Resource SwSh Post-CT CAP Bazaar

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Fuck it reviving this:
The Boys
:garchomp: :heatran: :zapdos: :tapu-fini: :chromera: :buzzwole:

Lets go over this team. First slot is SD Aqua Tail Garchomp which is an all-around great breaker, sweeper, and well, Zeraora resist. Specifically it forces damage onto Balloon Tran, Spdef Lando, and can technically chip Arghonaut, though Argh absolutely is a horrid matchup for this team. Also its my secondary Zapdos check. Chromera is my secondary breaker / sweeper and also forces damage into Spdef Lando, appreciates literally all the breaking that Garchomp does, and is just a good feller, while being a workable Pex annoyer. I should note it also helps out a ton into Specs lele, cause suddenly Heatran only has to take one psychic before getting out of dodge.

The Defensive core here is spdef tect heatran, which is notable for being unable to die, pdef fog Zapdos, which is a bad set that sorta works here, and then there's a pseudo-offensive/defensive core of Trick Scarf Fini, which acts as my secondary pult check, and Buzzwole, which secures the matchup into Ground-types for Zapdos.

This is a fairly easy to play double breaker / sweeper team that has some bad matchups (Arghonaut requires impeccable play or a lucky Toxic, CM Fini is not fun, a well played Pult/Koko can eat), but overall is good enough to work. I'll edit in replays from SSNL if I care enough.

Steam Buns

:rosetriumph:
is a Pre-Contributor
So I've been pretty absent from SS tours for the past few months, but when I do play I almost exclusively use Trick Room. I wanted to share the main structure that I settled on as well as the thought process behind building trick room, because I think it's a very strong choice in the meta.

:fidgit::cresselia::glastrier::stakataka::primarina:
1653798114857.png
- https://pokepast.es/89cedc27b9c6ad8c

As a quick aside, this team has a pretty awful stall matchup, which you can't always afford to have, but I don't mind it with how great it is against everything else you will run into.

When building TR there are lot of roadblocks to work around if you want a team to be anything more than a matchup coinflip, you need to waste as few turns as possible switching around and make progress as quickly as possible, then when you do reposition you gotta do it without taking too much damage which means your abusers need to effective breakers while also making a reliable defensive core. It's also important your opponent doesn't get enough momentum to snowball with a setup sweeper that outspeeds your entire team.

Fidgit @ Air Balloon
Ability: Persistent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick Room
- U-turn
- Encore
- Earth Power

Fidgit obviously is necessary but if you ask me so is this particular set. A smart opponent is going to be playing anti-fidgit even while dealing with your other pokemon, fast encore takes away that luxury by giving you a free trick room either after a teammate goes down, the opponent sets up or you switch in to a resisted hit. It's not uncommon for this set to get trick room up two or more times per game. The speed also lets you slow pivot into an abuser after trick room goes up, as well as check threats like nihilego or revenge kill weakened opponents.

Cresselia (F) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Lunar Dance
- Future Sight
- Toxic

Glastrier @ Life Orb
Ability: Chilling Neigh
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Icicle Spear
- Close Combat
- High Horsepower
- Swords Dance

Cresselia and Glastrier are also both pretty much mandatory but less so than fidgit, cress is the next best trick room setter because of it's insane bulk and lunar dance, it's like the teams last line of defense being basically guaranteed to live any one hit and get trick room back up. Future sight is there to help the other mons take out arghonaut, while toxic deals with setup and passive walls. Glastrier is just overwhelming strong, easily the best trick room abuser, icicle spear is there because you really can't afford to miss an attack.

Stakataka @ Metal Coat
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 13 Def / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Heat Crash

Staka is here because I like having an offensive setter and think it's easily the best, it's defensive utility is fantastic and beast boost lets it snowball after a single KO which is usually an autowin against offense teams

Primarina @ Throat Spray
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Calm Mind
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Primarina is my favourite part of this team, it's fantastic because of it's typing which offensively is near impossible to switch into and also let's it switch into mons like heatran and urshifu which the rest of the team struggles to do

Venomicon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 156 SpA / 100 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Earth Power
- Air Slash

Finally venomicon rounds out the team defensively healping deal with threats like revenankh pyroak and pajantom among others.

EDIT 6/25/22:
an improvement over the prev build ... feel free to pm me questions, just what I'll note here is the Voodoom spread is to help a little more against Dragapult which can be an issue for the team: CAP Voodoom 6/25/22 (pokepast.es)
P.S. thanks to Da Pizza Man for the aOrb Chomp inspiration

OG post:
Just felt like sharing my attempt at Voodoom, which honestly deserves its low ranking and is hard to build around effectively. Still I find the team fun to use; its a little bit Darkshifu-era-esque.
Voodoom - June 2022 (pokepast.es)

Last edited:
EDIT: August 8th, 2022 : encountered some pretty big flaws, so here's yet another upgrade. Sorry it takes me a while to come up with a decent team:
voodoom 220808 + raja & vile (pokepast.es)

///

Sorry this is a Voodoom double post, but I think the team below is generally better than the previous ones.
Seems to be somewhat better vs Saharaja which wasn't around yet with the earlier teams.
Further description of the team is in the paste.
This team is intended for ladder use, and I'm open to suggested improvements.
Enjoy :)

Voodoom 220730 (pokepast.es)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)