Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 80 HP / 212 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Fire

This fairy is hard to escape! Tapu Lele packs a punch with its high Special Attack and STAB Psyshock and Moonblast. Foes such as Ash-Greninja, Kyurem, and Volcarona tremble in fear, unable to break through its high defenses and great defensive typing, fearing a fatal Moonblast or Psyshock. Psychic Surge further adds to this, blocking Mega Medicham, Mega Lopunny, Ash-Greninja, and Mega Mawile's threatening priority moves, and crucially disabling Mega Scizor's Bullet Punch. Many Pokemon resist Tapu Lele's STAB moves, such as Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn, but fret not, as with the overwhelming damage of Hidden Power Fire, Tapu Lele has no trouble breaking through these Steel-types. It is capable of breaking through Heatran, Mega Tyranitar, and Melmetal with Focus Blast on its own, but Tapu Lele still appreciates pressure from teammates such as Garchomp, Heatran, and Mega Medicham. The following spread allows it to outspeed Timid Heatran while avoiding a 3HKO from Chansey's Seismic Toss.

Last edited by a moderator:

sanguine

friendly fire
is a Tiering Contributor
add some exclamation points for flavor and spice! i would reword "great resistances" to "great defensive typing" as 2/3 of your examples hit it neutrally. throw in a mention of mega scizor, as psychic terrain helps to fuck with it massively in conjunction with hp fire. mention focus blast targets like heatran melmetal etc. i personally would say something about the offensive teams that appreciate the time lele can buy for positioning threats of your own by being able to take strong hits in the short term.

1/1 adem feel free to veto any of this, i'm sort of washed.

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
adding onto what sanguine said

Opponents such as Greninja-Ash, Mega Lopunny and Mega Medicham tremble in fear against this menace, unable to break through it's high defences and great resistances.
don't quote me on this its been a minute since ive done anything cc related but p sure its Ash-Greninja. Also i wouldnt really list Mlop or mmedi really as things lele wants to switch into since i dont think anyone is switching in a lele to either only to die to return/zen. listing other stuff that it can take on decently like volc/kyurem/opposing lele would be good. its a nice middle ground for koko sometimes too but nothing consistent since pivoting is still pain for it. and some volc calcs are still shaky iirc like +1 z buzz so thats smth to take note for examples. But yea basically in terms of things lele switches into try to capitalize on things that its assault vest helps it with, i dont think anything on the physical side it switches into really. I'd also mention in the side if you have enough room that it can act like a nice surprise factor against these special attackers if played right to where your set is never given away since it can really catch stuff like kyurem/gren offguard when they're going for the kill.

Psychic Surge further adds onto this, blocking Medicham, Lopunny and Mawile's threatening priority moves, further utilizing it's arsenal.
specify that all of these are megas, and add gren since surge always manages to mess up its positioning to grab a shuriken kill and activate battle bond.

There is a heavy presence of resistances to Tapu Lele from the likes of Ferrothorn and Corviknight, but fret not as with the power of Hidden Power Fire, Tapu Lele has no trouble breaking through these steel type defences.
it does peanuts to any corv, i'd remove corv and enter the part of msciz here, remaking this sentence to be focused on msciz a lot in that lele can block its bp and retaliate with hp fire. Add the Focus Blast part here too as sanguine said , with it managing to damage Heatran, Mega Tyranitar, and potentially Magnezones trying to switch into it.

Whilst it's capable of breaking through them on it's own, Tapu Lele appreciates partners who can pressure Steel-Types such as Garchomp, Heatran and Mega Lopunny.
I wouldnt phrase the start to seem like it has absolutely no problem going thru them since it still has difficulties. Also think mmedi would be a better fighting type to include over mlop since it still has a hard time getting thru certain steels like corv/msciz.

I'd also lay out what its ev spread does exactly since its so complex people are bound to wonder what it does.
as a general rule try and think about how the interactions would play out more. For example a mmedi might seem like a decent switchin it at a glance with lele resisting its stabs but after doing the calc you'll see its unfavorable in most instances.

lmk when you implement mine and sanguine's checks and i'll eye it over again

Last edited:

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Implemented. Waiting on 1/1, despite Sanguine giving it, just for Kaede to eye it over

e: Faded went over it again, got the 1/1

Last edited:

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Tapu Lele @ Assault Vest
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 80 HP / 212 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

If you have been in the presence of this fairy, you have barely escaped.This fairy is hard to escape! Tapu Lele packs a punch with it's high Special Attack and STAB Psyshock and Moonblast. OpponentFoes such as Ash-Greninja, Kyurem, and Volcarona tremble in fear, unable to break through it's high defencs high defenses and great defensive typing, fearing a fatal Moonblast andor Psyshock. Psychic Surge further adds onto this, blocking Mega Medicham, Mega Lopunny, Ash-Greninja, and Mega Mawile's threatening priority moves, and crucially disabling Mega Scizor's Bullet Punch. There is a heavy presence of resistances to Tapu Lele from the likes of the prior mentioned Mega Scizor as well asMany Pokemon resist Tapu Lele's STAB moves, such as Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn, but fret not, as with the overwhelming damage of Hidden Power Fire, Tapu Lele has no trouble breaking through these steel type defencSteel-types. It is capable of breaking through Heatran, Mega Tyranitar, and Melmetal with Fovus Blast on it'cus Blast on its own, but Tapu Lele still appreciates pressure from teammates such as Garchomp, Heatran, and Mega Medicham. The following spread allows it to, with it's investment, outspeed Timid Heatran whilst defeating Chansey more effectively by avoiding a 3HKO from Chansey's Seismic Toss.

1/1, I changed the opening sentence because, to be honest, I could not make sense of it. Feel free to change it to something else and pm me about it if you want to.
GP Team done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)