Resource SWSH RU Short Questions and Short Answers

Are there any suspects in the foreseeable future?
Not likely. As Aquarius Ghost already said, Togekiss might at least have a couple of people who want it to be suspected, but I doubt it will actually be tested given that we have lots of solid checks to it and it's overall healthy for the meta. My best guess is that we won't have any suspect tests for a while unless RU council decides to retest some stuff in RUBL. Next tier shifts might have some things being suspected, but it all depends on what drops to RU and what rises out of RU, as this tends to shake up metagames a decent amount.

Judging from the survey, it seems that HO is a strong playstyle at the moment. What changed for HO to emerge as an issue?
I think the recent rise of Slurpuff and the overall lack of mons that can beat both that and Cloyster in a single game behind screens has shown how powerful Screens are. Theres also a lot of creative options (i personally like WP Metagross and Flame Charge WP Incineroar) that just makes the playstyle fun to bring.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Judging from the survey, it seems that HO is a strong playstyle at the moment. What changed for HO to emerge as an issue?
adding onto what xoPure said, the most common style of teams being heavily volturn focused and just keeping momentum while chipping away at the opponents team means that screens with sweepers is extremely potent as the volturn teams often don't have enough breaking power to be able to deal with the multitude of sweepers we have access to. increase of misty terrain weezing-g is also a leading reason.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
I think the recent rise of Slurpuff and the overall lack of mons that can beat both that and Cloyster in a single game behind screens has shown how powerful Screens are. Theres also a lot of creative options (i personally like WP Metagross and Flame Charge WP Incineroar) that just makes the playstyle fun to bring.
Do you happen to have an example of a Slurpuff+Cloyster HO?

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello there
I have 2 questions so as to have a a better understanding in RU :
How can the tier be understood by someone new to Pokémon strategy and what is the most interesting play style outside of hyper offence?

wunder
Hey there! Welcome to RU and I have the answers to your questions (hopefully lol):

The best place to start for any tier is the Viability Rankings right here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ss-ru-viability-rankings-crown-tundra.3676023/

They tell you what's good and what isn't based on their ranking.

Another thing to check out that goes hand-in-hand with the VR is their SmogDex entries which lists sets favored by each mon and what they do, what teammates work best with the mon, etc. That's here:

https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/pokemon/

As far as the most interesting play style, in my personal opinion, I'd go with either bulky offense or balance. They both seem to be the best ones right now since Light Clay got banned in UU and hyper offense with screens lost some credibility.

Hope this helps! :blobthumbsup:

Hey there! Welcome to RU and I have the answers to your questions (hopefully lol):

The best place to start for any tier is the Viability Rankings right here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ss-ru-viability-rankings-crown-tundra.3676023/

They tell you what's good and what isn't based on their ranking.

Another thing to check out that goes hand-in-hand with the VR is their SmogDex entries which lists sets favored by each mon and what they do, what teammates work best with the mon, etc. That's here:

https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/pokemon/

As far as the most interesting play style, in my personal opinion, I'd go with either bulky offense or balance. They both seem to be the best ones right now since Light Clay got banned in UU and hyper offense with screens lost some credibility.

Hope this helps! :blobthumbsup:
thanks a lot for this information :heart:

MrSoup

my gf broke up with me again
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Is there an RU ladder tour this year? I think I remember seeing something but I'm not sure.

GoldCat

BOSSARU CUP WINNER
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a defending SCL Champion
What niche does Entei hold over Darmanitan? Because not long ago it was pretty outclassed by the latter, but I was reading that it has it uses.
Entei is way better on sun teams, as E-Speed and outspeeding Mimikyu are huge. Even on non-sun teams, Entei has gotten better with hazard removal being easier than ever with Crobat's and Flygon's viability soaring.

Entei is way better on sun teams, as E-Speed and outspeeding Mimikyu are huge. Even on non-sun teams, Entei has gotten better with hazard removal being easier than ever with Crobat's and Flygon's viability soaring.
I agree with Entei's viability, but you're underselling Darmanitan by only focusing on its HDB set.

What makes Entei a way better choice on sun teams than Scarf Darmanitan outside of being able to break Incineroar? Their Flare Blitzes have almost the same exact amount of power, but Darmanitan can also scout for a teammate and is harder to revenge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)