Resource SWSH RU Short Questions and Short Answers

What the heck is going on with all the Hitmontop usage in RU? Why is everyone running it
To put it simply, they're trolling. Hitmontop is entirely unviable in RU and the sole reason it's being used is to mess with the tiering system. It happened in NU as well.

This especially sucks because now Hitmontop can't be used in PU, where it was a solid defensive Pokémon before it rose.

hey, the smogon analysis for celebi is outdated, but I want to know what the most common sets are
Nasty Plot is most common it can go either for a set of three attacks which forgoes Recover and is difficult to wall, or run 2 attacks and Recover for the longevity

Celebi @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Leftovers (3 attacks sets tend to prefer Leftovers)
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Earth Power / Aura Sphere / Leaf Storm
- Recover / Leaf Storm

It can also run Pollen Puff to properly check Reuniclus and destroy opposing Celebi, but, it's a worse coverage move generally

Last edited:
To put it simply, they're trolling. Hitmontop is entirely unviable in RU and the sole reason it's being used is to mess with the tiering system. It happened in NU as well.

This especially sucks because now Hitmontop can't be used in PU, where it was a solid defensive Pokémon before it rose.
How close are they to getting it into RU though?

Hello! I noticed Cloyster's first recommended set for RU has its held item as King's Rock, but isn't King's Rock banned for RU?
Don't trust the showdown calculator for sets. The most up-to-date RU sets are here (though I don't think there's been much updating since Coba/Darm/Volc rose and 'Goon got banned, activity in the tier feels kinda dead outside the tournament scene).

Don't trust the showdown calculator for sets. The most up-to-date RU sets are here (though I don't think there's been much updating since Coba/Darm/Volc rose and 'Goon got banned, activity in the tier feels kinda dead outside the tournament scene).
Thanks very much for the help! I was using the Smogon Strategy Dex for a lot of my lookup while thinking about what to use. That link is exactly the sort of resource I could use.

There's also Steel-types like Metagross and Registeel that can trade with it. Golisopod can revenge kill it if it's weak enough. Other bulky Pokemon like Umbreon and Galarian Weezing can trade with non-Life Orb Cloyster

Milotic is one of the better mons that can stand up against it. Especially if it has Haze.
There's also Steel-types like Metagross and Registeel that can trade with it. Golisopod can revenge kill it if it's weak enough. Other bulky Pokemon like Umbreon and Galarian Weezing can trade with non-Life Orb Cloyster
Thank you both! Is there anything else, or is this about it?

Ampha

"They don’t call me Greed for nothing!"
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
What's the reasonsing for Drednaw being ranked in the C Ranks on the VR? What set does Drednaw use?
In a short way, access to Megahorn gets it a niche over kabu bc its able to scare celebi/tsareena/etc and has a bit more bulk, set it uses is Megahorn/Stone Edge/Liquidation and SD as a sweeper on rain teams

Why is Raichu unviable and outclassed by Raikou and Heliolisk? Which specific threats are more threatening to Raichu than they are to the other fast electrics?
It's outclassed. As a setup sweeper(Nasty Plot Raichu) Raikou is bulkier helping it set up and check Togekiss, and it gets even bulkier due to Calm Mind making it difficult to revenge kill with special attackers like Noivern or Scarf Gardevoir and it helps plow through something like Roserade. Heliolisk has better defensive utility due to Dry Skin and a Ghost immunity. It can switch directly into Scald and it could in a pinch switch into a Ghost attack. It also has U-turn as a pivot move option which Raichu just doesn't have. There's unique things it could do, sure. But will those things outweigh using something else?

Which threats are more threatening to Alolan Raichu than they are to other fast psychics, like Starmie and Sigilyph? I forgot Alolan Raichu is also psychic type.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)