Resource Team Bazaar

Back at it again with another fun offense team!

Dragon Spam

This team was originally built as a DragMag team, but I found Magnezone to be unnecessary for this team to function in the current meta, and replaced it with Mimikyu, to much success! The team then became a Dragon Spam team, backed up by Unaware Quagsire, Hatterene, and Mimikyu. Let's get into the members!

Choice Scarf Salamence is a terror of an offensive Pokemon, throwing out Dual Wingbeats and Outrages much faster than it is expected to be able to, and ruining many Pokemons' capabilities to revenge KO it. Choice Scarf Salamence hits a blistering 492 Speed, outspeeding basically everything that isn't a faster Choice Scarfer, an Unburdened Hawlucha, or a weather-boosted Pokemon, like Swift Swim Barraskewda. Salamence's natural bulk means that it can take a hit or two if needed while performing its duties, and allows Salamence to be an excellent Healing Wish recipient from Hatterene if the opportunity to receive it arises. Moxie means that Salamence only becomes more powerful with each KO, making switching around it a nightmare. Finally, Tera Flying jacks Dual Wingbeat up to truly destructive levels of power, ripping through even the bulkiest of physical tanks at +1. Salamence can be used as a wallbreaker, revenge killer, or sweeper, depending on the game state.

Lum Berry Haxorus is a Dragon Dance user that beats Unaware Quagsire due to its Mold Breaker ability ignoring Unaware, making it a physical boosting threat not stopped by one of the most splashable checks to physical boosting threats. Haxorus boasts an excellent Base Attack of 147, making for an Outrage that throttles anything that isn't a Fairy-type after a boost. Tera Steel in combination with Iron Head allows Haxorus to flip the matchup on Fairies that would threaten it, and gives it a decent offensive option without any immunities (which Outrage and Earthquake do have). Lum Berry is chosen to allow Haxorus to Dragon Dance through a Will-O-Wisp if needed, or to snap it out of confusion after using Outrage.

Nasty Plot Hydreigon is the team's Special attacking Dragon, which gives it a valuable differentiating quality from the other two Dragons on the team, allowing it to set up on and threaten a different set of Pokemon than the other two Dragons. Notably, Hydreigon has a much easier time setting up on Quagsire and Gastrodon. Hydreigon also does not fear Pokemon like Donphan and Armarouge due to Levitate and its Dark typing, respectively. 3 Attacks + Leftovers were chosen to allow Hydreigon to threaten as wide a pool of Pokemon as possible, and Tera Steel, like with Haxorus, allows Hydreigon to flip its matchup against Fairy-types.

Wood Hammer Mimikyu provides the team with a crucial Normal immunity and a secondary Fairy-type so that the team does not immediately crumple to other Dragons if Hatterene goes down. Wood Hammer was chosen to lure in and OHKO Quagsire, and is also useful for hitting Hippowdon and Gastrodon much harder than Play Rough. Mimikyu's ability Disguise also gives the team some vital recourse against other offensive teams, allowing it to take a hit from fast, frail offensive Pokemon like Gengar, Espathra, and opposing Hydreigon, and KO them in return. The Normal immunity Mimikyu provides is critical for taking on Extreme Killer Lucario and Boomburst Noivern, while the Dragon immunity allows it to switch into Draco Meteors and Outrages from other Dragons to steal momentum back. The priority provided by Shadow Sneak can also be crucial in closing games out against fast offensive threats like Endure + Weak Armor Armarouge and Choice Scarf Gallade.

Healing Wish Hatterene serves 3 main purposes on this team. First, it switches into attempts to lay hazards to bounce them back and allow its offensive teammates to hit the field with as much HP as possible. Second, it provides Healing Wish to completely restore weakened offensive teammates back to full HP and rid them of status, which gives them a second shot at wallbreaking and/or sweeping. Third, it provides another Dragon immunity to the team, which comes in very handy when half the team is weak to Dragon! Hatterene is also capable of causing damage on its own with Calm Mind and Mystical Fire + Draining Kiss, forcing opposing teams to attack it rather than trying to set up and blocking attempts to status its teammates or cripple them with Encore.

Encore Quagsire provides Stealth Rocks for the team, alongside a valuable check to opposing physical boosting threats and potentially setup opportunities for its own teammates via Encore. Toxic is much less useful on an offensive team like this, and Encore allows Quagsire to lock opposing Pokemon into status/setup moves or exploitable attacks, giving its teammates opportunities to switch in and set up. Unaware allows it to check Pokemon like Hawlucha and Swords Dance Lucario for the team, while Surf + Recover allows it to not be completely passive while maintaining longevity.

So that's all! Like the last offensive team I posted, this one is pretty straightforward, and a ton of fun to play! If you need some proof of it working, I've included some replays below. Enjoy the team!

Last edited:
I've already shared this team a few times in the UU Room, so I thought it'd be a good idea to share it here as well.

:sv/Noivern: :sv/Bisharp: :sv/Brambleghast: :sv/Slither Wing: :sv/Gastrodon-East: :sv/Magnezone:

I've made it to 1600 on the ladder with this, before spiraling down again, because I'm bad lmao. This team does really well on the ladder tho, and it was mainly just built for that. It has some glaring weaknesses, like Tera Fighting Espathra 6-0s. However, the matchup against most rain teams is really good, and that's how this team was able to perform well, seeing as how common those rain teams are on the ladder.
I've added some info boxes to the pokepaste, for the people who can't be bothered to read all of this, because I already know I'm gonna talk too much. So if you just want to skip all of this, and have fun with the team, go ahead :)

:sv/Noivern:
Choice Specs Noivern has really impressed me with how easily it's able to beat most things on the midladder. STAB Boomburst Noivern has been a staple of OMs, and I'm glad it finally gets to shine in the official metas as well. It's a fast, and strong, nuke that a lot of teams on the ladder aren't prepared to deal with. It also works great against screens, thanks to Infiltrator, which is another bonus. I didn't expect it to have a good matchup vs rain, but if it's the standard rain of Pelipper/Floatzel/Barraskewda/Kilowattrel/Azumarill/filler, you lead Noivern vs Pelipper and kill something turn 1. It's also able to do really well against non rain teams as well. SpDef Gastro dies to 2 Boombursts, same with PhysDef Scream Tail. Teams with Tinkaton usually have Tinkaton as their only answer to this, and you're able to U-Turn on it, and go into Magnezone to trap it. Even if you don't go for the U-Turn, and just Boomburst Tinkaton on the switch, you're able to switch into Zone the next turn. It has baffled me that out of the roughly 50-80 games (I really don't have a clue how many games it actually has been. It could've also been 30, I'm awful at estimates.) not one single person has tried to double switch vs Magnezone. I'm guessing that they don't fear it, because they expect it to be the shitty Iron Defense Magnezone set. PSA: DON'T USE IRON DEFENSE MAGNEZONE, FERROTHORN IS NOT A THING. The reason Iron Defense on Zone became a thing in the first place is because it lost HP Fire, and had no other way to beat Ferrothorn, it's main target. Ferrothorn is not in the game anymore. Your main target is Tinkaton, which beats Iron Defense Zone with Encore + Knock Off spam. Anyways, ignore my rant, Draco Gengar on the switch, and have fun with this Noivern Set. Also, FUCK HURRICANE

:sv/Bisharp:
Bisharp has been great. Eviolite Bisharp is able to tank a decent amount of hits, and is this team's answer to Tera Fairy, and Tera Ghost Espathra. You can Tera Ghost as a last resort against Tera Fighting Espathra, and pray that it's already taken enough chip where Iron Head + First Impression kills. +2 Iron Head + First Impression always kills Espathra, but you have to pray that Bisharp hasn't taken enough chip yet, and doesn't die to Stored Power. I've honestly been thinking about Tera Psychic Bisharp, as dumb as that sounds, just to make the matchup vs TB Fighting Espathra more reliable. Another Tera option is Tera Fire, as this team struggles a bit vs Talonflame. It also turns Bisharp into the best Defog Deterrent you could ever ask for, seeing as how all the defensive Defoggers use Will-O-Wisp. But back to the set I'm actually using. Bisharp has mainly just been doing well as a Gengar check (keyword: check), and a potential late game cleaner with SD. Should I post more teams on here, you'll notice that all of them have at least one setup sweeper. That's just a part of how I build teams. But Bisharp is able to also work decently well as a Pivot, in games where you're mainly just trying to win with Noivern and Slither Wing. I run 148 Speed EVs on Bisharp, to speedcreep defensive Rotom-Appliances. You usually don't want to stay in vs them, as most times you won't kill, but the speed has been crucial in cases where Rotom has been chipped enough to the point where a +2 Night Slash kills. The speed has also helped in mirror matches against other Bisharps that lack Low Kick, as most of the ones I've ran into only run enough Speed for Adamant Azu, or no speed at all. Good Mon

:sv/Brambleghast:
Brambleghast really shines with the amount of role compression it offers, and is the only reason why I was even able to build this style of team in the first place. It functions as a Spikes setter, Rapid Spinner, and spinblocker, all at the same time. Now, I will admit that it's not the best at either of those jobs, and I have been critical of it, but this team is a perfect example of where you'd want to use Brambleghast, over other options in either role. Wind Rider has been nice, especially in cases where you fight a Kilowattrel on weatherless teams, and it's been funny against the rare Hippowdon that runs Whirlwind over Roar. Surprisingly enough, this thing has somehow been able to beat a few SD Lucarios that didn't get the chance to tera, because they ran Bullet Punch as their 4th move, which has further proven my point that Bullet Punch Lucario is bad. Don't use it. The thing that has really annoyed me with Brambleghast, however, is that it has to use a Colbur Berry to beat Donphan, otherwise the attack invested versions do way too much damage with Knock Off, and it has lost me some games in the past where I ran boots. The problem now is, because you're running Colbur Berry, you're not running Heavy-Duty-Boots, which makes the matchup vs Forretress horrible, as it always Volt Switches on the turn you come in, and heavily pressures Brambleghast with hazard damage that way. Fortunately tho, people have realized that Forretress isn't that good, and I've been seeing it less as a result. It's also been a nice spore absorber against Toedscruel, and beats the versions without Toxic. I once had my ass beat by Foul Play Toedscruel tho. The water resist can sometimes come in clutch vs rain, and the Fighting Immunity can sometimes deter Choice Band Barraskewda from clicking Close Combat. Also nice to switch into an Immunity after your Gastro has been hit by CC on the switch. I have to say this tho, I have trouble calling this a Kilowattrel check, and it def isn't a Kilowattrel Counter, cause it dies to 2 Thunder from Specs Kilowattrel, which is its best set. Please stop using boots Kilowatt on rain.

:sv/Slither Wing:

My child <3 I'm a supportive mother, and have been using my child in every UU team I've built so far. CB Slither Wing has been amazing as a Wallbreaker so far, and it's been able to do multiple jobs, because my child is talented <3 It does really well as a Wallbreaker, as there aren't many things that can take a neutral Close Combat (I'm not sure if there even are any, outside of the random Tera Water Avalugg), and U-Turn keeps up amazing pressure, does decent damage even against resistances, and allows Specs Noivern to switch in freely and kill something. U-Turn has allowed it to also function as an offensive Pivot, and banded First Impression is insanely strong and revengekills so many different things, on top of being able to threaten those Pokemon out, and giving you the opportunity to U-Turn on the switch. I know, the First Impression lock seems bad, because it gives the opponent a free turn, but I have seriously been able to beat some teams with multiple setup sweepers, just by clicking First Impression 5 times, because of how stupid this move is. You usually don't want to use it against screens, but this team already has a good matchup against those teams. Wild Charge is the preffered option on the last slot, because Talonflame is a bitch, and I hate getting burned by Flame Body. I've been using Tera Ghost on this, in the last few games I've played with it, as this team struggles against SD Lucario quite a bit. However, Tera Fire is an option that lets you click U-Turn 32 times against Talonflame teams, without having to worry about a thing. Another option, which I ran for most of this team's life, is Tera Bug, just because of how dumb that boosted U-Turn can be against fat teams without Talonflame, and how dumb that boosted First Impression is against offensive teams. Tera Dark is also an option, to catch Tera Fighting Espathra on the Stored Power.

:sv/Gastrodon-East:
Gastrodon has been great against rain so far. It's a SpDef Gastro, because I still don't see the reason for physically defensive Gastro, over Water Absorb Quag. Stealth Rock on this thing has been so good. I don't know if it already had rocks last gen, because i didn't play, but it's so good. It makes Gastrodon splashable on most teams, and I really haven't had a single game where Gastrodon has been useless. Rain is so common at this point, which makes it mandatory to have 1 Water Immunity, or at a least really defensive Water resist. I run Ice Beam on the last slot, because I hate Kilowattrel, and without it, Gastro barely works as a check against it (Specs Hurricane still has a 25% chance to 2HKO, on top of the chance to hax with confusion, it's fucking dumb). However, I will say that Clear Smog is a good second option, as it makes games vs Espathra easier, as well as Belly Drum Azumarill. I have been using Tera Poison on this, as a panic button vs Belly Drum Azumarill, as the chip from Earth Power can be crucial.

:sv/Magnezone:
I've already talked a lot about this in my rant earlier, so I won't have to say too much here. I've been using Assault Vest instead of Choice Specs, because I fucking hate Kilowattrel. It has surprised me tho, because it's been doing surprisingly well against other special attackers like Noivern, Toxtricity, and even Gengar sometimes. Mirror Coat is the one move that hits Kilowattrel, and most have just been clicking Weather Ball (which does 60% if it's specs, 40% with the bad set), probably because they're expecting Zone to be the shit Iron Defense set, or the good Specs set, which they expect to beat. It's also saved me a couple of times against Gengar, and funnily enough against some Hydreigons that didn't go for Sub. It's also good against Bisharp. While it doesn't beat Bisharp 1v1, it's able to get enough damage on it, which stops it from switching in on Noivern's Boomburst. Zone has also been able to beat SD versions of Tinkaton, and even some midladder versions with Brick Break. It's been a surprisingly good pivot, try it out. (Specs still better on most teams tho)

:espathra: - This one is tricky. Specs Boomburst from Noivern can do a decent amount of damage early on. Bisharp always beats the Tera Fairy, and Tera Ghost versions. If you're really scared of Tera Fighting, Tera Dark on Slither can be an option, to bait the Stored Power. If they're trying to sweep with only 2 CMs, Magnezone can live a +2 TB Fighting and kill with Mirror Coat, just hope that you have enough of the team left to still win the game after. But a lot of the time, if they're Tera Fighting, it's a loss.

:azumarill: - Very difficult to deal with. Try to handle CB Azu with Gastro + Magnezone. Get enough chip against Belly Drum Azu to put it in range of First Impression (43-51.7%). Magnezone has a low chance to live a +6 Aqua Jet. If you still have tera available, Tera Poison Gastro can be useful. Get some Iron Head flinches against CB Azu in some extremely dire situations. One of the biggest threats to the team.

:talonflame: - Annoying to deal with, because it can burn Slither Wing on U-Turn. Try to predict the switch to Talonflame by either using Wild Charge with Slither Wing, or double switching to Noivern, if you think it's gonna come in against Bisharp. Noivern can also take a WIl-O-Wisp, and then threaten a kill with Boomburst, but you can't switch it in too often, cause Brave Bird/Flare Blitz over time becomes a threat. If they're not Taunt, Gastrodon can deal with it, but the burn is annoying either way. Brave Bird Talonflames can also be dealt with, with Magnezone. Just make sure to keep hazards off the field

:slither wing: - Slither Wing plays nice against me, because I'm it's mother, but if you're facing it, it'll probably beat your ass. Jokes aside tho, it's a threat. Banded versions are easier to deal with. Brambleghast can come in on First Impression, barely live one, and then Strength Sap on the free turn after, which is why you always need to keep Bramble's HP high when you're fighting Slither Wing. Magnezone can sometimes come in on U-Turn, but it is very risky. Slither Wing on the mirror match can be a last resort. Try to keep hazards pressure up, cause that's mostly how you'll deal with Slither Wing. If it's Heavy-Duty-Boots, just forfeit and save yourself the time, cause you'll lose anyways.

:floatzel::barraskewda: - Gastro takes their STABs, and deals with most Floatzel, but don't stay in with Gastrodon against those two, and switch into Brambleghast a few times, just to scout if they're potentially Mystic Water with TB Grass. Slither Wing can also threaten them with First Impression, and keep up hazard pressure against them, if it's not a Hatterene Team. Sucker Punch Bisharp can also save you sometimes against Choice Band versions.

:kilowattrel: - 3 checks, and this bullshit mon is still a threat. If it's boots, you don't need to fear it, but if it's Choice Specs, it can win vs Gastrodon, with good enough rolls, or confusion. And it's not like you can just switch to Brambleghast to avoid it, because then it kills Gastrodon with Hurricane the next time it comes in, and if you predict Hurricane the next time and go to Brambleghast you take 60%. and the switch to Gastro then becomes predictable, and can easily be countered with a double. If it's locked into Weather Ball (you usually do this by U-Turning into Zone, or double switching into Magnezone, and baiting Weather Ball), Magnezone can kill it with Weather Ball, but you need to watch Zone's health, because if it's below 60%, Specs Weather Ball has a chance to kill.

:hatterene: - It can be annoying cause it prevents rocks, and can become a potential threat if it sets up. Thankfully, most of the team doesn't give it a chance to. Don't CC, or First Impression with Slither Wing, if Hatterene is on the team, unless the situation absolutely calls for it. Shadow Ball this on the switch with Brambleghast, and keep Magic Bounce in mind (it bounces Strength Sap. I didn't know and lost a game that way). If it sets up and teras, CC from Slither Wing kills the Steel versions, and kills Tera Watter Hatterene after a bit of chip (CC does 77.6-91.8%). If it doesn't tera, Bisharp beats it. Alternatively, Magnezone could Mirror Coat on the Mystical Fire, but don't rely on it, although it is a good switch vs the Nuzzle versions that have gotten more popular recently.

:hydreigon: - Can be annoying sometimes. It most likely will Tera Steel vs Noivern, so watch the health on Bisharp, and Slither Wing, as those 2 can deal with the Sub+NP+Taunt Set. In a pinch, Magnezone can tank a +2 Dark Pulse, but you have to be wary of Sub.

:gengar: - Don't be scared and just Night Slash it with Bisharp, don't Sucker Punch. They won't go for Focus Blast, they might not even have it. If they do, and they somehow manage to hit a 70% accurate Focus Blast, you call them bad in the chat, and forfeit. Seriously tho, Shadow Ball this on the switch with Brambleghast, a lot of people are greedy about their hazards, and really scared of Rapid Spin. Magnezone can take a hit and either kill with Mirror Coat, or do decent damage with T-Bolt. Draco Meteor this with Noivern, and don't Sucker Punch with Bisharp on the status move.

:rotom-wash: - If it's Choice Scarf, go to Magnezone on the Trick. It will receive the Assault Vest, and be unable to do anything against Gastrodon. If it's Leftovers, try to fish for a freeze with Gastro keep pressure on it with U-Turn and Night Slash, switch to Zone, and keep up pressure that way. It doesn't have recovery anymore.

:salamence::haxorus: - Try to put yourself in a position where you beat the Tera Steel DD sets with Sucker + First Impression. You'll have to make the right decision on who's more important, because one of either Bisharp, or Slither Wing will die. Alternatively, if you somehow haven't tera'd yet, you can use Tera Flying Magnezone to do some good damage against them on the free turn, and then kill them with priority after.

Since there's a lack of stall teams on this Team Bazaar I decided I'd do my best to contribute to a tier that I enjoy playing despite it's many shortcomings.

https://pokepast.es/74a05a7e9a7fe44f

1671307597157.png

I've been dicking around with this team on the ladder for awhile now and it's been pretty excellent so far, since you beat most of the stuff ladder likes to spam (mainly Rain, Screens and most Spikes Balance/BO type builds). This team is engineered to counterteam most forms of hazard stacking, which is why the amount of hazard removal might seem a bit excessive. The main reason for this is because of how the main core of Blissey + Alomomola + Quagsire, just like in USUM UU, wall 95% of the metagame without spikes there to batter you down, which means that you're golden so long as you can keep hazards off your side of the field. Another important thing to note is that the Tera Typings are extremely flexible outside of a couple outliers, so despite the stall structure looking very set in stone (99% of stall teams should use a core of Blissey + Alomomola + Quagsire + Fogger + Spinner/Fogger/Hattrene + Filler), there's actually a lot of variety in terms of team building here so don't be afraid to get creative should you want to build your own stall team.

Now for the individual analysis starting with the afforementioned core because talking about them individually is boring.

These fat fucks pretty much wall the entire metagame by themselves and thanks to the excessive anti-hazard measures in place you don't need Heavy Duty Boots, which lets you use Leftovers to avoid important 2hkos. Alomomola checks every Physically Offensive mon in the tier, Blissey checks every Specially Offensive mon in the tier and Quagsire checks most setup sweepers.

The only moveset adaptations worth mentioning are stuff like Light Screen or Skill Swap on Blissey for counter teaming but since most Stall Teams not using Naclstack are Gengar weak without Shadow Ball I'd definitely recommend using it (also STAB Shadow Ball with tera Ghost is funny). Ice Beam is nice to have on Alomomola but it's not worth ditching either Chilling Water or Whirlpool for. Quagsire can run Spikes over Haze if your team is less Espathra weak but even if it is I'd still recommend Haze because there's no such thing as being "too good vs Espathra"

As for the Tera Typings Alomomola is Tera Grass because it stonewalls Pawmot which otherwise easily dances around you and also makes it so that you don't have to dance around Wo-Chien. You have to be careful with popping it because Grass is a shitty defensive typing, but if you're worried about that and don't mind playing around Wo-Chien just use Tera Dragon. Blissey is Tera Ghost because of Boomburst Tera Normal Types, especially Toxtricity which can 2hko you with minimal chip damage. But if you're afraid of mons like Hydreigon and Gengar taking advantage of you afterwards you could definitely opt for any regular Normal resist (Steel is typically superior but Rock is nice for certain matchups). Quagsire is always either Tera Steel or Tera Dragon, Steel is important on this team because your Espa hard counters are nonexistant so you always wanna use Quagsire to hard counter it, but Dragon is also good.

Anyway now that the boring part is done it's time for the interesting mons.

Ok I kind of lied when I said that the team structure could be diverse, because you're a clown if you don't use this mon as your Fogger on stall. Tinkaton is a huge threat because it can set up rocks against you extremely easily, so you're gonna need a hard counter and Talonflame is the hardest one available.

The moveset is pretty much set in stone unless you have some other Tink wall and want to use Gale Wings + Brave Bird. The Evs meanwhile are highly adaptable based on what your team is weak too, so I'd recommend tinkering with the damage calculator if you're curious. The Speed here is for 252+ Speed Tinkaton but nobody runs that so I'd recommend creeping for either positive natured base 95's (317 speed), base 100's (328 speed) or base 110's (350 speed), but I'd at minimum recommend gunning for base 90's because that's where SD Lucario likes to hang out (also you live +2 e speed with no speed investment).

As for the Tera Typing it's highly adaptable, you could run something like Tera Electric to hard wall Twave Tinkaton while still resisting Gigaton Hammer or run Tera Ghost to get a sneaky Wisp on Lucario before switching into Quagsire. Just run whatever you want really.

1671309291979.png
(PS; Sorry for the shit quality but I have no idea how to make these new mons look good).

Here's the only mon that differenciates this Stall team from the build I stole based it on. Once upon a time I saw someone use Sandy Shocks against me and spike all over my Cryogonal Stall Team, so after realising that this pure cash money mon kicked my teams ass I decided to look into Ground Types which also learned Rapid Spin and this was the only one with a Special Defense stat, which made me instantly add it to my team.

The set may look passive and bad at first but trust me, there is not a single pokemon which likes switching into the combination of Toxic + Knock Off and thanks to Shroom Power it hard counters CM Hattrene so long as you don't get haxxed (if you do just go into Quag and click Haze, then Wish Pass into Toedscruel and try again). Bonus Points because you also shit on Rain and Screens with this mon since neither have any mons which want to switch into it and both have mons which this mon checks. Toedscruel is also almost always your best lead in general since it shits on most passive hazard setters and HO leads.

The Tera typing is extremely variable here, mostly because you almost never want your only Ground type to not be a Ground type (hence why I put Pure Ground here so you could ditch your Fire, Flying and Bug weakness in case of an emergency). You could opt to run Tera Steel/Dragon as decent catch all Tera Typing or you could run something more tailored to counter teaming Hattrene, either way this is by far your worst Tera user.

Finally here is the 3rd member of the excessive anti-hazard trio. Hatterene is amazing because of how it just owns most passive and Physically "Offensive" hazard setters in the tier thanks to it's Natural Bulk, amazing Defensive Typing and low Speed, which allows it to tank Gyro Balls from the likes of Bronzong and Forretress, while also eating the massive amount of low to medium powered Earthquakes that most Rockers/Spikers tend to have.

The moveset and Evs are pretty typical aside from one small addition, that being Giga Drain over a Psychic Stab. The reasoning for this is pretty simple, I wanted a move that let me destroy mons like Gastrodon, Quagsire, Donphan and Hippowdon but I didn't wanna ditch the sweeping power of CM, the healing power and Fairy Stab of Draining Kiss and the coverage of Mystical Fire. In the end I ended up just not running a Psychic Stab because it didn't hit anything important bar Grafaiai and Gengar, since you own Blissey with Draining Kiss regardless and now you don't get PP stalled by Quagsire + Blissey in the stall matchup. Also no tera segment here because Tera Steel is by far the best option based on my playtesting.

The threat list is pretty massive since we're in an HO tier and people aren't afraid of hard matchup fishing, but I'll just add a couple of big threats.

Gengar in general is extremely threatening but you can usually play around every set aside from if it's running Toxic Spikes, which literally 6-0s if wielded by a good player, since your one fogger doesn't want to take Stab Shadow Balls and Toedscruel can't reliably spin in front of a Ghost Type.

This mon is pretty shit usually however it can be a huge threat against you if you play poorly. Usually your best course of action is to go into Alomomola and click Chilling Water until they lock themselves into Outrage, at which point you go into Hattrene and start Smoochin. This is your course of action against every DD mon if they're not a Dragon type or if they are but also only have Dragon Claw and Quagsire can't come in, since you take like 50 from a +1 Dragon Claw and do like 5% back in return against the average Haxorus/Gyarados/Salamence. Keep in mind that you need lefties for this to be sustainable through crits and that Wishing every now and then is important.

Also SD just 6-0s lol.

Sub + NP specifically can have an insane matchup so long as you don't play like an idiot and don't switch it in vs Toedscruel. You lose vs Blissey in the 1v1 and Quagsire takes like 50 from DP so you're not even losing if you get unlucky. Still though that 30% Flinch chance can definitely screw you over.

Anyway that's all for this team, I've really been enjoying the metagame thus far and am looking forward to how my stall builds will change based on how the metagame evolves once we exit the Alpha period during January.

Last edited:
1671331276437.png1671331309809.png1671331324208.png1671331332822.png1671331347886.png1671331400228.png

Hit 1500 again, except this time I dropped Drednaw (sadly) due to consistency issues. Hit 1600.
image-1.png - 2022-12-18T222738.079.png

However, in its place, this dumb as hell team has now become my staple, and is currently 18-2.

1671331653766.png

This thing is B U S T E D as fuck and I will continue to use it until it inevitably gets quickbanned January 1st. Sub Nasty Plot Hydreigon is probably my favorite win condition in the tier rn thanks to not being dead weight without setting up and myriad of ways to find room to set up against common defensive staples, and the ability to muscle through most defensive staples in the first place like Quagsire. Base Hydreigon typing naturally gives it free opportunities against Sandy Shocks, all Rotom forms, Brute Bonnet and Armarouge, can substitute on the switch, then Tera Steel to capitalize on most incoming attacks and Nasty Plot up. Steel means you're now resistant to First Impression, Extreme Speed, fear absolutely nothing from every Hippowdon and Donphan variant, and casually resist Specs Boombursts floating around. Dark Pulse and Flamethrower hit enough of the tier that you won't regret too often missing coverage, although Flash Cannon is useful for sniping cocky Azumarill.

This thing really does just autowin at team start, more times than I can count I've seen one mon that walls Dark + Fire, took it out got Hydrei in on a Donphan or Sandy Shocks, then just clicked Substitute and Nasty Plot to instantly win the video game. Definitely better off than Drednaw was, since Steel's actually a great typing defensively rn.

1671332827109.png

#1 most revived Pokemon for this team. I greatly undervalued this thing for the longest time, but after losing Drednaw to it enough, I've come around on the absolute unit of a mon. First Impression can never be stated enough how useful it is for the tier, and clicking Close Combat against teams remains just as effective as it ever could be. Talonflame is annoying, but aggressively switching around it with this specific team has never been a problem. I also love clicking the fire button vs Tink and seeing its HP go from 100% to 10%.

1671332122534.png

My standard! I love Pawmot, always will, when it moves to OU next tier shift I will genuinely be devastated. There's really nothing more to be said here than what everyone else has; Double Shock into Tera Elec Double Shock will always catch ladder players off guard for no good reason. Seed Bomb is also a really good option over Revival Blessing, and means Sandy can swap to a better tera type to snipe Kilowattrel.

image-1.png - 2022-12-16T190341.266.png

1671332376050.png

The Lando-T of this tier, holding it together with glue and a giant fucking hammer. I refuse to swap off of using Tinkaton since it just offers everything a team needs in one slot while also functioning as this team's Espathra check. Do not become like every other Espathra user and insist you can Calm Mind + Roost through Tinkaton, you WILL get paralyzed.

1671332082651.png

As its nickname implies, I don't like this thing. At all. However, I both needed:
A.) A Choice Scarfer which doesn't lose to Scarf Staraptor (usually)
B.) An Electric immune Pokemon that preferably isn't Pawmot
C.) Groundspam.

Sandy fills every one of those roles. Groundspam and electric immunity means it's easier for Sandy to get into a position where he can click Earth Power or Thunderbolt over and over. This set does lose hard to any Kilowattrel variant, but Tera Grass means sniping Gastrodon is actually viable, and can help make room for Pawmot late game.

1671331521485.png

Tatsugiri is mostly a filler slot; originally this team was running Grafaiai to harass Espathra and Gengar, but Espathra players already just don't play well into this team and Gengar wasn't much of an issue after not that long. It's the team's dedicated spinner and also a potential threat with Nasty Plot, although it rarely gets to actually do much in a game. Threatening out most of the Rockers in the tier is a pretty nice trait to have, though, and being able to actually hurt Hippowdon is something the rest of this team has trouble with.

Last edited:

TyCarter

Tough Scene
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Lycanroc Sand Offense
:xy/Lycanroc: :xy/Hippowdon: :xy/Tsareena: :xy/Tinkaton: :xy/Hydreigon: :xy/Slither Wing: :xy/Gengar:
Really wanted to showcase this sand rush team that I made (with help from tomatosoup110) and I'm gonna showcase two versions here.
:lycanroc::hippowdon::tsareena::tinkaton::hydreigon::gengar: (current variant)
:lycanroc::hippowdon::tsareena::tinkaton::slither wing::hydreigon: (original version)

Sand Rush is a playstyle that is very underexplored in UU currently and even with rain's omnipresence, sand as a playstyle can definitely thrive and it is one that previous iterations of UU are certainly familiar with. I was able to hit the 1500s on an alt with this team and it performs pretty nicely. I was also able to use it in a tournament match and won with this team. Anyways, onto the actual members of the team.

:xy/Lycanroc:
The main abuser of Sand on this team where Lycanroc's primary role is to clean house late game with and is a prime Tera Candidate with Tera Rock. It absolutely needs rocks support if it wants to get some notable kill benchmarks with Accelrock when it has terastallized. Choice Band is needed since it is frail for the most part even with the spdef boost from sand as it can not really afford to set up. There are only 3 mandatory moves it actually needs in Accelrock to ensure it is functional even when sand is not up and because priority is very strong, stone edge because that's the strongest rock STAB it has and Close Combat since tera steel is a very common choice in the metagame especially from a mon like Salamence that if you can predict the tera, it can reward you big time. Adamant nature is to maximize its overall damage since it will outspeed everything thanks to Sand Rush. It is also worth noting that a Tera Rock boosted Stone Edge will 2HKO spdef gastrodon which is a common wall in UU currently and Alomomola is no longer an actual switch-in, Scream Tails also gets folded by it on the switch. The chip from sand also wears down a lot of opposing threats over the course of a game.

Lycanroc's final move can be a coverage of your preference whether it is Psychic Fangs for fighting types, Crunch to guarantee Gengar dies, Iron Head, Play Rough, you name it. Crunch was mostly a preference pick for me because of the defense drops it can give but I digress. But with that said it definitely will need some crucial supporting members to allow it to truly thrive.

252+ Atk Choice Band Lycanroc Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 274-324 (51.3 - 60.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Lycanroc Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Scream Tail: 238-282 (54.8 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Lycanroc Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gastrodon: 224-264 (52.5 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

:xy/Hippowdon:
Hippowdon is the main sand setter and sp def hippo is a callback to DPP OU where it's physical bulk is already very strong and spdef lets it handle Noivern nicely. It also mainly is slacking off and shuffles the opposing team to rack up chip damage over the course of a game. It's fairly self-explanatory as far as what the hippo does although it will struggle a bit more against setup physical attackers as a result.

:xy/Tsareena:
This is the most important piece to the team that really allows Lycanroc to accel (no pun intended) outside of Sand and improves the rain MU mostly because of its ability Queenly Majesty which makes a lot of Lycanroc's checks whether it's Barraskewda, Floatzel or Azumarill, for example, think twice about clicking Aqua Jet. This works well because they are typically choice locked for rain teams. It also puts pressure on opposing hippowdons and quagsires offensively and is good role compression.

:xy/Tinkaton:
Tinkaton is mostly a secondary wall that can put some pressure on teams with Swords Dance and encore is mostly because of how common espathra and other setup sweepers are currently. It also can threaten Hatterne who is currently very annoying to face in the metagame so it covers that matchup quite well and can force it to tera fire which opens up the window for Lycanroc or Hippo to destroy it. Overall, just a good utility mon.

:xy/Hydreigon:
A classic UU titan from previous gens is back in business and doing what it always does best. Hydreigon can go either boots or leftovers for this team but you want lefties probably if you want a stronger stall MU. It is the main win con for this team when sand is not up and acts as a nasty plot sweeper with substitute that can really punish passive teams (also fucks up Grafaiai). It is the other tera candidate on this team that will tera if it is not Lycanroc. Tera Steel means it can also avoid taking chip damage when sand is up and puts pressure on fatter teams that may handle Lycanroc but struggles against Hydreigon, it also offensively turns the tables on Noivern and Sylveon who would normally just bypass sub and destroy it. Its set is quite flexible since sub 3 attacks also works as well as subplot and don't be afraid of adjusting the coverage that this Hydreigon runs since its special movepool is massive.

:xy/Slither Wing: :xy/Gengar:

The last member of this team can be two choices I find, it comes down to preference mainly depending on the MU between Gengar and Slither Wings.

Slither Wings was what I orignally ran and it works nicely since STAB Priority that has the same priority as Espeed is quite good and can make the MU against Gallade stronger if it uses Tera Bug. It definitely wants boots to avoid taking more hazard chip than necessary when sand is not up. It was another pivot that I liked to use to get Lycanroc or Hydreigon into the game and do some serious damage. It also has a fairly customizable moveset and morning sun was consistent recovery that I liked for outside of sand but definitely experiment with it!

Gengar was a choice I used when I wanted to have a means of spin blocking and Trick is nice for improving the stall MU even more. It is the other member of the team I would consider using Tera on during a match besides Hydreigon and Lycanroc. It mostly clicks sludge bomb and shadow ball most of the time. Gengar on the team also means you have an easier time dealing with Brambleghast.

Threat List
:brambleghast: can be a nuisance for this team if not dealt with properly and will require you to make some hard reads with Gengar or aggressive doubles into Slither Wing depending on the variation you are using and may make keeping hazards up difficult.

:mimikyu: another mon you need to be wary of especially since Tinkaton is not a surefire answer especially if it is tera ghost since a +2 LO with tera ghost Shadow Claw will kill it. You will need to make aggressive reads to keep this at bay.

:Azumarill: generally a threat for most teams in the meta anyways but it should be stressed even more especially with Choice Band. You WILL have to make a guess on whether it will use Liquidation or Play Rough when choosing to pivot with either Tinkaton or Tsareena, however, Tinkaton and Tsareena both can threaten it offensively if you make the right read. You may also consider using Tera Electric Hydreigon as a lure set if you find Azu to be too troublesome.

Additional Comments
Basically this is a Sand Rush offense team that can also function really well outside of Sand and has multiple win cons with Hydreigon and CB Lycanroc being the primary win cons. The Variation with Gengar was one I made with spin blocking in mind and lets us keep hazards up and gives us the Hydreigon-Gengar core that is quite strong currently. Sand Rush Lycanroc definitely has a place in the metagame and I believe has a lot of potential to thrive in UU. The original version I made with Slither Wings is also decent and I wanted to post both teams for people to use and even improve it further.

Screenshot 2022-12-19 002157.png

Last edited:
SLITHER WING RAIN - Used this to win a room tour. REPLAY

Pelipper, Barraskewda, Killowattrel, and Tinkaton are all required on rain IMO.

Ground Tera Pelipper with this EV spread always kills Pawmot and opposing Killowattrel with Hydro Pump. If you see either of these, you're gonna wanna eliminate them, they're huge threats to this team.

Barraskewda is simple to use, I personally don't like Crunch and would rather have the additional utility of Aqua Jet. Another Tera option is Tera Steel in order to survive common priority moves like First Impression, Extreme Speed, and Accelerock.

Killowattrel is very fast naturally and is a solid breaker with its high BP moves. Tera water is a second line of defence versus Pawmot, letting you resist Ice Punch and OHKO back with boosted Weather Ball.

Tinkaton provides tons of role compression in Rocks, Knock, and Encore. Gigaton Hammer helps you beat Fairies and Espathra, and in general be less passive. T-Wave isn't needed support given the natural speed of the offensive core.

Tatsugiri is Hazard Control and a ridiculous breaker, Nasty Plot boosted Hydro's and Draco's decimate the entire tier. Unaware Quag can be broken with Tera Dragon. Versus other offence it's the first sack. It's invested in bulk to survive stray hits from the setters it's threatening out.

Slither Wing is crucial against pretty much every play style and IMO the star of the show. Tera Dark allows you to counter the ghosts that like to switch into your STABS, helps you avoid Future Sight from the Twins, and become immune to Espathra Stored Power. You get many a chance to set up Sub with the switches First Impression forces, and Leech Life gives you recovery. Close Combat is brutal off this things attack stat.

---

This team is good but often needss to use its Tera types defensively in order not to fold against certain threats. Azumarill is also a pain for this team as there's no good switch ins to Band, and Belly Drum kills everything with Aqua Jet. It's a matter of positioning versus it. Other pains in the ass include Brambleghast, who's ghost stab is unresisted and can survive a hit from anything, and Bellibolt who walls Killowattrel, whilst eating even Tera Liquidation for days and striking back with an OHKO.

Have fun with it!
Sub slither wing is a crazy tech for espathra protect

Notily

dirt rich
:tauros-paldea-fire: :slowking: :grafaiai: :sandy shocks: :salamence: :brute bonnet:

given that shifts are in a couple days i wanted to share this team that i've really been enjoying on ladder (been hovering around mid 1500s). with this team i rarely feel like i have an unwinnable match-up which makes for good laddering fun. built it around future sight + tauros-fire because it has a good match up vs screens and the broken sub np hydrei as it outspeeds and resists the usual coverage its packing. every member on this team is running boots which i like because it means i don't have to run one of five viable removal mons.

tpf is 3 attacks + wisp, wild charge > stone edge is an option for the rain matchup but i like stone edge better to hit altaria / mence / tflame. tera ghost allows it to serve as an emergency sd lucario answer. standard ass slowking, grafaiai is u-turn instead of parting shot to avoid giving hydrei and bisharp free turns (although when i think about it parting shot is probably fine tbh). grafaiai is the main form of espathra counterplay outside of hitting it a lot and not letting it set up. im running power gem on sandy shocks so that it can function as a rainless kilowattrel check, but honestly i don't click it often so it could be swapped out for electric stab or tera blast ice/grass. bulky dd mence functions as the teams slither wing check and wincon, underrated set imo. attack evs allow it to ohko standard tinkaton w/ eq at +1 so it can't encore / twave you. brute bonnet offers a check to bd azu, priority in the form of sucker punch, and another future sight abuser w/ cc and spore.

I didn't WANT to use Espathra, but it's late and I'm bored and I kept losing with balance so I decided to build a team where I could just turn off my brain and this is what I came up with. Inspired slightly by NJNP's OU screens team, this team aims to set up screens with Morgrem, and beat down the opponents psychic checks and priority mons in order to win with one of your remaining sweepers. Besides the psychic terrain component, it's standard screens HO. Here's the importable: https://pokepast.es/f0982de4167a67ce

Morgrem (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- Parting Shot

I think Morgrem is the best screen setter we have in UU. Being a dark type, it's immune to Taunt from Grafaiai. It's also a handy ghost resist in theory but really it's done its job if it disrupts your opponent's lead and gets up screens once. It also provides more opportunities for sweepers to get in safely than other screen setter thanks to Parting Shot. Using Parting Shot to get your Morgrem out also you allows you to preserve it as a sac which will provide yet another opportunity to get a sweeper in safely. This attribute is especially important in the offence vs offence matchup. EDIT you can put 44 Speed EVs to be able to taunt 0 Speed Klefki before it sets up screens of its own.

Espathra @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost

Espathra is probably the most broken mon in the tier. I opted for roost over protect because I think it's just better but also to let myself take a priority move once terrain expires, especially if screens are still up. It also helps me set up calm minds when leftovers isn't enough, for example, when I've come in on a single layer of tspikes. I also chose to run Dazzling Gleam instead of Tera Blast Fighting because I don't like requiring Espathra to be my Tera mon since so many of my other mons like to terastalize.

Indeedee (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Encore

If you haven't used Indeedee yet, you'll be so pleasantly surprised by its damage output even with a scarf. Psychic serves three purposes on this team: powering up the team's plethora of psychic moves, blocking priority (mostly for Polteageist), and activating Lucha's Unburden. The coverage is really up to preference but you'll be clicking psychic most of the time. Indeedee is far more than just a terrain setter. With a scarf, it provides more immediate pressure than anything else on the team and can therefore force switches that allow your sweepers to get in. Its immunity to priority (including almost everything Grafaiai can do) and ghost moves allow it to come in pretty often. Once its in, you can score a revenge kill, chunk a psychic check like Magnezone and Forretress, or get off a fast Encore to allow one of your sweepers so come in and set up safely.

Polteageist @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: Fighting
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Tera Blast
- Stored Power
- Shadow Ball

Currently this is the mon I'm most iffy about. Psychic Terrain boosts Stored Power but it also makes avoiding Sucker Punches with Tera Fighting less important. Also screens + sash is a little weird. Let me know what you think. I've seen a decent amount of Naclstack running around...

Hatterene @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire
- Psyshock

Espathra #2. Typically Hatterene comes out before Espathra and removes one of Espathra's checks by turning into a water type and sitting on steels that would otherwise force it out. On the best days, you get up multiple calm minds on the supposed steel type check and can just win outright. Since this team has no dedicated hazard setter, Hatterene does a great job of coming in on hazard setters which not only gives it opportunities to set up calm minds but also forces progress by getting hazards up on the opponent's side. Hatterene by itself invalidates hazard stack offense and sticky web teams that would try to outmaneuver this one.

Hawlucha @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Acrobatics
- Roost

This Hawlucha set is so reliable. Coming in at 632 speed is insane. A lot of the time I'll just attack with Hawlucha since acrobatics is so strong already. Bulk Up + Drain Punch is my preference on Misty or Psychic Terrain teams because it makes Hawlucha harder to revenge kill with priority once Terrain ends because most priority moves are physical.

That's it! This is my first draft of the team so I'm sure it could be a lot better but it's the UU team I've had the most success with so far. Happy Holidays and happy laddering. Let's see how many of these mons are still in the tier by the end of the week.

Attachments

:sv/pelipper: :sv/floatzel: :sv/barraskewda: :sv/kilowattrel: :sv/hatterene: :sv/grafaiai:
With only 2 days of the month left, I thought it'd be fine for me to share the cheapest rain team I have. Hatterene will leave in 2 days, and Hatt is mainly what makes this team so good. Specs Kilowattrel is the dumbest mon in history, and Magic Bounce from Hatt enables it. Yes, I know, this team doesn't have Stealth Rock, don't worry about it. Your teammate won't be able to set up rocks either, unless they have Tinkaton, and if they attempt to set up rocks with something else, then that's how you get rocks. This team kills everything anyways, so you don't need rocks, and clicking rocks honestly takes too much thinking for a rain team. The team uses Floatzel + Barraskewda to just spam their Water moves and beat their counters by weakening them over time. This is also further strengthened by Healing Wish Hatterene, which can get Floatzel back to full HP, after it just killed 3 mons and put itself at 10% with recoil. Floatzel also uses Mystic Water + TB Grass to bluff a CB set, and then kill Quag and Gastro, as well as other checks, such as Rotom-Wash. Grafaiai is a really good safety net for rain teams. It can set up another Rain Dance after Pelipper dies, allowing you to play more recklessly, and think even less when playing rain. It is also really good to have against setup sweepers that would beat this team, such as tera water Espathra, or E-Killer Lucario. Another version of this team uses Pawmot over Grafaiai, which is even cheaper, but it makes the team much weaker to offensive threats, and I feel like Grafaiai is just a better fit.
I will go more in depth for each Pokemon, if you don't feel like reading that much, feel free to just take the team and get free points on the ladder :)

:sv/pelipper:
Pelipper gives you rain, and acts as a defensive pivot. It is a good answer to Slither Wing, which is very threatening to the Swift Swim abusers, and you don't have to fear Wild Charge that much, cause Pelipper isn't your only way to get up rain, and it dying to Wild Charge means you get a free kill with one of your offensive Pokemon. Knock Off is good to get rid of Leftovers on defensive mons, turning Kilowattrel rolls, which are already in your favor thanks to the 30% confusion and 30% paralyze chance, into guranteed, or near-guranteed 2HKOs. But you also get to Knock the occasional Rocky Helmet, or choice Item, which is nice. Pelipper runs a negative Speed nature with 30 Speed IVs to be slower than opposing Pelippers in the mirror match, letting it U-Turn last to send something in for free.

:sv/floatzel:
Mystic Water Floatzel is a really good breaker to have alongside Barraskewda. It is still strong enough to sweep teams, and get kills that make it seem like it has to be banded, which results in the opponent switching in Gastro, or Water Absorb Quag after, expecting to get a free turn of something, but instead they just die to TB Grass. Not being choiced is also really good against Sucker Punch, as you can force some mindgames by blocking the first with Aqua Jet, and then either spamming that, clicking Wave Crash on the turn where they don't Sucker Punch, or just switch to Pelipper to get a free U-Turn.

:sv/barraskewda:
I decided it would be much better to have Floatzel hold Mystic Water, instead of Barraskewda, as you kinda need the Choice Band on Skewda. Banded Liquidation is really strong in rain, and acts as a nice cleaner, after Floatzel and Kilowattrel just killed half the team. I use tera ghost on this, as a second safety net against SD Lucario, for cases where Grafaiai died early, or cases where Barraskewda is already in range of a +0 Extreme Speed. I've also found it to be really helpful in the Barraskewda mirror match, as they lock themselves into CC, letting you get 2 free hits.

:sv/kilowattrel:
252 SpA Choice Specs Kilowattrel Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 190-225 (44.6 - 52.8%) -- 25% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tera Flying Kilowattrel Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 254-300 (59.6 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Kilowattrel Hurricane vs. 240 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 205-243 (49.1 - 58.2%) -- 61.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Kilowattrel Hurricane vs. 240 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 205-243 (49.1 - 58.2%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Kilowattrel Thunder vs. 248 HP / 180+ SpD Tinkaton: 171-202 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- 51.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Kilowattrel Thunder vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Brambleghast: 156-183 (49.8 - 58.4%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Kilowattrel Thunder vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 127-150 (45.1 - 53.3%) -- 90.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Tera Flying Kilowattrel Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Scream Tail: 204-240 (47.1 - 55.4%) -- 71.9% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tera Flying Kilowattrel Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 147-173 (48.3 - 56.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Tera Flying Kilowattrel Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tera Ground Slowking: 210-248 (53.2 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Kilowattrel Thunder vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong: 151-178 (44.6 - 52.6%) -- 22.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Tera Flying Kilowattrel Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tera Steel Hydreigon: 169-199 (52 - 61.2%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Tera Flying Kilowattrel Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sandy Shocks: 177-209 (56.9 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Tera Flying Kilowattrel Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kilowattrel: 232-274 (82.5 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Please ban this Pokemon next month

:sv/hatterene:
Hatterene allows Kilowattrel to use specs, instead of Heavy-Duty-Boots, and it allows the whole team to play more recklessly, thanks to Healing Wish. Calm Mind Hatterene can still be threatening, even with only 2 moves. Tera Water helps out in the rain matchup, letting it tank rain boosted Water attacks, and in return either killing them, or recovering a lot of HP with Draining Kiss. It uses a negative nature with 0 Speed IVs, because you want to always be slower than Slowking, and hit whatever comes in on the switch after Chilly Reception. There really isn't much to be said about this Pokemon. It makes the broken more broken.

:sv/Grafaiai:
Damp Rock Grafaiai has saved me a lot of games before. Having a second way to get up rain is so valuable, you really don't have to think, or gameplan, or do anything. You just click U-Turn with Pelipper turn 1, and then kill half the team with a Pokemon of your choice. It doesn't matter if Pelipper takes 70% on turn 1, or if it dies to Wild Charge Slither Wing on the switch. You have Grafaiai to always get up 8 more turns of rain. Encore is also really helpful for an offensive team like this. It means you're usually safe against tera water Espathra, and SD Lucario, 2 Pokemon which usually beat rain. Parting Shot is also nice to have, giving Pelipper an easier switch, and allowing you to not worry about double switches, because you're using rain, and you don't want to think right now.

This team is bullshit. Have fun while it's still legal, and please ban Kilowattrel next month. I haven't even had to use a single Weather Ball calc, that's how bullshit this Pokemon is. Anyways, enjoy your free points on ladder with this team <3

:sv/slowbro: :sv/tyranitar: :sv/slither wing: :sv/salamence: :sv/donphan: :sv/gengar:
click on them

This is a bulky offense team that has been doing really well, and was able to get me to 1600 on the ladder. The team is built around one of my favorite sweepers, bulky DD Salamence. It uses Rocky Helmet Slowbro + SpDef TTar to check most of the tier defensively, and Salamence is able to round the core out really well, by being able to switch into both Slither Wing, and the inferior Lokix. Slither Wing is a great breaker alongside Salamence, as it is able to soften up opposing teams with banded U-Turns and Close Combat, as well as hitting most of Salamence's counters super-effectively. Donphan has been proven to work really well, much better than i expected it to. Max Attack EQ does a lot of damage. It's a really great spinner, and Sturdy has saved me a few games before. The last slot is always changing. I've been trying a bunch of different special Wallbreakers, but honestly, I haven't really enjoyed any of them. The current version uses Gengar with a funny set, but the last slot went from Scarf Toxtricity -> Specs Magnezone -> Specs Pelipper -> Specs Gengar -> Sub+NP Hydreigon -> Specs Pelipper again -> fucking NP Lucario (I was desperate at this point) -> the current Gengar set. I'll have a tab at the end of this post that will include the sets for the other versions (minus NP Lucario and NP Hydreigon), in case anyone wants to try them out.

:sv/slowbro:
Slowbro is really good in the current meta, and better than its cousin Slowking. I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if those 2 change places in the next tier shift. Slowbro is a really good check against DD Baxcalibur, and I can only remember 1 game where Bax actually swept me. Slowbro does take 60% from +1 Glaive Rush, but you are able to OHKO it in return with Body Press, thanks to Glaive Rush making it take double damage. You also have tera Fairy for cases where Bax gets out of hand. 3 attacks is the most consistent set, and is able to beat more things than 2 attacks + T-Wave. Everytime I've tried using Thunder Wave, I've been missing that 3rd attack. Surf/Ice Beam/Body Press is able to beat multiple versions of Baxcalibur (no tera/fire/ground/dragon/steel). T-Wave just feels less consistent, and I've never found myself thinking "damn, I wish I had T-Wave on this". Tera Fairy is also really nice against Slither Wing, and Lokix, in games where there is too much pressure on Salamence.

:sv/tyranitar:
SpDef Tyranitar is so good in the current meta. You don't have to worry about Specs Noivern, or Specs Toxtricity, Tyranitar walls them. It's a good check against choiced Hydreigon, Gengar, Iron Jug, Specs Kilowattrel, and the not good Armarouge. Slowbro + Tyranitar just beat rain every single time, which has seen less and less usage, mostly due to Tyranitar walling Kilowattrel. It is a great Stealth Rock setter, which gives Donphan room to use Ice Shard. Crunch/EQ is pretty decent coverage, and I don't feel like Stone Edge really is necessary on this. Earthquake is more valuable, because it hits Tinkaton super-effectively, and Crunch is just more consistent than Stone Edge, and has more PP as well. Brick Break is a really bullshit move, it literally is only a part of the set because Sub+NP Hydreigon has been pissing me off. I used to have T-Wave over Brick Break, but I'd rather not give Hydreigon a free turn to Sub and set up.

:sv/slither wing:
my child <3 First Impression is really important on this team, as the team overall is kind of slow. It has great synergy with Salamence, taking care of the Slowbros, as well as steels, while also putting pressure on Quagsire and Donphan. Most teams have trouble dealing with CB Slither Wing, because there just aren't that many safe counters to it. I decided to use tera Fire on Slither Wing this time, cause the team does struggle a bit against Talonflame, and even though I'm the goat at predicting Talonflame switches with WIld Charge, I still get burned way too often. Tera Fire can also save the game against Sub+NP Hydreigon in very niche cases. If they Dark Pulse because they were hoping for a flinch, just use the common strategy of calling them bad, and forfeit the game.

:sv/salamence:
I thought of this set a while ago, never really got the chance to use it, and just thought it would be decent. But this set has honestly been much better than I expected. Max HP Salamence is really great at the moment, as it is able to function as a really good Slither Wing counter, while also checking the inferior Lokix. The great thing about this set is how it has been valuable in literally every game. With regular DD Mence you often run into the issue where you get a bad matchup, and Mence just ends up being really disappointing, mostly just being used as fodder. But with the bulk that this set offers, even in games where it is unable to sweep, it puts in a ton of work. It rounds out the core of Slowbro and Tyranitar, and those 3 have such a good matchup against like 90% of the metagame, making this team really good on ladder. The EV spread gives it enough special bulk to avoid the 2HKO from Heavy-Duty-Boots Kilowattrel, letting Salamence set up on it, as long as you avoid the hax (this also sets up on Sandy Shocks without TB Ice). It runs enough speed to outrun everything that's unboosted at +1, and Scarf Gengar at +2. Leftovers might seem like a weird choice, but with how reliable Donphan has been at spinning, I've found Leftovers to be more valuable in practice. It makes more of a difference on a bulky setup sweeper like this. I won't fault you for using HDB instead though, and I have it listed as an option, because I know that it is what most people will prefer.

:sv/donphan:
Donphan has really surprised me with how decent it is. No rocks Donphan really is the way to go. EQ/Knock/Spin/Shard offer so much utility, and is miles ahead of anything else that Donphan could possibly use. Sturdy + Heavy-Duty-Boots has been able to save me a few games, and tera ground is actually pretty good to break through certain things. Ice Shard can definitely be a lifesaver sometimes, and Knock Off + Ice Shard stops every Brambleghast that doesn't run Colbur Berry from spinblocking against you. Knock Off in general is just great Utility, aside from it also doing a good amount of damage. I've tried using AV on this for a bit, since its already not using any status moves, and it has been really funny seeing this just stay in on Gengar, take 40%, and then kill, but overall I feel like boots are just better on this team, especially since Salamence is using Leftovers, which makes it important that Donphan spins often.

:sv/gengar:
This last slot has been changing so much. I'm not satisfied with the number of good special breakers in the tier, as I find it to be a bit lacking. I've been using Specs Gengar at one point, and while it is one of the strongest breakers, it didn't have enough longevity for a team like this. The set I'm using currently is honestly a less serious set, so if you want to be serious about this team and get more wins, use the Toxic Spikes set instead. Sub + Protect is really funny though, and I'd rather have a more fun set than an autowin vs stall (which honestly, ends up being more fun vs stall), but that's besides the point. The point of Sub + Protect is to make Gengar really solid against priority. Choice Band Lokix and Slither Wing especially hate this set, and it is extremely hilarious to use it against them. You protect on their First Impression, they're locked into that move, and now you just get a free Sub. Substitute is also great against Sucker Punch. This makes it extremely difficult for LIfe Orb Lokix to revengekill Gengar, as you Protect on their First Impression, and then Sub on their Sucker Punch (no one in the history of Pokemon will expect Sub + Protect, trust me on this. If they predict it, they have seen the pokepaste). If you matchup against Tinkaton without Encore (Tink without Encore is becoming more common, now that Espathra is UUBL), you also beat it with this set. Protect on Gigaton Hammer, and with tera Fighting your sub lives Knock Off from Tinkaton. Aside from the meme factor, Protect gives Gengar more longevity, which fits well on this team, and it also makes it easier for Gengar to spam Substitutes against status moves or switch predictions. The combination also lets Gengar absolutely stall out rain turns vs Pelipper (if they U-Turn on your sub, rain is just fucked). Toxic Spikes is easily the better set though, so use that if you want to win more games.

:sv/toxtricity:
Toxtricity @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Punk Rock
Tera Type: Normal
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Volt Switch
- Sleep Talk

This was the first special breaker that I used on the team. A fast breaker looked like it would fit really well on the team, and i didn't want to use Noivern, because i didn't want to stack rocks weaknesses, so I decided to go with Toxtricity. But honestly, every single team just having Immunities to this, some even to both Boomburst, and Overdrive, really just pissed me off and made this a not fun Pokemon to use. I've been using Sleep Talk on the 4th slot cause I though "Boomburst + Overdrive already hits everything, what do I need Sludge Bomb for). Losing to Florges made me retire this mon from the team.

:sv/magnezone:
Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Tera Blast

The team doesn't struggle against Steels that much, so I've been using Analytic instead of Magnet Pull, and it's been doing a ton of damage. I even had one funny instance where the opponent kept their Forretress in on Zone, because they thought they were trapped. Tera Blast is just there to catch Quagsire offguard, cause it can be really annoying to the team. In the end I dropped it because not being able to just spam Volt Switch pissed me off, and it made the team more Quag weak. The EV Spread makes sure that Magnezone is slower than 0 Speed Bisharp, cause you need the Analytic boost against it, while being faster than everything below it.

Pelipper @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Surf

Honestly, Pelipper makes no sense on this team. I just wanted to use it cause Specs Pelipper is really funny. The most hilarious part is that Pelipper even has a decent matchup vs stall, being able to 2HKO Blissey with tera water Hydro Pump. The team is so good vs rain that giving rain more turns isn't even an issue, you still 6-0 rain (also rain unironically loses to specs Pelipper, there is no switch). In the end, I took this off the team, because it was just too slow, and stacking rocks weaknesses was not the way.

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cursed Body
Tera Type: Ghost
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Trick

This was really strong at breaking, but it wasn't able to stay around long enough, so I ultimately replaced it with Leftovers Gengar.

I was bullied and peer pressured by a person twice my age to post this forbidden tech so I decided to do just that since I wanted to do something before going to bed.

:Alomomola: :Blissey: :Quagsire: :Toedscruel: :Talonflame: :Crocalor:

https://pokepast.es/811ded0b5cdcde93

Since this team is a complete rehash of the awful stall team I built a month ago I don't need to repeat myself on 5/6 mons, however this last addition is here solely because it hard counters the best mon in the Tier. I came up with this tech by myself in the UU Room with no outside inspiration, so if anyone tells you that I stole this set off of some rando then they're a liar and a broodmother.

El Poco Loco (Crocalor) @ Eviolite
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roar/Disarming Voice
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off

This little Crocodile is on this team solely because it hard walls all Nasty Plot + Substitute Hydreigon variants and it's the only pokemon that can consistently do so while also repeatedly switching in and forcing it out. The gameplan against Hydreigon with this team is to repeatedly use Blissey + Crocalor to Seismic Toss chip it and then force it out with Crocalor through either Roar or (no you did not read that wrong) Disarming Voice. Roar is the better option by a long shot since it does a good job of forcing hazards damage and predicting switches, but if you for some reason need to deal with Hydreigon ASAP then Disarming Voice is the only other option worth mentioning. Tera Dark is there to be even more foolproof against Hydreigon but is otherwise completely optional and could therefore be switches out for a better Tera Type.

Outside of this Niche Crocalor also deals with other Specially Offensive Sweepers Stall can struggle against like pretty much any CM + Stored Power nonesense, Shell Smash Polteageist and random Taunters bcuz of how Flamethrower hits kinda hard. It's also a nice specially defensive pivot against other Special Attackers like Trick Gengar, which helps put a lot of pressure off of Blissey. It's just a generally nice Pivot since it can live 1 hit from most setup sweepers and either Finish them off with it's decently strong Flamethrower, Phaze them out or Burn them.

One thing to note is that this team is super Hazard weak, hence why there are 2 Hazard removers. Your hazard game is extremely tough with this team, especially against teams packing specific spikers and especially against teams using Spin blockers.

Last edited:

Tahz

Banned deucer.
Tahz Style DragMag + Specs Gengar

:sv/Salamence: :sv/Baxcalibur: :sv/magnezone: :sv/bisharp: :sv/gengar: :sv/staraptor:

This is a dragmag team i made since i realize that the uu dragons are very threatening if the steel mons are dealt with first, due to this i thought of making a dragmag team, gengar also is threatened to some extent by steel types so it takes advantage of dragmag

The primary wincon of the team, Salamence is an excellent set up sweeper capable of snowballing out of control after a single dragon dance. Its typing and decent bulk offer it many switch-in opportunities against Pokemon like Slither Wing and Donphan. Tera Steel grants it surprise setup turns in front of other dragons, namely, Baxcalibur, Noivern and Hydreigon (bar Focus Blast or the occasional Earth Power). Intimidate helps soften physical attacks to better set up a Dragon Dance Sweep against Pokemon like Slither Wing. Tera Steel also provides setup turns against fairy types such as Tinkaton and Scream Tail. Dual Wingbeat and dragon claw are its STAB options, alongside earthquake for coverage against steels.

:sv/baxcalibur:
Baxcalibur is an extremely menacing threat in the UU metagame. This set acts as a mid game wallbreaker that can also threaten a sweep if it gets a chance to set up a Dragon Dance. Baxcalibur can cleave through common walls such as slowking, Toedscruel, and Gastrodon with Glaive Rush, which may be further boosted by Tera Dragon. Speaking of which, Tera Dragon not only boosts Glaive Rush but also neutralizes any would be revenge killer's attempts to capitalize on Baxcalibur's ice weakness, as well as that pesky Stealth Rock weakness. Aside from the obligatory Dragon Dance, Baxcalibur runs Icicle Spear for strong ice STAB, if you're lucky enough. Ice Shard complements this set by making up for Baxcalibur's middling speed, even at -1 with strong STAB priority.

Forming the -Mag part of this playstyle for more than 2 decades, Magnezone helps the dragon types clean up late game, exterminating defensive steels that stop them endlessly spamming their STABs, as well as providing a good fallback against fairies, the other thorn in Dragon's side. Air Balloon is preferred for an important ground immunity against stray Earthquakes, especially Baxcalibur's. Magnezone runs an EV spread which outspeeds Orthworm, which is especially crucial as Salamence and Baxcalibur cannot hurt Orthworm at all. Magnezone also thwarts other popular steels, like Forretress, Klefki, and opposing Magnezones that do not carry Body Press. Barring the momentum-maintaining Volt Switch, Magnezone runs Tera Blast with Tera Fire to regain the lost power of HP Fire in its Unova days against the aforementioned steels, as well as Bisharp and Tinkaton. Thunderbolt for ever-reliable STAB, and Flash Cannon for threats like Baxcalibur and fairies like Scream Tail.

:sv/bisharp:
Bisharp, just like Baxcalibur, is a prominent threat in the UU metagame. It is very bulky, even when not running defense or special defence EVs, thanks to it now having access to Eviolite. Due to this, Bisharp can easily set up a Swords Dance or two and proceed to break a plethora of UU's defensive staples such as Scream Tail and Slowking. Bisharp is also one of the few options in the tier against Prankster Klefki; its dark typing providing it with an immunity to Thunder Wave, allowing for free set up on Klefki. Defiant is incredibly useful against Pokemon packing Intimidate, such as Salamence, Staraptor and both Tauros formes. As for its moveset, aside from the aforementioned Swords Dance, Bisharp runs Brick Break as a handy tool against Klefki's screens, as well as a coverage option against Magnet Pull Magnezone and opposing Bisharp.Sucker Punch provides valuable STAB priority to beat faster mons like Barraskewda, Floatzel, Staraptor and Gengar. Lastly, Iron Head provides solid Steel STAB for the aforementioned pesky Fairies. Bisharp is paired well with Tera Flying, with its tendency to buy a surprise turn or two against threats like Salamence, Hydreigon and Tauros-Paldea, although the Fire variant may be an annoyance with Will-O-Wisp. However, do be wary of Klefki post-Terastallization, as Bisharp would no longer be immune to Thunder Wave.
(this paragraph s long thanks to freezais discord community editing it again and again to make it perfect)

Gengar offers phenomenal special attacking prowess which can quickly blow holes through many teams lacking a dedicated check, especially with Choice Specs boosting its already monstrous power. Ghost is an amazing offensive type, but Gengar can also take advantage of Magnezone's steel-trapping duties to spam Sludge Bomb as well. The aforementioned power of Choice Specs lets Gengar muscle through special walls like Tinkaton and Altaria. Gengar also provides some defensive utility, namely an immunity to Close Combat and a quadruple resistance to U-Turn, offering an emergency check to Slither Wing, though it has to be cautious of Flare Blitz. For coverage, Gengar prefers Focus Blast to hit threats like Bisharp, Hydreigon and Baxcalibur, as well as any surprise Tera Steels. Trick is a great option in the last slot to cripple walls such as Gastrodon, Scream Tail and Donphan, among others.

:sv/staraptor:
Staraptor is the much needed speed control Pokemon for the team. Choice Scarf provides a wonderful option for revenge kills and may even clean up in end-game. Reckless, STAB Brave Bird and a massive 120 base attack makes it so that virtually everything in the tier is 3HKO'd (most of the time it only takes one or two hits), making it a fantastic choice for picking off weakened targets late-game. Tera Flying offers a huge boost to Brave Bird's already staggering power, and turns Staraptor's neutrality towards Fighting into a resistance. For the rest of its moves, Staraptor runs Close Combat, which provides beautiful coverage along with Brave Bird and helps in revenge killing threats such as Bisharp, Hydreigon, Tyranitar and Baxcalibur lacking Ice Shard. U-turn allows for good chip against most of the tier while maintaining valuable momentum. Staraptor runs Quick Attack in its last slot for the ability to revenge kill Swift Swim Pokemon like Floatzel and Barraskewda in the rain.

Last edited:
Seeing as the ladder has not been updated I shall just drop some of the teams I was using. I tried a bunch of different stuff but I liked these the most climbing up to mid 1500s as of now. Do keep in mind that these do take Baxcalibur and Hydreigon into account so if any are used post ban they may need updates or just feel free to tweak them as you wish :D

There wasn't a clear goal with this build tbh, I just wanted to use Goodra. I think Goodra is actually pretty decent, especially with AV. It is a great special sponge and its coverage makes it very annoying to pivot around. Tera Fairy is one of the better options simply to win the trade against other Dragons but Steel is also good. Slither is broken so I slapped it on as a pivot and breaker. I was using Silver Powder but if Talon becomes super prevalent again you can try Protective Pads. If you prefer more power then use Band, really up to you. Donphan gives removal and rocks + helps against Lycan-D, Ttar, Tink, etc. Pelipper gave me a Slither check and a Ground immunity and I just thought it was kinda cool because it can be annoying to switch around tbh. It has worked well for me but you can always use Talon at the cost of being worse against Watauros. You could run Hydration on Goodra if you want some synergy there but status isn't that prevalent anyways. Bisharp gives the need Ghost resist and obligatory Steel. Sucker is also appreciated as another revenge tool option + potential wincon with SD. Finally, I rounded it out with Scarf Gengar. Gengar is a very good Scarfer and it can easily win games with Shadow Ball, especially if you Tera for the adaptability boost.

Webs is pretty neat and this was the version I ended up settling on after many tests. Bisharp is mainly here for the typing + it likes being faster than stuff to click a more reliable STAB than Sucker. Tera Fire is literally so you beat Talonflame and can actually be a Defog deterrent against it. I personally have liked Low Kick for Orth and other Bisharp over Night Slash but whatever you prefer. Lucario is a staple HO Pokemon. SD ESpeed is insane and it is naturally one of the strongest wallbreakers. DD Salamence is necessary for its typing more than anything. I tried three attacks and have just felt Wingbeat is such a dead slot most of the time. Likewise I tested a few items from boots to lum and finally choosing LO. The extra power is very nice and rocks shouldn't matter much anyways. Roost can offset the LO recoil etc. So Mimi wasn't originally here but I kept getting shit on by Noivern so yea. Mimikyu can easily win games but it is mainly an emergency button and I kept it in the back till it was needed. It does give a spinblocker which is nice though. Finally, Toxtricity was added because it is an insane wallbreaker. The reason for not using Specs is literally just Noivern. I ran into so many and they chewed me apart. However Scarf is still good and can net you a lot of surprise KOs. Don't be too afraid to just Tera off rip if needed.

A small note on how to play webs. Don't lead Masq every game. It honestly sucks as a lead in a fair amount of matches, evaluate the matchup and decide whether you think it can actually/should get them up turn 1 or not.

:sv/slowbro: :sv/tyranitar: :sv/slither wing: :sv/salamence: :sv/donphan: :sv/gengar:
click on them

This is a bulky offense team that has been doing really well, and was able to get me to 1600 on the ladder. The team is built around one of my favorite sweepers, bulky DD Salamence. It uses Rocky Helmet Slowbro + SpDef TTar to check most of the tier defensively, and Salamence is able to round the core out really well, by being able to switch into both Slither Wing, and the inferior Lokix. Slither Wing is a great breaker alongside Salamence, as it is able to soften up opposing teams with banded U-Turns and Close Combat, as well as hitting most of Salamence's counters super-effectively. Donphan has been proven to work really well, much better than i expected it to. Max Attack EQ does a lot of damage. It's a really great spinner, and Sturdy has saved me a few games before. The last slot is always changing. I've been trying a bunch of different special Wallbreakers, but honestly, I haven't really enjoyed any of them. The current version uses Gengar with a funny set, but the last slot went from Scarf Toxtricity -> Specs Magnezone -> Specs Pelipper -> Specs Gengar -> Sub+NP Hydreigon -> Specs Pelipper again -> fucking NP Lucario (I was desperate at this point) -> the current Gengar set. I'll have a tab at the end of this post that will include the sets for the other versions (minus NP Lucario and NP Hydreigon), in case anyone wants to try them out.

:sv/slowbro:
Slowbro is really good in the current meta, and better than its cousin Slowking. I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if those 2 change places in the next tier shift. Slowbro is a really good check against DD Baxcalibur, and I can only remember 1 game where Bax actually swept me. Slowbro does take 60% from +1 Glaive Rush, but you are able to OHKO it in return with Body Press, thanks to Glaive Rush making it take double damage. You also have tera Fairy for cases where Bax gets out of hand. 3 attacks is the most consistent set, and is able to beat more things than 2 attacks + T-Wave. Everytime I've tried using Thunder Wave, I've been missing that 3rd attack. Surf/Ice Beam/Body Press is able to beat multiple versions of Baxcalibur (no tera/fire/ground/dragon/steel). T-Wave just feels less consistent, and I've never found myself thinking "damn, I wish I had T-Wave on this". Tera Fairy is also really nice against Slither Wing, and Lokix, in games where there is too much pressure on Salamence.

:sv/tyranitar:
SpDef Tyranitar is so good in the current meta. You don't have to worry about Specs Noivern, or Specs Toxtricity, Tyranitar walls them. It's a good check against choiced Hydreigon, Gengar, Iron Jug, Specs Kilowattrel, and the not good Armarouge. Slowbro + Tyranitar just beat rain every single time, which has seen less and less usage, mostly due to Tyranitar walling Kilowattrel. It is a great Stealth Rock setter, which gives Donphan room to use Ice Shard. Crunch/EQ is pretty decent coverage, and I don't feel like Stone Edge really is necessary on this. Earthquake is more valuable, because it hits Tinkaton super-effectively, and Crunch is just more consistent than Stone Edge, and has more PP as well. Brick Break is a really bullshit move, it literally is only a part of the set because Sub+NP Hydreigon has been pissing me off. I used to have T-Wave over Brick Break, but I'd rather not give Hydreigon a free turn to Sub and set up.

:sv/slither wing:
my child <3 First Impression is really important on this team, as the team overall is kind of slow. It has great synergy with Salamence, taking care of the Slowbros, as well as steels, while also putting pressure on Quagsire and Donphan. Most teams have trouble dealing with CB Slither Wing, because there just aren't that many safe counters to it. I decided to use tera Fire on Slither Wing this time, cause the team does struggle a bit against Talonflame, and even though I'm the goat at predicting Talonflame switches with WIld Charge, I still get burned way too often. Tera Fire can also save the game against Sub+NP Hydreigon in very niche cases. If they Dark Pulse because they were hoping for a flinch, just use the common strategy of calling them bad, and forfeit the game.

I thought of this set a while ago, never really got the chance to use it, and just thought it would be decent. But this set has honestly been much better than I expected. Max HP Salamence is really great at the moment, as it is able to function as a really good Slither Wing counter, while also checking the inferior Lokix. The great thing about this set is how it has been valuable in literally every game. With regular DD Mence you often run into the issue where you get a bad matchup, and Mence just ends up being really disappointing, mostly just being used as fodder. But with the bulk that this set offers, even in games where it is unable to sweep, it puts in a ton of work. It rounds out the core of Slowbro and Tyranitar, and those 3 have such a good matchup against like 90% of the metagame, making this team really good on ladder. The EV spread gives it enough special bulk to avoid the 2HKO from Heavy-Duty-Boots Kilowattrel, letting Salamence set up on it, as long as you avoid the hax (this also sets up on Sandy Shocks without TB Ice). It runs enough speed to outrun everything that's unboosted at +1, and Scarf Gengar at +2. Leftovers might seem like a weird choice, but with how reliable Donphan has been at spinning, I've found Leftovers to be more valuable in practice. It makes more of a difference on a bulky setup sweeper like this. I won't fault you for using HDB instead though, and I have it listed as an option, because I know that it is what most people will prefer.

:sv/donphan:
Donphan has really surprised me with how decent it is. No rocks Donphan really is the way to go. EQ/Knock/Spin/Shard offer so much utility, and is miles ahead of anything else that Donphan could possibly use. Sturdy + Heavy-Duty-Boots has been able to save me a few games, and tera ground is actually pretty good to break through certain things. Ice Shard can definitely be a lifesaver sometimes, and Knock Off + Ice Shard stops every Brambleghast that doesn't run Colbur Berry from spinblocking against you. Knock Off in general is just great Utility, aside from it also doing a good amount of damage. I've tried using AV on this for a bit, since its already not using any status moves, and it has been really funny seeing this just stay in on Gengar, take 40%, and then kill, but overall I feel like boots are just better on this team, especially since Salamence is using Leftovers, which makes it important that Donphan spins often.

This last slot has been changing so much. I'm not satisfied with the number of good special breakers in the tier, as I find it to be a bit lacking. I've been using Specs Gengar at one point, and while it is one of the strongest breakers, it didn't have enough longevity for a team like this. The set I'm using currently is honestly a less serious set, so if you want to be serious about this team and get more wins, use the Toxic Spikes set instead. Sub + Protect is really funny though, and I'd rather have a more fun set than an autowin vs stall (which honestly, ends up being more fun vs stall), but that's besides the point. The point of Sub + Protect is to make Gengar really solid against priority. Choice Band Lokix and Slither Wing especially hate this set, and it is extremely hilarious to use it against them. You protect on their First Impression, they're locked into that move, and now you just get a free Sub. Substitute is also great against Sucker Punch. This makes it extremely difficult for LIfe Orb Lokix to revengekill Gengar, as you Protect on their First Impression, and then Sub on their Sucker Punch (no one in the history of Pokemon will expect Sub + Protect, trust me on this. If they predict it, they have seen the pokepaste). If you matchup against Tinkaton without Encore (Tink without Encore is becoming more common, now that Espathra is UUBL), you also beat it with this set. Protect on Gigaton Hammer, and with tera Fighting your sub lives Knock Off from Tinkaton. Aside from the meme factor, Protect gives Gengar more longevity, which fits well on this team, and it also makes it easier for Gengar to spam Substitutes against status moves or switch predictions. The combination also lets Gengar absolutely stall out rain turns vs Pelipper (if they U-Turn on your sub, rain is just fucked). Toxic Spikes is easily the better set though, so use that if you want to win more games.

:sv/toxtricity:
Toxtricity @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Punk Rock
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Volt Switch
- Sleep Talk

This was the first special breaker that I used on the team. A fast breaker looked like it would fit really well on the team, and i didn't want to use Noivern, because i didn't want to stack rocks weaknesses, so I decided to go with Toxtricity. But honestly, every single team just having Immunities to this, some even to both Boomburst, and Overdrive, really just pissed me off and made this a not fun Pokemon to use. I've been using Sleep Talk on the 4th slot cause I though "Boomburst + Overdrive already hits everything, what do I need Sludge Bomb for). Losing to Florges made me retire this mon from the team.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Tera Blast

The team doesn't struggle against Steels that much, so I've been using Analytic instead of Magnet Pull, and it's been doing a ton of damage. I even had one funny instance where the opponent kept their Forretress in on Zone, because they thought they were trapped. Tera Blast is just there to catch Quagsire offguard, cause it can be really annoying to the team. In the end I dropped it because not being able to just spam Volt Switch pissed me off, and it made the team more Quag weak. The EV Spread makes sure that Magnezone is slower than 0 Speed Bisharp, cause you need the Analytic boost against it, while being faster than everything below it.

Pelipper @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Surf

Honestly, Pelipper makes no sense on this team. I just wanted to use it cause Specs Pelipper is really funny. The most hilarious part is that Pelipper even has a decent matchup vs stall, being able to 2HKO Blissey with tera water Hydro Pump. The team is so good vs rain that giving rain more turns isn't even an issue, you still 6-0 rain (also rain unironically loses to specs Pelipper, there is no switch). In the end, I took this off the team, because it was just too slow, and stacking rocks weaknesses was not the way.

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Trick

This was really strong at breaking, but it wasn't able to stay around long enough, so I ultimately replaced it with Leftovers Gengar.
nice team, i think you should run black sludge over leftovers on gengar <3

:ditto: :maushold-four: :Wo-Chien: :slowking: :gyarados: :tinkaton:

I’ve been experimenting with Pokémon seeing what works for a few days and I settled on this team on Sunday night. As of this morning I’ve just reached the bottom of the ladder. And I think it’s got potential to go further with someone better at the game.

Tinkatonk is usually the lead, the priority being 1) knock off rocky helm if I get the chance 2) set up rocks 3) tag fast threats with thunder wave. I’ve had a real struggle finding a good lead for this team but I find tinkatonk the best I can do, with its ability to stick around thanks to natural bulk, and deliver a nice bonk on Tyranitar’s and the demonic jigglypuff. Gary dose is the early game sweeper. People don’t seem to predict the sub much so he sets up more often than you’d think. the intimidate is also always nice to have around, occasionally he gets tera’d to catch out electric types cause they’re one of the bigger weaknesses of the team. The Sylvanien family are the late game sweepers, the multiple instances of knock off are on the team to chase away rocky helmets and ghosts, which represent the most common barriers to the families success.

Slowking and Compost represent the defensive backbone of the team, and Tera water on Wo is my most common Tera move, as a water type he checks virtually every physical attacker in the meta. I’ve had him set up subs and leech seeds and sit in on almost whole teams in the passed, slitherwing can be a bit of problem without him. Slowking lives and revenge kills quite a broad spectrum with the vest and the regen makes him sticky.

finally ditto is there to save me from set up sweepers.
in terms of counters, If not checked early I find kilowattrel is very problematic. And without wo-chine or gary dose steel scream tail can basically sit through the whole team. On and a good rocky helm switch in can rob me of my best sweeper.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Transform

Maushold-Four @ Wide Lens
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Tidy Up
- Population Bomb
- U-turn

Wo-Chien @ Leftovers
Ability: Tablets of Ruin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Substitute
- Leaf Storm

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Surf

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Ground
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall

Tinkaton (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gigaton Hammer
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave

Melt Gibson

planting gardens in the potholes
is a Forum Moderator
:oricorio-pom-pom: :haxorus: :coalossal: :wo-chien: :gengar: :tinkaton:

Times New Bastard - Oricorio + Haxorus Balance
(sets here)

Oricorio is your standard Pom-Pom setup, QD Tera Ground with RevDance and Hurricane and then Roost for longevity. Speed allows it to be faster than Noivern after one dance, odd HP in case of knock off, and defense to help with living priority and killing in return.

Band Haxorus kills so much stuff it isn't even funny. EQ hits a staggering amount of the tier, and Tera Ground adds some extra punch in case of emergency. First Impression gives you a strong priority option, and Close Combat helps to fill in some of the gaps. I personally prefer Dragon Claw over Outrage due to the amount of possible Fairy types or Tera Fairy options, but it really just boils down to personal choice.

Coalossal provides hazards, checks to several physical threats, and removal. Threatening Lokix, Staraptor, and even the occasional Slither Wing or Gallade as well as beating a large number of spinners not named Donphan provides utility to the team.

Wo-Chien provides some much needed bulk to the team, as well as helping to keep stall off of your back. Leech Seed is appreciated by the whole team, and Knock can put you into some convenient situations against things that struggle without their item. Ruination also helps the other members of the team to break difficult walls a bit more easily.

Gengar provides some special offense and more immediate power to the team. Tera Dark + Psychic allows you to catch Grafaiai by surprise and kill it, but any set of coverage here is viable. Also provides emergency T-Spikes removal, which is cool.

Tinkaton is your multitool utility pick here, as well as providing a Fairy and a Steel. Does what Tink usually does, not much else to say. Backup Rocks and Knock, TWave support for Haxorus, good shit.

Have fun!

Last edited:
:sv/Pincurchin: :sv/Iron Thorns: :sv/Hawlucha: :sv/Iron Jugulis: :sv/Froslass: :sv/Gallade:

Uh, hi! I figured I might as well post the team I've mostly been using now that I made it to the forums. It's brought me to 1450~ish so far with a WR of about 3:1, so it's probably viable, given that I was in a state of near total sleep deprivation for about half of it. It's a Dual Screens Electric Terrain Hyper Offense team that drags up not one but two RU (and potentially falling) mons to enable three of the UU mons with some of the highest ceilings. In exchange for that it has a pretty horrid defensive profile, but it seems to work out most of the time.

:sv/Pincurchin:
Pincurchin is sort of a necessary evil? It doesn't do much beyond setting up electric terrain and longingly stare out at the borders of your screen as it reminisces about Rising Voltage, but at the very least Terrain Extender helps make it disposable, which is a very useful trait in a team that often finds itself without a true switch-in (and there really isn't that much benefit to running anything else, it's too frail to get much out of lefties). Outside of throwing it under the bus, Discharge does some okay damage in Terrain and the 30% chance for Para is nice, and Hydro Pump does the same minus paralysis to the ground types that like switching into it. Except Gastrodon, but you can just get out spikes on that. It has a slot to spare for hazards and just about enough offensive pressure to not be set-up fodder, but if there is someone that can just sit on it, you can always click Memento to generate some momentum and turn their set-up opportunity into one for Iron Thorns or Hawlucha.

:sv/Iron Thorns:
Iron Thorns and Pincurchin were the things I initially built this team around, and it does like being in Terrain, but it usually isn't actually your wincon like I hoped it would be. It is however a damn good midgame progress maker. Ideally, you do force something out and get a DD off, but it hurts quite a lot without already, especially in Terrain. It is also quite bulky even without investment, so it can usually take a hit from 70% or so. Running Jolly over Adamant allows it to outrun Timid Noivern at +1. Ice Punch and Earthquake are fairly interchangeable, they both give you a short~ish list of mons you can't really hit with anything, but EQ is better for beating Quagsire and Gastrodon. People definitely assume Earthquake tho, so a lot of the time you can just bluff it by playing like you do have it even if you're running Ice Punch. You don't really need Wild Charge because Thunder Punch does usually do enough damage in Terrain and keeps its health up so it can take one hit or go for a sweep without folding to recoil and a prio move.

:sv/Hawlucha:
Hawlucha is the mon that usually ends up finishing the game, since being on cleaning duty means its shaky damage without SD (and sometimes even with) is made up for by everything it faces already being chipped. If it is deployed midgame, it does benefit from being able to set up on most things that IT can't, and Tera Steel allowing you to go for the Dance extremly consistently. Playing fast and loose with Pincurchins health can mean that you can't actually proc Unburden, but it's fast enough to still be fairly decent as long as you don't need Acrobatics to hit anything on the other team, and doesn't actually mind switching out and losing the speed boost that much. Thunder Punch is mostly there because it kills Gyarados and Pelipper, but you could probably also get away with running any other coverage move or Drain Punch for recovery. I have yet to test Defog, it's entirely possible that that might also work, but the momentum loss seems undesirable for a team that relies this heavily on putting on pressure.

:sv/Iron Jugulis:
Iron Jugulis is here to fill in for Hydreigon, it also serves as a Wallbreaker and sometimes as a Pivot. It having the synergy with electric Terrain puts it far ahead of Noivern or Salamence as Hydreigon replacement, but Hurricane is still a substantially worse button than DM, and Dark is definitely the less useful STAB (for both of them). Its biggest downside is the stealth rock weakness, since you can't reliably keep them off the field, and flying is a much worse defensive type than dragon, but it still is the next best thing for this team. The major upside is that Terrain does allow it to make the most of the two (or so) switch-ins it gets even after Rocks go up. It is effectively scarfed and specs'd, which makes it pretty much unstoppable if you clear all Hurricane resists (and are RNGblessed) or can spare the offensive Dark Tera for consistency. It also just hurts real good even if it doesn't take a KO; and you always have U-Turn if you don't want to commit to a read.

:sv/Froslass:
Froslass unites having Taunt and Dual Screens with being fast. The other option for this function is Morgrem, which has the advantage of having an actual move to leave the field with, but using Froslass means I don't have to choose between Light Clay and Eviolite (you could run a sash, I guess, but you do actually live most anything the common leads can do with the right screen up). There's probably an argument of some kind to be made for Tsareena on the basis of being able to actually remove Hazards, but since this is a suicide lead most of the time, I imagine the difference is pretty negligable (and it's much slower). While it can't go boom in any meaningful way, you can run Destiny Bond in the fourth slot to take a KO as it goes out, but the issue with that is that it only works if you actually get them on the first attempt, and after that you just sit there running down the clock on your own Screens and being a liability. Will-o at least gives you something some share of the enemy team is afraid of and allows it have an impact for more than the first nine turns.

:sv/Gallade:
Scarf Gallade is a fairly reliable late-game cleaner and/or revenge killer. Using it midgame is pretty read dependant, but you can just sorta hedge and it will probably do at least reasonable chip damage even if you missed the predict. It's kind of a semi-lure for the Slowtwins with Leaf Blade, but they really only obstruct Hawlucha anyway, so that's only a benefit if you end up preserving those two for the lategame. Knock Off is fairly spamable just for Item removal, and it two shots the only thing you wouldn't just rather hit with something else, Armarouge. It doesn't quite have the breaking power of Iron Jugulis, but it does also serve as a sort of complimentary Wallbreaker that can hit a lot of the things that IJ struggles with, mostly the Hurricane resists, especially if you run EQ over one of the coverage moves.

The team is defintely flawed, especially since the only way to get rid of hazards is to use your Spikes to try and force your opponent to defog (if they even run Defog and not Spin), but commiting to the "all gas no brakes" playstyle means you don't mind hazards too much, since you don't really want to switch that much in the first place, and offensive pressure generally keeps them from stacking the hazards too high if you don't fuck up. The biggest problem I've run into while piloting it is the extremly conditional answer to rain teams that use Barraskewda, which is Tera Electric Iron Thorns behind reflect. Gallade can work, but is even more conditional as it needs reflect, them to not be Tera'd and itself to be unchipped. Floatzel is not a problem at all, since it gets outsped by unburdened Hawlucha and takes 88% minimum from CC.
Most other problems arise from the issue that between the suicide lead and Pincurchin combining with Hawlucha to use two teams slots for one good mon, you're playing a 4v6 from the word go in some games. The synergy with the two Quark Drives and screens to set up behind early do offset that enough to be worth it most of the time, but sometimes you have to play the long game, and this team is noticeably worse at that than nearly any other team.

Last edited:
Hey yall, i just wanted to share a couple teams i have enjoyed using a lot in this meta so far.

This one is a rain balance with Tauros as the main abuser, and focuses more around using rain defensively rather than the more traditional offensive rain style. The main defensive core revolves around Pelipper/Tinkaton/Wo-Chien. Peli is the necessary setter and one of the pivots that can bring in the other mons safely. Tink is the main special wall of the team with the ability to knock stuff and sets rocks. This benefits from the rain in not having to fear fire moves as much from mons like specs Salamence/Noivern, while also being able to tank hits better from Armarouge as well if needed. WaTauros is a neat mon that can serve as a wincon and revengekiller that helps the squad a lot against more offensive teams. Bulk Up also lets it fair well in a metagame where there's plenty of physical attackers and matches up well into the more prominent bugs of the tier sometimes even making them set up fodder. Sandy Shocks is the speed control of choice that also gives the team a volt immunity. Running Tera Ice Blast > Power Gem is also an option here. I find that 3 atks with hazards tends to be pretty good since it often forces switches so it finds ample opportunities to set up spikes for the team, which helps Wo-Chien a lot in being able to rack up chip between hazards + Leech Seed shenanigans. Wo-Chien also makes for a solid answer to a lot of set up mons with Foul Play and it benefits from the rain whether it maintains its base typing or teras into steel. Finally, when using a mon like Wo-Chien it is important to have bug resists on the team, so Talonflame was added to round off the team while also providing hazard control and an additional fast mon outside of Sandy. This team will only be usable for the rest of this month since Peli likely rises next shift as something to consider.
This second one is a team i made for the secret santa project, and has managed to stay effective even throughout the changes the tier has had so far. I peaked at 1669 with this team at one point so far and tends to do well into most matchups. Bramble is the lead of choice for the team. It reminds me a lot of lead Excadrill, but with the ability to spinblock and set up more than just a single rock. It has curse so that you can ideally prevent defoggers from removing your spikes. It's tera normal in the event where if you have to tera it, it can benefit from curse even if it is to only make Rapid Spin stronger, but the typing can also allow you to mess with Gengar. As far as maintaining your spikes goes, Bisharp and Iron Thorns will likely be one of the follow ups to Bramble depending on if they have something that can Defog or not out. I feel like most should be familiar with what Bisharp does, but it's a set up mon that can punish defogging attempts and tera fire can prevent it from betting burned while also giving it a better matchup into mons that can threaten it with a fire/fighting move like Salamence/Noivern/Talon/Jugulis/Armarouge/Slither wing/etc. Iron Thorns is using a timid spread to get a speed boost from its item while also serving as semi-speed control and Swords Dance somewhat makes up for having to run a -atk nature, but don't be fooled, this set puts in work and also threatens the tier's defoggers so it helps you keep up the spikes pretty well. Tera grass also improves the rain matchup. Venomoth is an epic threat that does well into not only many stall builds, but also offense mirrors via Sleep Powder. Quite the powerhouse with tera bug and in general a decent breaker. Moth also gives the team a tspikes absorber which is something offensive builds can struggle with and can also revenge the bugs of the tier as well. Armarouge can be a lethal sweeper that can also act as a form of speed control through Endure. It has enough speed to where it will outspeed base 100s at +1 if it's weak armor procs. Mimikyu is a spinblocker that is also a good safety net answer for a lot of the different things you might see on the ladder and can be a wincon as well.

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
Alright with SV UU Kickoff over and the goat pokemonisfun crowned the victor it is time to drop some of the teams I used in the later rounds of the tournament. All of these are still legal and free to use in the current metagame so have fun and enjoy. The metagame is so much fun, it has room to explore strange archetypes and has a lot of skill expression from the builder. In the earlier rounds of the tournament I used teams that were passed to me by pif, along with a team from Lily so ty yall for the help.

Round 6 vs TyCarter

Game 1:

:palossand: :blissey: :talonflame: :wo-chien: :tinkaton: :qwilfish:Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 11.40.29 PM.png
Wanted to take a crack at fat as it seemed that TyCarter's teams really struggled with breaking past anything with a real backbone. Thought palossand would be really cool as he checks a lot of common stuff in the meta, primarily the fighting types that are generally a threat to fat. If it tera ghosts it also spinblocks really well vs tsareena and can eat a hit from bramble generally. Blissey seemed mandatory for hydreigon, but is still good now. Talonflame is also pretty solid and only really there for removal and a bit of speed Wo-Chien is criminally under used rn and hopefully will see more usage during the drewvitational. It just stat checks a ton of stuff. Tink is tink and a wincon w sd. Qwilfish was my little spice bc i wanted spikes and a check to banded or bdrum azu. It also gets toxic which can really help get past annoying stuff like quag or gastro.

Game 2 and Game 3:

:cloyster: :indeedee: :hawlucha: :haxorus: :froslass: :oricorio-pom-pom:
Edited an Ho that pdt passed me that i thought had a great mu into tycarter. Hawlucha with speed for lycanroc and taunt is the chef's kiss. Cloyster ended up stealing the show but it is still a solid team regardless.

Round 7 vs pif

For this round I really wanted to succeed so I chilled in the builder with two of my best friends outbackrabbit and the goat herself Togkey. Wadley gave a lot of input but tog and i built these teams together(mostly her).

Game 1:

:scream-tail: :haxorus: :maushold: :orthworm: :oricorio-pom-pom: :farigiraf:
Pif stalls this HO floors stall. Pretty self explanatory stuff, farigiraf and maushold ended up owning so well, two underexplored mons in the meta especially giraffe. Nothing rlly cool about this team except the fact that it uses some funny ass mons.

Game 2:

:golduck: :pelipper: :floatzel: :oricorio-pom-pom: :tinkaton: :toedscruel:
Rain. Tera Dark ori to beat grafaiai. Beat it but in game it got poisoned what can you do. I def blew my load too early using my tera and i still feel like this is a powerful rain, especially with bax gone now.

Game 3:

That is all for now, might drop some more teams in the future. This tier can grow so much and i fw it heavy. S/o tomatosoup110 for being one of my newest friends and testing buddies along w everyone else alr tagged.

Introducing...
Da Hamma
:sv/Tinkaton: :sv/Staraptor: :sv/Gengar: :sv/Quagsire: :sv/Grafaiai: :sv/Donphan:

This is the team that I made that i went 20-0 with on the ladder, so I wanted to share it. In short, this team abuses the fact that both staraptor and gengar are still somehow allowed in UU and uses a very synergistic backline to help get them in and do as much damage as possible. This includes Tinkaton's fantastic denfensive capabilites while still scaring out some mons with DA HAMMA, hazard stacking with quagsire, prankster support from grafaiai, and donphan tying everything up in a nice bow. So without further adieu, here is the more in depth descriptions.

:sv/Tinkaton:
Tinkaton @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Gigaton Hammer
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute

The woman, the myth, the legend. Tinkaton, my beloved. It's no secret this mon is basically UU's Great Tusk, so I won't spend too long on this one. Using a max def set with great utility in knock and t wave, Tinkaton can have long lasting consequences on the game. In addition, substitute gives Tinkaton more oppurtunities to spam its other three moves (and t wave + sub is very based).

:sv/Staraptor:
Staraptor @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

The demon spawn Staraptor. This mon just simply put hits WAY to hard for this tier, especially when you run Adamant with Choice Band. The goal is simple: get this into the game and click reckless move. Tera Normal is for quick attack which does absurd damage (and also boosts double edge). CC is just general coverage, though I don't find myself clicking it often. It's there over something like U-Turn because why do 20% and switch out when you can just kill something? This isn't scarf after all.

:sv/Gengar:
Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball

A classic Gengar. Choice scarf contributes towards speed control, but with staraptor, grafaiai, and donphan, this team isn't missing out on speed control too much. So I run modest instead of timid for that extra power. T bolt and energy ball is quite good coverage, hitting everything in the tier. And if you can tera ghost and sweep, excellent.

:sv/Quagsire:
Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Chilling Water
- Spikes
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

We've been over a lot of offensive pressure, so let's go back to the the supports that keep the world form burning. Ever since quag got hazards it has been absolutely popping off, and chilling water actually works well for it, despite usually being worse than scald (rest in peace). By running it with max Spdef, this quag can take on most things. Furthermore, running water absorb makes this a wonderful rain check. And in emergencies, tera steel is nice to avoid an incoming grass move or toxic, though I would be careful with this because this quags best attacking move is 50 bp.

:sv/Grafaiai:
Grafaiai @ Black Sludge
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Encore
- Parting Shot

Even before it got a mega evolution, I loved using Sabeleye. It just sucked that it has a BST of 380 and therefore gave me the big sad everytime I switched it in. But Grafaiai is the new and improved Sabeleye (despite him still being in the game lol). A fast knock is always valuable to have, and being one of the few good mons in the game with toxic is wonderful as well. Priority pivot in parting shot is invaluable, I can't tell you how many times it has absolutely dominated some matchups. And if your opponent is ever brave or stupid enough to set up in front of it, encore that bastard. Then go ahead and get a free switch into Staraptor or Gengar. Free kill. Oh and a final note, tera dark is for the situational psychic immunity and an empowered knock.

:sv/Donphan:
Donphan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Seed Bomb
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin

Last but most certainly not least, (hell, its prolly the second to MVP on this team, losing only to Tinkaton) Donphan. The best way I found to wrap this team up is a spinner with AV. After going through some options, I found donphan to be the clear best pick. Ice shard is incredibly based priority as it also acts as my only ice move. A strong earthquake is something nobody will turn their head from, and seed bomb is some funny tech that helps with quag, gastro, and opposing donphans. Tera grass gives it stab for other threats and also is a good pivot from being pure ground to soak up a hit and revenge kill.

And there we have it! My team that so far is undefeated in UU. If you have any questions or comments, let me know please. And if you use my team, tell me about how it goes!

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/10253213dfd7b164
:magnezone::toxtricity::slither wing::bisharp::talonflame::gastrodon:
A DragMag BO team that I like using, could reach 1500ish.
Mag is mainly a breaker and a backup solution for anti-sweep, it also traps/chips enough/forces to Tera Steel-types.
Tox is the cleaner and the wincon.
Slither is very important against HO, Balance, Stall, Rain and Sun. It's an effective anti-sweep, a good breaker, a Huge momentum creator, the Slows pressurer and the semi-stall breaker.
Bisharp can sweep is the usual cleaner, also helps somehow stopping Staraptor.
Talonflame answer Maushold, fishes Lokix and Slither.
Gastrodon answers Gengar, Sandy Shocks and sets SR.

Melt Gibson

planting gardens in the potholes
is a Forum Moderator
All My Friends - DD Mence + Scarf Gardevoir Bulky Offense
:salamence: :gardevoir: :brambleghast: :tyranitar: :slither wing: :quagsire:
(sets here)

Bulky DD Tera Steel Mence, courtesy of Lavern. Speed to be faster than Base 70 unboosted, and most other things after a DD. Dual Wingbeat is interchangeable with Dragon Claw, just depends what you want to be hitting when not clicking EQ. Intimidate and bulk to help get Dragon Dance going.

Gardevoir as a fast special nuker, speed control, and reliable way to remove the physical walls and Unaware users that would stop Mence. Probably your #1 user of Tera. Also stops Rain!

Bramble serves as extra insurance against Rain, hazard removal, and a way to efficiently scare off Quagsire and Gastrodon. Colbur to help with Knock, or if a prediction on Iron Jugulis goes awry. Thanks to Queen of Bean for this one

Tyranitar adds some much needed bulk to the team, as well as providing a primary source of hazards and a check to special attackers that may give the team trouble.

Slither Wing provides a strong priority user, as well as U-Turn to give the team more offensive momentum while sniping out possible threats with First Impression.

Quagsire rounds out the defensive end of the team, stopping setup sweepers that may give the team trouble if they're allowed breathing room, while also helping to deter stalling via Toxic.

Have fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)