Not open for further replies.
1581001743056.png
1581001813758.png
1581001832725.png
1581001843602.png
1581001987656.png
1581002033880.png

PokePaste
This team has been doing very well for me so far in season 3, currently only sitting at ~40,000-50,000 ranking but I expect I'll place higher by the end if I play my cards right.
The team core is Hydreigon/Hatterene/Corviknight because of the lack of prevalent fighting types and fighting moves I've experienced in the meta that could pose a problem for Hyd/Corvi, as well as great type coverage among these team members.
Dragapult is very rarely used as Hydreigon seems to be more effective against the meta overall, but when I can get him to lead either against an opposing dragapult or something that hits it for supereffective damage, it almost always survives and then goes on to sweep most (if not all) of the opposing team
Coalossal is surprisingly versatile despite its typing being fragile against ground attacks etc. Usually Coal is a counter to common attack-based meta threats like Mimikyu, Galar Darmanitan and Dracozolt, but it also does a tremendous job of dealing with most variations of pokemon like Sylveon and Togekiss. Flame body is essential to deal with physical threats, ensuring that if Will-O-Wisp misses there's another chance during the turn to burn and cripple your opponent.
Toxapex rarely gets use either, but it's there as a check to all variations of gyarados (in case the opposing supporting team is too hostile to corviknight who is usually my go-to Gyarados check)
I used to run Mimkyu instead of Toxapex just as a red herring to coax people to lead with Excadrill, but I find that for whatever reason they tend to do that anyway so I removed Kyu.
Also, this is my first post on Smogon! I've been lurking for a very long time (D/P/Ptnm), but my normie friends can no longer tolerate my constant pokemon strategics so I figured this would be a good community to get active in.

Last edited:

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
https://pokepast.es/740c1b8ec8814214

I built this team myself and have spent countless hours in the past week laddering to #1 on the BSS ladder instead of getting rich, having a girlfriend, or seeking a licensed medical professional to help me treat my fellow children's card game players like human beings instead of continuously threatening to post their personal information online. The title of this PokePaste reflects my real-life name and should in no way serve as reference to any users, banned or otherwise, who might also claim this alias as their own.

e5zoQw-hgw-LCjdhC_4G8IAcHxex5pzda_BD_FPTcBY.png
+
778.png
+
882.png

I wanted to share an archetype that I have tested/seen/battled against, but have not seen discussed in this thread yet. The main strategy is: Turn 1 D-maxer + Trick Room Mimikyu + Dracovish cleanup. It's pretty straightforward and should be newbie friendly to learn. This team also gives the opportunity to use some cool pokemon and variants that wouldn't find homes on other teams.

There has been established success with this setup. Someone finished 29th last season on cart (Series 2) with this version of it (Their blog: https://korokorokoro.hatenablog.com/entry/2020/02/01/210841, their team (best I can do translating, didn't confirm with rental code version): https://pokepast.es/f3c0a72ed0a45fdd ), and Vizually was playing a different version on stream in high master ball rank this week(POWER Master Ball Pokemon Sword Shield Wifi Battles,https://pokepast.es/f3c0a72ed0a45fdd).

The overall strategy is pretty straightforward:
1. Pick your lead, d-max him, and click whatever move is appropriate
2. Clean up as much as you can, until it faints
3. Send out Mimikyu and click trick room
4. Either curse or shadow claw/sneak until Mimikyu faints
5. Send out Dracovish, pick the best move, and keep clicking it until you win or lose

Mimikyu and Dracovish are the stars of the show, and you basically always bring them.

1582294223362.png
IV/EV/Nature:
Nature is Adamant for damage. IVs are 0 speed. EVs are variable, but make sure you have enough HP/Def to survive Mold Breaker Max Steelspikes if you are using Babiri berry, and everything else goes toward attack. Consider putting 4 EV in speed to win other TR Mimikyu mirror matches.

Moveset:
Curse prevents others from stalling out your trick room or trying to setup on you, as well as aiding you in getting Mimikyu out quicker. Shadow sneak/claw is good for chip and can finish off some mons.

Item options:
• Babiri berry helps you survive Mold Breaker Excadrill's Iron Head or Haxorus Iron Tail (+ Max Steelspikes) so you can still get your trick room off. To me, this seems like the safest option, though the Japanese team used Kasib berry
• Kasib berry helps you win mirror matches against other Mimikyus and take out Dragapults. Since Mimikyu and Dragapult are so popular right now, this might be the better option

1582294251331.png
IV/EV/Nature:
Adamant, 0 IV in speed, EVs are 252 in health and attack, and 4 in defense or sp defense. Strong Jaw for the silly fishious rends

Moveset:
Fishious rend, outrage, and rock blast are your three main attacks, with the doubled fishious rend when you go first being the main win condition. Sleep talk is there if you end up getting yawned.

Item:
Choice band is the main pick since you usually end up clicking fishious rend anyway. I could see an argument for Life Orb if you wanted to avoid being choice locked, but Life Orb is probably better on one of your d-maxers. Mystic Water could also free you up from choice lock while not taking away from Fishious rend much.

The four non-Mimikyu/Dracovish pokemon you bring are variable, but I'll list some quick-hits of options I saw below (check the teams above for spreads/items they were using). Things to think about when picking these 4:
• You want a lot of coverage moves for your lead so you get the most out of your d-max.
• Mimikyu can be switched in to predict against a Normal, Fighting or Dragon attack. If your lead is slow, you can set up trick room and go back to them once trick room is set up
• If the opponent has a Gastrodon, Lapras or Vaporeon (Storm Drain/Water Absorb users), they will probably bring that to protect against Fishious rends. Toxapex and Ferrothorn can also be hard to deal with as a Dracovish, so consider not sending Dracovish and replacing him with a poke that can deal with those (Lapras with freeze dry & sheer cold can handle those).
• Rain makes Fishious rend even more ridiculous, so Max Geyser users can help out, though it can be hard to get Dracovish in before rain ends.

1582294275580.png
Snorlax-Gmax with Gluttony and Belly drum. Belly drum to pop your berry turn 1, then G-max replenish turn 2. Opponents can block that with ghost types though, so be careful or predict it with another move. Can also be your way to deal with Ferrothorn and Toxapex

1582294324124.png
Togekiss. Classic great d-maxer. Consider grass knot/solarbeam over the standard nasty plot for more coverage. Lum berry if you want to use it against yawn leads, Life orb or weakness policy for damage.

1582294357757.png
Duraludon with weakness policy. Tanky enough to make use of weakness policy and great coverage moves.

1582294375725.png
Diggersby. Huge power can deal massive damage. Life orb or focus sash if you want to ensure it survives longer.

1582294394561.png
Dragapult with weakness policy. Fast and dangerous. You can go either special or physical and make your opponent guess.

1582294519043.png
Lapras with assault vest (non-Gmax) - Can beat Dracovish counters, and is a decent d-maxer itself. Max Geyser is probably better than the G-max version with this team.

1582294595257.png
Hippowdon - Use to make others think you're the standard yawn lead, then hit them with EQ/Ice/Fire/Thunder Fang coverage.

1582294648441.png
Ditto - Could be useful if you want to lead Mimikyu, then use Ditto as your post-Dracovish cleanup

Others to consider in no particular order: Dracozolt, Charizard, Intelleon, Durant, Rhyperior, Hawlucha, Toxtricity, Type:Null/Silvally, G-max Butterfree, Haxorus, Cinderace

Attachments

87622220_10163312634480722_5392958561187790848_o.jpg
https://pokepast.es/f33328a9314a6954

Pretty standard team I've had success with for the past BSS season on cart. Got a lot of the specific EV spreads from random teams on nouthuca that let some of the mons survive specific moves, such as Hippo being able to survive Icicle Crash from any G-Darm (except if it is Adamant CB, which is rare), and Mimi being able to survive specific Max moves with the Kee berry activated.

You can lead with any of Hippo/Gyara/Hydrei/Aegi depending on the opponent's team. TR Mimi is great at stopping Max Airstreams sweepers by stalling their Dynamax and letting the next mon, usually Snorlax, clean up. The main Dynamax users will always be either Gyara or Snorlax, and in some cases Hydreigon.

Pretty common cores I used were:

1. Anything + Mimi + Lax
2. Aegi + Hydreigon + Anything
3. Hippo + Aegi + Gyara

Only thing I had second thoughts about were Snorlax's moves. Could really run any combination of attacking moves with curse and recycle, but I settled with a STAB move and fire punch due to lacking a fire move in the team overall, and also being able to hit dynamaxed pokemon.

Going to have to make changes to this team next season with the introduction of new Gmax mons and starters.

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
1TP's CorviLax Bulky Offense (Peak #1 PS Ladder, 1715 ELO)

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/ce65cf12e970af9b
Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 9.36.55 AM.png
Cart ID:
1584800009806.png

Hey everyone! This is the team that I used to reach 1715 on the PS ladder, #1 overall!

Meet the Team

rotom-w.gif

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
Level: 50
Happiness: 160
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Lead Frequency: #1
Dynamax Frequency: #5
Bring Frequency: #2

The primary lead for this team. Dual status, ability to knock most Hippowdon out in one hit, and a slower Volt Switch allows this Rotom to stifle a lot of early game setups, while also allowing you to pivot to advantageous situations.

hydreigon.gif

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

Lead Frequency: #2
Dynamax Frequency: #4
Bring Frequency: #4

Strong abuser of Choice Scarf, designed to combat opposing scarf darmanitan, dragapult (be wary of weakness policy), and functions as an end game sweeper with good coverage. Its ability to fast pivot allows you to get in Pokemon like Corviknight against the likes of Mimikyu, or Snorlax against Togekiss. Bring against faster teams, bench against most fatter teams

darmanitan-galar.gif

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Lead Frequency: #3
Dynamax Frequency: #6
Bring Frequency: #5

As a banded Darmanitan, this Darm is able to take down a variety of incredibly bulky threats, including Quagsire, Corviknight, Toxapex, and the like. This Darm forgoes U-turn to get the most coverage possible, allowing it to do ridiculous things such as OHKO most Rotom formes with Superpower. Bring against very fat teams, bench against faster teams. Jolly is used against Excadrill teams, whereas Adamant can be used to maximize damage output, and also guaranteeing more Rotom OHKOs.

snorlax.gif

Snorlax @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Heat Crash
- Thunder Punch

Lead Frequency: #4
Dynamax Frequency: #1
Bring Frequency: #1

One of the best overall Pokemon in the game, and in my opinion the best Dynamax vs Dynamax trader in the game. AV Snorlax is an incredible wall to any and all special attackers, several weak physical attackers, while hitting harder than any other wall could dream of. Almost an auto include against any Togekiss team, does surprisingly well against the likes of Mimikyu, Gyarados, and several other premier physical attackers.

mimikyu-busted.gif

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Phantom Force
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Lead Frequency: #5
Dynamax Frequency: #2
Bring Frequency: #3

The safety net of the team. Mimikyu can get off free SDs into Dynamax, stall turns with Phantom Force, and get quick revenge kills on things such as Focus Sash Excadrill/Aegislash that trade positively with Darmanitan. When in doubt, bring Mimikyu is more true than ever, just try and preseve its Disguise until Dynamax comes out to get the most value out of it.

corviknight.gif

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Roost

Lead Frequency: #6
Dynamax Frequency: #3
Bring Frequency: #6

The physical wall of the team. Is almost always brought against Excadrill, Tyranitar, Haxorus, Cloyster, and the like. This Corviknight gains its strength from getting in on bad matchups, as well as shining when special attacking threats are removed/weakened by Snorlax and Co. While Iron Defense allows this threat to become a win condition, its equally as important to know when to Brave Bird or double, in order to get the most value out of Corviknight and ensure its checks are weakened adequately.

Good luck with your laddering, and feel free to contact me if you have any questions on the team or if you want general team/gameplay feedback!

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello everyone; its been a while since I last posted here. I haven't seen a rain-themed team on here, so I decided to post my team which I used to get to the Master Ball rank.

:Pelipper:
Pelipper @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- Surf
- U-Turn

:Barraskewda:
Barraskewda @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk, 188 Spe, 68 HP
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch

:Hydreigon:
Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

:Aegislash:
Aegislash @ Focus Sash
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 SpA, 204 Atk, 52 Spe
Rash Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak

:Excadrill:
Excadrill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 Atk, 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Tomb
- Horn Drill

:Rotom-Mow:
Rotom-Mow @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP, 164 SpA, 92 Def
Bold Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Basically I wanted to make a rain-themed team that wasn't overly reliant on rain and could function without rain if need be (like if the opposing team preview was not favorable to either Pelipper or Barraskewda). Pelipper and Barraskewda were basically must-haves for this team; Pelipper is the only auto-rain setter available right now, and Barraskewda is arguably the best rain sweeper out there right now. In particular, Pelipper can surprise some Pokémon due to its Choice Specs, which enable it to get some surprise OHKOs/2HKOs. I thought about giving it Ice Beam, but I feel that Surf is more helpful here for the guaranteed hits on some Pokemon, or if it needs to sweep late game. I also thought about giving Barraskewda Giga Impact for some Water Pokemon, but it really does need all of the moves that it currently has right now. The rest of the team was chosen for their abilities to handle Pokémon that can give the rain-mons problems. Excadrill is immune to electric moves, does well against the Rotom forms, and does well against a lot of common Pokémon out there in general. Also, in certain situations where you know the opposing Pokémon will switch out, Rock Tomb is a great move to have. This enables Excadrill to win some otherwise unwinnable matchups, or at least up another teammate for success. Hydreigon resists both grass and electric moves, and can also outpace a lot of common scarfed or boosted Pokémon like Galarian Darmanitan, Gyarados, and Rotom-A. I feel that its power is lacking sometimes, but honestly that's a necessary evil that I have to deal with, as a Modest nature would not enable me to outpace some key threats. Aegislash pairs well with Hydreigon (I believe the pair collectively resist every type), and can do well against many Pokémon one on one because of its focus sash. Rotom-Mow can take on dynamaxed Gyarados and Gastrodon fairly well which was an issue before, and it can take on almost any other water Pokémon well which could give the rain mons problems.

I would say this team isn't perfect, but it does showcase that teams with rain-centered Pokémon can do well. In particular, I think that Lapras-Gmax would be a good replacement for Rotom-Mow, but sadly I don't have one lol. I encourage you to try this team out and maybe make your own adjustments to make it even better!

Attachments

Last edited:
Here's a hyper offense team I used to initially break into triple digits in season 4 (March) on console:

gloom rental.jpg

Rental Code: 0000 0003 N5DJ 7N

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/13d4470ae391fab3

It's more or less just a Gyarados/Excadrill all in off the back of suicide lead Tyranitar, but it's also got Gloom in it for defensive match ups. I go into slightly more detail here (external site).

gloomrating.jpg

The reason I thought this might be worth posting is that it's consistent and easy to pilot, and given that it's built for BSS Series 3 ruleset, which apparently only ends April 30th, there's potentially two full seasons of this not being made entirely obsolete due to any slow drop expansions in allowed stuff.

Hey everyone, longtime lurker, first time poster. With the arrival of Sword and Shield on console, I have recently taken interest again in competitive pokemon. I have been playing since January and I have put about 110 hours into the game. Before Sword and Shield, I played Gens I, II, IV, and V. This month was the first time I pushed for Masterball Tier, and I succeeded fairly early, and fairly efficiently with this team. I want to share it, in hopes that maybe someone who is struggling can do the same with this team.

The thought process behind this team is fairly simple. I wanted to have enough pivots to maintain momentum, and then bring in powerful meta threats. You will note that this team is fairly balanced between pokemon that can take a few hits, and pokemon that are more offensive.

In terms of strategy against opponents, I evaluated which pokemon they would likely select to counter mine, and then select my counters based on those pokemon. I found myself often leading with Rotom-W, and either clicking Volt Switch or another move in anticipation of a switch-in. Rotom-W felt like the glue that bound this team together. I found Incineroar to be increasingly prevalent as a lead in Tier 9 and higher, so Rotom-W would usually give me momentum in that situation.

After Rotom-W, I would select another special attacker in either Dragapult or Togekiss. I would select Dragapult for coverage, and Togekiss when I was fairly certain I could setup a sweep (e.g. opponent does not have Excadrill).

The third slot selected would usually be a coverage option to counterpick a major threat. Lapras has definitely seen increased play, since its Gmax form became available. As such, Conkeldurr + Rotom-W proved to be able to consistently beat Lapras, playing around Weakness Policy. I found AV Conkeldurr to be more consistent than Guts. Given the pokemon I was using as offensive threats, I wanted sufficient defensive coverage, primarily for offensive Mimikyu, so I selected Ferrothorn.

The only pokemon that didn't get a lot of play was Galarian Darmanitan. I had started out using Darm as a lead, but I found Rotom-W to be better, given the prevalence of Intimidate leads.

In terms of what I am planning going forward, I am currently testing a team that uses Gmax Snorlax or Tyranitar as leads, trying to setup sweeping situations for Togekiss.

Attachments

Hello everyone, time for another team!

I give credit to 1_TrickPhony for the basis of this team, or using the core of Corviknight and Snorlax, as they pair together very well (like a more offensive version of the old Skarm-Bliss core). In general, I based this team around using generally bulky Pokemon that meshed well with each other. I did 50 battles with this team, peaked as high as 57th overall, and generally won every two of three battles. Given that I did the majority of my battles in the Master Ball tier (or against good competition), I would say that this team performs pretty well. Anyway, here is the team:

Dragapult @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SpA, 208 Spe, 44 HP, 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt

General Summary:
Honestly, I look at Dragapult as the ultimate check to a lot of threats out there. It outpaces pretty much every +1 speed boosted threat, and it has really good coverage to hit a lot of things for super-effective damage. Dragapult also makes for a great dynamax sweeper due to its great move coverage; it has to watch out for opposing Dragapults though since this particular set doesn’t have max speed. Some common weaknesses of this team were to Fire, Electric, and Fighting moves, and Dragapult resists them all, which is helpful. The EV spread does look weird, but it allows Dragapult to outspeed Jolly Sand Rush Excadrill in sand while having a little extra bulk.

In Depth:
I could have went with a Modest nature and 140 speed EVs to give Dragapult more power and the ability to outspeed Gengar while dynamaxed. However, I wanted Dragapult to outspeed other things like the before mentioned Sand Rush Excadrill, so I went with a faster EV/nature spread here. Dragapult's two main abilities, which are Clear Body and Infiltrator, are nearly interchangeable here, as both abilities have their benefits, yet both don't give one version of Dragapult with one ability over the other Dragapult version with the other ability. I chose Clear Body to avoid the impact of stat drops, like stat drops from certain dynamax moves and speed drops from moves like Rock Tomb and Drum Beating. Draco Meteor and Shadow Ball are Dragapult's main stab moves here. Draco Meteor is useful if you need a strong, one-off move, while Shadow Ball is a more consistent, 100% accurate move. Fire Blast is for Pokémon like Ferrothorn and Corviknight, while Thunderbolt is for Pokémon like Gyarados. In particular, Fire Blast always will OHKO max HP/max defense Ferrothorn and always 2HKO max HP/max defense Corviknight, whereas Flamethrower will never OHKO and 2HKO those versions of Ferrothorn and Corviknight respectively.

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Tomb
- Swords Dance

General Summary:
Excadrill is really good in this current metagame right now. Mold Breaker allows it to hit a lot of things like Mimikyu and Rotom-A that would otherwise give it issues. A strategy that I’ve used a few times was to lead with Primarina while my opponent led with Rotom-A, switch in Excadrill while Rotom-A used Volt Switch, then basically get a free move while Rotom-A would switch out (as choiced Rotom-A would likely be locked into Volt Switch and ‘normal’ Rotom-A would be outsped and KOed (besides Rotom-Mow of course). I’ve caught quite a few Togekiss’ off guard in particular by using Max Steelspike on them while they switched in to try to block my potential Earthquakes. Another effective strategy if the opposing strategy is unclear is to use Rock Tomb to lower the opposing Pokemon’s speed, then use the appropriate move to KO that Pokemon while outspeeding them. I’ve found that the Focus Sash is an effective item for Excadrill, as it allows Excadrill to check some Pokemon like Charizard that it would normally have no business checking.

In Depth:
Max attack and max speed EVs are to maximize Excadrill's offensive potential. It's Jolly nature most notably allows it to outspeed non-scarfed Rotom forms, which is very important here. Combined with Mold Breaker, this enables Excadrill to serve as a solid check to Rotom forms, at least most of the time anyway. It's first two moves, Earthquake and Iron Head, are its strongest stab options. I went with Rock Tomb over Rock Slide, as the speed drop from Rock Tomb (and slightly better accuracy) is usually much more beneficial then the slightly extra power from Rock Slide. I went with Swords Dance for the fourth move here. I don't often use swords Dance in my battles, but on certain occasions where Excadrill is afforded a free turn, it can be very helpful to get that +2 attack boost.

Snorlax @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Def, 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch

General Summary:
Snorlax is very effective right now in this metagame. It’s natural bulk, along with its Assault Vest, allows it to check numerous threats on the special side, and certain weaker physical threats as well. In particular, there’s a lack of good fighting-typed Pokemon, which helps Snorlax be that much more effective. Also, dynamaxed Snorlax is a force in this metagame right now, not being able to be 2HKOed by a ton of attacks out there. It’s attacks might not necessarily be the strongest that they can be, but I wanted to ensure that all of its attacks could hit dynamaxed Pokemon if Snorlax was not dynamaxed itself (as weight-based moves like Heavy Slam and Heat Crash automatically fail against dynamaxed Pokemon). It’s coverage moves hit a lot of common threats hard. Max Steelspike is for Mimikyu and Togekiss, Max Flare is for Excadrill and Ferrothorn, and Max Lightning is for Gyarados.

In depth:
Snorlax has maximum attack EVs along with the Adamant nature to maximize its power. The 252 defense EVs might seem strange for a specially oriented wall, but this allows Snorlax to wall some weaker physical threats and overall be a more effective team member. Back in last generation battles, Evolite Chanseys did the same thing in running 252 defense EVs to be more effective Pokémon, even though its defense stat was one of its lowest stats. Body Slam may not be the strongest move that Snorlax has, but it is likely the most consistent option, and it has a decent sized chance to paralyze the opponent, which can be very helpful. Iron Head is for all those Fairy-typed Pokémon out there and Tyranitar mainly, Fire Punch is mainly for Ferrothorn and Corviknight, and Thunderpunch is mainly for Gyarados.

Primarina @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 HP, 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Sparkling Aria
- Energy Ball
- Aqua Jet

General Summary:
Primarina matches up well against a lot of top threats right now like Dragapult, Hydreigon, Darmanitan-Galar, and Excadrill. In particular, it makes for a good lead due to its natural bulk, relative strength, and access to Aqua Jet. In particular, it can 2HKO Focus Sash Cloyster with Energy Ball + Aqua Jet, it can 2HKO Focus Sash Mamoswine with Sparkling Aria + Aqua Jet, and it can at least 2HKO most Grimmsnarl leads. Due to having Energy Ball, Primarina is also my main answer to some bulky water-typed Pokemon that could give my team some trouble like Gastrodon, Seismitoad, Quagsire, and other Primarinas. It can also ‘brute force’ its way past some other bulky Pokemon when dynamaxed like Corsola-Galar and Aegislash, and in general Primarina has a positive matchup against a lot of Pokemon out there. Just don’t use Max Overgrowth against Lapras lol.

In Depth:
Max special attack EVs along with the Modest nature maximizes Primarina's power, and maximum HP EVs gives Primarina a decent amount of bulk. I could have went with 140 speed EVs to outspeed maximum speed Adamant Conkeldurr and Corviknights without much speed investment, but I thought it was more beneficial to have maximum bulk here, as it would generally help Primarina out more anyway. I went with Sparkling Aria over Hydro Pump because of Sparkling Aria being more accurate and reliable of an option than Hydro Pump. Also, I went with Sparkling Aria over Surf because Sparkling Aria can hit Pokémon through Substitues whereas Surf cannot (as Sparkling Aria is a sound move, and all sound moves can hit Pokémon through Substitutes). Even though Aqua Jet is weak, its +1 priority can be very helpful, and can allow Primarina to act as a good leadoff Pokémon.

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Body Press
- Roost
- Iron Defense

General Summary:
Really, this is the standard Corviknight in BSS right now, so there’s not much special here. That doesn’t mean its not good though. Corviknight does well against many physical attackers, and if it gets a few Iron Defense boosts up physical attackers usually can’t break past Corviknight. Corviknight is not the usual dynamax candidate for most matches, but a well-timed Max Airstream can really turn the tide of a match.

In Depth:
Max HP and max defense EVs, along with the Impish nature, maximize Corviknight's physical defense capabilities as well as powering up it's Body Press move. I feel that Mirror Armor is more helpful than Pressure is in Battle Stadium Singles, as this metagame is more of a fast paced game. The Rocky Helmet further helps Corviknight's purpose here, as it limits the amount of times Pokémon can use contact moves on Corviknight, and most contact moves are physical moves. It's also helpful to bounce back those stat drops from dynamax moves and speed lowering moves like Rock Tomb and Icy Wind. Brave Bird may seem strange for a defensive Pokémon, but it's extra power over a move like Drill Peck allows it to be a more effective teammate. In particular, Brave Bird allows Corviknight to reliably 2HKO Conkeldurr and Rillaboom and almost always OHKO Hawlucha, whereas Drill Peck cannot do those things. Iron Defense's purpose is twofold; it allows Corviknight to wall most physical threats after a boost or two, and it also boosts the power of Body Press, as Body Press' attack power is determined by Corviknight's defense stat.

Hydreigon @ Haban Berry
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Nasty Plot

General Summary:
Hydreigon is mainly used for matchups against bulkier teams due to it having Nasty Plot, but while it isn’t bad it’s the least-used member of my team. Dragapult is usually the better choice due to its superior speed, but Hydreigon is bulkier, stronger, and has a different typing that can help it sometimes. It’s Haban Berry allows it to win some normal ‘unwinnable’ matchups like against Dragapult and other Hydreigons. Really, Hydreigon is more of a specialized option here, but it can be helpful in some situations, like against those annoying Gothitelles.

In Depth:
Hydreigon has max special attack and speed EVs, along with the Timid nature, to maximize its offensive potential. In particular, its Timid nature allows it to outspeed prominent threats like Mimikyu and Haxorus, which is very helpful. Like Dragapult, Hydreigon's two stab moves can serve different purposes. One acts as a 'nuke', and the other acts as a more consistent move option. Flash Cannon was chosen because there are a ton of Fairy-typed Pokémon that see a lot of use right now.

I usually lead with some combination of the first three Pokemon, or Dragapult, Excadrill, and Snorlax, as those three Pokemon check or counter a lot of common Pokemon out there. Primarina is a good lead in certain scenerios, like if your opponent has a Cloyster or Mamoswine for instance. Obviously, Snorlax is usually included if there are a lot of specially-based Pokemon on the opposing team, whereas Corviknight is usually included if there are a lot of physically-based Pokemon on the opposing team. There are also some good duos on this team. Corviknight and Snorlax pair well together due to both of them covering physical and special threats fairly well. Primarina and Excadrill pair well together as well due to their typing; Excadrill is immune to two of Primarina’s weaknesses, while Primarina resists two of Excadrill’s three weaknesses, and they both cover Pokemon that could give the other trouble fairly well.

Also, don’t be afraid to dynamax right away. I find myself dynamaxing right away quite a bit to gain an advantage right away, as I find that opponents usually wait to dynamax their Pokemon (though not always of course). Be sure to not always do the ‘safe’ moves, as good predictions in this fast-paced metagame can really swing momentum in your favor. For example, if your opponent has Toxtricity on the field against your Excadrill on the field and your opponent has a Togekiss on the bench, don’t be afraid to use Iron Head to try to catch the Togekiss switching into battle with a potential surprise KO. Also try to get a feel for how your opponent is. If you see them trying to predict your potential moves, then be sure to try to predict their potential moves as well. If you see them not really predicting your moves, then feel free to do ‘safe’ moves more often.

Dragapult @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SpA, 208 Spe, 44 HP, 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Tomb
- Swords Dance

Snorlax @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Def, 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch

Primarina @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 HP, 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Sparkling Aria
- Energy Ball
- Aqua Jet

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Body Press
- Roost
- Iron Defense

Hydreigon @ Haban Berry
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Nasty Plot

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

(Keep in mind its only day three of this ranked battle season lol, but I still thought this ranking was really good)

EDIT: Added 'In Depth' sections for all Pokémon, which can help newer battlers out there understand this stuff better possibly.

Attachments

Last edited:
With the imminent arrival of the DLC, I figured I should share this team before it becomes defunct. There is still one month left to use it so maybe others might benefit from it. I originally made this team for a friend to introduce them to the format, but I had some success with it as well this month. I finished rank 2737 and 1821 ELO so still quite a ways to go compared to the top players, but it was my best result so far. Also thanks to Lan from Discord for trying out the team and changing up the Mimikyu and Dragapult sets.

The goal of the team was to maximize type synergies in order to develop team preview skills so team is somewhat uninspiring and uncreative. Typing-wise you have a lot of good stuff: FWG core, DFS core, Double Ghost, Double Fairy, a Normal, a Ground. This gives you a lot of flexibility in terms of the three you can bring. I think I brought every possible triple except Mimikyu, Diggersby, Dragapult because it was too frail for my liking and the sets are not the best in combination with each other. I also used every Pokemon as a lead except Mimikyu with Primarina being the most common lead.

Team:
:primarina: :ferrothorn: :rotom-heat: :mimikyu: :diggersby: :dragapult:

Paste: https://pokepast.es/65ed66156a107f35

Rental code: 0000 0002 K1K3 B1

The sets are all standard sets on Top 30 Pokemon so I'll refrain from saying much about them but I'll discuss a bit about general strategy and team preview.

One thing that should pop out about the team is that there is not a go-to Dynamax user since there is no Max Airstream or Weakness Policy user. However every member can utilize Dynamax pretty well and hopefully you can spend the first few turns gaining some information in order to get a good feel for what will be the best Dynamax user in the match. This is not necessarily the correct way to think about Dynamax, but I like to differentiate between a proactive use of Dynamax and a reactive use of Dynamax. Ferrothorn and Rotom-H are best used reactively to stop the opposing Dynamax user from sweeping you while Diggersby and Dragapult are used proactively to break through the opponents teams. Mimikyu can be used in both ways to check an Airstream sweeper or to sweep. There is a bit more nuance here in that sometimes you Dynamax simply to preserve health or Dynamax early to prevent the opponent from setting up among other uses as well. Of course you are not omniscient, but you can generally get a good feel for the game and develop a good game plan accordingly.

In terms of team preview, I think it is best handled through trial and error. One approach to this could be to start by making an absolute rule to follow and then qualifying that rule with various conditionals as you gain more experience and adjust accordingly. To illustrate with an example, you can start with something like I'll bring Rotom-H every time I see an opposing Togekiss. Then after some battles, you realize that Togekiss commonly comes paired with Stealth Rock support and/or has Ancient Power so Rotom-H is not as solid of a counter as you previously thought. The adjustment to make would be something like considering to also bring Mimikyu in order to revenge kill Togekiss but there could also be some changes in play where you want to avoid taking too much chip damage on Rotom-H or make it more difficult for Togekiss to safely get off a Nasty Plot. There are definitely a lot of interactions to consider and Dynamax complicates 1v1 scenarios so I think it is best not to tackle everything at once.

The end result of the process should be that you should no longer have any rules but rather a bunch of arguments for/against bringing a certain Pokemon. Team preview (and gameplay as a whole) is obviously still something I struggle at and I certainly do not claim to have the answers, but hopefully this helps others.

Thanks for reading

Screenshot_20200601-093102_Pokmon HOME.jpgScreenshot_20200601-093113_Pokmon HOME.jpg

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This team saw some decent success by myself and others on the stadium ladder so I'm going to share it here. It's a Libero Cinderace team in the brand new Libero Cinderace meta, and given that the meta will change drastically in a few weeks there's no real reason to hide this team.

1591452742901.png

Cinderace @ Life Orb
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- High Jump Kick

Togekiss @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed
- Curse

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Lapras-Gmax @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 12 HP / 76 Def / 196 SpA / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sparkling Aria
- Freeze-Dry
- Sheer Cold
- Ice Shard

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Horn Drill

Basic type synergy based balance team with Libero Cinderace. Potential improvement options include altering the Togekiss set to Lum Serene Grace to improve the Yawn matchup, but otherwise it's pretty straightforward. Lapras EVs survive banded Darmanitan Superpower as well as outspeed 4 Spe Rotom-formes. Default pick is Lapras + Cinderace + 1, where you beat opposing dynamax while setting up veil for your team and Cinderace cleans up the rest, and if not the last one should be able to 1v1. Use Excadrill + Lapras + Togekiss vs stall. Use Hydreigon when you see a Darm in preview. Lead Lapras when you see a Hippowdon. Main threats are Fire Move Yawn Snorlax (rare), and DD Dragapult (don't let it sub for free).

Considering the current season is coming to a close very soon, I decided it'd kinda not be worth building a team this far in. So, I went ahead and built a team for the next season, which we anticipate will allow the new G-Max mons, mons returning in the Ilse of Armor DLC, and Urshifu. Fortunately, I wasn't the only person who had this idea, as I ran almost exclusively into teams that appeared to be built for the next season too - I only ran into one Melmetal which would be banned by ordinary play. I played, I'd say, around 40-50 games in casuals these past couple of days, and this team's been very fun to use.

Volcarona @ Coba Berry / Focus Sash / Mago Berry / Lum Berry
Ability: Swarm
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Psychic/Hurricane/Giga Drain

Volcarona is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, amazing this gen. It's a fantastic goodstuffs mon - it sets up and it cleans house. With Swarm, its Max Flutterby is the strongest in the game, cleanly 2HKOing non-dynamax max SpDef Porygon2 at +1. You can really run whatver coverage move you want in the 4th slot, I personally run Psychic to get the jump on Toxapex and other mons that would resist its STABs. I also run Coba Berry to have an ever so slightly better MU against Max Airstream abusers, but Sash and pinch berries I think would work just fine.

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast / Icy Wind
- Sheer Cold

Ninetales is invaluable against most teams because it provides chip and Aurora Veil to assist with setup. It's also one part of a two-mon team that aims to take down the numerous fat boys that run around the meta. It's typically the mon I lead with the most, but I will keep it in the back if there's something threatening I think they'll lead with at team preview, or a weather setter.

Mimikyu @ Figy Berry
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Curse
- Pain Split
- Phantom Force

As a surprise to absolutely no-one, I hate Dynamax. But, as with most things you come to hate in life, you come to accept them, albeit begrudgingly.
As a surprise to absolutely no-one, I despise Toxapex. It never dies. If you don't have something that does over 70% to this cold sore at team preview, you hit Run.
As a surprise to most people on the ladder, this Mimikyu does not set up. It is here purely for the purpose of luring the opponent into bringing fat boys, so that it can click Substitute, Curse, Pain Split, Phantom Force, typically in that order. This isn't its only role - as you could probably guess, it's also designed to waste the opponent's Dynamax turns. Usually vs. fat boys, if it's set up successfully, it then has to spend multiple turns stalling out the fat boy's recovery move. As they are forced to recover to avoid dying, you are free to switch to Ninetales and attempt to cheese them with Sheer Cold. Alternatively, you can stay in and guess what they're going to do, but that comes at a risk of making the wrong move and losing your momentum, Mimikyu, even the whole game. The general plan of this team vs. any player that explicitly carries mons designed to slow down the pace of the match is to bring Ninetales and Mimikyu, and whoever covers the rest of the team the most. If they're going to slow down the pace of the game to their liking, you have to follow them. There's obviously a few Dynamax candidates that can give this set a bit of trouble (Dragapult and Lapras come to mind), but overall, Mimikyu has done its job just fine.

Cinderace-Gmax @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Iron Head
- Pyro Ball
- Sucker Punch

Unlike most teams running about right now, Cinderace isn't the star of the show here. It's here to provide additional cleanup support with a set that tries to spread the type coverage as wide as possible. You'll notice this set doesn't have HJK. You could run it over Zen Headbutt if you'd like, but Zen is a really solid move for what it does outside of being an additional countermeasure to Toxapex. Most teams expect the archetypal HJK/Pyro Ball/Iron Head/Bounce set, so I think it works to Cinderace's advantage. Although I'd consider my Mimikyu to be an overall decent matchup vs. other Mimikyu sets, Gmax makes Mimikyu a complete non-issue. I think the other two starters will also appreciate being able to hit through Disguise as well. Max Steelspike won't OHKO Babiri Berry Togekiss, which is definitely a problem, but that's assuming they're running it at all as it doesn't appear to be a very popular item.

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 108 SpA / 4 SpD / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse

An alternative lead taken straight from the dex. EVs obivously give it a bit of thiccness and lets it outpace neutral base 60s with no investment. If it's got a good MU vs. the opponent's lead, most of the time I click Nasty Plot and win. It's the mon I use the least, though. It's got a good MU vs. Togekiss, but I still think Togekiss gives this team a bit of trouble. If it gets a free NP there's not much I can do.

Urshifu-Gmax @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Acrobatics

While I think Rapid Style will be more popular in BSS due to its ability to tear apart meta-defining items and Abilities, I think Single Style Urshifu will ultimately prove to be better. I used Rapid Style before making the switch, and it wasn't doing much for me if I'm honest. This form lets Urshifu cover more mons and dole out more consistent damage. Although I see it as the star of this team, ironically, I don't have much to say about it. Just good old-fashioned Dynamax and WP abuse.

Modes/Misc comments:

• Most modes vs. opponents who bring stall is Ninetales/Mimikyu/X. Lead Mimikyu or Ninetales, wear down their walls, and then bring in your third guy to clear up. The nice thing about leading Mimikyu into a fat mon is that the opponent still has no idea what set it's running. Switching out keeps the element of surprise. If they have to pivot into a fat mon, that's also good, because you get to click Sub for free, or pivot out into something else that beats the fat mon, usually Ninetales.
  • If there are no fat boys, or their bulky mons don't have a reliable form of recovery, then it can be swapped for something else, unless you know for certain that it's going to be the opponent's Dynamaxer.
  • Rotom comes in very handy vs. Magnezone, Togekiss, and Rapid Style Urshifu. If the opponent has one or more of these mons, I will usually lead Rotom. If there's something that would kill Rotom on turn 1, or force it to Dynamax in an unfavourable situation, then I would lead Ninetales.
  • Dragapult hasn't been a massive threat, despite being able to break through Mimikyu with Infiltrator. Most of the time I've encountered it, I've swiftly dealt with it using whoever my third guy is. You could just lose because you don't know what its set is, but every team can lose to Dragapult that way.
  • As the probability of the opponent leading with a weather setter is 1, I lead Mimikyu. It outspeeds all of them bar opposing Ninetales, who can be dealt with by either leading Volcarona or Cinderace.
  • Galar-Darmanitan exists and it's scary and it WILL try to pick off these mons. If Mimikyu's disguise isn't intact and it's healthy, it could be game over. It's a problematic mon, as I feel like it forces me to bring Rotom and Cinderace just to deal with it. Hopefully, Mimikyu's element of surprise will keep it away.

This season's gonna be really interesting.

Hi!

First off, thanks to everyone who liked the Duraludon Screens team back last year. I'm really happy to hear a lot of you had fun using it to ladder / getting fun Pokemon like Toxicity to work. I tried a few variants of the team later on to see if I could hand out a more refined version, but nothing really panned out pre Isle of Armor. Now IoA is here, my rank was reset to 1, and I needed a sweet team to climb.

I wanted to make another super proactive set up sweeper team so wins and losses were over quick. Things were tougher this time. I tried something involving Belly Drum Poliwrath, but that didn't pan out well (don't test stuff using casual battle lol). Eventually, after tossing a bunch of crap at the wall, I found a core of two offensive mons and two(!!) different leads to set them up. Once they were all together, getting up high went by pretty fast.

So, here's another offensive, proactive, easy-to-pilot team for a swifter climb into Master Rank for Isle of Armor.

cinderaces.jpg

CLICK HERE for the showdown importable and details.

How's it work? The team consists of three main parts:

The Ridiculous Cleaning Duo

:Cinderace: :Gyarados:
Cinderace is absolutely top of the line bonkers ridiculous, holy moly. I stopped paying attention to battle stadium for a bit so I was completely blindsided by the cinderpocalypse and its omnipresence. It's well deserved of course: it fucking rocks. Gyarados goes so well with it too, hitting everything Cinderace misses with it's coverage. The default mode is using these two together in the back with one of the below as a lead:

The Supporting Leads

:Scizor: :Klefki:
Klefki probably looks familiar; it's basically a better version of the suicide Duraludon lead I used a page back. Scizor is the oddball. Versus more passive leads, you can Swords Dance and Baton Pass to either of your terrifying offensive mons, then dynamax and probably win. Versus something like an expected lead Cinderace, you clock it in the face with Counter. It also trades well with a lot of similar leads and makes for a good back up Mimikyu / Togekiss check. I'd recommend Scizor as the default lead and switching to Klefki if you expect something more offensively oriented without its own set up.

The Other Options

:Darmanitan-Galar:

These two are here if for whatever reason, your lead seems unneeded or Gyarados / Cinderace just won't do a good job that game. G-Darm is more all purpose, while Urshifu is for stall. Wicked Blow roughs up defensive stuff super nice; absolutely bring it to fend off Galar Corsola. If you're recreating this team with your own Pokemon, these slots are probably the most expendible for experimentation.

----
That's everything! This one felt like a nice introduction to the new format laddering all the way back up to master rank. I think it's pretty good for getting up there quick if you mostly just want your Pokemon to have fancy ribbons like me. Have fun! Again, feel free to let me know if you use it for a bit, I always love to hear about people trying out something of mine. Go atomize a few Pokemon with three consecutive +2 G-Max Fireballs.

Also, everyone on the team has a ribbon, so you'll get those spiffy intro titles. :blobthumbsup:

Got too Max piloting this, given that I am pretty new I figured this might be helpful for new players! - 0000 0008 0YPJ C0

:Grimmsnarl: :Lapras: - The basic idea for this team is leading either Lapras or Grimmsnarl. Grimmsnarl if I feel like my opponent has little or no response to Togekiss, utilising double screen and thunder-wave to help Togekiss set up. Lapras was for when I wanted a little bit more of an offensive lead and felt I could I just win the game of a good G-Max lapras play.

:Togekiss: - Initially I brought Togekiss nearly every game alongside Grimmsnarl, but near the end of my run I found myself favouring Lapras/Cinderace/Excadrill. He is still a potent carry on your team, but you really have to ensure a weakness policy or Nasty Plot goes off in order too sweep. Also, its worth considering that when bring Lapras you likely want her to be your Dynamax target, which can gimp Togekiss late-game ability as they really benefit from the speed boosts from Max-Airstream.

:Cinderace: :Excadrill: - Cinderace was probably the Pokemon I picked the most outside of the leads, I feel his versatility and sweeping potential are near unrivalled right now, it was hard for me to find games where I felt his presence would be unneeded. Excadrill falls just behind Cinderace in usage, most commonly I would abuse focus sash for a nice revenge kill or utilise Swords Dance to use him as a sort of late-game insurance policy.

:Ferrothorn: - This was the slot I switched out the most on my team. I brought this versus stall, it probably would have been better to run curse. I thought stealth rockers were going to be very common, but found myself not bringing it often and others seldom using it. It also acts as a soft-check to Rillaboom, but not really.

Attachments

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
Having trouble with the new Isle of Armor meta? Greil and I did too! To help make your learning curve a little less steep, here are some sample teams that we used to qualify for Battle Stadium Ladder Tour (#1 and #2 scores of the week, ending at just below 1600). I apologize for the somewhat lacking team descriptions (this isn't a RMT after all), but hope you find these useful regardless! PM me or greil if you have any questions :)

1TP's teams:

1. Zio Ferro-Pex Balance: https://pokepast.es/5281ce18000ded6a
This is a team I made with my tutee, Zio. It has rocks lead Excadrill to pave the way for Life Orb Cinderace sweeps, a fairly common combination in the new meta. Sub Dragapult aims to take advantage of Wisp users, and then Prim + Ferro-pex provides a defensive backbone with generally good synergy with the main players of the team.
2. Offensive Hippo Semi-TR: https://pokepast.es/84fc6a505e74083d
This team aims to take advantage of Cinderace and other more offensively oriented teams by encouraging Dynamax early then flipping the script with Trick Room. It has a special and physical TR abuser in Lapras/Hippo, setter with Mimikyu, and otherwise strong mons like Cinderace, Rillaboom, and P2, the latter two of which also can do pretty well in TR conditions. Hippo is a great lure as well, and doesnt necessarily need Dynamax to be successful.
3. Ladder peak team: https://pokepast.es/d1c2b113e04eb49a
So idk what title to give this team, but its the one I got my highest score with. Much like team 1, Lycanroc does a great job of setting rocks for your Cinderace, as well as counter any physical threats early on, such as Rillaboom/Cinderace. Scarf Zolt is another common lead, outspeed most non-Pults and dealing hefty damage to a meta that is now somewhat lacking in Dracozolt switchins. Ferrothorn is used to break balance teams through ID/BP, and can also serve as effective lure to the likes of togekiss (also surviving many rolls of LO pyro ball from jolly cinderace if needed). Prim and P2 serve as special and physical checks when needed to patch up the team.

Greil's teams:
1. Original Meta Testing Team: https://pokepast.es/e155d6a8961a01ac
This is the team Greil first used (and what cant say used on his first LT stream. This team has a variety of physical and special sweepers that tend to trade well, including the lifes of LO Cinderace (notice a theme in these teams LOL), WP Urshifu-RS, and Critkiss. Mimikyu exists to revenge kill at the end, but can also Dynamax if needed.
2. New TR Resonance (Greil's current cart team): https://pokepast.es/ccff845eeb972834
This team has many elements of the previous Greil TR team, but swaps out Hydreigon to Scarf Dracozolt, due to the dearth of switch-ins available in the new meta. This variant of Trick Room enjoys the added effectiveness of Rhyperior, who handily beats out the new #1 mon, Cinderace. Aegislash is often used as a lead to effectively trade 1 vs 1, and Lapras serves as a special tank, while also having the option to set screens if it opts to Dynamax. The final pokemon is support pult, which helps prevent Cinderace from sweeping and preying on other status users.

Last edited:

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
hi, ive seen some ppl ask for updated Isle of Armor Rental Team codes so I thought I'd post this here.

All credits go to the guy here: https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=pokemon&no=7786925 for the team, but honestly it's a very straightforward brokenmons offense team, with a rogue Luxray.

It is one of the 2 teams I used to get BSLT first seed with 90% winrate across 2 accounts. PZ has a different spread that was from Gen 7 stallbreaker set with Meta-Fini-Rotom-H-Lando-T team, so it has more bulk and less damage but honestly I don't think it's a big deal at all, P-Z isn't lacking in damage at all. You're supposed to use Counter Urshifu for Cinderace, or you can let Luxray beat it in a 1v1 Dynamax battle, or you have so many priority moves and Cinderace each take 1 of opposing Cinderace's max move, so you can do that and revenge it. Luxray is surprisingly difficult for a lot of standard offense to deal with without using Dynamax, so you should take advantage of that if possible. Don't bring it vs Hippowdon unless you're sure hes not going to bring it (and you're never sure). PZ is there for the defensive matchup. Rillaboom with CB wallbreaks, but you have to really be careful to not get stuck on the wrong move because the Pokemon that beat Rillaboom like Cinderace and Togekiss are so damn threatening. Primarina and Cinderace are very standard. The team's got some minor flaws and I'm not super happy about it. In particular, it's very helpless against well-built stall with especially ones that go along the lines of Toxapex + Chansey + anything that beats Rillaboom, like Amoonguss or Avalugg. But it's a very straightforward Offense build and a rental code is better than nothing, so here we go. If I get anything better I'll be sure to make another post about it.

Cheers.

Hey everyone, I thought I'd share my team which made it to master ball today for August season.

20200804_110115[1].jpg

Here's the team:

https://pokepast.es/cf6f9b3c95ac2801

Most times I lead off with Clefable and calm mind, with Excadrill (can switch into poison and steel) and Gyarados (the main dmax sweeper) waiting in the wings. Clefable only has to fear a few things, and often forces a switch, getting at least one calm mind for free. The kee berry helps against any strong physical attackers, while calm mind a couple of times provides a nice opportunity to go on the offensive with moonbeam or flamethrower. Excadrill can pressure defenders through horn drill, and has a nice moveset for coverage and pressuring Mimikyu. Focus sash lets you reliably get at least one hit, and Gyarados can often come in and sweep after weakening the opposing team (and via max airstream and moxie). One of the main draws to Gyarados is that she is pretty effective vs Cinderace, with only electroball being truly scary. The remaining pokes are basically there to come in handy in situations where the other three aren't very good. Porygon can be an effective crippler with Tri Attack, Dragapult is just strong and fast, and Dracozolt improves your coverage with electricity and is a solid scarfer.

Here's the rental code:

20200804_111230[1].jpg

New to Battle Spot Stadium and want to learn it? Here are the top 3 Japanese teams to get used to the metagame with their very own rental code for you to try out. It has helped me a lot when I took a 1-2 month break from BSS and I can guarantee that these teams are really good for beginners or even good/pro players to use. Enjoy!

Team #1 - Standard Team
カバルドン
ドラパルト
トゲキッス
ロトム水
エースバーン
ゴリランダー

Team #2 - Offensive Hippo and P2
カバルドン
ギャラドス
ドラパルト
エースバーン
ポリゴン2
トゲキッス

https://pokepast.es/e06860ea93583d4d
Description of the team later~

Team #3 - Urshifu and friends.
ドラパルト
ロトム炎
ウーラオス水
ブリムオン
ポリゴン2
ミミッキュ

Team #4 - Urshifu and friends (wicked blow edition)
ドラパルト
ポリゴン2
ロトム炎
トゲキッス
ウーラオス悪
ミミッキュ

Team #5 - Flail Diggersby + Weakness Policy Urshifu Rapid-Strike
ロトム水
リザードン
トゲキッス
ニンフィア
ウーラオス水
ホルード

Edit- Later on I shall add some more since I have to go, these 3 teams should suffice for newer players to get into BSS or rusty players such as myself that took long breaks from the game due to life.
More teams later on but for now enjoy c:

Updating more teams!

Last edited:
Since I'm done playing for a while, I want to share the team I got top 299 with. If I had more time, maybe I'd grind more, but oh well.

https://pokepast.es/9cb56d6d13639124

トゲキッス

Togekiss's main function is to defeat non-offensive Porygon2 + Hippowdon cores, but it does well against Togekiss + Porygon2 too. It's EV'd to survive 2 analytic Porygon2 ice beams. To beat Porygon2, use mystic fire against it to drop it to -1; nasty plot up; and flinch it to death. You have a lum berry, so you're allowed to get frozen or paralyzed once. Lum berry also means Hippowdon can't yawn you.

Max speed is for opposing Togekiss. If you and your opponent both lead Togekiss, try to nasty plot up (90% of my opponents will lead their Togekiss after seeing Amoonguss on team preview). If they go first, it might mean they're scarfed, and you have a chance to get +2 anyways. If they dynamax turn one, dynamax back on turn 2 and max guard. Afterwards, use max airstream. After their dynamax ends, the opponent cannot finish you with a neutral air slash.
0 SpA Analytic Porygon2 Ice Beam vs. 156 HP / 100 SpD Togekiss: 76-90 (42.2 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO.

Adament life orb Dracozolt serves as your main wall breaker in this team. Its main purpose is to defeat the Cinderace + Hippowdon core, but it also does well against Togekiss + Porygon2/Rotom. It basically has no switch ins; even kee berry fully defensive Hippowdon has a high chance to get 2HKO'd by Max Wyrmwind. If they have a Mimikyu/Togekiss in the back alongside Hippowdon, 90% of opponents will try to play mindgames by switching around. I just max airstream in these situations.

Amoonguss serves as your main status absorber for this team. It comes into toxic/scald/thunderwave, uses spore, and allows Dracozolt/Togekiss to come in for free. It's of 100% importance against stall teams, so always bring Amoonguss versus stall!!!

It's your most effective option against Rillaboom, effective against Whimsicott/Primarina, and walls Mimikyu (even curse variants) + most Urshifus (except adament choice band/life orb Urshifu-S). It holds a focus sash so it can use spore even after being max airstreamed, which wastes dynamax turns and allows you to pivot into your counter for free. It has foul play to screw over Dragapult.

I don't recommend you lead Amoonguss because everyone and their mothers will lead Togekiss/a Pokemon with substitute to prevent being spored turn 1. However, if it looks like their only answer to Amoonguss is a substitute Dragapult, definitely lead with it, because sub Dragapult does not win against this mon. As a side note, always lead Amoonguss in the low ladder because new players never have an answer to it.

Blissey is probably your most reliable answer to the Porygon2 + Rotom/Togekiss core. It has natural cure, so getting frozen isn't the end of the world. It also has a high chance to 2HKO physical defensive Hippowdon, and doesn't mind being yawned due to natural cure. Blissey is also your answer to slow calm mind set up (e.g. Primarina, Sylveon, etc.). It holds a chople berry, which allows it survive life orb Cinderace's HJK. In return, it deals ~50% chip damage, which is invaluable for a ditto reverse sweep. If you see that Cinderace is the only way they can beat this, remember that +1 SpA max strike OHKOs Cinderace.

Ditto is your answer to powerful dynamax sweepers that are not covered by Dracozolt + Quagsire. Also, if you're unsure which dynamax sweeper they will bring against you (e.g. they have Cinderace, Togekiss, and Gyarados), ditto is your blanket check. Note that pyroball does 77.4% damage minimum against Cinderace (assuming no Atk boosts), and bounce does 54.8 - 65.8%. +1 Bounce does 75% minimum against Gyarados. This gives you an idea of the amount of chip damage needed for ditto to sweep. Remember, you can use bounce on turn 3 of their dynamax to stall it out.

Quagsire is a surprisingly powerful win condition against Cinderace, Mimikyu, physical Dragapult, Dracozolt, non-offensive Porygon2s, and basically any physical attacker that does not have access to grass moves. It's most common counters are Rillaboom (which you have Amoonguss/Togekiss for) and Togekiss (which you have Blissey/Ditto/Dracozolt/your own Togekiss for).

You might be wondering what's up with up with the strange Quagsire set. Power-up punch allows Quagsire to boost on Porygon2 even if it has substitute. Liquidation over toxic so it can beat down substitute Dragapult/Mimikyu, but also so that Quagsire can take advantage of power-up punch. Obviously Stockpile + Recover is there to make this smiley boi unkillable. Also note that I find that this set baits and defeats most Gothitelle sets.

Kee berry means that Quagsire can swap into Cinderace one time per battle, and have a high chance to not get 2HKO'd. It also means that it has a high chance of walling a dynamax life orb Dracozolt; at most it takes 2/3 HP from max wyrmwind, and after a kee berry + stockpile, Dracozolt needs another max roll to 2HKO it.

If you see that a Togekiss or Rillaboom is the opponent's only answer to this mon, ALWAYS BURN DYNAMAX TO KILL THEM with another one of your mons. You have many mons that can OHKO them with dynamax. Blissey's +1 max hailstorm, for example, has a high chance to OHKO Togekiss. Trust me, you will win 90% of the time if their counter to this is gone.

I find that the only thing this team struggles against is Ferrothorn. The only way you win against Ferrothorn is to threaten a max flare with either Dracozolt or Togekiss, and hope they choke and swap out into a max wyrmwind /airstream. Afterwards, try to keep the lead and timer scam them with your defensive Pokemon/ditto.

If only Amoonguss could have hidden power fire...

Last edited:

Cinderace-Gmax @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Bounce
- Sucker Punch

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Cotton Guard
- Moonblast

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Thunder Wave

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 116 SpA / 28 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Tri Attack
- Discharge
- Recover

Dracozolt @ Kee Berry
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 188 Atk / 68 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Outrage
- Low Kick
- Aerial Ace

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Aerial Ace
This is from last season but it still kind of works so I'm gonna share it since I'm not really playing anymore. I peaked at #503 on cart and #15 on showdown when I was still playing with it.

EgvIKpKUcAEEsUt.jpg

6581.png

With the last season of this meta drawing to a close, I thought I'd post my team. This is my current ranking but I am sure with one day left in the meta my ranking will drop. Feel free to meme with it on the last day of the season!

The Team:

Dragapult @ Light Clay
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Curse
- Dragon Tail

This is a usually dedicated lead, unless you see Urshifu AND Pult on the enemy team, in which case you probably lead Sylveon. Sometimes you hard lead Zard instead if you bring Zard and want to be in before Rocks get set up. With Draga you set up your screens, shuffle and eliminate stat boosts with Dragon Tail, and then Curse to kill yourself and bring another mon in. A delicious mon to curse and die to is Download Porygon2 (Hence the 4 SpDef EVs), as it is usually set-up fodder for Rillaboom.

Gigantopithecus (Rillaboom) (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Grassy Surge
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 220 HP / 92 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- High Horsepower

The star of the team. The initial idea for the team was that I wanted to build a bulky Rillaboom that sweeps in the end. Initially I went with Max Attack Assault Vest, but I quickly decided I don't like Assault Vest because it doesn't deal that much damage. Then I slapped a Weakness Policy on it and taught it SD and it worked like a charm because Grass has so many weaknesses. The EVs are: Enough speed to outspeed max speed positive natured Dragapult at +1, with the rest thrown into bulk. I forget why I made it full bulk instead of investing in attack, but it is extremely bulky under screens. The idea is you set up to +2 with Swords Dance while taking a preferably weak super effective hit. One of my personal favorites is Cursed Porygon2's Ice Beam because it does zero damage while proccing policy. Then you Airstream (if it KOs) and try to sweep after that. I used D-Max Rilla instead of G-Max Rilla just because it's huge lmao. This Rilla is very bulky behind screens. especially after Dynamax. and you can tank most hits very well (however I overlooked Jolly Life Orb G-Max Fireball, which does KO 31.3% of the time if you don't max (seriously F that bunny's obscene damage), and am only realizing as I write this, meaning there is definitely a better spread. You don't always need to SD, sometimes you can just Dynamax Airstream as the enemy procs policy, and sometimes you can even switch in on a weak Freeze Dry or the like and start spamming Grassy Glide.

Pincurchin @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Thunder
- Rising Voltage
- Discharge
- Hydro Pump

Originally picked to tank Togekiss's Airstreams and fight back, and also to reset terrain for Rillaboom. It's also very nice to avoid sleep. However although Lapras is probably a better Kiss answer, I kept Pincurchin on the team despite its frailty (yes even under screens) because it outputs some monstrous hits. This is also one of the last chances I get to use Pincurchin before it gets 100% outclassed by Tapu Koko, so I wanted to meme with it before DLC comes out. Pincurchin hits like a truck without even having to Dynamax. In one game it even 1v1ed last mon physDef Ferrothorn by tanking Leech Seed into two body presses and KOing back with Rising Voltage (it was a 2hko, but Leech Seed turned it into a 3HKO). Despite having so many moves you basically only ever click Rising Voltage, or Hydro Pump if you predict them to switch to a Ground Type. I have never actually clicked discharge and was thinking of possibly adding Sucker Punch or Scald instead. Not sure if Sucker is worth on a specs mon though. Pincurchin's atrocious movepool makes it a one-trick pony, but it's worth it for the power.

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Horsepower
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
Dragapult's set is especially vulnerable to Mimikyu set up since Dragon Tail doesn't work on it, which is why I elected to include Drill on the team. It also outspeeds and OHKOs Rotom-F, which this team is otherwise moderately weak to. Brick Break is to break enemy screens and gain the screens advantage. Otherwise the set is standard, with High Horsepower instead of Earthquake so that Rilla doesn't weaken it.

Sylveon @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire
- Draining Kiss

I needed a mon that could deal with Dragapult and Urshifu-Single Strike (the Dark one). This mon is extremely bulky under screens and after a few boosts a max move from Hyper Voice does a number. Draining Kiss is surprisingly good for outsustaining enemy special attackers, and is also good against a certain critting bear...

Charizard-Gmax @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Gigantamax: Yes
EVs: 132 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blast Burn
- Hurricane
- Solar Beam
- Dragon Pulse

Fat Zard, with powerful moves to hit hard. I forget why I gave it this speed but the rest is in bulk. I formerly had Gyarados but I realized that Scizor was very annoying for my team after testing on Showdown for a bit so I replaced it with a fire type. It hits very hard but it takes up Dynamax as it is nearly useless without it thanks to my move choice. If you are facing Cinderace use Wyrmwind to avoid 2HKO into Wildfire. Gmax Wildfire is a pretty broken move. Because of its vulnerability to Stealth Rock it sometimes needs to lead, with Dragapult and a third mon in the back.

Obviously this team isn't finalized and still needs a few adjustments. By far the worst is that we are a little weak to Cinderace; formerly I had Intimidate Gyarados instead of Zard and if I were to continue playing I'd probably go back to Gyara and deal with Scizor in a different way.

Disclaimer: I didn't have enough time to breed and I wanted to play before this season was over so all the mons on the rental pass are from OaksLab LMFAO. I might update later. Somebody call Verlis!

Dragapult @ Light Clay
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Curse
- Dragon Tail

Gigantopithecus (Rillaboom) (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 220 HP / 92 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- High Horsepower

Pincurchin (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Thunder
- Rising Voltage
- Discharge
- Hydro Pump

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Horsepower
- Iron Head
- Brick Break

Sylveon @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire
- Draining Kiss

Charizard-Gmax @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Gigantamax: Yes
EVs: 124 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Blast Burn
- Hurricane
- Dragon Pulse

Last edited:
Here is a team I have been building for the Season 6 restrictions:

2020090123323300-B8FAEF4816CAC2B76D11869B05CA7601.jpg

There is a very heavy emphasis on Type synergy, with both classic FWG and SFD cores. This is far from optimal, but i have seen requests for sample teams for Season 6, so may be a good start for players that aren’t sure what to use at this early stage.

Lastly, after taking a look at the (admittedly limited) usage stats on HOME, I feel that Volcarona is currently slept on. A lot of its checks were removed for this season, and with this set, it has 3 ways to boost its primary stats (SpA and/or Spe), factoring in Dynamax. From the games i've played, my opponents seem to struggle for an answer to it, aside from the obvious like dedicated rain teams.

If anyone manages to pilot this, i would be very interested in feedback to improve!

>> pokepaste <<

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone; I promised another team for this season, and I've got one for you!

I based this team around Seismitoad, as I noticed that a lot of the common Pokémon that were still there after the 'September purge' were weak to it. In particular, this team is based around using two Dynamax sweepers (don't put both on the same team though) and four Pokémon to support those sweepers. This team mostly has traditional options, but it has some non-traditional options like Seismitoad and Magneton. I didn't test this team as much as the last team I put on here, but I still generally won every two of three battles (with a 17-8 record), which is the same win/loss ratio that I put up with the previous team I posted on here. Here's the team:

:Urshifu: :Dracozolt: :Azumarill: :Rotom-Heat: :Magneton: :Seismitoad:

Urshifu @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- U-Turn

Dracozolt @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 HP, 132 Spe, 124 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Aerial Ace

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk, 156 HP, 92 Spe, 4 Def, 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Liquidation
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Magneton @ Evolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Steel Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Bomb

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: PPB
Hi first time posting but I made good success using this team on cart BSS for series 6 hopefully you folkd would enjoy this Porygon-Z centered team!

to quote Photon from https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/3v3-singles-bss-discussion.3656336/post-8579366

" Pressure into Dynamax (Midrange) " is this type of team

pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/b83bec2b7af69b11

Rental code
rentalcodeP-z.jpg

As the pokepaste says this mainly a porygon-z centric team with the core set up usually:

:Grimmsnarl: :Toxapex: :porygon-z:
Go to set up against most cart teams
  • Grimm helps control speed (thunder wave), sets up screens for P-Z to sweep, and spirit break to hit hard against fairy weak mons and scares alot of urishifu leads to swap out and the mon switching takes a -1 in Sp. Atk
  • Toxapex go to stall to wall with bulk investments and recover to weaken mons for P-Z to clean up
    • 252 HP & Def able to wall Thunder punch urishfu well at about 33%
    • can survive a 1v1 against a psychic :primarina:
  • P-Z cleans up with Adaptability STAB base power 150 Dmax Strike, nasty plot to buff it in desicive situations to wallbreak thunderbolt and shadow ball for good coverages and chople berry to survive urshifu 1v1s

:Lycanroc-dusk:
Side in against physically heavy mons like :dracozolt: :diggersby: :rhyperior: take the hit and survive using a counter sash gimmick and clean up with accelrock.

:rhyperior:
A P-Z replacement in a very eletric heavy meta and phsycial match ups and has enough bulk to trigger weakness policy to throw enough damage back as a dmaxer or not

:dracozolt:
:Ferrothorn: and :lapras: check and precense as a strong electric type alongside with lycanroc-duck scares flying types away. Can lead with this mon to dmax rush first but not recommended as diggersby and rhyperior can easily pick this off if not careful

references of how I team bulit
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/porygon-z.3667407/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lycanroc-dusk.3667095/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/dracozolt.3662777/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/grimmsnarl.3656911/

special thanks to Psynergy Breckinridge Ika Ika Musume Breckinridge 1_TrickPhony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)