Resource SwSh PU Teambuilding Lab - Request teams here! (OPEN)

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
something more viable prolly. stall?
:pyukumuku::aromatisse::palossand::guzzlord::articuno::weezing: (click sprites for pokepaste)

Hey! I made a stall for you. Pyukumuku is key in stopping Omastar, which is a big threat at the moment. It is the only unaware mon we have that can put a stop to it. It's also a great NP Toxicroak stop (the spread is for taking LO Focus Blast), being able to block and spite it. Aromatisse is next, I wanted a wish passer that could block Taunt, it can also dish out some surprisingly decent damage with its SpA stat + Moonblast. It's one of two clerics on the build, so you want to keep it healthy enough to do its job. Palossand is a Volt immune, physical meta check, and Stealth Rock setter. It pairs well with Aromatisse, as it baits in Special waters, grasses, and dark types. You can also use it to spin block for your tspikes (Hitmontop is quite common on the ladder so you'll run into those pretty often.) Guzzlord is next, Dragon Tail is key to keeping the team safe from set up that can potentially break past Pyukumuku. It's a solid Omastar check, only ever dying 25% of the time from full if it's at +3 with Meteor Beam or Ice Beam. Realistically though, you should be harding into Pyukumuku on Oma always, but this is nice back up. Bulky Knock Off really helps the build because it's paired with T-Spikes. Artciuno is a solid bulky defogger, something the build appreciates a lot (especially when there is no grounded poison.) Similarly to Guzzlord, it pairs well with Palossand, letting in things that it can force out to Defog. Pressure stalling was something I did a lot when testing the team out, so abuse Pressure well when needed. Lastly, Weezing allows you to spread wisp, which can aid every other team member. T-Spikes can also just win you games, often only needing small conditions to be met. It appreciates Wish support a lot from Aromatisse as well.

I originally had this Xatu set over Palossand and the build worked well, Palo just provides some things that can help like being a volt immune. Feel free to use it over Palo though if you find you want a more defined win con.
Another thing you could do to the build is make Aromatisse Calm Mind, or make it an Alcremie with CM Iron Acid Armor.
You can also try the Audino version linked below, it works great on stall as well!
Just wanted to give you some options in case you wanted to make changes after using it

I would like to also ask for a stall team petition, only if possible I would like Audino to form a part of it, since it gave me my first tournament dub ever. I had already built teams with it on PU but that was a couple of months ago and the meta has shifted a lot since then.
:pyukumuku::audino::palossand::guzzlord::articuno::weezing: (click sprites for pokepaste)

Hey! The team followed the same formula as explained above. Audino works well with T-spikes on stall because removing HDB is key to opening up win paths. The more Knock Off, the better

I hope you two enjoy the teams, stall can be a bit tough in the meta game but I had great success with this, and s/o to my friends in the teambuilding lab for helping :blobuwu:

Last edited:
:pyukumuku::audino::palossand::guzzlord::articuno::weezing: (click sprites for pokepaste)

Hey! The team followed the same formula as explained above. Audino works well with T-spikes on stall because removing HDB is key to opening up win paths. The more Knock Off, the better

I hope you two enjoy the teams, stall can be a bit tough in the meta game but I had great success with this, and s/o to my friends in the teambuilding lab for helping :blobuwu:
Infinite thanks my guy, I shall put this to use as much as I can. Can't state how good this thread is for us who are trash at team building.

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Sorry for the long turnaround on these teams, but there were a lot of big meta changes recently (especially Talonflame and Vaporeon rising + Virizion being banned) that shook up building enough that we had to re-acclimate to the meta. Here are some teams for you - hope you guys enjoy (click the sprites for importable)!
Hello! May I request a team built around Sd + Spin kabutops? It's pretty high on the vr and I think that it might be worth a shot to use.
Hey gglrg, user gum and I built two SD + Spin Kabutops teams since you had to wait a while for this. Here's the first, which I made:

Quad Removal SD Kabutops by 2x

:Kabutops:
Seeing your request, SD + Spin Kabutops, I realized you weren't really looking for a rain team, as SD Kabutops on rain typically uses three attacks rather than two. So, I made a bulky offense team instead that seeks to remove checks to SD Kabutops. Pokemon that resist both Kabutops' Rock- and Water-type moves are very few in number: Poliwrath, Palpitoad, Hakamo-o, and Toxicroak. Given the first three aren't very common at all, I focused next on building with a solid check to Toxicroak that can switch into both NP and SD sets (although, NP is more common than SD by this point).
:Golbat:
So, what's a check to Toxicroak that is good at switching into and capable of OHKOing both SD and NP Toxicroak? Golbat. This one is run with enough Speed for Timid/Jolly Toxicroak at 297 Speed total (216 Jolly yields a jump point). This also happens to be faster than Gallade, which will stay in and try to slap Golbat with Psychic coverage, but it won't work. And, when Golbat is run with max HP, it lives the 2HKO from +2 LO Toxicroak's Shadow Ball, so it can generally switch in safely and check with Brave Bird. 12 Attack is used here to guarantee the OHKO on Toxicroak, in case you can't get SR up:

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Toxicroak Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Golbat: 146-172 (41.3 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
12 Atk Golbat Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Toxicroak: 308-366 (100.3 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

With Golbat being relied on here defensively, it's important to keep SR off the field and to keep Eviolite in tact. At the same time, it's important to really pressure Steel-types, which prevent Taunt+Roost+Toxic Golbat from really doing anything, which brings us to our next member:
:Magneton:
Golbat really can't do much with strong Steel-types like Aggron and Silvally-Steel on the field, so I decided to go with Scarf Magnet Pull Magneton to guarantee they eat either a Thunderbolt or Volt switch, depending on how healthy they are. This also just happens to check Pokemon that can be problematic to other members of the team, namely Charizard, Lycanroc, and Froslass (Froslass because the Poltergeist resist is effectively Guzzlord, and so Froslass breaks that; Lycanroc because Claydol doesn't have recovery and is chipped quite easily over time, and Charizard because the Fire resists here are weak to Focus Blast).
:Hitmontop:
Now, with Togedemaru no longer being an option for the team with Magneton in its place, the team didn't really have speed control for Omastar yet, nor did it have a good Knock Off absorb to preserve Golbat's Eviolite, so I went with Assault Vest Thief+Fake Out+Mach Punch Hitmontop for this next slot. Fake Out activates Omastar's Weak armor, and then Mach Punch OHKOes Omastar when it's at -2 Def (-1 for Weak Armor activating, another -1 Def for once it's Shell Smashed):

252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Mach Punch vs. -2 0 HP / 0 Def Omastar: 288-338 (102.4 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If you predict Knock Off coming in, switch Hitmontop in first - losing AV isn't that big of a deal, and now you have the opportunity to steal items with Thief, which can be pretty nice and cripple various Fighting resists that like to come in on Hitmontop.
:Guzzlord:
At this point in the building process, various Water-, Electric-, Fire-, and Ghost-types were looking pretty threatening (Heliolisk, Charizard, Kingler, Gourgeist), and the team was vulnerable to status on the whole, so RestTalk SpDef Guzzlord was a pretty easy addition to the team. Guzzlord is pretty nice for threatening Gourgeist in particular, as the best it has for answering Guzzlord is TrickScarf/Band.
:Claydol:
The last slot here was effectively glue; I wanted to take advantage of Guzzlord removing Heavy-Duty Boots by adding SR, another Fighting resist, and a Volt stop so Guzzlord wouldn't be pressured to come in and then be checked immediately. At the same time, I wanted a slow momentum move to bring in Kabutops to setup safely, and really the only Pokemon that is able to do all of this is Claydol.

All in all, this team is a little Fighting weak, but Claydol + Golbat aren't easily broken and answer each Fighting-type pretty well, all things considered. Something like Centiskorch can be annoying too when Golbat is out of commission, with your main Fire resists being vulnerable to both Grass (Kabutops) and Bug (Guzzlord) coverage. Something to note: removal is very easy with this team; the opponent may assume that you'll be removing hazards with one of Golbat / Claydol / Hitmontop instead of with Kabutops, leading them to make some pretty awkward switches.

Good reason to run faster Golbat: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1317222827-4o4onkakae02izhtiewv9ix5pe55pg7pw (gum v Trixx)
vs ladder: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1317389799-pl14hv3zqolc2fmlsypohlzbn34gg9bpw

SD Spin Kabutops Hyper Offense by gum

gum's description: since you didn't specify a certain archetype, i tried to build a screens team with kabutops, which ended up working up pretty well. i went with the set you wanted on kabutops, with a lum berry as it eases setup against stuff like sandaconda and even jellicent. xatu sets screens and has teleport. after talking with 2x for a bit i tried out future sight, and it's proven to be rather useful to ease setup or just weaken down stuff for one of the sweepers. however, psychic and thunder wave are also options. turtonator sets up on a lot under screens and really appreciates kabutops often weakening bulky water-type, making it less reliant on draco meteor. toxicroak is kinda necessary here, as the team's water immunity; kingler otherwise doesn't even need an agility to claim free kills. priority in general is pretty cool on these type of teams, as it's hard to fit reliable speed control. it also works really well with the next member, ribombee. ribombee sets up on stuff like passimian that members like silvally-steel, kabutops, and a weakened turtonator; those three can also setup on pokemon that annoy ribombee like togedemaru. outside of that, though, ribombee is an extremely scary setup sweeper capable of beating a lot of its "answers" like charizard after some chip and choice scarf togedemaru. lastly, silvally-steel just appreciates kabutops and turtonator taking down water-types like lanturn for it, and also gives the team a way to not lose to opposing quiver dance ribombee. uxie is an option over xatu if you'd rather have stealth rock, but i haven't found those to be too necessary. i also generally dislikes uxie's extreme passivity and teleport is a better momentum-grabbing move than u-turn, hence why i prefer xatu here

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1317150800-x10uzkb23cbkaktslvlgrc2sdrotuj6pw here, future sight xatu gives ribombee and toxicroak a considerably easier time winning
[Gen 8] PU replay: Expulso vs. gum - Pokémon Showdown

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1317105795-w0f0mx6edwmhp7rscxkw4jhgowowizopw version with uxie, but the idea stays the same. as you can see, setting stealth rock wasn't even necessary
[Gen 8] PU replay: gum vs. Greybaum - Pokémon Showdown
I'm too lazy to build something, here we go

I want a Guzzlord AV Team

You can build in any Teamstyle, use your imagination. Thanks.
hey lockjaw - glad to see you playing PU again! Here's your AV Guzzlord team:

WishBounce Sandaconda Bulky Offense

:Guzzlord:
Guzzlord is great as offensive glue and provides resists for the tier's many Electric-, Fire-, Ghost-, Grass-, Water-, and Psychic-types, but giving it the right supports so it doesn't die to coverage from all of these is critical to using Guzzlord effectively. For example, Guzzlord fields Psychic-types well, but it loses to Dazzling Gleam Mesprit and Xatu on the switch, so I added SpDef Togedemaru to protect Guzzlord in this way.
:Sandaconda:
The way I started this build was by first conceptualizing Guzzlord as my main defensive switch-in to Heliolisk and Gourgeist. Max Attack Poltergeists and Power Whips do roughly 20% to Guzzlord, while Heliolisk can't 2HKO with Specs Focus Blast. From here, the team took off, and I leaned into the idea that Gourgeist and Heliolisk are already accounted for when Guzzlord is used and built with Pokemon that appreciate those gone. I often want to use Sandaconda for example, but sometimes avoid doing so as it's not really a great Volt stop when every Heliolisk is running Surf. However, with Guzzlord backing Sandaconda, you have clear outs to many of defensive Sandaconda's checks.
:Poliwrath:
Eject Button was used here on Sandaconda to aid Poliwrath in setting up via SubSalacBD - bring Eject Button Sandaconda in on predicted U-turns from Pokemon like Togedemaru and Passimian. Rather than them pivoting out, Eject Button will instead switch you out first once activated, at which point you bring in Poliwrath. They'll be forced to either click U-turn again or switch out if they're choice-locked, which then grants you the opportunity to set up with Substitute into Belly Drum. Once SubBD has brought you to 25%, Salac Berry activates, and the sweep is pretty clean from there if you were able to remove checks to Poliwrath prior to setting up.

There is a tech that is not really utilized in competitive Pokemon that I discovered while testing this team: Wish bouncing via Eject Button. It's a one-time deal, but there is a risk-free way to successfully pass Wish from one Pokemon to another that's low on HP, assuming your Eject Button user is healthy.

1) First, use Wish (Togedemaru in this case)
2) Send out your healthy Eject Button Pokemon (Sandaconda in this case) to eat the incoming hit
3) Eject Button activates and Sandaconda does not receive the Wish
4) The Wish has not landed yet, and you are switched out instead thanks to Eject Button, which allows you to bring in the Pokemon that ought to receive the Wish without it ever taking a hit.
Ex. (turns 11-12 - I keep Poliwrath healthy via this method to beat Omastar in the end-game by passing it a Wish from Togedemaru to Sandaconda to Poliwrath).
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1317371128-xes8o574xnhug286oa31y7v6854lux8pw.

:Charizard:
With Poliwrath and Sandaconda here, Rock-types like Lycanroc and Aggron were fully accounted for, so it was easy to justify Charizard as the next addition. Charizard takes on Fairy-types like Whimsicott and Ribombee for Guzzlord and other various Grass-types like Tsareena for Poliwrath and Sandaconda. Removal here is imporant here too with AV Guzzlord being unable to refill its HP, so it became a bulkier variant with Defog. Mystical Fire is pretty cool; while it does not activate on Ribombee's Shield Dust, it does help prevent you from losing to Stored Power users. a -6 300 BP Stored Power will never beat Charizard, so bring out Charizard in battles against Pokemon like Stored Power Xatu / Alcremie.
:Togedemaru:
Togedemaru gives you a secondary switch-in to Psychic types, keeps Poliwrath healthy so that it can setup, protects the team against threats like Scyther, Mesprit, Xatu, etc. which would be annoying for the team otherwise. It pretty much solos a lot of physical threats with just Toxic, Iron Barbs, and Spiky Shield, and it's an effective tool for scouting choice-locked Pokemon so that you can pivot into the appropriate resist afterward.
:Haunter:
Lastly, given Togedemaru is not using Choice Scarf here, I needed another scarfed mon to act as speed control here for checking +2 Omastar. That pretty much left me with the choice of CS Rotom and CS Haunter (scarf Gourgeist-Small would add another Ice weakness, so the slot is limited to these two). While Rotom would work fine more or less, Haunter is a lot stronger and its access to Energy Ball and Dazzling Gleam lets it OHKO +2 Timid Omastar (Shadow Ball does not reliably score the OHKO), while also preventing Guzzlord and Scrafty from coming in for free and sweeping or wallbreaking. These two in particular threaten the team pretty easily if Poliwrath isn't there to check them, which is why I went with Haunter > Rotom here.

252 SpA Haunter Shadow Ball vs. -1 0 HP / 4 SpD Omastar: 240-283 (85.4 - 100.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
vs
252 SpA Haunter Energy Ball vs. -1 0 HP / 4 SpD Omastar: 720-848 (256.2 - 301.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Overall, the team synergy here is pretty good, but it is a bit Fighting weak if you look at it as "only Charizard and Haunter are switching in." But, remember that defensive Sandaconda is effectively a Fighting resist for anything not named NP Toxicroak. Another thing to note, this team can be pretty weak to Dragons (all of them have Fire coverage for Togedemaru), so it's possible to go with a build like: Guzzlord / Poliwrath / Sandaconda / Silvally-Fairy or Alcremie / Scarf Togedemaru / Charizard, too, if you're looking for a possible edit.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1317371128-xes8o574xnhug286oa31y7v6854lux8pw passing Wishes from Togedemaru to Sandaconda to Poliwrath, with Sandaconda as the 'middleman,' so that Poliwrath stays healthy to face Omastar in the end-game
I would like to request a balanced team formed around the pairing of Kingler and Heliolisk that makes the most out of their synergy to deal with each others switch in's, I will leave the movesets up to the builder to decide to give them more flexibility.
Thank you for being patient with us, Lost Soul! I realize your request for Helio+Kingler balance was made in an earlier meta and really focused on beating Vaporeon for Kingler with Heliolisk, but I was still able to make a VoltTurn balance squad that gets Kingler in pretty easily.

Pokexczemon

Alternate Versions

I kind of love the eczema-suffering basilisk aesthetically, and so I'm happy you made a request for it. These teams focus on pressuring defensive switch-ins to Kingler and Heliolisk, especially Lanturn / Gourgeist / Trevenant / Guzzlord. Kingler brings all of these in and weakens them with Knock Off, while Heliolisk U-turns on Guzzlord and Lanturn (being able to pivot on Lanturn is actually really nice) and bring in checks to those like CB Passimian or Shiinotic. Scarf Heliolisk is here to check Omastar, and running your Scarf not on that Togedemaru slot gives you room to run a different Steel-type: ex. Specs Magneton, Silvally-Steel, and SpDef Togedemaru in these three versions. Specs Analytic Steel Beam is insane and does 60% to Scarf Togedemaru:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Analytic Magneton Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Togedemaru: 148-175 (54.6 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Bringing in and breaking Togedemaru this way really sets the stage for Aromatisse to support the team more effectively, for Kingler and Charizard to lose an offensive check, for Heliolisk to freely lock into its dual STABs, and for keeping Claydol from being chipped by Togede's U-turn. Steel Beam does 50% to Magneton, but you do have Wish Aromatisse there as backup, which lets you use Steel Beam more than twice.

Additionally, this Kingler + Specs Magneton core is a cool combo that really puts the pressure on Lanturn such that Heliolisk is generally cleaning late-game. Specs Tri Attack puts Lanturn in range of being KOed by Body Slam (just click Tri Attack twice and then you're ready to go with Agility Kingler):

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magneton Tri Attack vs. 36 HP / 220+ SpD Lanturn: 120-142 (30 - 35.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Analytic Magneton Tri Attack vs. 36 HP / 220+ SpD Lanturn: 156-184 (39 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Kingler Body Slam vs. 36 HP / 196 Def Lanturn: 185-218 (46.2 - 54.5%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO

Alternatively, you force Lanturn in over SR with Heliolisk's U-turn, Toxic it with Charizard (and live thanks to the SpA drop from Mystical Fire), etc., so the team is well prepped to remove Lanturn from the match.

The third team here is just for fun, but honestly, I won with that one more than the other two. Rain abuser Charizard is extremely fun: the only Water and Flying resists in PU are Lanturn and Heliolisk, and those are bopped by Specs Scorching Sands. Then, Charizard in rain can OHKO Regirock with Specs Weather Ball:

252 SpA Choice Specs Charizard Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Regirock in Rain: 432-510 (118.6 - 140.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Lastly, all sorts of bulky SpDef Dragon-types will try to switch into Charizard, which are all booped by Specs Dragon Pulse. Shiinotic is a huge pain to deal with for these bulky Dragons too, and for this reason I'm running it with max Speed to get off a Spore and set up Rain for the rest of the squad. It is still slower than 252 Spe Modest Alolan-Exeggutor and Adamant/Modest 252 Spe Guzzlord, but it'll take the rest of those slow/powerful Dragon-types by surprise.

:ss/Charizard:
Charizard @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solar Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Weather Ball
- Hurricane
- Scorching Sands
- Dragon Pulse

Cute set, right?

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1320524544-6tipy9jt2aoftoi0n0pzj4teix5twu7pw v1
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1311779661-e2ie901e2azjn27rm81lyszot3due7ypw v3 drud vs zS

Last edited:
As always the quality of your work is outstanding, thank you for the team/s, especially after the tier shifts shook up the top of the tier so much and made things much more clouded and unclear. I look forward to trying out all three versions of the team and appreciate the hard work that was put into them by the building team, the extra wait was well worth it and I look forward to your future work as well.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, I would like to request a FuturePort Xatu + CB Passimian/Sawk team. Have enjoyed using Slowking + CB Terrakion in UU before, and since FuturePort is broken in the higher tiers, why not try using it here in PU too? Thanks!
Apologies for this taking so long, but here's your requested team!

:passimian: :xatu: :charizard: :lanturn: :ferroseed: :heliolisk:

Passimian @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 136 HP / 4 Def / 192 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Future Sight
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost
- Teleport

Charizard @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 148 Def / 220 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Heliolisk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Surf

There were a lot of variations to the team, but in testing it felt the most consistent while still providing everything needed for CB Passimian to shine. Went with Passimian over Sawk to start with since momentum is always nice to have on a breaker. Xatu went througha few changes coverage wise as I wanted Psychic originally to pressure Toxicroak right away as opposing to baiting it in with Future Sight, but opposing Dark-types, Scrafty in particualr, became a big problem as the team rounded itself out, so Dazzling Gleam is here with the Special Attack investment enough to guarantee any Scrafty variant, Colbur Berry to better check Dark-types as opposed to HDB so we don't instantly get overwhelmed by Knock Off with enough Speed to outspeed Toxicroak. Charizard provides Defog support as Xatu can be overwhelmed by hazard setters like Mold Breaker Druddigon and Froslass, and Charizard provides a good Fairy resist against stuff like QD Ribombee and Whimsicott. Lanturn acts as a Electric immunity, Charizard check and additional pivot for Passimian to get in safely. Speed is enough to outspeed Adamant base 50s such as Aggron, with Ice Beam over Toxic to dent Exeggutor-Alola which is an issue for this team to switch into, Protect is nice to scout and gain additional Leftovers recovery. Aggron was originally here as a Stealth Rock setter and Fairy check, but with Arctovish coming back in the last tier shift, I wanted something more managable to handle it hence Ferroseed. It also doubles as a backup Fairy and Ice check, the EVs specifically allows Ferroseed to aviod the 2HKO from Choice Specs or +1 Ribombee's Bug Buzz after Stealth Rock and you OHKO with Gyro Ball. Finally CS Heliolisk for speed control, Water immunity, and soft Ghost check so team doesn't get overwhelmed by Poltergeist users like Gourgeist and Froslass. Enjoy the team!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1342527434

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Okay okay okay okay okay, here are some teamlab teams! Sorry to those who waited a while - there are extra pastes in here for you since you waited patiently. You are also welcome to submit additional requests to the shop right after you've received your teams, given you've already waited more than 2 weeks for your first request to be processed. For those of you who are getting their teams right away, please enjoy and use responsibly! :heart:
Bulky offence/balance with belly drum charizard as a late-game sweeper/setup sweeper
elf_vis Here is your BD Charizard team! It contains a ton of support options that enable Charizard to reliably set up via Sub + Salac + Blaze + Belly Drum late-game. Any Charizard set lacking Heavy-Duty Boots demands a spinner / defogger that has great match-up against the SR users that commonly threaten Charizard, especially Gigalith against specially offensive variants and Regirock against physically offensive ones. Defog Gurdurr fit the bill perfectly here, as it can switch into either of them without risk, remove SR on the turn it forces them out, and capitalize on Gigalith's / Regirock's Toxic via Guts. I also sprung for Xatu's support in keeping entry hazards off of Charizard's side of the field via Magic Bounce. Gurdurr and Xatu have great defensive synergy together, with Gurdurr taking on many of the offensive Rock-types and Psychic resists like Guzzlord, Aggron, Lycanroc, etc. for Xatu. Xatu's screens are mainly used to facilitate Charizard setting up BD while also helping Togedemaru, Lanturn, and Gurdurr take on the threats they're supposed to, ex. Togedemaru lacking SpDef bulk is liable to be broken by strong attackers like Frosmoth and Ribombee, but Xatu's screens improve that outcome. Exeggutor-A was a brainless pick here and is brought in easily by Togedemaru's U-turn, which is great for forcing in fat defensive answers to Togedemaru like Palossand, Sandaconda, Lanturn, RH Weezing, etc. and then pivoting straight into Exeggutor-A, granting it the opportunities it needs to break these SR setters and checks to physically offensive Charizard. I am running Timid here, so Exeggutor-A will be getting the drop on Weezing and Garbodor creeping Modest Exeggutor-A and Adamant Aggron, respectively, which helps Gurdurr out quite a bit. A specs set is definitely possible here, but I wanted to both keep up momentum and to provide Charizard the support required for easy setup, so Sleep Powder + Eject Pack Exeggutor-A was born. Losing your Eject Pack after firing off a Timid Draco Meteor / Leaf Storm also now means Exeggutor-A is itemless, and therefore, it becomes a switch-in to the tier's various Poltergeist users and mitigates the team's weakness to it in turn. Lastly, Lanturn rounds out the squad and provides Charizard with cleric support, a volt stop, and slow momentum, which are all useful against the Pokemon that force Charizard out, like opposing Togedemaru, Basculin, Heliolisk, and more. Lanturn's EV spread is custom and it's designed to creep Adamant Aggron and pressure that for Togedemaru and Xatu. This team actually has no SR user! I know, perhaps that isn't ideal, but there is still the potential for getting SR up anyway thanks to Xatu's presence, and at the same time, the team doesn't really want to spend time setting up hazards anyway. Instead, the best way to pilot this is to focus on keeping Charizard healthy by preventing and/or removing hazards with Xatu and Gurdurr and facilitating Charizard's setup via Togedemaru's Encore, Xatu's screens, and Exeggutor-A's Sleep Powder. There are a few slots here that are up for grabs; for example, Gurdurr is running High Horsepower. Mach Punch, Bulk Up, and Rock Slide are other possible options here, but High Horsepower lets it smack Toxicroak and Garbodor pretty hard and is a good use of the slot with those being more or less guaranteed to switch into Gurdurr. The last thing I want to mention is that Whimsicott is basically a counter to the screens playstyle (if you can list one), with Infiltrator being able to sneak around screens and Encore / Defog / Stun Spore with Prankster either removing screens altogether or stopping a Charizard sweep here, so Scarf Togedemaru is here to switch into Whimsicott and support Charizard in that way.

:Gurdurr::Exeggutor-Alola::Charizard::Lanturn::Xatu::Togedemaru:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1342024708-sb35q2b8cqtf59fabolltrdsbla6jkbpw

Absolute beginner to the tier, would like a balanced/bulky offence team cantered around Quiver Dance Ribombee and whatever Perrserker set that is viable.
Hey, Basically Hastur - I've got your bulky offense QD Ribombee + Perrserker team here for you! CB Perrserker is comparable to Aggron in terms of how hard it hits and is capable of 2HKOing nearly all Steel resists with Steely Spirit Iron Tail. The most common Steel resists that Perrserker faces in this meta are Charizard and Togedemaru; these really hate switching in with Charizard taking roughly 75% and Togedemaru taking about 50%. Other Steel resists like Lanturn address Perrserker well, but really, U-turn is the play there when you predict Lanturn coming in, which is a fine tactic for weakening Lanturn for Charizard and Kabutops. If Lanturn is healthy, pivot from Perrserker into Guzzlord so that you can make progress by hitting either an easy Draco Meteor or Knock Off. Weakening Charizard and Togedemaru by hitting your Iron Tail will also set the stage for QD Ribombee to sweep late-game. If you do misplay against Charizard, you've got a really hardy Fire resist in AV Guzzlord to support Ribombee and Perrserker, as well as an offensive check in Scarf Kabutops. In exchange, Perrserker and Charizard protect Guzzlord against opposing Fairy types, such as Aromatisse, Ribombee, and Whimsicott. Kabutops with Psycho Cut is really handy for luring and KOing Toxicroak, which can do quite a bit of damage here if it's able to force out Perrserker or Guzzlord and use that free turn to set up either NP or SD. Toxicroak should never be able to sweep this team though, given that NP Toxicroak is checked by your own Charizard, and SD Toxicroak is handled by Palossand, so you should be fine against Toxicroak even with Kabutops as your main form of speed control here.

:Perrserker::Guzzlord::Charizard::Ribombee::Palossand::Kabutops:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1341989916-sid8414r25ruv8l8hnqf2mdrkuccb7npw

I'd like an Substitute Arctovish team w slush rush, I feel like mixed arctovish could put in a lot of work :)
How about a Cinnicco team? Maybe with Work Up?
Hey dunderguy - Arctovish was taken by NU briefly but came back down with the last shift, so I decided to build both your original request of Sub Slush Rush Arctovish and Cinccino. There are a lot of avenues you can go with Arctovish on the team below, but SubHail Slush Rush was a lot of fun and netted me some surprise wins. Water Absorb + Boots + Fishious Rend / Icicle Crash / Freeze-Dry / Substitute is also of course viable, as is a choiced variant with Psychic Fangs in the last slot for both removing Toxicroak from the game and breaking opposing screens when up against Xatu screens Hyper Offense teams. I tested all sorts of Arctovish sets with this team and each worked fine - use what you feel like here! The Palossand spread is designed to take on Lanturn and Heliolisk better, given that you're using DD Charizard and Arctovish here and need bulky pivot Lanturn weakened especially so that DD Charizard isn't forced to eat a Scald. Heliolisk is annoying too, as it's a guessing game whether it'll be locking into Surf / HVoice / Volt Switch, or even if it's choice-locked as it could be running Heavy-Duty Boots instead, so Palossand being able to stay in and hit it with a Ground-type move is pretty useful for its teammates. In reverse, Charizard with 1 or 2 DDs under its belt breaks Heliolisk and Lanturn so that Arctovish can Sub down late-game and sweep thanks to this weird set I made. Be careful against Exeggutor-A here, though; if it comes in on Palossand on a double switch, you're more or less pressured to pivot to Whimsicott, but that doesn't eat Specs Leaf Storms well and is OHKOed by Flamethrower. However, if your opponent's strategy relies on bringing in Exeggutor-A via U-turn (a much more common tactic to use in tandem with Specs Exeggutor-A), switch directly to Eject Button Palossand, which will then send Palossand out and keep Passimian / Togedemaru in, allowing you to bring in DD Charizard to sweep with DD in response.

:charizard::heliolisk::whimsicott::aggron::palossand::arctovish:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1343363942-si6jg6e7hd1j3lfk3an6k7gxvesxyrspw vs ayo bb / skankovich
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1343358553-mz0d8x3n8w3swf33ofybup82irrdyjkp
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1341522427-h09ho2krgvcxaalsh197a41v2tvui7dpw

The Cinccino team was also fun to use (the breaker and hazard removal slots are very flexible, so I had a lot of different configs here - Defog can fit on Charizard or Whimsicott and Rapid Spin on Alolan Sandslash, with CB being usable on Cinccino / Alolan Sandslash + Specs usable on Charizard / Whimsicott). The main idea however is to use Sandaconda's Glare and Qwilfish's Thunder Wave to open up opportunities for CB Cinccino to spam its multi-hit moves. Additionally, use Cinccino's U-turn to bring in and break Cinccino's defensive checks with 3 attacks + Roost Charizard. In current meta, a lot of players view using defensive picks like Sandaconda as a liability in the face of strong breakers like Exeggutor-A, so my remedy here was to create a surefire lure in Coil + Dragon Rush Sandaconda while also ensuring that no other member of the team lets it in for free (Poison Jab Qwilfish, U-Turn CB Cinccino, Hurricane Charizard, Alolan Sandslash, and Whimsicott all pressure Exeggutor-A). This Sandaconda EV spread will outspeed even Timid Alolan Exeggutor while also always OHKOing variants lacking bulk with +1 Dragon Rush (Coil as you predict a switch, then hit Dragon Rush).

:cinccino::whimsicott::charizard::qwilfish::sandslash-alola::sandaconda:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1340216196-zno5dhi9eiypdi9vy68crxlemvmn192pw vs deferio
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1339597630-5fj96syzueq8g45zhimzhrppqeeypx1pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1338422337-7y538bb9i9bvtjuphamsmbi64hhehqipw ban king's rock!

Hey, could I get a team with Trevenant? Can be any set or playstyle, can’t seem to make it work
Hey, iceblazer, here are your Trevenant teams! This request was made in a different meta, but luckily offensive Ghost-types like Trevenant are still great at poking holes in commonly used defensive cores, so you should still be able to get a lot of use out of these. Fielding Ghost-type attacks can be pretty hard to do in this meta, and so a lot of people go to itemless mons as a stopgap measure for dealing with this problem in building. So, I'm using Shadow Claw + Poltergeist Trevenant to wallbreak against teams that rely on this countermeasure for beating Poltergeist users. You can take this tactic a step further and even use Frisk Trevenant to guarantee you're locking into the correct Ghost-type attack, but simply scouting over the course of the battle and absorbing status via Natural Cure is a better way to go I feel.

Many of Trevenant's offensive checks are slapped pretty hard by Togedemaru, and in exchange, Togedemaru brings in CB Trevenant for free with U-turn against the Pokemon that scare Togedemaru out, such as Sandaconda and Lanturn. Natural Cure allows Trevenant to take these Pokemon on competently, and even if they get a free turn and end up statusing Trevenant or another member of your team here, Natural Cure and Altaria's Heal Bell pretty much guarantee that these Pokemon won't be able to make any progress in battle with their status moves (Glare is broken, but so is Trevenant!). Altaria keeps Trevenant and Scrafty happy by also taking on many of their offensive checks; for example, specially offensive Charizard is hard-walled and really has to go for Hurricane hax against Altaria. Even if DD Charizard manages to break Altaria, you've got Aqua Jet Kabutops in the back as insurance. Given that Trevenant isn't able to function as a defensive check to Fighting-types like Scrafty and Passimian, I built with Rest RH Weezing for this purpose. Rest will keep Weezing healthy in the long-term, and Altaria is there to wake Weezing up when you need it to via Heal Bell. Weezing's EV spread allows it to outspeed Modest 252 Spe Exeggutor-A, meaning that'll be forced to eat a Sludge Bomb before it gets to drop Draco here.

:scrafty::altaria::trevenant::weezing::kabutops::togedemaru:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1341483199-yfk8i6rg0i6d0ci0u9gwsb0gvmsnehvpw

This Miltank version was built mostly by Roonie and then was edited by me and tlenit, so credit to them! It is a bit Aggron and Archeops weak, but otherwise, it is as solid a team as they come and does a great job in checking the majority of the meta. Druddigon is using a defensive spread along with Rough Skin and Rocky Helmet to really pressure Dual Wingbeat Archeops, as well as provide speed control via Glare so that Trevenant has more opportunities to wallbreak. Druddigon also has SR slotted on, so that Miltank is free to drop SR for Toxic for the purpose of pressuring Froslass and other offensive Ice-types for the team. NP Toxicroak and Charizard form a really high-power, cohesive offensive core together and are really only walled by other Charizard, which can be checked by Chople Miltank (if specially offensive), Druddigon (if DD), and scarf Togedemaru. Toxicroak can also switch into Basculin and Kabutops on Charizard's behalf, while in return, Charizard can protect Toxicroak from offensive Fairy-types, like Ribombee and Whimsicott. Charizard is running Focus Blast here to pressure Regirock, Gigalith (to some extent), Guzzlord, and to OHKO Aggron, but keep in mind, Flamethrower + 1 Seismic Toss from Miltank will also KO Aggron.

:toxicroak::druddigon::trevenant::charizard::miltank::togedemaru:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1337767928-1qqbn1gh6ilg18dreqhkhdtu9uwi2h2pw

This team has been reworked across a few metas, but it still works! Trevenant switches into anything defensive Lanturn can do for Charizard's sake and heals off Scald burn or Toxic for free with Natural Cure. Stunfisk-G is there to trap Lanturn and hard counter Togedemaru for your Rotom-F, while also being able to sponge Aggron's dual STAB moves. With my Flying resists here being weak to Archeops and Charizard, Guzzlord being chipped heavily by the Fire-types that it's supposed to check (namely Charizard and Magmortar), and Lycanroc looking pretty annoying, Scarf Poliwrath was used as offensive glue to check Charizard, Archeops, Lycanroc, and Magmortar all in one slot. Protect NP Rotom-F is a really annoying set to deal with offensively, especially if the opponent relies on something like Scarf Passimian to check it.

:poliwrath::guzzlord::trevenant::charizard::stunfisk-galar::rotom-frost:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1340932419-48a4c6e3z7t88dg96uhx5ulm99jrxlfpw

I'm in love with Wishiwashi, no matter the EV spread or set. SpDef and Def investments are possible, as are Specs, RestTalk, and ProTox movesets. As a pivot, Wishiwashi is pretty much ideal for bringing in Trevenant, as many of the Pokemon that threaten Wishiwashi like Lanturn, Heliolisk, Exeggutor-A, etc. can't really afford taking a hit from banded Trevenant. Protect Wishiwashi allows you to scout and use Trevenant's Ghost-typing to pivot accurately into choiced Fighting-types, especially Passimian. In case Wishiwashi is down and you still have to deal with Passimian, Psychic Fangs Silvally-Poison is here to save the day; it's awesome for OHKOing Toxicroak and breaking Xatu's screens in one shot, and should definitely be considered in this meta where more and more players are running screens (maybe not so much if Light Clay is banned, but more on that later!). The team has methods of pressuring Exeggutor-A and not allowing that to wallbreak: Wishiwashi's U-turn, Scrafty is running more Speed than it (and Aggron), U-turn Archeops, Silvally-Poison's Multi Attack, and so on. Both SR and removal were hard to fit onto this build, but SR Archeops makes that possible - if it turns out you'd prefer Archeops run dual STABs and/or Earthquake, feel free to remove SR as it's not entirely necessary for the team's success.

:scrafty::wishiwashi::trevenant::silvally-poison::archeops::togedemaru:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1342004598-j6hn7fcz9u90bnojkvp80zi4xofdbqcpw

Last edited:
Okay okay okay okay okay, here are some teamlab teams! Sorry to those who waited a while - there are extra pastes in here for you since you waited patiently. You are also welcome to submit additional requests to the shop right after you've received your teams, given you've already waited more than 2 weeks for your first request to be processed. For those of you who are getting their teams right away, please enjoy and use responsibly! :heart:

elf_vis Here is your BD Charizard team! It contains a ton of support options that enable Charizard to reliably set up via Sub + Salac + Blaze + Belly Drum late-game. Any Charizard set lacking Heavy-Duty Boots demands a spinner / defogger that has great match-up against the SR users that commonly threaten Charizard, especially Gigalith against specially offensive variants and Regirock against physically offensive ones. Defog Gurdurr fit the bill perfectly here, as it can switch into either of them without risk, remove SR on the turn it forces them out, and sponges and capitalizes on Gigalith's / Regirock's Toxic. I also sprung for Xatu's support in keeping entry hazards off of Charizard's side of the field via Magic Bounce. Gurdurr and Xatu have great defensive synergy together, with Gurdurr taking on many of the offensive Rock-types and Psychic resists like Guzzlord, Aggron, Lycanroc, etc. for Xatu. Xatu's screens are mainly used to facilitate Charizard setting up BD while also helping Togedemaru, Lanturn, and Gurdurr take on the threats they're supposed to, ex. Togedemaru lacking SpDef bulk is liable to be broken by strong attackers like Frosmoth and Ribombee, but Xatu's screens improve that outcome. Exeggutor-A was a brainless pick here and is brought in easily by Togedemaru's U-turn, which is great for forcing in fat defensive answers to Togedemaru like Palossand, Sandaconda, Lanturn, RH Weezing, etc. and then pivoting straight into Exeggutor-A, granting it the opportunities it needs to break these SR setters and checks to physically offensive Charizard. I am running Timid here, so Exeggutor-A will be getting the drop on Weezing and Garbodor creeping Modest Exeggutor-A and Adamant Aggron respectively, which helps Gurdurr out quite a bit. A specs set is definitely possible here, but I wanted to both keep up momentum and to provide Charizard the support required for easy setup, so Sleep Powder + Eject Pack Exeggutor-A was born. Losing your Eject Pack after firing off a Timid Draco Meteor / Leaf Storm also now means Exeggutor-A is itemless, and therefore, it becomes a switch-in to the tier's various Poltergeist users and mitigates the team's weakness to Ghost in turn. Lastly, Lanturn rounds the squad and provides Charizard with cleric support, a volt stop, and slow momentum, which are all useful against the Pokemon that force Charizard out, like opposing Togedemaru, Basculin, Heliolisk, and more. Lanturn's EV spread is custom and it's designed to creep Adamant Aggron, which pressures that for Togedemaru and Xatu. This team actually has no SR user! I know, perhaps that isn't ideal, but there is still the potential for getting SR up anyway thanks to Xatu's presence, and at the same time, the team doesn't really want to spend time setting up hazards anyway. Instead, the best way to pilot this is to focus on keeping Charizard healthy by preventing and/or removing hazards with Xatu and Gurdurr and facilitating Charizard's setup via Togedemaru's Encore, Xatu's screens, and Exeggutor-A's Sleep Powder. There are a few slots here that are up for grabs, ex. Gurdurr is running High Horsepower. Mach Punch, Bulk Up, and Rock Slide are other possible options here, but High Horsepower lets it smack Toxicroak and Garbodor pretty hard, which are more or less guaranteed to switch into Gurdurr.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1342024708-sb35q2b8cqtf59fabolltrdsbla6jkbpw

Hey, Basically Hastur - I've got your bulky offense QD Ribombee + Perrserker team here for you! CB Perrserker is comparable to Aggron in terms of its offensive capabilities and is capable of 2HKOing even bulky resists with Steely Spirit Iron Tail. The most common Steel resists that Perrserker faces are Charizard and Togedemaru Lanturn, but these really hate switching in with Charizard taking roughly 75% and Togedemaru taking about 50% HP. Other Steel resists like Lanturn address Perrserker well, but really, U-turn is the play there when you predict Lanturn coming in, which weakens that for Charizard and Kabutops. If Lanturn is healthy, pivot into Guzzlord so that you can make progress by hitting either an easy Draco Meteor or Knock Off. Weakening Charizard and Togedemaru by hitting your Iron Tail will also set the stage for QD Ribombee to sweep late-game. If you do misplay against Charizard, you've got a really hardy Fire resist in AV Guzzlord to support Ribombee and Perrserker, as well as an offensive check in Scarf Kabutops. In exchange, Perrserker and Charizard protect Guzzlord against opposing Fairy types, such as Aromatisse, Ribombee, and Whimsicott. Kabutops with Psycho Cut is really handy for luring and KOing Toxicroak, which can do quite a bit of damage here if it's able to force out Perrserker or Guzzlord and use that free turn to set up either NP or SD. Toxicroak should never be able to sweep this team however, given that NP Toxicroak is checked by your own Charizard, and SD Toxicroak is handled by Palossand, so you should be fine against Toxicroak even with Kabutops as your main form of speed control here.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1341989916-sid8414r25ruv8l8hnqf2mdrkuccb7npw

Hey dunderguy - Arctovish was taken by NU briefly but came back down with the last shift, so I decided to build both your original request of Sub Slush Rush Arctovish and Cinccino. There are a lot of avenues you can go with Arctovish on the team below, but SubHail Slush Rush was a lot of fun and netted me some surprise wins. Water Absorb + Boots + Fishious Rend / Icicle Crash / Freeze-Dry / Substitute is also of course viable, as is a choiced variant with Psychic Fangs in the last slot for both removing Toxicroak from the game and breaking opposing screens when up against Xatu screens Hyper Offense teams. I tested all sorts of Arctovish sets with this team and each worked fine. Use what you feel like here! The Palossand spread is designed to take on Lanturn and Heliolisk better, given that you're using DD Charizard and Arctovish here and need bulky pivot Lanturn weakened especially so that DD Charizard isn't forced to eat a Scald. Heliolisk too is annoying, as it's a guessing game whether it'll be locking into Surf / HVoice / Volt Switch, or even if it's choice-locked, so Palossand being able to stay in and hit it with Ground stab is pretty useful for its teammates. In reverse, Charizard with 1 or 2 DDs under its belt breaks Heliolisk and Lanturn so that Arctovish can Sub down late-game and sweep thanks to this weird set I made. Be careful against Exeggutor-A here. If it comes in on Palossand on a double, you're more or less pressured to pivot to Whimsicott, but that doesn't eat Specs Leaf Storms well and is OHKOed by Flamethrower. However, if your opponent's strategy relies on bringing Exeggutor-A via U-turn, switch directly to Eject Button Palossand, which will then send Palossand out and keep Passimian / Togedemaru in, allowing you to set up a quick DD with Charizard.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1343363942-si6jg6e7hd1j3lfk3an6k7gxvesxyrspw vs ayo bb / skankovich
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1343358553-mz0d8x3n8w3swf33ofybup82irrdyjkp
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1341522427-h09ho2krgvcxaalsh197a41v2tvui7dpw

The Cinccino team was also fun to use (the breaker and hazard removal slots are very flexible, so I had a lot of different configs here - Defog can fit on Charizard or Cinccino and Rapid Spin on Alolan Sandslash, with CB being usable on Cinccino / Alolan Sandslash + Specs usable on Charizard / Whimsicott). The main idea however is to using Sandaconda's Glare and Qwilfish's Thunder Wave to open up opportunities for CB Cinccino to spam its multi-hit moves. Additionally, use Cinccino's U-turn to bring in and break Cinccino's defensive checks with 3 attacks + Roost Charizard. In current meta, a lot of players view using defensive picks like Sandaconda as a liability in the face of strong breakers like Exeggutor-A, so my remedy here was to create a surefire lure in Coil + Dragon Rush Sandaconda while also ensuring that no other member of the team lets it in for free (Poison Jab Qwilfish, U-Turn CB Cinccino, Hurricane Charizard, Alolan Sandslash, and Whimsicott all pressure Exeggutor-A). This Sandaconda EV spread will outspeed even Timid Alolan Exeggutor while also always OHKOing variants lacking bulk with +1 Dragon Rush (Coil as you predict a switch, then hit Dragon Rush).

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1340216196-zno5dhi9eiypdi9vy68crxlemvmn192pw vs deferio
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1339597630-5fj96syzueq8g45zhimzhrppqeeypx1pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1338422337-7y538bb9i9bvtjuphamsmbi64hhehqipw king's rock

Hey, iceblazer, here are your Trevenant teams! This request was made in a different meta, but luckily offensive Ghost-types like Trevenant are still great at finding holes in commonly used defensive cores, so you should still be able to get a lot of use out of these. Fielding Ghost-type attacks can be pretty hard to do in this meta, and so a lot of people go to itemless mons as a stopgap measure for dealing with this problem in building. So, I'm using Shadow Claw + Poltergeist Trevenant to wallbreak against teams that rely on this countermeasure for beating Poltergeist users. You can take this tactic a step further and even use Frisk Trevenant to guarantee you're locking into the correct Ghost-type attack, but simply scouting over the course of the battle and absorbing status is a better way to go I feel.

Many of Trevenant's offensive checks are slapped pretty hard by Togedemaru, and in exchange, Togedemaru brings in CB Trevenant for free with U-turn against the Pokemon that scare Togedemaru out, such as Sandaconda and Lanturn. Natural Cure allows Trevenant to take these Pokemon on competently, and even if they get a free turn and end up statusing Trevenant or another member of your team here, Natural Cure and Altaria's Heal Bell pretty much guarantee that these Pokemon won't be able to make any progress in battle with their status moves (Glare is broken, but so is Trevenant). Altaria keeps Trevenant and Scrafty happy by also taking on many of their offensive checks; for example, specially offensive Charizard is hard-walled and really has to go for Hurricane hax against Altaria. Even if DD Charizard manages to break Altaria, you've got Aqua Jet Kabutops in the back as insurance. Given Trevenant isn't able to function as defensive check to Fighting-types like Scrafty and Passimian, I built with Rest RH Weezing for this purpose. Rest will keep Weezing healthy in the long-term, and Altaria is there to wake Weezing up when you need it to via Heal Bell. Weezing's EV spread allows it to outspeed Modest 252 Spe Exeggutor-A, meaning that'll be forced to eat a Sludge Bomb before it gets to drop Draco here.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1341483199-yfk8i6rg0i6d0ci0u9gwsb0gvmsnehvpw

This Miltank version was built mostly by Roonie and then edited by me and tlenit, so credit to them! It is a bit Aggron and Archeops weak, but otherwise, it is as solid as they come and does a great job in checking the majority of the meta. Druddigon is using a defensive spread along with Rough Skin and Rocky Helmet to really pressure Dual Wingbeat Archeops, as well as provide speed control via Glare so that Trevenant has more opportunities to wallbreak. Druddigon also has SR slotted on, so that Miltank is free to drop SR for Toxic for the purpose of pressuring Froslass and other offensive Ice-types for the team. NP Toxicroak and Charizard form a really high-power, cohesive offensive core together and are really only walled by other Charizard, which can be checked by Chople Miltank (if specially offensive), Druddigon (if DD), and scarf Togedemaru. Toxicroak can also switch into Basculin and Kabutops on Charizard's behalf, while in return, Charizard can protect Toxicroak from offensive Fairy-types, like Ribombee and Whimsicott. Charizard is running Focus Blast here to pressure Regirock, Gigalith (to some extent), Guzzlord, and to OHKO Aggron, but keep in mind, Flamethrower + 1 Seismic Toss from Miltank will also KO Aggron.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1337767928-1qqbn1gh6ilg18dreqhkhdtu9uwi2h2pw

This team has been reworked across a few metas, but it still works! Trevenant switches into anything defensive Lanturn can do for Charizard's sake and heals off Scald burn or Toxic for free with Natural Cure. Stunfisk-G is there to trap Lanturn and hard counter Togedemaru for your Rotom-F, while also being able to sponge Aggron's dual STAB moves. With my Flying resists here being weak to Archeops and Charizard, Guzzlord being chipped heavily by the Fire-types that it's supposed to check (namely Charizard and Magmortar), and Lycanroc looking pretty annoying, Scarf Poliwrath was used as offensive glue to check Charizard, Archeops, Lycanroc, and Magmortar all in one slot. Protect NP Rotom-F is a really annoying set to deal with offensively, especially if the opponent relies on something like Scarf Passimian to check it.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1340932419-48a4c6e3z7t88dg96uhx5ulm99jrxlfpw

I'm in love with Wishiwashi, no matter the EV spread or set. SpDef, Def investments are possible, as are Specs, RestTalk, ProTox sets. As a pivot, it is pretty much ideal for bringing in Trevenant, as many of the Pokemon that threaten Wishiwashi like Lanturn, Heliolisk, Exeggutor-A, etc. really don't like taking a hit from Trevenant. Protect Wishiwashi works well with Trevenant, as that allows you to use Trevenant's Ghost-typing to pivot accurately into choiced Fighting-types, especially Passimian. In case Wishiwashi is down and you still have to deal with Passimian, Psychic Fangs Silvally-Poison is here to save the day. It's awesome for OHKOing Toxicroak and breaking Xatu's screens in one shot, and should definitely be considered in this meta where more and more players are running screens (maybe not so much if Light Clay is banned, but more on that later!). The team has methods of pressuring Exeggutor-A and not allowing that to break: Wishiwashi's U-turn, Scrafty is running more Speed than it (and Aggron), U-turn Archeops, Silvally-Poison's Multi Attack, and so on. Both SR and removal were hard to fit onto this build, but Archeops makes that possible - if it turns out you'd prefer Archeops run dual STABs and/or Earthquake, feel free to remove SR as it's not entirely necessary for the team's success.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1342004598-j6hn7fcz9u90bnojkvp80zi4xofdbqcpw
Thanks a lot!!

Hey, iceblazer, here are your Trevenant teams! This request was made in a different meta, but luckily offensive Ghost-types like Trevenant are still great at finding holes in commonly used defensive cores, so you should still be able to get a lot of use out of these. Fielding Ghost-type attacks can be pretty hard to do in this meta, and so a lot of people go to itemless mons as a stopgap measure for dealing with this problem in building. So, I'm using Shadow Claw + Poltergeist Trevenant to wallbreak against teams that rely on this countermeasure for beating Poltergeist users. You can take this tactic a step further and even use Frisk Trevenant to guarantee you're locking into the correct Ghost-type attack, but simply scouting over the course of the battle and absorbing status is a better way to go I feel.

Many of Trevenant's offensive checks are slapped pretty hard by Togedemaru, and in exchange, Togedemaru brings in CB Trevenant for free with U-turn against the Pokemon that scare Togedemaru out, such as Sandaconda and Lanturn. Natural Cure allows Trevenant to take these Pokemon on competently, and even if they get a free turn and end up statusing Trevenant or another member of your team here, Natural Cure and Altaria's Heal Bell pretty much guarantee that these Pokemon won't be able to make any progress in battle with their status moves (Glare is broken, but so is Trevenant). Altaria keeps Trevenant and Scrafty happy by also taking on many of their offensive checks; for example, specially offensive Charizard is hard-walled and really has to go for Hurricane hax against Altaria. Even if DD Charizard manages to break Altaria, you've got Aqua Jet Kabutops in the back as insurance. Given Trevenant isn't able to function as defensive check to Fighting-types like Scrafty and Passimian, I built with Rest RH Weezing for this purpose. Rest will keep Weezing healthy in the long-term, and Altaria is there to wake Weezing up when you need it to via Heal Bell. Weezing's EV spread allows it to outspeed Modest 252 Spe Exeggutor-A, meaning that'll be forced to eat a Sludge Bomb before it gets to drop Draco here.

This Miltank version was built mostly by Roonie and then edited by me and tlenit, so credit to them! It is a bit Aggron and Archeops weak, but otherwise, it is as solid as they come and does a great job in checking the majority of the meta. Druddigon is using a defensive spread along with Rough Skin and Rocky Helmet to really pressure Dual Wingbeat Archeops, as well as provide speed control via Glare so that Trevenant has more opportunities to wallbreak. Druddigon also has SR slotted on, so that Miltank is free to drop SR for Toxic for the purpose of pressuring Froslass and other offensive Ice-types for the team. NP Toxicroak and Charizard form a really high-power, cohesive offensive core together and are really only walled by other Charizard, which can be checked by Chople Miltank (if specially offensive), Druddigon (if DD), and scarf Togedemaru. Toxicroak can also switch into Basculin and Kabutops on Charizard's behalf, while in return, Charizard can protect Toxicroak from offensive Fairy-types, like Ribombee and Whimsicott. Charizard is running Focus Blast here to pressure Regirock, Gigalith (to some extent), Guzzlord, and to OHKO Aggron, but keep in mind, Flamethrower + 1 Seismic Toss from Miltank will also KO Aggron.

I'm in love with Wishiwashi, no matter the EV spread or set. SpDef, Def investments are possible, as are Specs, RestTalk, ProTox sets. As a pivot, it is pretty much ideal for bringing in Trevenant, as many of the Pokemon that threaten Wishiwashi like Lanturn, Heliolisk, Exeggutor-A, etc. really don't like taking a hit from Trevenant. Protect Wishiwashi works well with Trevenant, as that allows you to use Trevenant's Ghost-typing to pivot accurately into choiced Fighting-types, especially Passimian. In case Wishiwashi is down and you still have to deal with Passimian, Psychic Fangs Silvally-Poison is here to save the day. It's awesome for OHKOing Toxicroak and breaking Xatu's screens in one shot, and should definitely be considered in this meta where more and more players are running screens (maybe not so much if Light Clay is banned, but more on that later!). The team has methods of pressuring Exeggutor-A and not allowing that to break: Wishiwashi's U-turn, Scrafty is running more Speed than it (and Aggron), U-turn Archeops, Silvally-Poison's Multi Attack, and so on. Both SR and removal were hard to fit onto this build, but Archeops makes that possible - if it turns out you'd prefer Archeops run dual STABs and/or Earthquake, feel free to remove SR as it's not entirely necessary for the team's success.

I can’t thank you and the others enough, all of these teams look amazing! :psyglad:

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm looking for a squad with Choice Band Aggron. Been struggling to build something with it, and since the old Aggron team is outdated, I figured it'd be beneficial to kill two birds with one stone (edge). Don't really have any specifications in regards to the team structure, though a pivot or two would be helpful.

elf_vis Here is your BD Charizard team! It contains a ton of support options that enable Charizard to reliably set up via Sub + Salac + Blaze + Belly Drum late-game. Any Charizard set lacking Heavy-Duty Boots demands a spinner / defogger that has great match-up against the SR users that commonly threaten Charizard, especially Gigalith against specially offensive variants and Regirock against physically offensive ones. Defog Gurdurr fit the bill perfectly here, as it can switch into either of them without risk, remove SR on the turn it forces them out, and sponges and capitalizes on Gigalith's / Regirock's Toxic. I also sprung for Xatu's support in keeping entry hazards off of Charizard's side of the field via Magic Bounce. Gurdurr and Xatu have great defensive synergy together, with Gurdurr taking on many of the offensive Rock-types and Psychic resists like Guzzlord, Aggron, Lycanroc, etc. for Xatu. Xatu's screens are mainly used to facilitate Charizard setting up BD while also helping Togedemaru, Lanturn, and Gurdurr take on the threats they're supposed to, ex. Togedemaru lacking SpDef bulk is liable to be broken by strong attackers like Frosmoth and Ribombee, but Xatu's screens improve that outcome. Exeggutor-A was a brainless pick here and is brought in easily by Togedemaru's U-turn, which is great for forcing in fat defensive answers to Togedemaru like Palossand, Sandaconda, Lanturn, RH Weezing, etc. and then pivoting straight into Exeggutor-A, granting it the opportunities it needs to break these SR setters and checks to physically offensive Charizard. I am running Timid here, so Exeggutor-A will be getting the drop on Weezing and Garbodor creeping Modest Exeggutor-A and Adamant Aggron respectively, which helps Gurdurr out quite a bit. A specs set is definitely possible here, but I wanted to both keep up momentum and to provide Charizard the support required for easy setup, so Sleep Powder + Eject Pack Exeggutor-A was born. Losing your Eject Pack after firing off a Timid Draco Meteor / Leaf Storm also now means Exeggutor-A is itemless, and therefore, it becomes a switch-in to the tier's various Poltergeist users and mitigates the team's weakness to it in turn. Lastly, Lanturn rounds the squad and provides Charizard with cleric support, a volt stop, and slow momentum, which are all useful against the Pokemon that force Charizard out, like opposing Togedemaru, Basculin, Heliolisk, and more. Lanturn's EV spread is custom and it's designed to creep Adamant Aggron and pressure that for Togedemaru and Xatu. This team actually has no SR user! I know, perhaps that isn't ideal, but there is still the potential for getting SR up anyway thanks to Xatu's presence, and at the same time, the team doesn't really want to spend time setting up hazards anyway. Instead, the best way to pilot this is to focus on keeping Charizard healthy by preventing and/or removing hazards with Xatu and Gurdurr and facilitating Charizard's setup via Togedemaru's Encore, Xatu's screens, and Exeggutor-A's Sleep Powder. There are a few slots here that are up for grabs; for example, Gurdurr is running High Horsepower. Mach Punch, Bulk Up, and Rock Slide are other possible options here, but High Horsepower lets it smack Toxicroak and Garbodor pretty hard and is a good use of the slot with those being more or less guaranteed to switch into Gurdurr.

Hey, Basically Hastur - I've got your bulky offense QD Ribombee + Perrserker team here for you! CB Perrserker is comparable to Aggron in terms of how hard it hits and is capable of 2HKOing nearly all Steel resists with Steely Spirit Iron Tail. The most common Steel resists that Perrserker faces in this meta are Charizard and Togedemaru; these really hate switching in with Charizard taking roughly 75% and Togedemaru taking about 50%. Other Steel resists like Lanturn address Perrserker well, but really, U-turn is the play there when you predict Lanturn coming in, which is a fine tactic for weakening Lanturn for Charizard and Kabutops. If Lanturn is healthy, pivot from Perrserker into Guzzlord so that you can make progress by hitting either an easy Draco Meteor or Knock Off. Weakening Charizard and Togedemaru by hitting your Iron Tail will also set the stage for QD Ribombee to sweep late-game. If you do misplay against Charizard, you've got a really hardy Fire resist in AV Guzzlord to support Ribombee and Perrserker, as well as an offensive check in Scarf Kabutops. In exchange, Perrserker and Charizard protect Guzzlord against opposing Fairy types, such as Aromatisse, Ribombee, and Whimsicott. Kabutops with Psycho Cut is really handy for luring and KOing Toxicroak, which can do quite a bit of damage here if it's able to force out Perrserker or Guzzlord and use that free turn to set up either NP or SD. Toxicroak should never be able to sweep this team though, given that NP Toxicroak is checked by your own Charizard, and SD Toxicroak is handled by Palossand, so you should be fine against Toxicroak even with Kabutops as your main form of speed control here.

Hey dunderguy - Arctovish was taken by NU briefly but came back down with the last shift, so I decided to build both your original request of Sub Slush Rush Arctovish and Cinccino. There are a lot of avenues you can go with Arctovish on the team below, but SubHail Slush Rush was a lot of fun and netted me some surprise wins. Water Absorb + Boots + Fishious Rend / Icicle Crash / Freeze-Dry / Substitute is also of course viable, as is a choiced variant with Psychic Fangs in the last slot for both removing Toxicroak from the game and breaking opposing screens when up against Xatu screens Hyper Offense teams. I tested all sorts of Arctovish sets with this team and each worked fine - use what you feel like here! The Palossand spread is designed to take on Lanturn and Heliolisk better, given that you're using DD Charizard and Arctovish here and need bulky pivot Lanturn weakened especially so that DD Charizard isn't forced to eat a Scald. Heliolisk is annoying too, as it's a guessing game whether it'll be locking into Surf / HVoice / Volt Switch, or even if it's choice-locked as it could be running Heavy-Duty Boots instead, so Palossand being able to stay in and hit it with a Ground-type move is pretty useful for its teammates. In reverse, Charizard with 1 or 2 DDs under its belt breaks Heliolisk and Lanturn so that Arctovish can Sub down late-game and sweep thanks to this weird set I made. Be careful against Exeggutor-A here, though; if it comes in on Palossand on a double switch, you're more or less pressured to pivot to Whimsicott, but that doesn't eat Specs Leaf Storms well and is OHKOed by Flamethrower. However, if your opponent's strategy relies on bringing in Exeggutor-A via U-turn (a much more common tactic to use in tandem with Specs Exeggutor-A), switch directly to Eject Button Palossand, which will then send Palossand out and keep Passimian / Togedemaru in, allowing you to bring in DD Charizard to sweep with DD in response.

The Cinccino team was also fun to use (the breaker and hazard removal slots are very flexible, so I had a lot of different configs here - Defog can fit on Charizard or Cinccino and Rapid Spin on Alolan Sandslash, with CB being usable on Cinccino / Alolan Sandslash + Specs usable on Charizard / Whimsicott). The main idea however is to using Sandaconda's Glare and Qwilfish's Thunder Wave to open up opportunities for CB Cinccino to spam its multi-hit moves. Additionally, use Cinccino's U-turn to bring in and break Cinccino's defensive checks with 3 attacks + Roost Charizard. In current meta, a lot of players view using defensive picks like Sandaconda as a liability in the face of strong breakers like Exeggutor-A, so my remedy here was to create a surefire lure in Coil + Dragon Rush Sandaconda while also ensuring that no other member of the team lets it in for free (Poison Jab Qwilfish, U-Turn CB Cinccino, Hurricane Charizard, Alolan Sandslash, and Whimsicott all pressure Exeggutor-A). This Sandaconda EV spread will outspeed even Timid Alolan Exeggutor while also always OHKOing variants lacking bulk with +1 Dragon Rush (Coil as you predict a switch, then hit Dragon Rush).

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1338422337-7y538bb9i9bvtjuphamsmbi64hhehqipw ban king's rock!

Hey, iceblazer, here are your Trevenant teams! This request was made in a different meta, but luckily offensive Ghost-types like Trevenant are still great at finding holes in commonly used defensive cores, so you should still be able to get a lot of use out of these. Fielding Ghost-type attacks can be pretty hard to do in this meta, and so a lot of people go to itemless mons as a stopgap measure for dealing with this problem in building. So, I'm using Shadow Claw + Poltergeist Trevenant to wallbreak against teams that rely on this countermeasure for beating Poltergeist users. You can take this tactic a step further and even use Frisk Trevenant to guarantee you're locking into the correct Ghost-type attack, but simply scouting over the course of the battle and absorbing status via Natural Cure is a better way to go I feel.

Many of Trevenant's offensive checks are slapped pretty hard by Togedemaru, and in exchange, Togedemaru brings in CB Trevenant for free with U-turn against the Pokemon that scare Togedemaru out, such as Sandaconda and Lanturn. Natural Cure allows Trevenant to take these Pokemon on competently, and even if they get a free turn and end up statusing Trevenant or another member of your team here, Natural Cure and Altaria's Heal Bell pretty much guarantee that these Pokemon won't be able to make any progress in battle with their status moves (Glare is broken, but so is Trevenant!). Altaria keeps Trevenant and Scrafty happy by also taking on many of their offensive checks; for example, specially offensive Charizard is hard-walled and really has to go for Hurricane hax against Altaria. Even if DD Charizard manages to break Altaria, you've got Aqua Jet Kabutops in the back as insurance. Given that Trevenant isn't able to function as a defensive check to Fighting-types like Scrafty and Passimian, I built with Rest RH Weezing for this purpose. Rest will keep Weezing healthy in the long-term, and Altaria is there to wake Weezing up when you need it to via Heal Bell. Weezing's EV spread allows it to outspeed Modest 252 Spe Exeggutor-A, meaning that'll be forced to eat a Sludge Bomb before it gets to drop Draco here.

This Miltank version was built mostly by Roonie and then was edited by me and tlenit, so credit to them! It is a bit Aggron and Archeops weak, but otherwise, it is as solid a team as they come and does a great job in checking the majority of the meta. Druddigon is using a defensive spread along with Rough Skin and Rocky Helmet to really pressure Dual Wingbeat Archeops, as well as provide speed control via Glare so that Trevenant has more opportunities to wallbreak. Druddigon also has SR slotted on, so that Miltank is free to drop SR for Toxic for the purpose of pressuring Froslass and other offensive Ice-types for the team. NP Toxicroak and Charizard form a really high-power, cohesive offensive core together and are really only walled by other Charizard, which can be checked by Chople Miltank (if specially offensive), Druddigon (if DD), and scarf Togedemaru. Toxicroak can also switch into Basculin and Kabutops on Charizard's behalf, while in return, Charizard can protect Toxicroak from offensive Fairy-types, like Ribombee and Whimsicott. Charizard is running Focus Blast here to pressure Regirock, Gigalith (to some extent), Guzzlord, and to OHKO Aggron, but keep in mind, Flamethrower + 1 Seismic Toss from Miltank will also KO Aggron.

I'm in love with Wishiwashi, no matter the EV spread or set. SpDef and Def investments are possible, as are Specs, RestTalk, and ProTox movesets. As a pivot, Wishiwashi is pretty much ideal for bringing in Trevenant, as many of the Pokemon that threaten Wishiwashi like Lanturn, Heliolisk, Exeggutor-A, etc. can't really afford taking a hit Trevenant. Protect Wishiwashi works well with Trevenant, as that allows you to use Trevenant's Ghost-typing to pivot accurately into choiced Fighting-types, especially Passimian. In case Wishiwashi is down and you still have to deal with Passimian, Psychic Fangs Silvally-Poison is here to save the day; it's awesome for OHKOing Toxicroak and breaking Xatu's screens in one shot, and should definitely be considered in this meta where more and more players are running screens (maybe not so much if Light Clay is banned, but more on that later!). The team has methods of pressuring Exeggutor-A and not allowing that to wallbreak: Wishiwashi's U-turn, Scrafty is running more Speed than it (and Aggron), U-turn Archeops, Silvally-Poison's Multi Attack, and so on. Both SR and removal were hard to fit onto this build, but Archeops makes that possible - if it turns out you'd prefer Archeops run dual STABs and/or Earthquake, feel free to remove SR as it's not entirely necessary for the team's success.

YOU'RE AWESOME! Thank you so much, I love the team and will hit the ladder with as soon as I get some free time!!

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
Hi! I would like a Scarf Moxie Pinsir HO team, It's a cool mon with a good moveset
Hey, W4T3RZZ - I've got some Scarf Moxie Pinsir teams here for you! Most end-games look like this if you're able to keep hazards up and remove boots via Corrosive Gas / Knock Off:

1622422786431.png

:Scrafty::Archeops::Exeggutor-Alola::Qwilfish::Togedemaru::Pinsir:

Some other versions that were good too, but didn't quite count as Hyper Offense:

:Hitmontop::Archeops::Guzzlord::Garbodor::Togedemaru::Pinsir:

:Claydol::Silvally-Fairy::Guzzlord::Qwilfish::Sandslash-Alola::Pinsir: (v1)
:Claydol::Silvally-Fairy::Guzzlord::Qwilfish::Sandslash-Alola::Pinsir: (v2)
First thing's first, which nature do you use on Scarf Pinsir? I'd argue Jolly in most cases; outpacing base 80 Choice Scarf users like Mesprit, Passimian, and Kabutops is pretty important. However, if these Pokemon are accounted for already, you do have the option of going Adamant with these calcs coming into play:

:Tsareena:
252 Atk Pinsir X-Scissor vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tsareena: 258-306 (90.5 - 107.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
vs
252+ Atk Pinsir X-Scissor vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tsareena: 284-336 (99.6 - 117.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
:Toxicroak:
252 Atk Pinsir Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Toxicroak: 300-354 (97.7 - 115.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
vs
252+ Atk Pinsir Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Toxicroak: 328-388 (106.8 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Next, Pinsir is strong, but really needs SR / Spikes support to score the KOs it needs to activate Moxie. So, I added Explosion Qwilfish / Corrosive Gas Garbodor to pressure their respective switch-ins while getting Spikes up and keeping momentum. Next, an offensive SR user like Archeops was perfect for the HO version; weakening Regirock with Endeavor for example sets the stage for Pinsir to clean. On the fatter version of the squad, Archeops is used to bring in and 2HKO Regirock with a combination of Power Herb Meteor Beam + Earth Power.
SR SpA-invested Claydol was slapped on as offensive glue for the BO version, and it's got both Ice Beam / Earth Power with some Speed so these squads aren't as liable to broken by Exeggutor-A and Aggron given the resists for both wallbreakers are run with offensive spreads.
The HO version actually doesn't bother with hazard removal! But, the offense / BO versions run with Hitmontop / offensive Sandslash-A, respectively, and they're both strong enough to clean late-game, especially SD + Rapid Spin Sandslash-A (see the replays below). Hitmontop can 2HKO standard Charizard with a combination of Rapid Spin + Triple Axel, if run with an Adamant nature:

252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Rapid Spin vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard: 90-106 (30.3 - 35.6%) -- 32.6% chance to 3HKO
+
252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard: 216-255 (72.7 - 85.8%) -- approx. 2HKO

Protective Pads + Triple Axel is great for bringing in any walls that would stop Pinsir cold or prevent it from locking into X-Scissor, ex. Druddigon, Weezing, Palossand, Sandaconda, Garbodor, etc., and what's more, they have incentive to switch into Triple Axel if they're using Rocky Helmet. So, both Hitmontop and Sandslash-A should be breaking those before Pinsir comes in to clean.
With full hazards in play and a Fire+Flying weakness building, Guzzlord was an easy add. Like Pinsir, Guzzlord cleaning up late-game via Beast Boost is facilitated by hazards, and at the same time, Guzzlord provides a fat check to Charizard (if AV) so that you're not overly reliant on Scarf Pinsir positioning itself in order to check it with Stone Edge. Timid Specs Guzzlord outspeeds Modest Exeggutor-A, BU Scrafty, and Adamant Aggron, which is another path the team can take to avoid being broken by those.
On the HO version, I went with a similar tactic and used OTR Exeggutor-A to clean late-game; Petaya Harvest is a tech I tried out because I kept noticing Exeggutor-A living in that 25% range, and while Harvest boosts aren't super consistent, they happened enough that I kept Petaya + Harvest for the final version.
Lastly, Togedemaru was slotted on to address a growing weakness to Ice-types and offensive Fairies like Whimsicott and Ribombee. Looking at this squad, you'd think Pinsir is SD and Togedemaru is running Scarf, so CB on Togedemaru and CS on Pinsir usually throws the opposition for a loop.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1350369499-k1vzeu1tr9vgxperbom4fuygeo05k3npw (HO version) vs bulbabrain
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1350297034-3xaahyxntwi2rsnhts0lkspfffqs2wnpw (HO version)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1350281888-owa5hjnici9a6xfojjk3n2xc5pgrg3hpw (HO version)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1350281888-owa5hjnici9a6xfojjk3n2xc5pgrg3hpw (HO version)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1348247893-848bgve3thp5brrebpu6mq9z57hroowpw (BO version) vs ayo sb
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1346949743-5dw4ssaakoveqq428dwyn1rdsxpg5tipw (reg O)

Hey, W4T3RZZ - I've got some Scarf Moxie Pinsir teams here for you! Most end-games look like this if you're able to keep hazards up and remove boots via Corrosive Gas / Knock Off:

View attachment 345339

:Scrafty::Archeops::Exeggutor-Alola::Qwilfish::Togedemaru::Pinsir:

Some other versions that were good too, but didn't quite count as Hyper Offense:

:Hitmontop::Archeops::Guzzlord::Garbodor::Togedemaru::Pinsir:

:Claydol::Silvally-Fairy::Guzzlord::Qwilfish::Sandslash-Alola::Pinsir: (v1)
:Claydol::Silvally-Fairy::Guzzlord::Qwilfish::Sandslash-Alola::Pinsir: (v2)
First thing's first, which nature do you use on Scarf Pinsir? I'd argue Jolly in most cases; outpacing base 80 Choice Scarf users like Mesprit, Passimian, and Kabutops is pretty important. However, if these Pokemon are accounted for already, you do have the option of going Adamant with these calcs coming into play:

:Tsareena:
252 Atk Pinsir X-Scissor vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tsareena: 258-306 (90.5 - 107.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
vs
252+ Atk Pinsir X-Scissor vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tsareena: 284-336 (99.6 - 117.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
:Toxicroak:
252 Atk Pinsir Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Toxicroak: 300-354 (97.7 - 115.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
vs
252+ Atk Pinsir Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Toxicroak: 328-388 (106.8 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Next, Pinsir is strong, but really needs SR / Spikes support to score the KOs it needs to activate Moxie. So, I added Explosion Qwilfish / Corrosive Gas Garbodor to pressure their respective switch-ins while getting Spikes up and keeping momentum. Next, an offensive SR user like Archeops was perfect for the HO version; weakening Regirock with Endeavor for example sets the stage for Pinsir to clean. On the fatter version of the squad, Archeops is used to bring in and 2HKO Regirock with a combination of Power Herb Meteor Beam + Earth Power.
SR SpA-invested Claydol was slapped on as offensive glue for the BO version, and it's got both Ice Beam / Earth Power with some Speed so these squads aren't as liable to broken by Exeggutor-A and Aggron given the resists for both wallbreakers are run with offensive spreads.
The HO version actually doesn't bother with hazard removal! But, the offense / BO versions run with Hitmontop / offensive Sandslash-A, respectively, and they're both strong enough to clean late-game, especially SD + Rapid Spin Sandslash-A (see the replays below). Hitmontop can 2HKO standard Charizard with a combination of Rapid Spin + Triple Axel, if run with an Adamant nature:

252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Rapid Spin vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard: 90-106 (30.3 - 35.6%) -- 32.6% chance to 3HKO
+
252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard: 216-255 (72.7 - 85.8%) -- approx. 2HKO

Protective Pads + Triple Axel is great for bringing in any walls that would stop Pinsir cold or prevent it from locking into X-Scissor, ex. Druddigon, Weezing, Palossand, Sandaconda, Garbodor, etc., and what's more, they have incentive to switch into Triple Axel if they're using Rocky Helmet. So, both Hitmontop and Sandslash-A should be breaking those before Pinsir comes in to clean.
With full hazards in play and a Fire+Flying weakness building, Guzzlord was an easy add. Like Pinsir, Guzzlord cleaning up late-game via Beast Boost is facilitated by hazards, and at the same time, Guzzlord provides a fat check to Charizard (if AV) so that you're not overly reliant on Scarf Pinsir positioning itself in order to check it with Stone Edge. Timid Specs Guzzlord outspeeds Modest Exeggutor-A, BU Scrafty, and Adamant Aggron, which is another path the team can take to avoid being broken by those.
On the HO version, I went with a similar tactic and used OTR Exeggutor-A to clean late-game; Petaya Harvest is a tech I tried out because I kept noticing Exeggutor-A living in that 25% range, and while Harvest boosts aren't super consistent, they happened enough that I kept Petaya + Harvest for the final version.
Lastly, Togedemaru was slotted on to address a growing weakness to Ice-types and offensive Fairies like Whimsicott and Ribombee. Looking at this squad, you'd think Pinsir is SD and Togedemaru is running Scarf, so CB on Togedemaru and CS on Pinsir usually throws the opposition for a loop.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1350369499-k1vzeu1tr9vgxperbom4fuygeo05k3npw (HO version) vs bulbabrain
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1350297034-3xaahyxntwi2rsnhts0lkspfffqs2wnpw (HO version)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1348247893-848bgve3thp5brrebpu6mq9z57hroowpw (BO version) vs ayo sb
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1346949743-5dw4ssaakoveqq428dwyn1rdsxpg5tipw (reg O)
Thanks! I will start using it rn

Hello,

I love PU but I don't know how to make a good team.
I like balanced team with a pivot.
Can you make a team with Galvantula and/or Passimian has a pivot ?

May be an exemple ?
Galvantula @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Volt Switch
- Bug Buzz
- Thunder

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Help me please ^^

Hello, I‘d like to request a team around SD Scyther. I think it‘s a super interesting moon with a lot of potential, but I can‘t quite figure out how to make it work. Any help is appreciated :)

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
We'll be finishing up the requests that came in pretty soon here, but these teams will all be delayed due to eggy-a ban + july tier shift changing the meta significantly, as well as many of the builders here being tied up with creating teams for PUPL. Thanks for waiting in the meantime!

Leni

formerly tlenit
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RUPL Champion
Hello,

I love PU but I don't know how to make a good team.
I like balanced team with a pivot.
Can you make a team with Galvantula and/or Passimian has a pivot ?

May be an exemple ?
Galvantula @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Volt Switch
- Bug Buzz
- Thunder

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Help me please ^^
Heyyyyy there. Sorry for the wait. PUPL happened and everyone been focusing on that. Got you team with Galvantula and in all honesty during PUPL it caught my eye as well. It seems to be very good at its job and under prepped.

Without further chitchats, let me break you the team:

:galvantula: - :wishiwashi: - :togedemaru: - :palossand: - :whimsicott: - :silvally: dragon (click to open team)

As noted earlier I believe Galvantula is good at its job. Altho, as suggested, I prefer 4atk set to be as annoying as possible for opponents team. Giga drain > energy ball as grass move is very helpful against Lanturn-Gigalith special walls that otherwise might get to chip you with scald/sandstream. Since most teams are not weak to hazards thanks to boots, it was very easy and safe to drop sticky webs out. All in all, I have felt clicking between thunder, bug buzz and giga drain has been very easy. Strong stab with chance to para is also extremely annoying for opponents team to come in.

The defensive core of wishiwashi - togedemaru aims to get physical walls like Weezing, Palossand and Quagsire to come in to bring Galvantula in with u-turn. In togedemarus case we get to u-turn sometimes against Charizard as well which gives Galvantula a free move to click again thanks to its amazing speed tier. Liquidation on Wishiwashi is for Gigalith and special setup sweepers like Ribombee. To complete the defensive core we have rocky helmet Palossand to punish u-turners and get progress that way and possible stealth rocks up and block volt turns. Togedemaru can afford thanks to Palossand to use Iron barbs and is made to be poltergeist switch in while chipping power whip (Gourgeist - Trevenant) and triple axel users (Froslass and A-Slash, latter is not poltergeist user, but has its usage rising as of late) with iron barbs.

The extra speed control and wincon section was a bit trickier while building this than I thought. Decided to have Silvally-Dragon as wincon sweeper which is one of the Silvallies that does not see too much of usage. 120 multi attack with base 80 Iron head as coverage for Fairies is really good. Originally I did think of having Silvally Fairy to have better match up against dragons like Drampa, but this is where Whimsicott comes into picture. Whimsicott took the fairy slot and freed Silvallys typing entirely. Whimsicotts set is very unusual switcheroo-defog + 2atks. Idea is to exchange items early game with possible Aggrons, Charizards or Gigaliths. You appreciate every single ones items in trade, and opponent definitely wont love the change. Psychic is very straight forward for Weezing. Our team doesnt really love to play against toxic spikes (altho not the biggest problem) or taking possible rocky helmet/will o wisp from Weezing with our wincon Silvally. Basically we are making room for our wincon to do its job.

This team was used during PUPL vs Chlo in case you find urself interested in taking a look of the team in action. If you have any follow up questions, feel free to reach me out. If you want to try out other Silvallies or other wincons on last slot, feel free! It after all is very flexible slot as far as I have been playing with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)