-line version of the battle simulator. I cloned the Github repo, built it, ran ./pokemon-showdown simulate-battle, and input the sample commands but nothing happened. I even tried entering stuff that I expected would have given an error but the program was completely unresponsive to my inputs. How do I start up the command-line version of the battle simulator?

1. Win10
  2. Firefox
  3. Chrome
  4. September 12, 2021
  5. cad.furion
  6. Like many people in this thread, I am receiving this error (specifically on https://sports.psim.us).
    View attachment 402336
    'Retry' and 'Retry with HTTP' do nothing.
    Manually removing the s from 'https' does nothing, it simply reloads the page in https again.

After an exhaustive search of this thread I can't find a single person with my issue who received effective feedback.

The FAQ post from 2012 is comical though. :boatogostandode:

Draft League is starting Monday and I need to get this resolved ASAP.
  • Win11
  • Opera
  • Chrome, Firefox
  • September 9, 2021
  • thiccvolt
  • I have the same issue. I have tried different browsers, turning off adblocks and firewall and network reset. This seems to only happen on custom servers like sports, https://play.pokemonshowdown.com itself is working fine for me, and Retry with HTTP is doing nothing for me. On my phone it works after i press "Retry with HTTP" but that's not really a solution, id strongly prefer playing on PC. Please help

I've been having similar problems. My old Chromebook literally broke while I was playing Pokemon Showdown, and the new Chromebook I got can't connect to PS at all. The main server and the Smogtours server are both inaccessible to me, but other servers such as sports seem to work just fine. My phone is able to connect no problem even without the help of HTTP, but my Chromebook won't connect with either option.

In case it matters, my new Chromebook's model number is CX22N.

I play on phone it could be something with that but I think I should still mention it
When I got into showdown today I checked my teams and they were all gone like they were deleted even though I did not delete them and I can’t get them back does this happen with a lot of people but it’s really annoying. Anyway, sorry for the trouble

• Win11
  • Opera
  • Chrome, Firefox
  • September 9, 2021
  • thiccvolt
  • I have the same issue. I have tried different browsers, turning off adblocks and firewall and network reset. This seems to only happen on custom servers like sports, https://play.pokemonshowdown.com itself is working fine for me, and Retry with HTTP is doing nothing for me. On my phone it works after i press "Retry with HTTP" but that's not really a solution, id strongly prefer playing on PC. Please help
FIXED! The issue was caused by a security software that can block certain suspicious internet content such as phishing or spyware. It was interfering with HTTPS and blocking the site from functioning. I had tried turning it off and it did not help, but after uninstalling and rebooting sports.psim.us immediately worked again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)