Programming Teambuilder

What I've always felt missing when building a team is the lack of visual tools, you always have to take out your pencil and paper, write down why you did this and not that and/or use a lot of text commands and tools scattered on different websites.

The aim of this project is to create a teambuilder with a collection of built-in tools and filters helpful in the building process.

Features:
  • Allows you to filter and sort Pokémon, items and moves in almost every possible way
  • Allows you to store your teams and categorize them in folders
  • It's completely compatible with Showdown!, so every team and set you build here can be exported to showdown and vice versa
  • Shows you the weaknesses and resistances of your whole team or of each individual Pokémon
  • Shows you the usage stats of a format of your choice, with information about each Pokémon
This is a project i've been working one as a hobby in order to learn Javascript, it's still far from being completed and there are a lot of interesting things I would like to add and change in the future.

Let me know if your have any advice! (or if you find a bug lol)

You can find it here: https://heliosteambuilder.herokuapp.com/

P.S.: it's also a pwa, so it works even while offline and on mobile it can be added to the home screen like a native app.

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What I've always felt missing when building a team is the lack of visual tools, you always have to take out your pencil and paper, write down why you did this and not that and/or use a lot of text commands and tools scattered on different websites.

The aim of this project is to create a teambuilder with a collection of built-in tools and filters helpful in the building process.

Features:
  • Allows you to filter and sort Pokémon, items and moves in almost every possible way
  • Allows you to store your teams and categorize them in folders
  • It's completely compatible with Showdown!, so every team and set you build here can be exported to showdown and vice versa
  • Shows you the weaknesses and resistances of your whole team or of each individual Pokémon
  • Shows you the usage stats of a format of your choice, with information about each Pokémon
This is a project i've been working one as a hobby in order to learn Javascript, it's still far from being completed and there are a lot of interesting things I would like to add and change in the future.

Let me know if your have any advice! (or if you find a bug lol)

You can find it here: https://heliosteambuilder.herokuapp.com/

P.S.: it's also a pwa, so it works even while offline and on mobile it can be added to the home screen like a native app.
Awesome idea! As someone who loves team building this tool seems to be great. I hope more people support and help you. All the best !

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Cool stuff, I especially like how you managed to integrate usage statistics into the builder. That's a great quality of life improvement.

Are you going to add more tiers to the usage statistics section? Lower tiers possibly?

As for bugs, I think the weakness section under coverage for some reason doesn't recognise Flying type as a Ground immunity.

Keep it up!

Cool stuff, I especially like how you managed to integrate usage statistics into the builder. That's a great quality of life improvement.

Are you going to add more tiers to the usage statistics section? Lower tiers possibly?

As for bugs, I think the weakness section under coverage for some reason doesn't recognise Flying type as a Ground immunity.

Keep it up!
Just added them, if you feel like there should be more formats let me know!
I also fixed that bug with the Flying type :D

Looking forward to seeing this fleshed out. Is there a way to filter searching for pokemon by tier (eg UU and lower)?

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
Looking forward to seeing this fleshed out. Is there a way to filter searching for pokemon by tier (eg UU and lower)?
I'm actually quite looking forward to this added feature. Additionally, I would add the tier lists for lower-tier old gens such as gen 3-6 ZU gen 3-5 PU, etc. This would make teambuilding leagues easier for people looking to get into old gens or just attempting to build for tournaments.

Well guys, here are some updates.
First of all, the formats system is now complete and a lot of interesting (at least in my opinion) features are now available as well.
To sum it up:
  • You can now build a team in all the main formats and validate it as you would do on ps (links to sample teams, ruleset and so on are included in the validation box as well).
  • Thanks to the formats system you can now receive live building suggestions. In particular the teambuilder sorts out the pokemon, items and moves you're most likely to use based on the usage stats and the pokemon currently in your team.
  • The list of pokemon in the usage tab can now be filtered and it's navigable with arrow keys and enter as well.
  • In the coverage tab you can now select a pokemon in your team and see its moves effectiveness against the top pokemon in the team's format usage stats.
  • When a stat is changed by an item it's now shown in a different color (blue if doubled, green if x1.5 and red if halved).
Now i'm starting to work on some features related to sets and spreads.
I'll let you know more soon!

Feel free to leave any feedback! :D

Hi! I just found your team builder and it's a godsend! I planned on using it just to ensure my type coverage for the regular, casual game was solid, but I'm not really sure how the columns page for coverage works (which column is which), and I'd use the groups tab, but it doesn't tell me what types I'm missing coverage for, and if it does I'm blind and I can't see it. Is there an FAQ or something that explains any of that, or can one be made?

hhhhhh i did something
i tried changing the format or whatever to gen 8 RU, but it lagged the page out and whenever i tried to reload, exit out, etc it stays blank. i had to reload it a million times just to get back to the page again. my internets fine, as my online classes were working well with no lag. is this just a glitch or am i just not doing something right?

Hi. This team builder is so easy to use and really helpful. But I noticed that usage doesn't load when the team is for Anything goes and I accidentally changed the format and now it doesn't want to work. Is this some sort of glitch?
Edit: The problem with changing the format can be fixed if you make another team that you didn't change the format of but that is kind of hard to do since it only works for a second before it crashes. But after that, it keeps lagging whenever you make the format, not like that first one. So, for example, I put anything that goes as my first format and now if I add another team and use a different format than anything goes it will always crash. This can also happen if you change the format for usage. Also when you do coverage for a single pokemon and use moves effectiveness it says none for all categories.

Last edited:
Are there any plans to update the team builder with the latest gen? This is my fav builder and would love to use it for S/V!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)