Resource Team Archive - Ske (June, 23, 2019)

Hey guys, since gen 7 is about to end in a few months and OLT is coming up soon i figured it would be a good time to update this archive and share some of my favorite teams this generation,

Team #1 "Top"

This is probably my favorite team, SD Mega Mawile + Rockium-Z Garchomp & Ash Greninja is one of my favorite Offensive cores in gen 7, This team is really good on ladder as SD Mega Mawile, Rockium-Z Garchomp, Ash Greninja & Taunt Tornadus have a good match-up vs common ladder trends such as Hyper Offense and Stall, If u want a solid team for ladder during like OLT i would recommend something like this.

Team #2 "ILoveItWhenTheyRun"

This is my second favorite team, CM Mega Latias is a really good late game win-con and paired with CM Fightinium-Z Reuniclus these two can break past most of thier standard checks as boosted Fightinium-Z breaks pokemon such as Toxic spdef Heatran, Tyranitar, and SD Mega Mawile, Banded Tyranitar is a underrated pick in today's meta-game and it fits well here as its a secondary check to threats such as Spdef Heatran without giving up too much power, Banded Pursuit is also really nice at weakening mons such as Heatran for CM Mega Latias.

Team #3 "Geekin"

This is probably my 3rd favorite team, This is a updated version of my "Book Of Eli" team, this team has much more offensive presence however, Steelium-Z Heatran is a terrifying wallbreaker that nukes pokemon such as Mega Alakazam which really helps out Mega Latios, luring apposing Mega Lati@s helps out Banded Kartana too.

Team #4 "1600/Rager Anthem"

Here's a team with Special Mega Garchomp and Spdef Banded Tapu Bulu, Toxic Protect is a really good set on this team as it helps vs Mega Lopunny Hawlucha and Mega Medicham, Flynium-Z Tornadus is a nice nuke & Knock Taunt provides a nice core with Kartana as they share some of the same checks such as Zapdoos and Celesteela, AV Magearna helps vs mons such as Specs Ash Greninja and Tapu Koko and helps get mons such as Mega Garchomp in.

Team #5 "That's A Rack"

This is my favorite rain team, Waterium-Z Crawduant is a monster in the rain, +2 Waterium-Z Pretty much ohkos anything that isn't immune to water, +2 Aqua Jet OHKO's pokemon such as Tapu Koko its insane, Taunt Tornadus is so good in rain, with perfect accuracy its a a staple to rain teams like this, Specs Tapu Koko provides the team with a flying and dark resist and Specs Thunder hits like a absolute truck, the %30 chance to Paralyse also comes in clutch alot more than you would think.

Team #6 "Blank Blank"

Here's a Dark Spam Offense team i made with Rocks Kommo-o, I think EQ Mega Gyarados is pretty good atm with all the Rotom usage, Specs Tapu Lele is really good on this team as it weakens the steel types for magearna, Z-Kommo o gives the team a secondary Ash Greninja check, The Dark Spam comes from Ash Greninja providing Spikes for Mega Gyarados and Boosted Mega Gyarados can break grass types such as Tangrowth, Ferrothorn and Tapu Bulu with hazards up.

Team #7 "Big Bank"

Here's a Balance team with one of my favorate Heatran sets, Grassium-Z, Z-Bloom Doom in terrain OHKO's mons like Mega Alakazam, Garchomp, and still nukes Tapu Fini and Rotom without it, Banded Tyranitar helps vs Heatran and traps the Lati@s twins that would otherwise wall Heatran, Toxapex provides support with Toxic Spikes for CM Mega Latias.

Team #8 "Neon"

+2 Kabutops in rain has no reliable counterplay, even Gastrodon gets blown away after Stealth Rocks, it sets up on weak pokemon such as clefable non thunderbolt latias and defensive Tornadus & becomes insanely hard to handle, +2 Rockium ussualy ohkos Mega Swampert's checks so Kabutops & Mega Swampert form a neat core, Shuca Magearna helps vs Mega Alakazam and provides the team with a amazing stall matchup.

Team #9 "New Patek"

Here's the Best/Updated version of "New Patek" that was very popular during last years OLT, this version is somewhat less weak to Tornadus and Ash Greninja as Ash Greninja was replaced with Specs Tapu Koko which hits ubsurdly hard in rain, 3 attacks Waterium-Z is a extremley powerful wallbreaker under rain but u can also go with Rest 2 Attacks Manaphy if u want.

Team #10 "Like A Farmer"

LOL, this is a cool team that me and my friend J made, Chesnuaght is cash it walls Celesteela, Ferrothorn, Tapu Bulu, Scarf Kartana, Rockium-Z Garchomp, Ash Greninja, Mega Tyranitar, and so much more, u send it in vs these mons and start stacking spikes its amazing, mons such as Tornadus doesnt want to take a leech, and it also heals celesteela and Heatran once you leech it. Firium-Z Heatran + Wish Mega Latias make sure u destroy fat, Punishment Landorus checks Reuniclus which can be anoyying if its 2 attacks.

Team #11 "Bleed It"

Heres a balance i made with Sayuze, CM T-Wave Calm Clefable is really good imo, Fightinium-Z Tornadus gets rid of Heatran which is really nice for Clefable and helps since this team is somewhat weak to Steelium-Z and Grassium-Z Heatran, the double steel core helps somewhat with psychics and 3 attacks Mega Tyranitar is a really nice set that allows it to get Stealth Rocks up vs Gliscor stalls.

Team #12 "FlatbedFreestyle"

Here's a nice Mega Mawile Volt-Turn team with Firium-Z Heatran to get rid of pokemon such as Gliscor for Mega Mawile, Aoa Mega Mawile with Focus Punch is really nice here as it gets rid of bulky steels such as Heatran for Tornadus, Fire Fang gets rid of Ferrothorn which helps Rotom-Wash alot, Toxic Heatran hits Volcarona and Mega Latias while Rotom-Wash helps get wallbreakers like Mega Mawile and Firium-Z Heatran in more easily.

Team #13 "Long Time"

Here's the only stall i really have lol, I got Zygarde reqs with this and it still should be usable, Rockium-Z Garchomp can be a little annoying as it always gets rocks up vs this but it literally gets Stealth Rocks vs every stall which is one of the reasons why i dont like stall as much anymore, this one should still be solid tho as it covers most meta stuff like Mega Mawile, ect, pretty standard stall but Rest Mega Aggron is pretty cool as it allows you to recover outside of wish with the combination of Heal Bell from Chansey.

Team #14 "
Pull Up"

Here's a more offensive Bulky Offense team with CM SG Fairium Magearna, one of if not the best set up sweeper in the tier, SG Magearna + Grassy Terrain is really nice as it give its passive recovery and weakens earthquake from mons such as Landorus and Garchomp. Tapu Bulu + Banded Kartana form a nice Grass Spam core and Mega Latios helps vs mons such as Toxapex and Heatran.

Team #15 "Racer"
Another one of my favorite teams, CM Bolt-Beam Mega Latias is a extremely threatning late-game set up sweeper and becomes so hard to beat when its paired with Spikes, Banded Tyranitar can trap more defensive variants of Heatran and weaken it for Mega Latias, The really cool part about this team is that the Banded Tyranitar's is ev'd to outspeed Mega Alakazam once its T-waved by Clefable, traping a big threat like that is huge given how weak balance teams like this tend to be vs it, CM Clefable is a cool set here as some of the threats to it such as Mega Mawile, Celesteela, Scizor & SD Mega Mawile can be trapped by Band Tyranitar or Magnezone.

Team #16 "Yosemite"

Here's a Bulky Offense i made with a pretty cool Tornadus set, 3 attacks Taunt is a pretty cool Tornadus set as it becomes a horrifying mon to switch into, Fightinium-Z destroys some steel types that would switch into it such as Heatran and Magnezone which help Mega Mawile alot, Tapu Fini + SD Mega Mawile is nice as it prevents Mawile from getting burned from mons such as Toxapex, Mew, and Rotom.

Team #17 "ILoveYourAunt"

Here's a updated & edited version of my "ILoveYourAunt" RMT, i replaced to the defensive core and made the main core of the team around the Rotom + Mega Heracross core, Ash Greninja is a fantastic partner with Mega Heracross as they beat each other checks, Steelium-Z Heatran is a pretty nice set on this team, nuking the likes of Tapu Fini which really helps Ash Greninja and AV Magearna and Scarf Landorus help the Volt-Turn core, Guts is the prefered ability on Mega Heracross to take advantage of burns from pokemon such as Toxapex.

Team #18 "Kickin In Doors"

Here's a team i made during like OUPL, CM Mega Latias + Firium-Z Heatran + Banded Kartana is pretty nice vs most of the meta, this team is fairly standard but the Volt-Turn core with Firium-Z Heatran & Banded Kartana can break most balance and Bulky Offense teams, Rotom-Wash's pivoting allows CM Mega Latias more chances to set up vs Fire Water Grass type teams, Banded Kartana hits bulky steels such as Heatran or Celesteela trying to pivot into it which can help CM Mega Latias sweep.

Team #19 "Shoota"

Super standard team, But this team has a set that i have been wanting to try for a long time, SD Grassium-Z Kartana with Tailwind, Grassium-Z in terrain blows away stuff like Tornadus and the combination of SD & Tailwind allow Kartana have a better match-up vs diffrent play-styles such as Balance or Offense, Banded Tyranitar weakens stuff like Tornadus for Kartana and Heatran for CM Mega Latias.

Team #20 "Too Much Sauce"

Another pretty standard team, I needed to post a Mega Alakazam team tho, Ice Punch Tyranitar is a nice lure to Garchomp and Landorus and it also hit Gliscor which is pretty big, CM Mega Alakazam is a pretty nice win-con and Alakazam forms a nice core with Flyinium-Z Tornadus as Tornadus knocks stuff off like Celesteela and Magearna, Bulu Tran is the standard defensive core on this team and Banded Tyranitar + Tornadus forms a nice Offensive core as Tyranitar can trap and weaken stuff like Zapdos and Heatran for Tornadus.

Team #21 "Never Bend"

Here's a DD Mega Charizard-X team i made, Chople Tyranitar is a cool set here as it provides Stealth Rock and helps check Mega Alakazam which could be very problematic otherwise, Fightinium-Z Tornadus is really nice here as it OHKO's mons like Heatran for Charizard-X, Rotom + Charizard form a pretty nice core and Outrage Charizard-X hits mons like Quagsire and Slowbro.

Team #22 "Astrothunder"

Here's a Chansey Offense with a Specs Magnezone to trap mons such as Mega Mawile which could be problematic for teams like this, Specs Magnezone also traps Celesteela for SD Normalium-Z Kartana, Tapu Bulu provides the team with Grassy Terrain support, This really helps Kartana become much more potent at breaking, Mega Latios is a mon that helps check Heatran, Tapu Bulu, and Kartana which also benefits from Magnezone.

Team #23 "Top"

One of my favorate teams, Sand is my favorate weather so i had to post this one, +2 Normalium-Z nukes the likes of scarf Landorus, Zapdos, and even weakened Celesteela while also hitting Rotom-Wash which is big, Protect Heatran helps the Medicham and Mega Lopunny matchup, Tornadus is a really nice mon on this team as it knocks off and weakens pokemon such as Celesteela and Rotom for Excadrill.

Team #24 "Harden"

Here's a really fun Banded Crawduant rain team, Banded Crawduant pretty much 2hkos everything with rain boosted Crabhammer besides like defensive Tangrowth, This team is similar to the Waterium-Z Crawduant version but the biggest change is that this is semi TR. Electrium-Z TR Magearana is a cool tech that allows Magearna hit Toxapex while also letting Banded Crawduant clean up vs offense.

Team #25 "Talk Shit"

Here's a Hazard Stack HO team with Double Hazards Lead, Bisharp is a underrated mon imo, Dread Plate and Darkinium-Z can both be dangerous vs more common builds, Thunderous is a very nice pick on HO as it checks mons such as Scizor, Kartana and Toxapex, Fairium-Z Magearna or SG Magearna is a staple on Hyper Offense teams and greatly appreicates the spike support from Greninja.

Team #26,27,28, "1Punch"
/
/

This is in my opinion one of the best framework for screens HO right now, Sub Belly Drum Kommo-O is really cool on screens as it allows it to set up so much easier, NP Thunderous checks Pokemon such as Scizor, Kartana, Toxapex, and even Hawlucha under screens, SG Fairium-Z Electrium-Z Fightinium-Z or Steelium-Z are all staples of Hyper Offense and one of the main reasons to use HO, Hawlucha can also be used over Kommo-o if you run Excadrill over Landorus and Mega Gyarados as the Mega of choice.

Last edited:
Hey Ske, I want to ask what specific benchmarks this Heatran set hits? It's on the Sub Mega Heracross team
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 160 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Hey Ske, I want to ask what specific benchmarks this Heatran set hits? It's on the Sub Mega Heracross team
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 160 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Taunt
Wassup! XxAwesomePlayzxX the HP & Defense live a Earthquake from Landorus in Grassy Terrain & the speed is to creep Mega Mawile, The rest is placed in Spdef to help check Pokemon such as Tapu Lele,

If anyone else needs any questions answered feel free to ask,

Hey Ske it's me again lol, #9's sprites has Bulu but you have Tangrowth in the PokePaste. Does the team have Bulu or Tang?

Hey Ske, I have questions about the EV spreads that you use.

Team #1:

- What’s the 20 SpDef on Heatran for?

- What’s the TTar EV spread for?

Team #2:

- What’s the Fightinium Z Tornadus’s spread for?

Team #3 Ver. 2:

- What’s the CB Zygarde’s EV spread for?

Team #5:

- What’s Heracross’s EV spread for?

Team #6:

- What’s SpAtk on Koko for?

Team #7:

- What’s the Celesteela EV spread for?

Team #8:

- What’s the Pex EV spread for?

- Is there a particular reason why you cut HP instead of Defense on Magearna?

Team #10:

- What’s the Koko’s EV spread for?

- What’s 76 Def on Bulu for?

ILoveYourAunt (might as well ask here):

- Is the 4 SpDef EVs on Zygarde supposed to help live a Corkscrew Crash from Modest Heatran after one layer of Spikes damage?

Sorry for asking so much, I’m just curious about some of your EV spreads.

Reactions: Ske
Hey Ske, I have questions about the EV spreads that you use.

Team #1:

- What’s the 20 SpDef on Heatran for? / Helps vs Toxapex,

- What’s the TTar EV spread for? / Some1 gave it to me but iirc its for Buginium-Z Volcarona & the speed is for slower Mawile sets iirc

Team #2:

- What’s the Fightinium Z Tornadus’s spread for? / the Defense is for Mega Pinsir's Quick Attack after rocks while the SpA lets u OHKO offensive Heatran

Team #3 Ver. 2:

- What’s the CB Zygarde’s EV spread for? / its for +2 HJK from Hawlucha after Stealth Rock so u can Glare it

Team #5:

- What’s Heracross’s EV spread for? / Lets u sub up vs Kartana's Leaf Blade

Team #6:

- What’s SpAtk on Koko for? / its so u 2hko Gliscor

Team #7:

- What’s the Celesteela EV spread for? i am not sure lmao @Talah should know thats where i got it from

Team #8:

- What’s the Pex EV spread for? same as #7

- Is there a particular reason why you cut HP instead of Defense on Magearna? / so u have better rolls vs like Lando's EQ

Team #10:

- What’s the Koko’s EV spread for? im not sure but I know its for Gyra

- What’s 76 Def on Bulu for? Tapu Lele's Psyshock & Mega Swampert

ILoveYourAunt (might as well ask here):

- Is the 4 SpDef EVs on Zygarde supposed to help live a Corkscrew Crash from Modest Heatran after one layer of Spikes damage? Yeup :D

Sorry for asking so much, I’m just curious about some of your EV spreads.
No problem, I hope this helped, :heart:

Team Dump.gif

Hey Ske it’s me again. I really appreciate you answering my questions from before and I hate to ask more of you but I want to ask you one more thing. I assume that 16 Speed Evs on Bulu is for creeping other Bulu but I just want to check with you to be sure.

Tips on playing with the first team of the list? I've been playing with it quite a bit but can't seem to get the right groove with it. Especially the early game gives me a lot of struggle. Just looking for tips because I absolutely LOVE every mon on that team and the squad itself, but want to better pilot it.

Eldeon it depends on your matchups. Since its a bulky offese team. You'd typically want to lean on your pivots, specifically the ones that will provide the most utility in that match. Go to tangrowth, ttar, and tran early and try to wittle down your ops team. Until you get an opportunity to punish an obvious switch with mawile or ninja.

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
Hey Ske! What's the purpose of 44 Spe evs on CM+Split Gear?

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
What's the set on koko for team 11 for
Pretty much your standard Defog Tapu Koko as far as I can tell. It does not need more than 216 speed really, so the rest is invested into bulk/SAtk depending upon what the team needs. Defog on Koko is useful because it beats problematic hazard setters like Toxapex with Toxic Spikes, which otherwise proves to be troublesome for the team. In addition, this Koko can counter Tornadus-T, which is nice, too.

queso

too cheesy
is a Tiering Contributor
Pretty much your standard Defog Tapu Koko as far as I can tell. It does not need more than 216 speed really, so the rest is invested into bulk/SAtk depending upon what the team needs. Defog on Koko is useful because it beats problematic hazard setters like Toxapex with Toxic Spikes, which otherwise proves to be troublesome for the team. In addition, this Koko can counter Tornadus-T, which is nice, too.
ye my bad meant spread, i'm assuming the hp and def hit some benchmark but idk for what

Fought Unaware Cosmic Power Clef with the Webs HO Team, that is a rare threat I feel but left me with nearly no options :c
Love the teams and your efforts, its very appreciated :]

For your 3rd team, how do you deal with Rotom Wash? I know you have Bulu, but Im too scared of a Will-o-Wisp

Also, why Thundurus on your Hyper Offense team? Isn’t he kind of bad?

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
For your 3rd team, how do you deal with Rotom Wash? I know you have Bulu, but Im too scared of a Will-o-Wisp

Also, why Thundurus on your Hyper Offense team? Isn’t he kind of bad?
You have to remember the context of when these teams were made (Zygarde meta). Some of these teams likely are a little out of date for that reason. Not to say they cant work or some of them are automatically bad, but the threats back then differ from now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)