scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
:sv/sylveon:
1670718809028.png
:sv/sylveon:
Type: Fairy
Stats: 95 HP / 65 Atk / 65 Def / 110 SpA / 130 SpD / 60 Spe
Abilities: Cute Charm / Pixilate (HA)
Notable Moves: Wish, Quick Attack, Hyper Voice, Hyper Beam, Psychic, Psyshock, Protect, Tera Blast, Yawn, Calm Mind

Pros:
  • It's got high SpA and a relatively spammable & strong STAB move in Hyper Voice, allowing it to tear apart some sturdy walls like Altaria or Slowking, while also hitting through some frailer resists like Magnezone.
  • Sylveon has high SpD and very good typing, plus unlike Florges, it's also got decent HP as well, allowing it to tank hits from stuff like Iron Juguilis or non-Tera Steel Hydreigon.
  • It can also use a Calm Mind set to act as a late-game wincon with pseudo-recovery in Wish while having a strong STAB as I've already stated.
Cons:
  • Sylveon's got a relatively poor PhysDef stat, leaving it prone to physical attackers such as Iron Thorns and Gyarados.
  • Its base Speed is also terrible, which is especially harmful to offensive-oriented sets, as despite it can outspeed some defensive walls like Dragalge and Hippowdon and can invest enough Speed to outspeed faster stuff like Altaria and Florges, it's still easily revenge killed by mons like Haxorus or Barraskewda.
  • It also faces direct competition from Florges and Scream Tail, as even though Sylveon does have some tools in Hyper Voice, and a better HP stat allowing it to pass bigger wishes, Florges has more reliable recovery, and Scream Tail's got more versatility, leaving it almost completely outclassed in this area.

Terastalization Potential:
  • In full-offensive sets, you'll heavily appreciate the Fairy terastal, which helps it hit even harder with Hyper Voice.
  • You can also use the Fire terastal to break through Bronzong and Tinkaton, but you'll miss the boost received from Tera Hyper Voice, plus you already can wear them down long-term with Hyper Voice + hazards.
=========
:sylveon:Sets::sylveon:
=========

Choice Specs:
Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
Tera Type: Fairy / Fire / Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Shadow Ball / Psychic
- Quick Attack / Psychic / Hyper Beam / Tera Blast

Nothing fancy here, Hyper Voice is the STAB move, Psyshock is mainly to hit through Grafafai and Revavroom, although you can use Psychic if you want to ensure the 2HKO on Revavroom (or both), Shadow Ball is a nice coverage move to hit through Bronzong and Shedinja (ig), Quick Attack is just a solid filler that allows it to revenge kill offensive mons such as Haxorus or Gallade if they're at low health, although you can also use Hyper Beam if you want to get some crazy damage on walls and Tera Blast is there if you wanna use Tera Fire / Ground (don't use it if you're using Tera Fairy though!).

Wish:
Sylveon @ Leftovers / Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Fairy / Ground / Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind / Tera Blast / Yawn

Hyper Voice is the STAB move ran to not be completely passive and to be capable of checking what it wants to, Wish is the recovery method this mon's using to keep itself and the rest of the teammates healthy, Protect makes Wish more reliable as a recovery move while it also helps Sylveon to scout moves from choice-locked pokemon, like Specs Noivern or Iron Jugulis, Calm Mind allows it to set up on passive walls like Altaria, Rotom-Wash or Slowking, but Yawn's also cool if you want to force out setup sweepers like non-Substitute Espathra, Polteageist or Gengar if you're greedy enough to stay in front of it, while also scaring out Poison- and Steel-types. Tera Blast is here if you wanna use Fire or Ground tera.

Substitute + Calm Mind:
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Tera Blast

SubCM also allows it to prey on passive defensive mons while it's also capable of tearing apart walls a la Specs with Fire-Fairy coverage, as nothing on this meta can resist the combo at all. If Sylveon's behind a Substitute, it can freely set-up without fearing status or being revenge killed by some random move, allowing it to be a way more reliable wincon, although this set's better done by Florges, who's got actual recovery.

I would suggest a minor change to the Choice Specs set for use in series 1 of S/V Ranked Battles.

EVs: 188 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpA, 4 SpD, 60 Spe
Modest Nature
-Hyper Voice
-Psyshock
-Hyper Beam / Shadow Ball
-Tera Blast

This EV spread is designed more for use against common opponents in Ranked matches. 60 EVs in Speed allow Sylveon to put speed an uninvested Corviknight, while the HP and Defense spread allows Sylveon to survive a Bullet Punch from Adamant Technician Scizor without Terastallizing.

Hyper Voice is the main go-to attack, dealing heavy damage even to Fairy-resistant targets. Psyshock helps damage Special Walls like Clodsire. Shadow Ball has a niche use in dealing SE damage to Gholdengo, but Hyper Beam is normally preferred to turn Sylveon into a mini-nuke, capable of one-shotting most builds of Dondozo.

Fire-Tera Type with Tera Blast gives Sylveon an answer against many of the Steel types found on Ranked, such as Corviknight, Scizor and Tinkaton, while also resisting predicted counters such as Flash Cannon Hydreigon.

I would suggest a minor change to the Choice Specs set for use in series 1 of S/V Ranked Battles.

EVs: 188 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpA, 4 SpD, 60 Spe
Modest Nature
-Hyper Voice
-Psyshock
-Hyper Beam / Shadow Ball
-Tera Blast

This EV spread is designed more for use against common opponents in Ranked matches. 60 EVs in Speed allow Sylveon to put speed an uninvested Corviknight, while the HP and Defense spread allows Sylveon to survive a Bullet Punch from Adamant Technician Scizor without Terastallizing.

Hyper Voice is the main go-to attack, dealing heavy damage even to Fairy-resistant targets. Psyshock helps damage Special Walls like Clodsire. Shadow Ball has a niche use in dealing SE damage to Gholdengo, but Hyper Beam is normally preferred to turn Sylveon into a mini-nuke, capable of one-shotting most builds of Dondozo.

Fire-Tera Type with Tera Blast gives Sylveon an answer against many of the Steel types found on Ranked, such as Corviknight, Scizor and Tinkaton, while also resisting predicted counters such as Flash Cannon Hydreigon.
Isn't this thread supposed to be for sylveon in UU?

Sylveon has a lot of trouble distinguishing itself from Florges and Tinkaton. It does have a few things over like slightly greater physical bulk and the ability to hit through Substitutes with Hyper Voice. Loss of Mystical Fire does make it harder to it compete offensively due to lack of coverage. It sadly is a pretty disappointing pokemon.

scorbunnys

Sylveon has a lot of trouble distinguishing itself from Florges and Tinkaton. It does have a few things over like slightly greater physical bulk and the ability to hit through Substitutes with Hyper Voice. Loss of Mystical Fire does make it harder to it compete offensively due to lack of coverage. It sadly is a pretty disappointing pokemon.
this, that's why I had trouble doing this, although Florge's already quite disappointing so Sylveon's biggest competition right now is Scream Tail and ofc Tinkaton, which I mean, it does have some role compression stuff in non-passive Wishpasser that can bypass subs that kinda allows it to not be ''trash'', that being said tho it's quite fringe and I did it because I thought it'd be a good mon at first.
Specs is kinda cool tbh but Gardevoir's better either way.

this, that's why I had trouble doing this, although Florge's already quite disappointing so Sylveon's biggest competition right now is Scream Tail and ofc Tinkaton, which I mean, it does have some role compression stuff in non-passive Wishpasser that can bypass subs that kinda allows it to not be ''trash'', that being said tho it's quite fringe and I did it because I thought it'd be a good mon at first.
Specs is kinda cool tbh but Gardevoir's better either way.
Sylveon is way stronger than Scream Tail tho, but Tinkaton has a lot more utility with that amazing typing and of similar power due to Gigaton Hammer. Yeah unfortunately it's mostly outclassed

scorbunnys

Sylveon is way stronger than Scream Tail tho, but Tinkaton has a lot more utility with that amazing typing and of similar power due to Gigaton Hammer. Yeah unfortunately it's mostly outclassed
yeah, like I've said Sylveon niche kinda lies on the role compression it offers, that's why it's still ranked on the preliminary rank, but you're right to be fair, might update the thread at some point if deemed necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)