Resource SwSh Post-CT CAP Bazaar

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Approved by Mx

Welcome to the Sword and Shield CAP Bazaar that covers the post-Crown Tundra metagame. this threadis designed to be an informal team-sharing environment compared to the "Rate My Team" subforum. Here are the standard guidelines that you must at least adhere to when posting teams:
  • Please make sure you've tested your team.
  • Please provide a short description of the team explaining what it is and what it does (a couple sentences is preferred but no more than a paragraph) and an importable for the team (pokepaste, or plaintext hidden in spoiler tags).
  • Make sure you have permission to post a team and aren't just obviously copying someone's team
A typical post might look like this, a post from the previous thread.

Yo, this is not my team at all, its something that I just think we as a meta have settled upon due to its sheer power. But here's standard.exe:

Equilibra @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 48 SpA / 128 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Doom Desire
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Slack Off

Urshifu @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Wicked Blow
- U-turn
- Close Combat

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Volt Switch
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Astrolotl @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 Atk / 104 SpD / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Fire Lash
- Knock Off
- Wish

Tomohawk @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Stealth Rock
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Very simple team to play; you got 1000 ways to grab momentum with Zera and Slowking, Delayed move spam can guarantee a KO every time you get Shifu in, and standard as hell King/Libra/Tomo defensive core means you're generally pretty prepped vs the meta.

With all that said and done, happy posting! I'm excited to see what kinds of teams get dropped here in the next couple weeks following the end of Snake Draft!

Last edited:

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
With the end of week 5, the Libras are sadly out of contention, so I wanted to drop some of my favorite SWSH builds I've made this season.

:dragapult: :melmetal: :cinderace: :slowking: :tomohawk: :colossoil:

After a fun night talking about the latest Ben Gay teamdump in OU, I ended up adapting an idea from it into maybe my favorite ladder team as of late here. CB Pult honestly feels super fun to use, and is super unexpected right now- I do think it's pretty solid and think I should give it a more serious look for the future. This team also put me onto spamming Melm more later in the season.

:corviknight: :garchomp: :slowking galar: :ferrothorn: :hydreigon: :clefable:

Another team that just didn't really see the light of day, but I really enjoyed building at least, was this BU Corvi squad. Mixed rocks Chomp is fun, but probably not very good anymore- though, like the CB Pult squad, put me onto a mon I think is absolutely crazy in SlowkingG.

:melmetal: :astrolotl: :slowking: :landorus-therian: :mandibuzz: :zeraora:

This ended up seeing use just this last week as one of the teams that got brought for Number Man vs Volt in the Bo3. Simple "does astro melm work" led to what might be my favorite build this year? Astro is genuinely absurd in general, pairs really well with so much. Melm is also pretty nuts if you ask me. Zera was added for some semblance of speed, and though I wasn't super sold on it originally, I find it surprisingly really solid albeit niche. Unfortunately, this didn't come out with a win in a close game against sun, but it did let this next team pick up a win.

:slowking-galar: :astrolotl: :rillaboom: :mandibuzz: :equilibra: :tomohawk:

Here's g3's team for that series, another one of my favorites this season. I wanted to use NP KingG after originally considering it really bad compared to the standard AV set, and was very much proven wrong as I tested this. Again, Astro makes an appearance, as does a very... I suppose greedy build on the Mandibuzz, dual dark stabs and U-Turn over Defog, leaving the hazard removal job to Libra. Again, very happy with this build, and it picked up a big time win to help us end our season off with a win.

Special shoutouts to the Libras- all of yall are some of the best players and the most fun I've been around on this site, and I really hope the non CAP mains stick around for future events- and the Todds+the CAP discord voice chat regulars, both for a genuinely hilarious season and helping me improve a lot through the season. Eagerly looking forward to more Celebi SM in the upcoming tour and hopefully avenging my loss to D2 from playtest when Winter Seasonal opens up.

Steam Buns

:rosetriumph:
is a Pre-Contributor
It's all over for the Brattlers... the greatest team ever has somehow been defeated, but there is a silver lining!
I can finally bestow all my beautiful creations upon the wider cap community.

Now in all honesty while I pulled it together towards the end, my battling for much of the snake draft wasn't great, my building however I was quite pleased with from the beginning. I think I've really come a long way as a builder over the course of the year and I'm feeling fairly confident in what was once one of my weakest assets as a competitor.

Anyways, here my favourite teams I built in preparation for and during the cap snake draft! I'll start off with the ones I feel are the best

:latias: :tomohawk: :dragapult: :blissey: :victini: :equilibra:

This would probably be the team I'm most proud of. The day crown tundra first came out I made a team featuring CM Latias and felt like it had a lot of potential, which is what led me to make this, its ability to serve as a defensive backbone to a team as swell as a sweeper is really nice, especially when paired with heal bell support. This teams merits lie mostly in how hard it is to break through, having a very solid defensive core and solid revenge killers, I especially like how the combo of blissey and pult is a hard to stop to all spectrier sets. - used by me w4 vs drippyt

:pajantom: :equilibra: :clefable: :mandibuzz: :arghonaut: :victini:

Adamant CB Pajantom is totally slept on (pun intended), sacrificing speed for power and bulk lets pajantom actually function as a spinblocker and makes it almost impossible to switch in against, or genuinely impossible to switch in against once backed by doom desire. Paj also happens to switch in with ease to many of equilibras most common checks forming a combo that wreaks havoc on the fat teams of this meta, the rest of this team is just fat bs with a scarf victini to tie it together, wish pass clef being another mon that synergises really well with libra.
- used by roxie w3 vs lasen

:tapu bulu: :cyclohm: :heatran: :tomohawk: :blissey: :urshifu:

This team is a lotta fun, it's a little silly how many times I'd load up this team to test and sub toxic bulu won at preveiw, blowing water types away with nature power heatran also never gets old. This is a team that went through many revisions it initially had leech seed over horn leech on bulu, which I realised made it useless against magic guard and substitute users. The first version of the team also just couldn't break past blissey, heatran would continuously come in and be forced to switch out eventually being whittled down, this led to 2 changes: I replaced what was flash cannon with body press, and gave cyclohm volt switch over flamethrower, letting me chip blissey without losing momentum and 2hko it with heatran after the chip.
- used by me w5 vs quziel

:corviknight: :cyclohm: :swampert: :jumbao: :dragapult: :heatran:

This is a team that I have hardly tested but I think it's very solid, It has great synergy between all of the mons corv and pert do a good job of keeping momentum clohm and bao keep the team healthy and it's backed up by a very threatening offensive duo of specs tran and cb pult which I feel are both underrated choices in this meta. - used by me w3 vs ryan

:pelipper: :kingdra: :cawmodore: :urshifu: :seismitoad: :mollux:

A team that didn't see use in the tour, it's a fun rain build with somewhat non-standard choices for the playstyle, while barraskewda is definitely the most effective rain abuser at the moment, I don't think its a necessity on rain teams and this team definitely functions without it, although I didn't test this one much either.

:tyranitar: :excadrill: :jumbao: :magnezone: :toxapex: :latios:
Another team that didn't get used. This time a sand team, built around the premise of using magnet rise bpress magnezone and eject button pex, to trap steels in the way of an exca sweep. Perhaps not quite as reliable as the teams above it, but by no means bad and definitely another fun one.

:toxapex: :miasmaw: :landorus-therian: :kerfluffle: :mandibuzz: :heatran:

This was my attempt to make use of miasmeh, the idea was that with tspikes up and a nasty plot you could take out anything with ep tbolt and venoshock, making use of the fact that ngas negates levitate and mgaurd. While I think the concept had potential the rest of the team sucked defensively against a lot of common mons, and maw doesn't get venoshock anymore so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . - used w2 vs pdt

:stakataka: :astrolotl: :amoonguss: :spectrier: :zapdos-galar: :equilibra:

Nothing to say about this team just that if you choose to borrow it, remember that with great power comes great responsibility. - used by me w1 vs stresh

That's everything I feel like sharing, shoutout's to everyone on the brattlers it was a great team to be a part of, good lucks to the teams still fighting it out!

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Thanks SHSP and my lovely team mate againa for letting me do a team dump of my own without double posting. The Brattlers are also, unfortunately, out of playoff contention, which means I can share a lot of the silly techs I bould over the course of this tour as well. I did a lot of building, and I'm excited to share these dumb, yet effective, teams with you all. Click on the set of 6 mons to get to the pastes, and give the music a listen if you can.

To build, I basically went into either the "OU Next Best Thing" or "OU Good Cores" threads and found something "cute" to build around. Additionally, given the amount of non-CAP players in this tournament, I went into building mindsets designed to throw off players who might be relying on standard builds from a majority of players. Sometimes, I went a little overboard, but typically there's at least two slightly unconventional sets on every team in one way or another. Wouldn't recommend these teams for a beginner, but that's ok.

:slowbro: :colossoil: :melmetal: :tomohawk: :cinderace: :jumbao:

Brought this Week 1 against K3ppr. I was fully expecting some kind of HO, but I wasn't expecting them to bring Trick room, but I think that ended up being fine. This was still in the Mosa meta, so I wouldn't call this team a great reflection of the current meta, but I digress. I wanted to initially build around Slowbro + Blissey, but along the way Blissey get replaced by Colossoil as it was a better Spect answer and Electric immunity. This was also when the Protect sets on Melm ere gaining popularity over Band, and I think my match against K3ppr showed why they're particularly effective. Since this is balance, Haze Hawk was necessary in order to stop dumb snowballing, and I threw Ace on there just because you can really put Ace on most teams as a Cawm check. Jumbao exists as a water resists as well and a general answer to Mandibuzz which otherwise gave the team a LOT of problems.

Nicknames from this album:

:pelipper: :regieleki: :kartana: :barraskewda: :urshifu: :volkraken:

Made this team to generally test tams against rain, and I ended up coming around to this team a lot to the point where I nearly brought it Week 2. While I didn't i still think this is a cute lil team that puts in a lot of work in Rain. I wanted to use Thunder Regielecki with a Magnet to make sure you're not locked into Specs damage. This was also paired around Kartana, the other mon I wanted to build with at this point since Kartana is an effective Ground-type mon remover. From there it was a matter of adding Skewda because how can you not on Rain, and then an way to deal with Ferrothorn. I wanted to give Bulk Up pads Urshifu-S a try here since that way you actually have a secondary wincon, and you're not dying to Future Sights. Scarf Volkraken wraps the team up, blowing holes into oppposing teams like no one's business when it comes to forcing switches. Honestly, you could probably use this team right ow just by switching Surf for Scorching Sands.

:cursola: :fidgit: :melmetal: :hatterene: :crawdaunt: :stakataka:

Like with the rain team, I needed a general Trick Room Team to help my players test against this ridiculous archetype. I have always loved Cursola, and I've never been able to really make it work, but this team is really quite cool. Cursola's Perish Body, you can basically use it as a free pivot after 3 turns which I found to be really useful in keeping momentum. Obviously it wasn't foolproof, but Cursola hits surprisingly hard with its amazing coverage and can live quite a number of hits. Fidgit is a natural partner on Trick Room, which is cool too. Then from there you need just more breakers, so Melmetal and Crawdaunt works as acting as a way to break through special walls too. Of course, any good Trick Room team with have three setters, so I opted for Hatterene over Cresselia for the offensive presence, and then Stakataka as a win condition. One might argue that having two physical steel types is redundant, but Staka's ability to boost under Trick Room is too useful to give up. Ultimate, not a tour team, but one of my favorite non-tour match teams.

:tapu fini: :magnezone: :jumbao: :landorus-therian: :garchomp: :cinderace:

Arguably the most "heat" team in this dump, but I don't care. Roxiee brought a version of this team to their match Week 3 but replaced Zone with Mage iirc, but I stand by Zone being just as effective. I was testing a lot with the Libras all tour and Dex kept bringing Poison Jab Toxapex to tests from craing's team dump. I was using a lot of CM Taunt Fini at the time and I was getting fed up with it consistently losing, thus began my quest to find the Fini that didn't immediately lose to Pex. I decided to drop Taunt for Stored power as a better way to deal with Pex as well as Arghonaut, Blissey and Amoongus. As some may have seen in my single room tour win, this team put in a to of work. Zone was added here since Fini had serious problems with dealing with mons like Ferrothorn and Melmetal, and I had seen this Zone set in the "Next Best Thing" thread, and I instantly knew that was the move. It's so fun setting up an Iron Defense and then just clicking BP. You live a nonbanded EQ from Melm and that's really cool. Even against Mage you can win 1v1. But then I was like, "you know what else would be fun here to beat fat waters that are Electric Immune? Specs Jumbao". Specs Jumbao is really cool and does like 64% to bulky Astro which scared a LOT of people when they first saw it. Typically nothing likes switching in on this coverage, and then you can always HWish to give yourself momentum late game. From there I needed speed control, as well as some kind of way to at least get a hit on Spectrier lol. Scarf Landorus-Therian is always really cool and then you've got like Tanky Chomp with Endure to maximize chip damage. And then Sucker Punch Ace so that you can at least have a Cawm check plus some priority on the team.

:tyranitar: :excadrill: :tapu fini: :landorus-therian: :cinderace: :dragapult:

OK, so I'm going to say that this team started around me building with CM RestTalk Echoed Voice Metronome Primarina, please do not come for my head. I remember testing it with SHSP for the first time and watching him shit his pants as I managed to just outright with with Prim after the Grass mons were gone. So with that in mind, consider that THIS was the OG team (thanks Quziel). Since this started with this Prim, I wanted a secondary lure to beat up dumb stuff like Amoongus or Jumbao, so hehehehe I brought back Z-Fly Landorus-T with Power Herb Fly. But let me tell you, one of the most disheartening things is when you set up and get the lure and then Fly misses. In any case, I then went the Sand Route here to just have more speed control and a way to handle fatter steel mons too, and then Ace and Pult were added to get some speed and everything. I brought this team Week 2 against Splash after changing Primarina to CM Taunt Fini (which was thoroughly sad, but more reliable overall), and while the team REALLY struggles with Banded Rilla (something I wasn't expecting given the prevalence of Moltres and Zapdos this period of time), it's still really cool. Bring the Prim version to room tours to flex.

:tornadus-therian: :tyranitar: :excadrill: :swampert: :jumbao: :moltres:

I guess I really like building around Sand, huh? In any case, I went on a bit of manic building spree during finals week, and this is one product of that. This is another OU forum finding of Weather Ball Tornadus-Therian, which I thought was suuuuuuuuuuuuuper neat since it let me reliably beat up Moltres and Zapdos with a Tornadus (I'm a sucker for lures, or could you tell?). Since this was standard Sand other wise, you gotta put Tar and Exca there. I run Crunch on Tar here over Fire Blast since I gave this team plenty of other ways to handle Equilibra. From there I wanted to throw something on there to handle Libra better so initially I went for Rocks Pert, but then I realized that I already had Rocks on tar, so I decided to get a little cheeky, and pulled a Bulk Up set out of my ass. One of my biggest gripes with Pert is that it never really chips things enough to be a threat, and with this, I could BU on something coming in and then live a hit and either EQ, Toxic or pivot out of there as needed. It's a really cool set that also made SHSP shit his pants once or twice. Lastly, I needed soome Grass answers stat, so I threw on Sand Jumbao and Moltres, which brought the team together quite nicely. I nearly brought this G3 Week 5, but I think it was ultimately better I didn't.

:latios: :crucibelle: :araquanid: :bisharp: :landorus-therian: :magearna:

Another product of the manic building spree (probably the craziest), that I can guarantee you should never bring to a legitimate tour match. I wanted to build around a cool EWbelt Latios set I found on the lures thread, and I figured that since this Larios really struggled with Special Walls, I wanted something a little different. Enter Banded Crucibelle. This was initially Scarf, but I can say with confidence that Scarf Crucibelle doesn't hit nearly as hard as I would like it to, so I opted for Band. Of course, this leads to the problem of having both of these mons: they're comparably slow to a lot of the metagame. So I thought, "ok, how do I solve that problem?" and the best answer I could come up with was making the team a Sticky Web team. I justified it as a "hey, we might play Airwind Week 4 and he always brings HO, so here's a Webs team to proactice against", and then went to towbn. Bisharp is there to absorb FS stuff and make people scared of Defogging and dropping stats, though it's kind bad rn. Finally, SD Lando and SG WP Magearna are other way to set up and win, particularly with Electro Ball on Mage to hit harder with Webs up. IT's goof, go play on the ladder with this, but don't bring it to a team tour match hehehehe.

:kyurem: :toxapex: :corviknight: :astrolotl: :urshifu: :clefable:

I wanted to try semistall going into my last week, given that I had previouly brought some form of offense more or less every week. I know this team has some flaws, but I'm not sure whether or not that's due to my playstyle, or if there's parts of the team that could be improved (likely in the Urshifu area). But all the same, I was batnering with Quziel in the CAP Discord VC and I told him "I'm bringing Kyurem Week 5" and I'm a man of my word. Metronome Kyurem is scary, let that be known immediately. The set I had immediately loses to steel types though and hazards, so I needed Tran answers ASAP. Luckily, Pex plus Corv forms a really cool core, and NO ONE preps for Corv these days, so it fit well here. I think the issue I ran into here was that I went alittle too offesnive for the last three mons, but you can be the judge. I think Astro is a fine addition here as a psike layer and cleric, and then I wanted BU Urshifu to be able to act as a secondary winconditino nad Clefable as Clefable. I think The team is a little weak to TomoLibra, which is never a good thing, so if you have any improvements tothe team, I'm all ears. It either wins really well or it loses very quickly, which isn't good for semistall, sadly. Still, really fun to play with though.

(Play AI: The Somnium Files, it's good)

:jumbao: :venusaur: :cinderace: :colossoil: :zapdos: :garchomp:

Unfortunately for me, I am not Rabia and didn't build a Hail team for this meta, but I came really close to hitting all four with this Sun Team. I wanted to build something right in my wheelhouse with the core of Jumbao/Venusaur/Cinderace since it had been incredibly effective in CAPPL. I will admit today that Torkoal Sun > Jumbao Sun, but I really like Jumb's ability to wish pass. Venusaur here isn't running Grass coverage since I wanted to ry something different and found that having Poison/Fire/Ground Coverage was really effective in the meta. Of course, Any sun team worth its salt needs at least one if not two ground types, to handle dumb faster crap like Regieleki (as much as you might not like to admit it). Protox Colo (developed by Heaven Jay) is quite reliable here to throw around Toxics and generally protect against a lot of dumb choiced mons. I will also admit that this Zapdos set is really hit or miss. I just generally dislike Heat Wave since it always misses in the Heat of the moment, and so I wanted to go for Weather Ball Zapdos as a general Rain answer. Plus in my match, Weather Ball Zapsdos in sun came in handy vs. Zera (didn't miss when necessary) which is another part of the reason I like it. Lastly, We have mixed rocks Chomp rounding out the team. I wanted to be able to throw a Fire Blast at an unsuspecting Libra trying to spin away my rocks, or to click EQ on Magearnas that thought they would try to be cute or something. Needless to say, some of the "agressive luring" aspects played to my advantage in my match, but this Sun team could probably be made more conservative and reliable.

(shoutouts to Tadasuke)

:landorus-therian: :spectrier: :toxapex: :urshifu: :clefable: :equilibra:

The last team of this dump was the team I brought to my final game of the tour. Another product of the manic building spree, I wanted to build a Spectrier team, since I've always been weirded out by the horse. I also saw a really col SubToxic set for Landorus-Therian that also used Smack Down to rerally threaten bird in OU. The magic of that set is that there are EVEN MORE MONS in CAP that don't like being Smacked Down (Libra, and Tomo mainly), so I could play this very aggressively and either spread Toxics or just try to click Smack Down and EQ on Mandibuzz or Libra switch ins. That said, I'm thoroughly disappointed in myself for misplaying against Encore Astro in my match because it would've put in so much work otherwise. Pex is there to spread TSpikes and be a general nuisance. From there, Banded Urshifu is a generally good wallbreaker, and with Spect being stopped by Blissey, I wanted a strong fighting type to break through the single Normal type in the tier. Rocks Clef with Knock is always good too since so many people never prep for Knock Clef. And finally, Equilibra rounds the tam out with Hazard removal plus a powerful delayed movbe to help with Urshifu. Some people might not like that the only water resists is weak to Psychic, but I don't mind it that much. You can always opt for Mandi over Libra if you want.

Nicknames form this album:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And that's that. A huge shoutout to my Brattlers for giving it their all this tour. The last week didn't go the way we wanted, but that's how it be sometimes. In particular, I would like to shoutout the non SwSh CAP players on the team who stepped up and tolerated my insanity-inducing building. Also shoutouts to SHSP, Quz, 2spoopy4u, and dex18 for helping me test these teams and more. It's always really fun to see your reactions when I click "x" move on a mon when you weren't expecting it. Just you wait though, next tour I'm going to bring nothing but standard so you all overpredict.

That's all from me. Thanks for your time and thanks to the tour directors for letting me manage another team. Voltage out.​

Last edited:

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Here's some teams, I'll add more when I feel like it:
:moltres-galar: :astrolotl: :clefable: :slowbro: :equilibra: :kartana:
Moltres-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fiery Wrath
- Hurricane
- Agility

EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpD / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Lash
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Encore

Clefable @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Equilibra @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 48 SpA / 128 SpD
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Earth Power
- Rapid Spin
- Aura Sphere

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword

Wanted something that was fairly "cheese-proof" given againa's use of HO and rain in the scout, while also being able to really pressure standard builds. Moltres-galar was something I had been wanting to try for a while given its recent rise on the OUVR, and honestly, there's not really anything about CAP that makes it any less friendly to the mon, in fact its arguably more friendly given that people are often replacing Clefable slots with Tomohawk, a mon that you actively set up on. Astrolotl is the best mon in the meta, and probably the optimal Moltres partner that could even exist, given that it switches in on most Magearna, sets spikes, and Knocks off TTar, which trivializes the gameplan for Moltres itself. CM Clef is then included to help force in steels, thus activating spikes, provide a secondary wincon, and just help me out vs Shifu. Helmet Reg Slowbro came about after I was testing vs rain a few times and really wanted a counter to Barraskewda, which it provides in spades. Equilibra is then here as the best spinner in the meta, and my primary Mage check, with Kart rounding the team off with a secondary water resist, speed control, and functioning as a workable Doom Desire and Future Sight abuser.

:torkoal: :venusaur: :cinderace: :mandibuzz: :magearna: :garchomp:
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume
- Body Press
- Stealth Rock

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Weather Ball
- Earth Power

Cinderace @ Life Orb
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Magearna @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Aura Sphere

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

After seeing the success sun had in Rabia's Bo3 (I suspect Lasen provided it), felt like building my own version. Torkoal is by far the best sun setter because Jumbao invites Cinderace in, and inviting Cinderace in means you instantly lose a mon. That is not good. LO Ace is a funny mon that can do stuff like 2HKO Moltres with Pyro Ball in Sun, thus letting you click the good move repeatedly. It also dies fast, and dying means you get to bring in the next mon. Mandibuzz is imo one of the better support mons for Sun, giving you a solid answer to Spectrier (ish), Defog support for Ace/Torkoal, and momentum to make Torkoal less awkward to use. Garchomp has shown itself to be legitimately terrifying on Sun, for good reason, and gaining a "STAB" Fire Fang makes it very difficult to actually answer. Finally, Shuca Magearna is just a very easy wincon to stick on any build, provides a non-weather dependent Wincon, and helps you out in super bulky matchups, while also acting as a Mandibuzz switchin itself.

:slowking-galar: :hydreigon: :tomohawk: :tapu-fini: :melmetal: :zeraora:
Slowking-Galar @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
EVs: 164 HP / 92 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Roost

Tomohawk @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Aura Sphere
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Defog

Melmetal @ Protective Pads
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Superpower
- Thunder Punch
- Toxic

Jolly Nature
- Volt Switch
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Turns out Physdef Glowking can actually tank almost anything that Cinderace can do, which is like, really cool as Cinderace usually treats it as something that it would force out. Shuca Berry is hyper cool and means you do stuff like take 60% from a Crit Earth Power from Nidoking, trivially beat Libra, and can tank Garchomp once. Very cool mon, would recommend building around. Hydreigon is here to protect me from the devils of Spikes and Ghost Horse, while providing a fairly workable Astrolotl switch in once my Tomohawk gets knocked off. Tomohawk is here to complete my anti-ground core, take on Urshifu, set rocks, and just be the easiest mon to use ever. We then have Scarf Tapu Fini to give me my secondary water resist, easier counterplay vs Urshifu, and to trick stuff like Toxapex so that Glowking has a much easier time winning. Melmetal is generic goodness, switches into Mage if Glowking hasn't set up already, and provides some really solid wallbreaking, while also potentially Toxicing Mandibuzz. The weird ev spread is based off of me thinking that Libra is often not running enough speed for Max Speed Melmetal, and then thinking that a 50% Equilibra is unlikely to be able to take a +1 Focus Blast from Glowking. Protective Pads mean that I don't instantly die to Helmet Tomo and Helmet Chomp. Zeraora is weird speed control and loves that the team is entirely designed to chip Ground types, and really contributes to that goal by Knocking Nidoking and thus making it so that it can't beat Hydreigon.

:celesteela: :astrolotl: :clefable: :urshifu: :slowking: :zeraora:
Celesteela @ Power Herb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Autotomize

EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpD / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Lash
- Knock Off
- Spikes
- Encore

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Urshifu @ Metronome
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Slack Off
- Teleport

Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch

This one is mostly a meme, and modifying it lead to my actual week 5 team vs Againa. Meteor Beam Celesteela is simply the coolest set that has ever existed, and Astrolotl being literal god means that its not even that horrid of an idea, just a very bad one. Standard support core of Clef/Shifu/King/Zera.
:scizor-mega: :clefable: :reuniclus: :rotom-wash: :landorus-therian: :pajantom:
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 108 SpD / 136 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

Reuniclus @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Signal Beam
- Psyshock
- Recover

Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Explosion
- Stone Edge

Pajantom @ Groundium Z
Ability: Comatose
Jolly Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Heal Block

Felt like we were eventually going to get HO'd, and my instincts were right. SD Mega Scizor is ridic effective vs most HO builds, given that it never dies and priority is broken. Speed is for the potential Magnezone which I felt was possible, as if you SD up first you tank a single HP Fire and 2hko with Knock Off assuming smokozone. Landorus is an easy revenge killer, Pajantom is one of those mons that, if done correctly, will always trade 1 for 1 vs teams, Reun + Clef means that I never lose to MCham + Hawlucha, and Rotom-Wash is just there so rain is easier. Sadly Air Slash has a 100% flinch rate.

:pajantom: :lopunny-mega: :clefable: :equilibra: :victini: :greninja:
Pajantom @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Comatose
Jolly Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Earthquake
- Heal Block
- Protect

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- High Jump Kick

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Equilibra @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 68 SpA / 84 SpD / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Earth Power
- Rapid Spin
- Pain Split

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Final Gambit
- Trick

Greninja @ Metronome
Ability: Protean
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Spikes

Paj is very good at luring in and forcing damage onto Fairy-types, which makes Mega Lopunny's job of cleaning way easier. It also actively switches into stuff like Zapdos, which further assists Mlop. Spikes Gren is here for the same reason, as Fake Out + Spikes is a known broken combination when facing anything remotely frail, Libra provides expert hazard removal, and can set up some really dumb combos with either Pajantom or Mlop. Clef is rocks man, secondary wincon with Pajantom's and Gren's help at chipping Heatran, and takes on Mlop for the team itself. Finally, Scarf Tini can lure and remove Heatran for Clef, abuses spikes like noone's business, revenge kills, and helps gain momentum.

Last edited:

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
:volkraken: :miasmaw: :slowking-galar: :mandibuzz: :swampert: :magearna:
Fun team with the only core capable of making Miasmaw a somewhat consistent threat. Future Sight is generically great support for Miasmaw, and I wanted to use more Galarian Slowking because it's much easier to justify Assault Vest on due to its lack of Teleport; this way, I can make use of the super deep pool of coverage moves it has. Mandibuzz is the Spectrier check, although Snarl should probably be considered on it, and Swampert is Heatran counterplay and an Electric immunity. Lastly, Shift Gear Magearna gave the team a late-game sweeper, Dragon immunity, and generally nice option.

:cinderace: :tornadus-therian: :slowking: :tomohawk: :equilibra: :tyranitar:
Cinderace + Tornadus-T looked like a good pivot core, but I wanted to try Nasty Plot Tornadus-T with U-turn. It didn't succeed in my game against stresh, but I do think there was potential in that game for it to go in if I landed Hurricane more than twice. Slowking + Tomohawk + Equilibra is just standard defensive fare, with double delay moves being great for Cinderace, and Tyranitar helps against the ghost pony.

:melmetal: :exploud: :slowking: :tomohawk: :colossoil: :cinderace:
I remembered seeing someone use semi-Trick Room in OU, and I thought it'd be cool here too. Melmetal + Exploud is a great wallbreaking core, and Exploud is also great at punishing literally every Spectrier set because of Scrappy Boomburst. Sucker Punch Cinderace as additional speed control felt necessary, and the other guys are just filling in defensive gaps.

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
This was my attempt at making Miasmaw work.

:Miasmaw: :Astrolotl: :Equilibra: :Tapu-Fini: :Necturna: :Zapdos:

Banded Fimp Miasmaw has been one of my favorite sets to use. It operates as a very strong revenge killer, especially when paired with Doom Desire. Astrolotl lays down spikes to weaken physical walls that try to take both DD and Miasmaw, namely Toxapex and Tapu Fini, while threatening Ferrothorn with Fire Lash. Equilibra gives the team Doom Desire support while providing an Electric Immunity. Tapu-Fini gives the team a good all-around wall and a passable rain answer while also threatening a sweep. Necturna provides a last-ditch wincon, which synergizes with Miasmaw's ability to deny Regenerator and weaken Toxapex with Earthquake. Zapdos gives the team a much needed flying resist, not allowing NP Tornadus-T to sweep the team, along with providing a backstop against a Cawmadore sweep.

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Got a few teams to share here but first I just want to give a quick shoutout the miasmaws, y'all were a blast to team with and even though we didn't make finals for reasons it was still awesome to exceed the expectations that everyone had of us going into this tour. I almost didn't sign up for snake because I thought I'd be way too busy and would be a liability to my team, and while I was still pressed for free time during the bulk of the tournament, it thankfully didn't end up quite that bad and I was able to be a lot more active for the first and last weeks of our run. Overall, I definitely didn't build as much for snake as I did during cappl and I think I started to get kinda bored of teambuilding near the end of the tour (if you skim through the dump of my builder you can see this happen in real time), but there were definitely some builds I was happy with that I'll single out and explain, along with the two teams I actually used in the tournament-

Week 1 vs Splash
:pheromosa::slowking-galar::clefable::tapu-fini::mandibuzz::garchomp:
This team is obviously very outdated but I'm including it anyways bc it's one of the two teams that I actually used in the tour. Going into this match I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I thought that Jordy might pass my opponent some kind of HO since that's what most of his replays were, and I wasn't sure how seriously they would be taking week 1 against us. This build was definitely a bit of a HO cteam, as stuff like trick+scarf Fini and Clef+Glowking performed really well against a lot of the HO builds that were spamming Urshifu, Magearna, and QD Mosa. I also suspected that Splash was just a better pilot than me, so on the chance that he brought balance I wanted to have multiple different wincons that were both reliable and unconventional/matchup fishy, so I settled on CM Clef and NP Glowking that could be further enabled by Fini tricking away its scarf to things like Pex. However, I made a fatal mistake- I went up against someone with Jordy support and didn't prep for sand. This team has a horrendous sand matchup, and despite missing a focus blast that would've made things a lot closer, it was always going to be a very hard game to win. Bad matchup combined with a couple questionable plays of my own made this one a pretty decisive loss, though thankfully we still ended up winning the week.

Week 5 vs Pitmore
:nidoking::spectrier::astrolotl::tyranitar::tomohawk::melmetal:
I was confident that this was a game I could win if I just brought a fun balance team with some good wincons on it, and that's pretty much what ended up happening. I knew I wanted to build around Superpower Nidoking + Spectrier bc the Nido set is a great lure for things that can stonewall Spectrier like Blissey, Tyranitar, and Hydreigon, and this strategy performed about as well as I could've hoped in my match: my opponent's Tyranitar got OHKO'd by Nido, at which point Spectrier pretty much just won on the spot. For the rest of the team, I loved the support that Astrolotl provided for these two, because it could easily spread status and paralyze Hydreigon/Mandibuzz for Spectrier, and if these mons ever got paralyzed on a turn they click Roost then Spectrier immediately becomes much more threatening. TWave also offers similar support for Nidoking by letting it outspeed more stuff and potentially crippling some of its best checks like Slowking. Tomo+TTar is just the defensive backbone of the team, and Sub Melmetal was added in the last slot to patch up some type weakness + because I saw a similar set being used elsewhere and I thought it looked fun. It benefits a lot from TWave support as well, which lets Mel break past things like Toxapex especially if it's behind the safety of its substitute.

The team definitely had its flaws though, such as the complete lack of a water resist, struggling to break past certain walls (*cough* gastrodon *cough*) and not having anything that can consistently take hits from certain mons like Magearna or even an opposing Tomohawk with cane+aura sphere. After the game, I ended up replacing Melmetal in the last slot with a Slowking, which I think does a lot to support the breakers and patch up defensive holes- an updated paste can be found here. This is also literally the exact same team that I submitted for the teambuilding competition except with horse>Syclant and a couple minor changes lol.

Few other misc teams-
:magearna::spectrier::tornadus-therian::hydreigon::toxapex::excadrill:
Was built around the insane offensive synergy that horse+Mage+Tornadus have. Mage+Spectrier exert a ton of offensive pressure together and can overwhelm a huge amount of teams in the long run, and Torn is really incredible for chipping the counters of these mons and giving them a lot more opportunities to switch in. This team isn't super tested but it's performed generally well when I've used it, and the minisprites look very aesthetically pleasing which always means it's a good build.

:spectrier::dragapult::heatran::toxapex::hydreigon::landorus-therian:
Fun double spookies build that I used in a bunch of roomtours. Double ghosts are very scary, and the Dragapult set is definitely a sleeper pick right now. Band likely isn't the most consistent, but its coverage can be hugely pressuring to switch into at times, and can easily get the drop on an opposing Blissey or Mandibuzz that's expecting to switch into a Shadow Ball/Draco. Using CB was a very conscious decision as well- the idea was that Dragapult can usually do well against builds that rely on Blissey as their only Ghost resist, and there's a good chance that the horse can win in the long run against teams that choose not to run Blissey, even if they bring something else to check it like Hydreigon or Tyranitar. The other four members are mostly aimed at supporting horse+Pult to wallbreak, with stuff like trapper Heatran being able to remove Toxapex for Pult and Toxic/otherwise weaken Hydreigon or TTar for Spectrier. I usually don't enjoy using defensive sets on Lando, but I think it's still probably the best option for the last teamslot and it's been pretty consistent from what I've played, so it gets a pass.

:tapu-koko::magearna::tornadus-therian::garchomp::spectrier::ferrothorn:
This is a team I built around the middle of snake draft and I had a lot of fun using it in tests and roomtours, though admittedly the Koko set is slight cheese. The team centers around Tapu-Koko and Magearna, with the Koko set being specifically designed to weaken a lot of common Mage switchins so that it can click buttons without fear. Koko's only use here is clicking Nature's Madness on incoming Libras and Blisseys to take off a clean 50%, with the latter mon being unable to recover its health if Koko taunts it right away. The result of this is a lot more free space for Mage to spam Fleur Cannon, especially if Tornadus has already done its job of removing items and chipping down Libra, Blissey, or Slowking. Chomper and Ferrothorn are a fairly weak defensive backbone and leaves the team vulnerable to a lot of stuff like Spectrier, but with this team you'll basically always want to be keeping up offensive pressure so having a weak defensive core isn't the end of the world. It's a real fun team to play, though I'm sure it's got its fair share of weaknesses and bad matchups.

Finally, there are a few things I'm going to leave out, but here's a dump of my builder through the course of the tour- though do note that a lot of the stuff here is still unfinished or just skeletons :s
https://pokepast.es/9dba77281c50b1a1

Alright fellas, I'll be posting all the teams that I used during Snake Draft.

Week 1 vs PinkDragonTamer
:melmetal: :clefable: :miasmaw: :astrolotl: :rotom-wash: :tomohawk:
I really liked the idea of AV Melmetal, and thought pairing it with Wishport Clef might be a good way to prevent it from getting chipped down too hard. AV Melmetal with Astrolotl takes on most special threats, while Tomohawk and Clefable take on the physical. I tried out NP+CC Miasmaw as a wallbreaker and put Rotom-W as a reliable switch-in to Equilibra and Heatran. I like this team, but in retrospect it's pretty flawed, lacking speed and a reliable answer to Spectrier, among other things.

:pelipper: :barraskewda: :ferrothorn: :miasmaw: :mollux: :tomohawk:
This is a rain team I really like, with Barraskewda + Miasmaw under rain making a quite strong offensive core. Barraskewda is able to hit Slowbro and Toxapex with a banded Flip Turn under rain for a solid 25% chip or so. Then, Miasmaw gets to come in, deny Regenerator, and throw off Life Orb-boosted Thunders and Dragon Hammers. Ferrothorn and Mollux back up the team's defenses, and then I added a semi-offensive Tomohawk to answer Urshifu while throwing out 100% accurate Hurricanes. I did end up updating the team a tad since, which can be found here.

Week 2 vs Estarossa
:hydreigon: :equilibra: :krilowatt: :crucibelle: :clefable: :miasmaw:
This is a team Lasen passed to me which I then modified. Miasmaw + Equilibra can create openings in the opposing team and then Krilowatt and Crucibelle get to spam VoltTurn, while Hydreigon and Clef provide a solid backbone for the team. Overall a solid team.

Week 3 vs TJ
:aegislash: :dragapult: :blissey: :rotom-wash: :jumbao: :garchomp:
I decided I wanted to use the power of Ghost spam while being able to break past the most common Spectrier answers. Hydreigon fears Dragapult's Draco Meteor, and Aegislash gets to CC Blissey and Tyranitar. Blissey does Blissey things, absorbing status and special hits, while providing some great pivoting power to let Dragapult in. Rotom-W is the main switch-in to Equilibra, Heatran, and Moltres; Jumbao acts as an answer to Landorus-T and Garchomp, and semi-check to Urshifu; Garchomp answers Cinderace and blocks Volt Switch. I accidentally forgot to put removal on this team, but overall it's quite good I'd say.

Week 4 vs Snake_rattler
:zygarde-10%: :tapu koko: :slowking-galar: :tomohawk: :hydreigon: :cinderace:
While I did end up losing this game, I still really like the team I brought. In the current meta, bulky grasses aren't all that great, which gives Zygarde-10% the ability to pretty much just spam Thousand Arrows. Tapu Koko is able to U-turn out on Equilibra and Slowking-G, letting in Zygarde. Slowking-G answers the most common Thousand Arrows switch-ins in Clefable and Tomohawk, and can set up Future Sight to enable Zygarde to break them. As per usual, Tomohawk and Hydreigon round out the team's defenses, while Cinderace gives the team more speed and just does Cinderace things. After playing it some more, I found that the team struggles to switch into Equilibra, so I ended up replacing Ace with Rotom-W in this version.

Week 5 vs Sputnik
:Miasmaw: :Equilibra: :Tomohawk: :Tyranitar: :Zeraora: :Jumbao:
Much to my surprise, this team ended up being featured on Team of the Week. Because of that, I talked about the team on the pokepaste description so there you go.

Tiebreak vs K3ppr
:Magearna: :Miasmaw: :Slowking-Galar: :Tomohawk: :excadrill: :hydreigon:
Decided to switch things up a bit for this game with a Specs Magearna. Miasmaw pairs up quite well with Magearna, shutting down Magearna's best answer in Slowking-G, and Magearna can then come in easily on Miasmaw's answers in Tomohawk and Clefable. After bringing Miasmaw pretty much every game so far, I decided that I'd pack in a few extra fairy checks for this team. Slowking-G is all around a great mon, and scarf Excadrill is a solid option for a ground type while giving the team much-needed speed. Once again, Tomohawk and Hydreigon form the defensive backbone of the team.

Overall I had a ton of fun this tournament, although slightly upset we couldn't make it to finals. Everyone on the Miasmaws was just super cool and always a huge help when building and modifying teams. So yeah that's the post I guess

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
The Miasmaws were a very interesting team to say the least. I did not perform as well as I'd like to (read: I lost at least 1 game) but I also built some absolute bangers with the help of my team. I hope we get to win next year! Keep in mind, not everything I built was good but it's at least usable and that's all that matters in the current metagame besides fun which was stripped away by the existence of a very fit Panda punching holes in teams. Thanks for letting me run a gauntlet every week until play-offs tiebreaker guys!
ANYWAY, teams (click sprites for teams and week for replay):

Teams I used:

:krilowatt::ditto::tornadus-therian::mawile-mega::chansey::kyurem-black:
USM Week 1: W vs. Jordy

I genuinely think that getting to play the Smokomodos week 1 was a blessing in disguise, as I think their never-ever-have-I-touched-CAP-before pilots would take at least week 1 to warm up + I was doubtful of their willingness to test vs. one another for a tier they'd probably never play again... which left me playing vs. the only active SM CAP player/builder and CAPPL winner, Jordy. My hope was that he'd have to build for all of them and explain what at least the big 5-6 CAPs do so he wouldn't go too deep into my (lack of) replays in SM. As such, I tried to not fall into my own building partners while having a very solid offensive core that can allow my two win conditions, Z-Move KyuB and Mega Mawile who can enable each other and act as both breakers and cleaners, with scarf Ditto being a middle ground between the stall match-up, being able to copy clerics or wish passers to keep the aforementioned duo healthy. Krilowatt and Tornadus-Therian are a good VoltTurn core that also function as my pseudo rain checks. Wasn't too scared of ReuniTar because I felt that I could outplay ()with clicking Z Move on a good turn and TTar traps... 2 specific mons. More in depth on each mon is Mawile being able to creep both Skarmory and Mega Scizor, while being able to hit pretty much everything for at least neutral. Dark-type coverage was considered in the form of both Knock Off and Sucker Punch, with Knock even making onto the set at one point. Swords Dance was picked over them to have the best possible chance to just plow through teams with bad speed control. Kyurem-Black ended up being 4 attacks for the same reason; HP Fire was over Earth Power when I was trying-out Fangless Mawile but I considered the OHKO on most electrics and Exca more important. Nothing to really note on the other 4 members of the team, all extremely standard. Bad match-ups include facing a breaker faster than Tornadus and anything with a Substitute up turning Ditto into a sitting duck. The Kyurem mirror is also kinda atrocious if I am being honest but obviously workable.

:pelipper::tapu-koko::hawlucha::swampert-mega::kingdra::ferrothorn:
USM Week 2: W vs. SHSP

I just told my team "I don't think SHSP respects rain, his water-resists are gonna be really mediocre." Coupled with the fact he had gotten SS Rain cheesed two (three?) times in a row so I apologised to him in advance before we played the game. Team is actually something I built in 2018 to ladder OLT but I ended up editing it slightly to fit CAP's metagame. The best lure of this team is Tapium Z Koko, being able to nuke a Ferrothorn or Pink Blob of opponent's choice into 25-22% range, allowing me to win right after with one of my two Rain abusers. Hawlucha doesn't need Screens as it just needs to soften up walls for Mega Swampert but it can, of course, sweep if need be. The spread allows you to set-up on Toxapex lacking Haze. Swampert is running Aqua Tail as it can 2HKO standard Rotom-W under Rain if Rocks are up. Offensive Koko REQUIRES a ground-type to switch-in every time and allows for appropriate punishes. Kingdra is chosen over Ash-Greninja because I valued the dragon-type more for the team than spikes and/or the possibility of Water Shuriken.
A note from the game is that Chople Ferro saves you SO MANY times and I also accidentally made Koko Fairium so I couldn't force an early win LMAOOO but yeah.

:dragonite::magnezone::rillaboom::magearna::hawlucha::landorus-therian:
SS Week 3: W vs. Roxiee

"Should I make the triumphant return of Smokozone? Yeah, I've not built with it in a hot second." Thus, birds and Magnezone was born. Every Pokemon on this team is some sort of bait, whether it's Helmet Lando-T hitting 260 speed to creep everything under the sun, it Toxicing any "problematic" mon (see: Tomohawk) or both of my Flying-Types having an obscure coverage move (Ice Punch Dragonite, Stone Edge Hawlucha) to nail their usual checks and allow the man of the match to shine: SMOKOZONE! For those of you who are blissfully unaware, Smokozone refers to the Magnezone designed to consistenly be able to beat non Aura Sphere Equilibra by setting up a Substitute and levitating away from dangerous Ground moves via an item OR Magnet Rise, while you just slam your obese, steel body over it. Sprinkle in two fantastic breakers in CB Rillaboom and Specs Magearna and VOILA! A team that totally doesn't nearly lose to Cute Charm Clefable h-haha! No real comments, everything is pretty standard.

:tapu-koko::cinderace::ferrothorn::slowbro::hydreigon::tomohawk:
SS Bo3 Week 4 G1: L vs. Stresh

Idea here was to create a solid VoltTurn core between double pivot move Specs Tapu Koko and Cinderace, two very potent breakers I had yet to use once up to that point of the tournament. Slowbro provides the very characteristic Future Sight for the SS CAP experience, with Ferrothorn being a Spiker, my Steel and water switch-in that can ACTUALLY punish rain through Knock and Iron Barbs. Tomohawk and Hydreigon are my lazy-lazy answers to problematic Urshifu and Spectrier respectively, something my entire team was using at that point. I was very high on using Tapu Koko in particular, as it can actually punish MOST if not all of Cinderace's answers and I was really hyped to play it as aggressive as I could. If only I used terrain a bit more aggressively in my game or foresaw the Encore Lotl...

:landorus-therian::regieleki::magearna::cawmodore::kommo-o::spectrier:
SS Bo3 Week 4 G2: W vs. Stresh

There was 0 thought put into this team I'm gonna be honest. I wanted to have an HO to play vs. Stresh, used Special Kommo-O to beat Tomohawk switching in and trying to be nasty and just try to fish with both Magearna and Cawmodore. I can't really explain much here, Regieleki hits 491 Speed and Spectrier being Double Dance is because I wanted to be able to just DEMOLISH rain or a weird Sand with Dracozolt.
This is a version of the team being used by Rabia with Geomancy Necturna over the Spectrier and Knock>Stone Edge on the Landorus-T.

:tyranitar::garchomp::kartana::spectrier::zapdos::toxapex:
SS Bo3 Week 4 G3: L vs. Stresh

OK this is a team I was kind of proud of making. You have checks to every big mon in the metagame between Sp Def rocks Tyranitar being able to always beat the horse one way or another, Pex and Static Zapdos to punish all contact mons and a double physical attacker core in Scarf Kartana and Life Orb DD Garchomp with Fire Fang to hit Libra, that slowly but surely can punish the checks they both have, primarily Tomohawk. Last mon was chosen to be Sub Disable Spectrier because it can beat mons that only have one way to beat it such as certain Tyranitars who go for Edge + Superpower. This team works best when played mostly slowly which I needed for game 3 to go my way, only to lose to something I can't break if my opponent plays this even remotely competently aka Prankster Hawk. I'd definitely bring this again if I could vs. stresh and possibly won a different match-up.

:landorus-therian::rillaboom::cinderace::spectrier::magearna::colossoil:
SS Week 5: W vs. Death2theWest

Unix. This is a NatDex RMT from Chazm that I edited to better fit CAP aka made the Mega Gyarados into AV Collossoil, thus giving me more momentum and a good status absorber. Team is pretty easy to pilot and comprehend, Work Up Electro Ball Cinderace is even better in this tier than it is in other OU based formats as it punishes Tomohawk, too. Just a super fun team that punches holes fast and efficiently which, while I didn't build, I still really wanted to showcase. Please do read Chazm's RMT and drop him a like, he's fantastic and a good friend.

Teams I built for/passed to my teammates:

:serperior::ferrothorn::tyranitar-mega::landorus-therian::pajantom::magearna:
USM Week 4: LordOfBadRNG L vs. Wulfanator72

I built this team in week 3 for Birkal to use vs. HeavenJay. I was instructed to create something that would be easy to pilot and could take advantage of status, in particular paralysis. Thus, I took the idea from an old ORAS Ubers team I built with the exact same concept, mixed in some early SM sets I had cooked up for OU and modernised it for the SM CAP metagame. Glare Serperior, T-Wave Ferrothorn and Toxic Pajantom all basically incapacitate opposing special walls for Magearna to later come in and blow stuff up with a great Z move. Originally, Magearna was Fairium but it got changed after a little bit of fine tuning to Fightinium Z, instead, something that my player never ever read so he brought the incorrect version which was a moral blow. Scarf Lando-T serves as mandatory Electric resist and speed control in case it's necessary and Mega Tyranitar just is bulky, massive and traps some problems the team has.
If anything, Pajantom is the weakest member of the team but I never managed to find a better alternative. Feel free to think up of a different team member!

The following teams are very violent and actively harmful for everyone involved. Do not use unless you're a weatherman.

:ninetales-alola::arctozolt::rillaboom::heatran::landorus-therian::kerfluffle:
THE HAIL TEAM THAT SMASHED DEX18

Absolutely no clue why, but I stole the concept from a craing;_; team dump and them built this monstrosity. When Rabia was thinking "hmm what do I use that's funny" an alpha build of the team caught his eye and he tagged me, asking me to make it actually viable. And so I went to work, adding Specs Kerfluffle as a pivot that allows Arctozolt to NOT take any real damage from the opponents moves while securing a safe double, Veils to not die to a gust of wind that's a bit too warm and Weather Ball scarf Lando-T, wrecking Tomohawk, Torn-T and opposing Lando-T alike. Heatran is mandatory fire resist and steel, throwing rocks up every once in a while and Rillaboom is STINKY. Team was a blast to see win.

:tyranitar::excadrill::dracozolt::tomohawk::toxapex::moltres:
THE SAND TEAM THAT VELVET GOT THRASHED BY

So Rabia is 2 weathers down and I just drop him the other two weathers on the SPOT and this is one of them. There was a point where I realised that Moltres is one of the best Defensive mons to put on Sand since it checks sooo much stuff. I added an Eject Button Toxapex, courtesy of Ben Gay, then a Tomohawk because I am NOT gonna sit there and wait for a Flame Body to provide me an Urshifu answer. Dracozolt was the reason that I even built this because it's so funny that a mixed, fast attacker that clicks 1 button at a time.

:heatran::torkoal::venusaur::garchomp::urshifu::cresselia:
THE GREEK SUN THAT ROASTED CARBINK DEOXIDE

This team is a recreation of WCoP Greek Sun. It's not good because it's fucking Sun and Greek at that. Dogshit as all hell. But do CAP players prep for sun? Hell no! So of course Rabia brought it to complete the quadrafecta of weathers. Wincon is letting your opponents think your sweeper is low and then LUNAR DANCING THEM BACK UP! The Eject Button here was added WAY before the Ben Gay dumps. Urshifu is the only real horse answer so don't get too cocky, especially if Torkoal drops. Also, no, Jumbao cannot replace Torkoal just so you can have 1 CAP, you get 7-0'd by Astrolotl and Cinderace.

Might update this with my garbage teams that got veto'd af later :]​

Unfortunately, our team is out of CAP Snake after an incredible run. As per usual I put myself in a spot where I had to build most of, if not all teams for my team. I should really stop doing that to myself.

The SS CAP metagame is in a truly awful state because of the combination of Astrolotl, Cinderace, and Spectrier and over the past couple of weeks I've really started to dislike the metagame. Action of some sorts needs to be taken for sure. Preferably an Astrolotl nerf or Cinderace ban. Both would probably be best. Truthfully, I don't care enough to discuss any of the teams in detail so I'll just leave you with this team dump.

3-2 aint such a bad record, even if a few of my matches were hax. Thanks for the Roaks for being such a fun and welcoming team!

The only team I played that i was somewhat proud of is the one i played V PTD in the finals
https://pokepast.es/db74a9a30df00a0b
:dragapult::zapdos::heatran::clefable::colossoil::astrolotl:

The main point of the team was to make CB pult work, as ive found that many teams don't build against it outside of libra-clef. As such, Zapdos and Heatran are meant to bully those two. Zapdos can come in v Libra freely and force damage, and Heatran either traps Clef getting greedy with a knock off, or toxics a switch-in. The rest is pretty standard: Colossoil for :spectrier:, Clefable for :urshifu:, and Astroltol is bascially a given. Wish on Astroltol was meant to keep Heatran and Colossoil up, as they both tend to get worn down in longer matches.

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
:stratagem: :skarmory: :colossoil: :clefable: :dragapult: :rillaboom:
Stratagem @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Paleo Wave
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Roost

Colossoil @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpD / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 92 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Wanted to build around Meteor Beam Stratagem, which is like my favorite new addition because it plays super fun, acts like a bad z-move that can be knocked off. Skarmory is a pretty obvious partner providing a like, literally perfect Rillaboom answer, Spikes because this mon can't actually OHKO stuff outside of Meteor Beam, and providing broken Toxic. Colossoil is my generic answer to the dumb horse, provides spin, and again abuses broken Toxic. Clefable is Clefable, beats Tomohawk sorta ok, sets rocks, and flamethrower beats up steel types. Pult is fast, and Rilla is priority. Rilla's u-turning brings in hawk, which lets Strata and Pult do stuff. I like this one.

Last edited:

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Just got knocked out of the ssnl so I figured I'd dump everything I used, although all of them are outdated after the astro nerf and spec/ace/magearna bans. Week 1 I just used samples so I'll be starting with my w2 matches against snake

vs snake_rattler
:kerfluffle::equilibra::slowking::tyranitar::arghonaut::zapdos: (L)
Wanted to use specs kerf + delayed move spam, but I ran into galarking rain and had no idea how to play around it lol. Despite rain being really bad right now and the fact that I had two good water resists and a zapdos, I just generally have difficulty piloting vs weather and in hindsight the team relies way too much on kerfluffle to make progress so it sorta flounders against galarking. Still a fun squad but not perfect at all.

:jumbao::excadrill::tyranitar::toxapex::slowking::zapdos: (W)
Going into my series with snake I knew I wanted a g2 team that was solid against both weather and HO as that's a fairly common move that I thought he might pull. Unfortunately I got rained g1 but I thought I'd bring it anyways, and it worked out quite well bc excadrill basically won on team preview. I was testing with sub+sd veil garchomp over excadrill for a while and the team struggled a lot to pressure slowking, and letting your opponent get 800 future sights per match is a very sad weakness for a team to have. Sand rush drill mitigates this a bit but I think the struggle is still there, though thankfully I just loaded into a matchup where drill carried me anyways.

:astrolotl::tornadus-therian::tyranitar::melmetal::equilibra::slowbro: (L)
This game was a bit regrettable because I definitely could have won if I played the endgame slightly differently, but I was at least pretty happy with the team itself. Pre-nerf astro + flying type wincon is very strong, and the torn is running weather ball because I thought that melmetal would appreciate a zapdos lure and something to mess with opposing astrolotl a bit. Did not load into either of those mons and never clicked the move lol but it was still a fun idea. The rest of the team is mainly just supporting melm and torn while providing defensive synergy and all that. Fun team, despite being outdated now.

vs jho
:pelipper::tornadus-therian::barraskewda::ferrothorn::garchomp::slowking-galar: (L)
Got passed this team by snake so I won't share the paste, but I wanted to bring rain g1 to be safe against HO and because it didn't look like jho's water resists were that solid. Snake beat me pretty handily with this team the week before so I figured I'd reach out and ask him to pass it to me, but ultimately I didn't pilot it great and got dealt a loss. Again though, I think rain is just not good at all rn so this probably wasn't the smartest team choice to begin with.

:urshifu-rapid-strike::astrolotl::mandibuzz::landorus-therian::cyclohm::slowking-galar: (W)
My thought process here was to cteam any HO I thought jho might bring g2, and to have some weird offensive threats that would mess with any standard balance/BO if he didn't end up bringing offense. All things considered this was a bit of a strange match but thankfully I still pulled out the win. Shifu is not the most consistent mon by any means but I do recommend using it because it's fun as hell. The team's outdated but you can replace astro with a ferrothorn and it'll be close enough.

:slowking::equilibra::aegislash::zeraora::hydreigon::tomohawk: (W)
Just put together a bunch of mons that seemed to match up alright vs jho when I was scouting and it played out pretty well. I think this was the match where I started to realize that zera was actually really good, and aegi put in some massive work too which made me happy. Aegi is a super fun mon to use and it does surprisingly well at messing with some of the best mons in the tier, I'd definitely recommend trying it out.

vs quantum tesseract
:cinderace::slowking::tapu-koko::astrolotl::equilibra::tomohawk: (W)
Mostly a standard team but qt didn't seem to have great koko+ace answers when I was scouting, so this is what I ended up building and it was really effective. I don't think there was a ton he could do against the team, it just was a very nice matchup where koko put in a lot of work.

:landorus-therian::aurumoth::cawmodore::magearna::cinderace::azumarill: (W)
Another team I stole the paste of so I won't share it publicly. Qt brought a hazehawk g1 and I knew he recycled his teams so I expected that whatever he brought g2 wouldn't be too strong against HO. Loaded cawm into a team without a cawm check so it was a pretty safe win if I didn't fuck up super hard.

vs shsp
:zeraora::dragapult::skarmory::blissey::equilibra::garchomp: (L)
This whole series was basically me getting fucked by banded dragapult which def shouldn't happened cus I had a skarmory and libra but it is what it is. I played alright for most of the match but there were a couple turns that were pretty bad honestly, so it ended up being a fairly decisive loss. This team doesn't have a water resist but I didn't think I was gonna get rained so I didn't particularly mind. It's a fun team though and I like it quite a bit, skarmory is surprisingly good and the rest of the team has nice synergy together.

:cinderace::dragapult::landorus-therian::slowking-galar::mandibuzz::tangrowth: (W/L)
Another team with pult since shsp didn't seem to bring great ghost resists. G2 was a strong win, and I had a team planned for g3 but it was largely untested so I decided against it and brought this team a second time. Got murdered by band pult again in G3, and while I definitely made my share of mistakes I think the team itself is solid enough, mostly revolving around ace+specs pult with some defensive mons that I hoped would match up well against what I predicted shsp to bring.

======

some teams I built but didn't end up using-

:pajantom::excadrill::tyranitar::clefable::slowking-galar::tomohawk:
Thought pajantom would be cool on sand to remove tomo+libra and exploit slowbro. Team performed pretty well in tests, don't remember why I chose not to bring it vs snake but it's a fun one

:melmetal::zeraora::slowbro::slowking-galar::tyranitar::corviknight:
Very fun team, double slow is an unstoppable defensive core that also provides extra future sight for melm and zera to abuse. I think this was made in spectrier meta which is why there's a ttar but double slow+tar+corv is a very potent combo that fucks with a lot of teams. Was mostly just going through a melmetal phase at the time but the team itself is definitely nice to use

:rillaboom::kartana::zapdos::colossoil::clefable::toxapex:
:rillaboom::cinderace::zapdos::colossoil::clefable::toxapex:
Tried to use kartana grass spam, realized I hardly ever clicked on the mon so I replaced it with cinderace and the team got better :x

:kerfluffle::heatran::zeraora::slowking::amoonguss::tomohawk:
:dragapult::magearna::blissey::toxapex::ferrothorn::landorus-therian:
I built these two teams prepping for QT, my plan was that if he didn't bring his hazehawk team g1 then it wasn't safe to bring HO in g2 so I needed two more teams for potential g2/g3. Both teams seemed to match up nicely with what QT was bringing and they have some cool stuff going on with them, I'm overall happy with how they turned out but I haven't tested the teams extensively either so I'm not totally sure how they perform in practice (esp the second one)

:cinderace::kartana::slowking::garchomp::zapdos::equilibra:
Cool team that tries really hard to abuse kartana. The ideal situation is having garchomp toxic tomo and get rocks up, so that when tomo switches into cinderace you taunt it on the turn it tries to roost. This leaves it low enough that it can't switch into kart or ace anymore unless you mess up and give it a free turn to recover. Kartana is very strong when you don't load into tomohawk so this team mostly just tries to find ways around opposing tomo builds, it's obviously not the optimal cinderace set but it works surprisingly well since no one ever really expects it

:kyurem::clefable::corviknight::landorus-therian::cinderace::swampert:
This was the original g3 team I had for shsp. I was trying to figure out what the hell he would bring against me because he was saying in a voice chat "ooh this 6-0's all of spoo's teams except for one mon" and I was weirdly afraid that he would bring miasmaw, hence clef+corv lol. The team is pretty fun though, it struggles a bit with opposing mage/cinderace but it's still very manageable. In general when I was building for shsp I tried to use stuff that I had not been bringing at all (didn't bring clef once all tour) but unfortunately it didn't quite pay off, though the series was a blast and it got me to build some fun stuff out of my comfort zone

lastly a few more teams I don't feel like writing a description for
:cinderace::slowking::tapu-koko::hippowdon::melmetal::mandibuzz:
:dragapult::aegislash::tornadus-therian::slowking-galar::arghonaut::garchomp:
:heatran::toxapex::kerfluffle::landorus-therian::zapdos::hydreigon:
:tapu-lele::aegislash::mandibuzz::slowbro::astrolotl::landorus-therian:

Last edited:
I've been meaning to write this for a while, but i finally got around to doing it.

After Mage + Ace got booted from OU i decided it was time to actually try building for myself since I felt I had a good enough grasp on the meta to do so. I think the first time I built for myself was R6 or R7, whenever I played Drippy basically. I got knocked out soon after but I think that was just me getting outplayed, not due to any big weakness of my teams.

:pelipper: :tapu koko: :barraskewda: :tornadus-therian: :ferrothorn: :garchomp: No Cap Rain
Bringing weather to crucial games had been going very well for me, but the sun team i was using wasn't playable anymore since AceMage got banned. Additionally, I kept talking shit about rain so I didn't think anyone would expect rain from me, so I thought it might be a fun g1 mu fish. This team actually started as Koko + Aqua Tail Chomp + Ferro, with the idea that AT Chomp lures Lando/Libra for Koko to spam Elec move after, but i then realised this core fits best on rain, so I just added Peli, Fish, Torn. This is a 6 OU NO CAP team and while you could replace Koko for Kril idt that's a good idea because this team has a horrendous Torn matchup outside of Koko and Kril hates Knock 100x more than Koko does and it also gets outsped, meaning that a +2 torn more easily runs away with the game vs chipped Kril than vs chipped Koko.

:zeraora: :clefable: :equilibra: :tornadus-therian: :astrolotl: :slowking: who needs ghost resists when you have triple regen
I don't remember if i built this before astro lost knock or after, but the basic idea was knockspam + spikes astro. Additionally, TornZera work well together as a core since they both pressure Libra, provide momentum while offensively checking eachothers offensive checks (Zera outspeeds pult who beats torn, Torn beats Rilla who forces Zera out). Also wisptantrum Astro is godlike, you burn annoying grounds which makes Zera wins more accessible while Tantruming into Tran to clear the way for Torn and free up pressure on Slowking.

:dragapult: :clefable: :astrolotl: :slowking: :skarmory: :colossoil: HexPult status spam
The concept here was spreading status so that Pult could Hex ftw, with twave on Astro to status opposing astro and then Heal Bell to allow me to greed and trade status vs opposing mons. Backed up by the trusty KnockCM clef in order to get past most CM clef checks in a long game.

:scizor: :astrolotl: :garchomp: :slowking: :tomohawk: :zeraora: SD Zor + Trapper Astro
I built this for my series vs Rabia, idr if i actually ended up using it tho lmao. Basically, the idea was he will bring Kyurem and the only true Kyurem counters are Scizor and Volcarona so I wanted to build with one of them. I picked SD Zor because I felt it could be supported very well in CAP. The first important element is Toxic Rocks Chomp, as it forces rocks on Zap/Tomo while Toxicing them and putting them on a timer for Scizor. The other element is trapper Astro aka fast Tran, because it traps toxicd defoggers, traps opposing Astro for Scizor and just generally puts in work versus fatter teams. Tantrum is ran again, in order to nuke Tran so that Scizor gets free reign afterwards.

:rillaboom: :slowking-galar: :tomohawk: :equilibra: :zeraora: :astrolotl: Rilla + Wisp Astro + BU Zera
This is my "I'm really trying to not lose vs Chomper" team so it has Rilla to revenge, Tomo to wall as well as Astro to lure with Wisp and Icebeam on Glowking. In general, it's meant to abuse the EQ damage reduction from GT with Astro/Gking to lure ground types so that Bulk Up Zera can set up and win lategame vs a dead/wisped Lando/Chomp. Zera I think pairs well with Rilla as a speed control core, since Zera controls speed vs everything that Rilla doesn't and vice versa. BU Zera is a devastating wincon after you Wisp ground types, especially if terrain is up as you can just sit on them accumulating boosts and then Drain Punch for recovery. BU also lets you break Zap/Clef who otherwise tend to sit on Zera spamming recovery.

:volcarona: :clefable: :skarmory: :hydreigon: :landorus-therian: :toxapex:Barb Clef + Volc
This team is built with the idea that Barb Clef enables Volc really well since it cripples mons like Tran and Pex that otherwise prevent you from sweeping. Hydra is the Tran switchin, since with 3 mons that invite it in you need a hard counter (or as hard as you can reasonably expect lmao, not like tran has actual hard counters). Lando is speed control, Skarm makes me not lose to cawm and Toxic SPD Pex helps the NP Torn Mu.

I did not build these teams on my own, so huge thanks to Atha who helped with pretty much all of them as well as SHSP and Binacleisthebest for giving input on the first 3.

EDIT: Oh yeah, like I told SHSP yesterday in VC; I have 66% Astro usage. This mon is still insane, idk where it is in the VR rn, but it should probs rise lmao.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
rabia lead big

:garchomp::melmetal::jumbao::zapdos::tyranitar::toxapex:
This team was probably what started my Garchomp fetish addiction. I was looking at what typically answered Garchomp and settled on utility Melmetal as a pretty competent partner. Jumbao was very easy to slot in next, providing Healing Wish support to both of the aforementioned Pokemon. Toxapex + Tyranitar worked well here to provide constant chip damage and cripple common Garchomp answers like Arghonaut with poison. Lastly, Zapdos is just generally good and provided a Ground-immune teammate.

:heatran::torkoal::venusaur::mandibuzz::garchomp::victini:
When the sample sun team got outdated, I decided I needed to craft another. Choice Specs Heatran is just generally funny as hell with how strong Eruption is, 2HKOing pretty much everything. The rest of the team is just really standard shenanigans.

:clefable::kyurem::dragapult::scizor::landorus-therian::rotom-wash:
This team was centered around overwhelming Steel-types so Calm Mind Clefable could win. I think Heavy-Duty Boots is probably the better item choice for Scizor, but Leftovers recovery has felt nice several times over. Rotom-W was last here literally just so the team had a sturdier Water-resistant Pokemon.

:regieleki::hawlucha::rillaboom::azumarill::landorus-therian::cawmodore:
There are multiple variants of this team, but the idea is that between Hawlucha, Rillaboom, and Cawmodore that Zapdos and Haze Tomohawk won't be able to outlast the sweepers. Azumarill was also a Pokemon I wanted to test out; it's pretty solid but has a fair amount of offensive answers.

:tapu lele::alakazam::tyranitar::arghonaut::zapdos::excadrill:
There were two thoughts when building this team: "SURELY atha won't let me Garchomp him" and "I want to use Alakazam :3." This was the result. Thunder Wave Tyranitar instead of Toxic here because slowing down potential Alakazam revenge killers is poggeurs. I also felt like seeing how Arghonaut felt here, and eh, it's fine but probably a bit overrated because of Garchomp's dominance.

Winter Seasonal was a fun tournament; it was cool to make the finals run from winners' bracket. Hopefully CAPPL allows me to continue whipping up some fun shit to share with y'all.

Did something happen with knock off astrolotl? because apparently astrolotl cant use knock off.
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpD / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Lash
- Knock Off
- Spikes
- Heal Bell
(This is from the big miasmetal team)

Nalorium

is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris the defending BW Circuit Champion
World Defender
Hey y'all, now that CAP Play-test finished im going to share some of my favorite teams, enjoy!

:Keldeo: Teams :Buzzwole:

:Keldeo: :Toxapex: :Tapu Bulu: :Skarmory::Hippowdon: :Aegislash:
https://pokepast.es/c0f3b93a38e40c57
What better way to start than with my favorite team, I wanted to build this team around the idea of MonoAttacker Keldeo + TSpikes. I continued with Bulu which is an excellent help for Keldeo to control Tapu Fini, Tapu Koko and Zeraora among others. I wanted to opt for Skarmory instead of Corviknight cuz it gave me spikes + a consistent check to Garchomp and Cawmodore. And finally Aegislash, a pokemon that puts an incredible pressure on most fat builds as well as being a steel type that kills Heatran and Equilibra for Close Combat + Hippowdon as an electric immunity and rocker.

:buzzwole: :slowking: :Tyranitar: :excadrill: :tornadus-therian::Jumbao:
https://pokepast.es/bc1bba28457b2f33
This is a pretty fun sand build around Buzzwole + Fsight. I liked it so much that I used it twice in a row on this tour, although the second time it didn't work so well. The core of TTar + Exca + Jumabo is just fantastic, the way this 3 work is just perfect. Finally we got Tornadus as a second f-sight abuser that also works as a semi-speed controller. Buzzwole 2hko literally everything and what doesn't, dies of f-sight.

:Mew: :Tapu Fini: :Dragonite: :weavile: :Heatran: :Jumbao:
https://pokepast.es/3f1a6ce014309fff
Mew evs are private. Broken mew set oh yea, this was the team that I was gonna use for the g2 of cap p-test finals, the idea of this team is to Trick Slowking/Toxapex to make Mew things way more easier. WishPasser Jumbao is an excellent partner for Weavile since it helps weav to beat Toxapex in the long run. Finally hb dnite to help mew and Weav vs Toxapex scald's / Toxics / Twave and flamethrower to beat cawmodore since it is a huge threat to this team.

:Tapu Lele: :weavile: :corviknight: :Blissey: :arghonaut: :dragonite:
https://pokepast.es/c97a8c9c043d2f3e
This team is fun af, Lele CM is an excellent breaker vs most of the standard builds. With CM Lele ur able to beat things like Slowking or Non-Iron head corviknight. The partner in crime here is weavile, he beats of he's most common checks like Aegislash or Slowking and Lele kills arghonaut, Toxapex and Buzzwole among others. We continue with the core of Corv + Blissey + Argho and finally eq hb dnite to kill Zeraora and help Lele with heal bell in the 1v1 vs Blissey or scald burn of Slowking.

I hope you liked my teams, I look forward to sharing more when the Rigged Tournament is over. :blobwizard:, cya in CAPPL

Aquarius Ghost ❤

Banned deucer.
Hello all, I'm going to be posting one of my fav teams that helped me get prize winner in the CAP room! (possibly sample worthy, idk)
:tomohawk::Zeraora::Scizor::Toxapex::Hydreigon::Rillaboom:

This team is mainly built around Haze Tomo because of how destructive Cawm has started to become, Tomo has also served as my Rillaboom check, and is generally a great bulky Stealth Rocker. The next Pokemon on this team is Zeraora, Zeraora serves a vital role on this team because it iss my Electric immunity while being a good glue and pivot. Scizor is this team's Steel-type and poison immunity, it forces Pokemon such as Jumbao and Kyruem into 50/50s with like Pex. Toxapex is my Ice resist and the reason why this team has 2 Haze users is because pex deals with cm Chromera and Clef while tomo just deals with Physical setup sweepers such as Cawm, Rilla, Garchomp, etc etc. Pex is also running Shed Shell, so it doesn't become trapped by Heatran, so u can get a Knock Off in the meantime. Now onto Hydreigon, Hydreigon is this teams hazard removal and your main Heatran check, Hydreigon also serves as a Future Sight absorber, the reason why Hydreigon has Snarl is that it can waste as much Spa boosts from Pokemon such as Chromera which abuse cm, to the point where Pex can just Haze them off. Finally, this teams final poke is Rillaboom, this team lacked a reliable breaker and had no form of prior, so what's better than to just slap on a Rillaboom lol. Hope yall enjoyed!

s/o Dj Breloominati♬ ( i think that's kinda heat) for helping me learn this tier

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
out of seasonal+out of cappl, time to dump before swiss :]

I'm not gonna do the sprites, genuinely will take a small eternity, here goes though:

Week 1 CAPPL: Vs Cryingg- https://pokepast.es/1a8ef5186fa80d00

Cryingg is damn good. I wanted to step outside of what I was bringing prior to this tour in SS especially, so I went with a fatter build with a fun Taunt lotl set that shuts down a lot of HO (outspeeds ninetales and taunts the veil/hypnosis, might be worth looking at again with Hail's rise now, hm). In SM, I wanted some heavy Jumbao insurance and a not super standard Z move/wincon in victini that I felt (and still feel) is really good in the meta right now. I was somewhat memeing in ORAS because I had a poor grasp on the meta at the time and wanted to bring 1-fat and 2-celebi.

Week 2 CAPPL: Vs Jordy- https://pokepast.es/8ab754c79ab08c4e

I fucking love playing against Jordy. Dude's a truly incredible player even in retirement and I was super invested in this one. The SS team is again an attempt to move away from my typical building (I hadn't used scizor much prior to this at all, actually), and it feels fun despite a loss at preview to Cruci. SM was weird. Up until the night before the match I was solidly bringing the paj team here which I fell out of love with slowly but surely by Saturday. RSQ suggested manaphy the day before, we built this, tested it twice and ran it, and it's def one of my favorite SM teams I've ever built now. ORAS was my first dive into the RoA ORAS subforum where I found this sick Torn set from CBB that really helps versus HO I was fearing at the time. The rest of the team was built around that, and using Lati which I quite like in the meta.

Week 3 CAPPL: Vs Lasen- https://pokepast.es/c48fa56f885e221c

Lasen is another phenomenal player and really close friend who I really fucking wanted to beat this year after the unfort game last year. The game barely mattered by the part of the week we played and I ended up bringing a now illegal dumbass kings rock beat up Dragapult team from D2, but if it did have stakes the "new melm bulu" was my bring after a lot of refinement. SM is an attempt to push the envelope some and escape the "handshake to BO" style of games I'd been playing. Caribolt HO is really, really sick. ORAS is a really awesome team from Dragon Claw, Night Parade, edited for CAP to make it beat Cruci/Kerf. Easily my favorite ORAS team.

Week 4 CAPPL: Vs Voltage- https://pokepast.es/4df88ac9cf49f086

These games absolutely sucked but the teams are sick. SS is one of my favs, the start of my scarf Fini addiction, and uses (if you choose to) the great Greedvile set with adamant LO. SM was again an attempt to punish "standard"-esque building while sticking to a tried and true style. ORAS was again very CBB inspired- Zygarde on HO helps the Cruci matchup a lot, and I felt HO was a very good bring were this to go to game 3.

Seasonal R2 vs KJ: https://pokepast.es/949f6c6103c556fd and https://pokepast.es/0caea320abe46484

Game 1 wanted to bring something unused+solid, didn't expect the Voodoom which almost ate me. Game 2 I brought this team that I ended up using a lot this tournament and still think is quite solid, one of my favorites I've built in a good while. Might be worth looking at Weav and making it axel now, though.

Seasonal R4 vs Doomstadt: https://pokepast.es/bba11ecbd66e0ed7

Wanted to use Koko+Shifu even though this game with it went horrendously. The Weavile+Koko team works out again.

Seasonal R6 vs Ashballa99: https://pokepast.es/c69344f9de54aa21

Quz told me to run Koko, so I ran Weav+Koko again. This HO worked just this once, I think.

Seasonal R8 vs Raj: https://pokepast.es/23143a942624a6a8 and https://pokepast.es/157ec774a60b6cfc

I liked my prep for this game, I hate my play in it. The Melm-Pult team is trying to overpressure Colo and usual structures Raj was bringing this tour, and it almost worked despite not really prepping to beat Amoongus. Game 2 I brought TR because it was the only thing I had played previously during the week, and a distressing IRL event had me a fair bit panicked during the series so I went with comfort. This is the updated version of the team with Bulu over Craw for the Argh matchup.

Seasonal R9 vs Snake: https://pokepast.es/0eecdf55a2b298ef and https://pokepast.es/a182304b2349c944

Snake had been running one sort of style all tour, with a heavy Ghost type presence and a lot of Shifu, and I built these to try and counter those. Glowking+Kommo-o make life really brutal for Pult/Blace, and offensive Kommo-o I think was super underrated at the time. Game 2 I brought Light Screen Pex to again prep against the double ghosts, as well as really strong sweeper Dragonite which I need to run more often.

Seasonal R10 vs Arnav: https://pokepast.es/c2699488002119be , https://pokepast.es/6b036175c09053b0 and https://pokepast.es/88941ec45ac5d245

The Game 1 HO inspiration was Quz telling me I had to run Metronome DD Pult, and Dex talking up Aurumoth in the ladder tour leadup. Game 2 was very OLT inspired- Toxtricity is sick as hell, and it absolutely eats a lot of common defensive structures in CAP. Game 3 is the now infamous Elon Musk team built by Dex, Sciz and I that I ran to get to top 9 in the first Ladder Tour cycle as well and was used by other players like Spoo: Necrozma is surprisingly good, Revenankh is an amazing cleaner that also has great synergy with Necrozma, and this team also has me surprisingly high on the unsung hero of the team- Rotom Heat.

Seasonal LFs vs Cryingg: https://pokepast.es/af5856212c21b045 and https://pokepast.es/33625912d4a2a170

Going into this game I wanted to punish Kyurem super hard. This one still stings a little, but I'm very proud of my top 3 run and I'm excited to be back in contention to win Swiss. Thanks to the Miasmaws, the Todds, and the CAP Discord voice calls for all their help and all the great times this set of tours.

spoo

CAP Co-Leader
CAPPL is over so time to dump !

Week 1 vs Skysolo (L)
:weavile::astrolotl::urshifu-rapid-strike::corviknight::landorus-therian::toxapex:
Weav+urshifu type stuff had been dominating in wcop and I wanted to pair the duo with fire spin astro to cus I figured skysolo wouldn't ever expect that. Astro is cool for removing pex here but also helps dealing with stuff like corv/skarm/heatran and chipping down other bulky waters. Fire spin can occasionally be a dead slot but taunt still has a ton of utility in like non-pex matchups which is really great, especially if you can manage to taunt certain defoggers so that tspikes stay up. Super standard defensive backbone to round the team out. Urshi should definitely be banded btw but pads was what I brought in my game fsr, it's a great set but not really worth using without future sight support.

Week 3 vs Fakee (W)
:tomohawk::slowking-galar::scizor::tapu-fini::hippowdon::dragapult:
Had no fucking clue what the chromeras were gonna pass fakee lol so I just wanted to bring anti-offense stuff that could still force a win. Fakee ended up loading some nonstandard BO and I got a fairly nice matchup, pult looked really dominant but I didn't leverage it so the match came pretty close and dragged on for the last leg. This team's pult matchup is also a little shaky but between priority/regenerator fatmon/scarf fini/sdpf hippo there is def enough room to outplay. Overall a fun squad but prob not the most consistent.

Week 4 vs daniysb (L)
:dragapult::melmetal::mew::landorus-therian::tapu-fini::corviknight:
Another game where I had no idea what the hell my opponent was gonna bring so I tried loading something generally solid with potential for cheese in whirlpool fini. Melm+pult is an absolutely ridiculous core and spikes support is sooo fantastic for those two. I think we made lando sd+smack at the last moment because it felt like the team didn't have quite enough offensive pressure/put too much of a burden on melm and pult to wallbreak, though in hindsight a diff set would have been better given I ended up facing argh. Unfortunately dani loaded what I felt was an uphill matchup, I didn't really get the most out of my melm, and generally got outplayed, but the team was fun in tests and still looks mostly solid to me.

Week 5 vs RSQ (W)
:tapu-koko::weavile::skarmory::toxapex::hippowdon::scizor:
So going into this week I caught wind that RSQ was going to bring something wack as fuck (read: getting building support from d2) but I had no idea what it was so I basically just brought anti cheese and it paid off LOL. I put these six mons together myself but soon realized that it looked very similar to something ABR was using in OLT, so I found the paste and stole all the sets. On his version there was a clef > weav but I wanted to be a bit more offensive bc I'm honestly not the best stall/fat pilot in the world, he also had volt switch > roost on koko but I did not trust myself to preserve its HP. I like this team a lot, and I ended up using a modified version of it to ladder during cycle one of CLT which you can find the paste of later in this post.

Semis vs TNM (L)
:blacephalon::zeraora::skarmory::hydreigon::slowking-galar::landorus-therian:
Built around the idea of blacephalon + superpower hydrei to lure bulky dark/normal types with double defog to support blace. This was an idea I originally had many metas ago where I used the hydrei set to support volcarona, although honestly the concept was way more relevant when ttar+blissey actually existed and definitely isn't as effective anymore. Sadly this team got completely dicked by CM glowking which I somehow neglected to prep for despite knowing that tnm really liked the set. Played the early half of this game very messily to the point where it was really hard for me to come back at all, this team is fun though and blace is an absolute fucking nuke that everyone should try using.

Finals vs Darek (W)
:dragapult::pajantom::scizor::heatran::tapu-bulu::colossoil:
Darek seemed fairly likely to get overwhelmed by double spookies when I was looking at teams he was bringing so that's what I loaded. There are a couple techs on this team I tried to catch darek with, namely BB paj for buzzwole because the chromeras had been spamming it and seeing that pay off in-game was so beautiful. I was also really excited when I saw he brought jumbao bc I wanted to nail it with flame body tran, although that tech never came to fruition in the match. Scizor/tran/bulu/colo was a defensive core that I liked a lot into darek's teams to handle miasmaw/electric types/dragapult while also looking great offensively vs some of his squads. This was a really fun game, and easily my favorite/my most important win in the tournament.

Other stuff I built during the tour (a lot is undertested, pilot at your own risk):
https://pokepast.es/a720a897c85b047e
https://pokepast.es/7a327a11958c2943
https://pokepast.es/afcd9cebab6f14b6
https://pokepast.es/7b8372f3abef78f9
https://pokepast.es/acd3ede7f6fcd850
https://pokepast.es/d4786c22a163f95b
https://pokepast.es/cd72b63e582b8f3b
https://pokepast.es/31e987dff3cfa837
https://pokepast.es/4bc109dec9955f9f
https://pokepast.es/7a8e710df5cbd700
https://pokepast.es/4e0905d22c2d3c5e
https://pokepast.es/9f974e2cf1b20f50
https://pokepast.es/1fea91c2d61de74b

===
Stuff I used in CLT:

:weavile::tornadus-therian::slowking::landorus-therian::heatran::scizor:
first attempt at making a ladder team which I soon abandoned because it got cheesed by too much shit like rev (torn doesnt beat the mon at all lol)

:tapu-koko::urshifu-rapid-strike::skarmory::scizor::hippowdon::toxapex:
modified version of my week 5 team, theoretically this team is very solid on paper against a lot of ladder bs but somehow I had a really disappointing record with it when I was laddering. urshifu is known to be a busted ladder mon and toxic koko ended up being insanely consistent as well, the rest is obv standard defensive stuff with max spdf pex bc I kept losing to fucking pult sball drops (the pult matchup on this team is definitely rough if things get drawn out). the only gameplan against rev is also to toxic it with koko or hippo which tbh is not the most reliable course of action lol

:ninetales-alola::blaziken::zeraora::garchomp::cawmodore::moltres-galar:
BIHI hyper offense with a cawm over melmetal because cawm on veil is funny
i also passed this slightly edited team to xevara to use in finals but we ended up going with a different cawm HO

:ninetales-alola::arctozolt::landorus-therian::heatran::kyurem::tapu-lele:
stolen hail

:ninetales-alola::arctozolt::tapu-lele::swampert::corviknight::kyurem:
more hail

:weavile::tapu-lele::zapdos::landorus-therian::scizor::toxapex:
this team fared pretty well for me on the ladder, I wanted weav + a complementary wincon that could beat argh (it felt like I was loading into argh literally every other game) so I settled on cm lele which most people outright do not expect to face and can break a lot of shared steel type checks for weavile. really fun squad, especially in matchups where zap can static para something like scizor/libra/corv so the breakers can do funny things

:necrozma::revenankh::tapu-fini::corviknight::swampert::rotom-heat:
s/o SHSP for passing this to me, I am 100% serious when I say this team is incredible. there are so many matchup fishes here that at least one of them will almost always be seriously threatening in any given battle, and they somehow manage to have great offensive and defensive synergy on top of that. necrozma+revenankh is a really dirty combo, trick fini checks cawm and cleans soooo many ladder teams lategame (and is really good against mono cap builds fsr), corv+pert as the defensive backbone can handle a ridiculous amount of threats while not sacrificing too much momentum, and rotom is great at just chunking shit/spreading paras while being part of the defensive core itself. every mon on this team has something to offer both defensively and offensively which makes it really fun and flexible to pilot. there are a few unwinnable matchups eg heatran+lele+gking/pex+dragon type, and I found that clefable (especially cm and clef+tran cores) was really hard to break if you couldn't trick it with fini, but otherwise this is a weirdly solid ladder team that got me to my peak in cycle two. anyways rank revenankh

:kyurem::magnezone::indeedee::corviknight::swampert::dragonite:
smokozone traps steels for kyurem/indeedee to break and for dnite to sweep, corv+pert backbone for rocks and removal. a lot of these sets can probably be tweaked, frankly I'm not sure myself what's optimal - kyurem was originally dd icicle spear and dnite was more offensive with eq but I settled on the current sets as I feel like they're a bit more consistent. you could also go hwish>gleam on indeedee and drop heal bell on dnite, or something like pex+lando in the last two slots, I didn't test any of those options but yea this build could probably be optimized more. indeedee is unironically crucial to this team as it revenges cawm + hard counters rev + trickscarf is great for cheesing wins + the mon is legit very helpful in the pult matchup. it also hits like a truck and no one expects it to. for the record this is not a serious team but i have won a substantial amount of games with it and i do think indeedee is a sleeper ladder pick.

:victini:[CHROMERA MINI SPRITE]:urshifu-rapid-strike::landorus-therian::buzzwole::clefable:
frankly not a great team lol but it got me a bunch of points on ladder even tho the cawm matchup is a bit dire. focus energy victini is hilarious and in many games your opponent's counterplay is limited to sacking something to v-create and then revenging after the speed drop. intim mons that would normally switch in like landorus/tomohawk become completely irrelevant, and if rocks are up you could even bluff being choiced which can be clutch occasionally. chromera is cool cause it shares certain checks with tini like ground types+heatran and provides a nice secondary wincon, as well as being a fairly solid defensive piece at points. honestly the mon always felt a little bad in this slot lol but i wasn't sure what to replace it with, it also might just be better with a different set. scarf shifu is great into ho and people don't expect it so it can randomly claim kills.

Cross posting the teams from CAPPLE commencement thread here. Feel free to use any of them as a sample if you guys think they're good enough. Just not the NAVI team lmao.

1) Teams

Going into the tour I expected to get passed teams, do some tests and then show up and play, but for some reason building CAP really clicked for me this time around and was really enjoyable as well. I ended up building all my teams myself which worked really well.

W1 vs Estarossa: BIG NAVI https://pokepast.es/595750de44f98a9d
1629095524158.png

I knew esta likes fat teams and the meta looked not very prepped for DD/Slack off Navi, so I decided to try making that work. The team is honestly not that consistent, it has some bad MUs like Zera that you gotta do some dancing around on but in tests it was still winnable so i went with it. Ended up getting a pretty nice MU and winning, altho sadly big navi didn't get to shine.

W2 Raj vs Chromeras: Chomp + Pult https://pokepast.es/17a99952b6c0ddb9
1629095700877.png

The idea here was overwhelming Clef by stacking 2 mons its supposed to check and exploiting the increased SPD invest it started running w SD chomper. The rest is mainly just filling out the slots, Glowking is a way to gain momentum off clef + a koko check, argho is a weavile counter since the first 3 mons all lose to it, clef is clef and last i was missing a steel type and ground immunity so Corv.

W3 vs RSQ: BuluTran feat Bulk up Zera https://pokepast.es/87cb37164864e4c4
1629095921722.png

I'd been playing a lot of AAA at this point and one of my favorite cores at the time was pairing Heatran w a Grassy Surge abuser, which made me rmb the glory days of BuluTran in SM OU, so I decided to revisit it in :cap: Tect tran made a lot of sense on grassy surge, since it lets you regain HP insanely fast while abusing Toxic + Magma to a ridiculous degree. Since Tran and Zera share a good number of checks, I thought that tecttran would clear the way very nicely for it. Skarm + Colo was my hazard core and Paj felt like a really good complementary breaker that abuses opposing tran very well.

W4 vs Quz: BuluTran feat CM Glowking https://pokepast.es/ebbe312ddc1989a9
1629096586505.png

I was working on CM koko this week, but then I saw Maroon demolish D2 with a cm Glowking so I decided to use that instead. I liked the idea of Glowking + Grassy surge because Regenerators are mons you are incentivised to greed with and terrain lets Glowking get away with obscenely greedy plays. I added Colbur for even more greed potential. Libra was another pult check whereas Argho was my Weavile etc check.

W4 Dani vs someone: CM koko + arghocolotran https://pokepast.es/5c0c91ca090c1e26
1629096758609.png

I was gonna use this team W5 but we needed the win to tie the week so I gave this team to dani after doing some tests before their game. The idea here is to just weaken Koko checks with NP Torn, Spikes and chip damage from Tran so it can eventually take over the game after CMing. Amoon is the check for opposing Koko, Zera, Rilla etc.

W5 vs Jordy: CM koko + Astro https://pokepast.es/a01e72cf48760902
1629096904454.png

This is basically just an alternate version of the above team, the idea is p much the same except here there's also the plan of wisping ground so that Koko has an easier time 1v1ing them later. I honestly still don't know how I won this game so yeah not much to say here lmao.

Semis vs Spoo: Reunipult (actually Glowking) https://pokepast.es/4173345c1e7dc17d
1629097093600.png

As the name suggests, I was initially working on building a Reuni + Pult balance, cause I felt they would have good offensive synergy in wearing down shared checks. But in testing I realised that the lack of regen on Reuni is really detrimental when it comes to cheese potential. In practice, reuni can usually cheese one mon, taking around 65% chip in the process which makes it useless for the rest of the game unless you have a ridiculously good matchup or can find an opening to heal it back up later. Glowking on the other hand can cheese one supposed check and just heal back up with regenerator to win the game later with no particular effort on the player's part. I ended up swapping reuni for Psyshock/Scald Glowking while keeping the rest of the team the same and it really paid off. Glowking put in massive work in the game, dealing 60%+ and burning Lando, forcing Blace to get sacked for Trick only to get knocked later and be back in a position to win the game.

D2TheW

Amadán
Started this post over a week ago but uni and stuff had me busy and then it got deleted but anyway here's the teams I used in swiss that are worth anything.

:kyurem: :tapu-lele: :Landorus-Therian: :Astrolotl: :toxapex: :scizor:
https://pokepast.es/cbe92fd76f0095c3
(Used vs Fakee in finals)
NMI Kyurem is busted out the ass and lo lele pairs really well with it to make a ridiculously dangerous breaking pair. Lando, pex, steel is the best 3 mon defensive core in the tier and here it's ebutton pex to give one of the big guns a free turn. Double defog because those guns get worn down really quickly and are honestly strong enough to get by without rocks. Scarf lotl gives valuable speed control, a cleaner that really profits from the two breakers and adds some more defensive utility. Hwish is very cool for kyurem and lele too. I really like this team, it really just breaks balance teams over it's knee and while it's more of a challenge vs more offensive stuff, it's very playable as long as you stay aggressive. Also hard loses to shed stall lmfao but only I use that so I wasn't worried.

:Zeraora: :Garchomp: :heatran: :tapu-lele: :toxapex: :Corviknight:
https://pokepast.es/be4ba9ebaf711c4c
(Used vs Fakee in finals)
This team was designed to get Lando in t1 and fuck it up with tran so zera and chomp can go wild. Balloon tran is really good more people should use it. Incredibly good at keeping rocks up early game, can 2hko lando with Eruption even if they click knock. Chomp didn't end up accomplishing much because the lele + tran kinda went ham lmao. This team is kind of just good enough defensively to get by but if you end up on the back foot it can definitely unravel. Definitely not the most solid team in this post but it was fun to build, fun to use, and it won so I have no complaints.

:Melmetal: :dragapult: :Arghonaut: :Landorus-Therian: :Corviknight: :mollux:
https://pokepast.es/ccf4c985771bcf5a
(Used vs Max in finals)
Trick room cteam numero uno. Twave melm + Pult is a pretty obvious core with really solid synergy that makes up the basis for easy balance building. Honestly I'd normally go pex over argh but itemless argh fucked up maxs trick room like little else and it worked a treat. Mollux filled holes that pex usually would and is another really good pult partner. Solid team, with the notable exception that your kyurem answer is corv which is never great. Max had 0 kyurem usage so I took the risk and hoo boy did it not work out g1, when he loaded a rejigged version of my kyurem lele team and froze corv t1. I still think the team is solid, and it won me the final game but I don't think I'll use this one much again, at least not without changing it a fair bit.

:weavile: :Melmetal: :slowbro: :tapu-fini: :Landorus-Therian: :Corviknight:
https://pokepast.es/f832b03b8bcbb76a
(Used vs Max in finals)
Trick room cteam numero dos, HARD cteam mode. This melm is a set I've been wanting to use for ages and I knew it would just annihilate maxs trick room if I played it right, which it did. This melm set is a demon but gets kinda fucked by pex and argh. Futureport weavile puts massive pressure on both and trapper fini really doubles down on the fuck pex effort. Itemless bro was a natural fit to fuck alolawak, scald over press to actually be able to hit the bony git. Toxic lando looks kinda weirdchamp with misty surge but melm really appreciates other lando being toxiced and argh if you can get it. This one's a bit weird tbh, even though I really like it on paper it feels kinda off to play in mus that aren't vs trick room, but that is the natural consequence of cteaming something this hard. Also a byproduct of building it about twenty minutes before the game. Obviously change the melm spread and bro item if you're gonna use this.

:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :tapu-lele: :tapu-fini: :scizor: :Landorus-Therian: :mollux:
https://pokepast.es/7c1398aac534efb0
(Used vs RSQ in semis)
I have fuck all recollection of my process building this team ngl. I remember zen shifu was because I didn't really need jet and terrain zen did numbers to pex. Anyway ursh rapid and lele is a really good offensive duo, fini is good and mollux is cute and I likely had some weird holes to fill that required snail shaped compression. It won in a fucking nailbaiter where mollux was the mvp so I am vindicated.

:Pajantom: :Buzzwole: :Slowking-Galar: :Astrolotl: :Landorus-Therian: :heatran:
https://pokepast.es/a8d63b0a1e498399
(Used vs Againa in round of 16)
This was partially me wanting to use Paj and partially an attempt to vary my usage. The result is ehhhhh, I didn't feel great about it at the time and I'm still lukewarm on it now. It felt a couple revisions away from something really good but I never got around to solving it and I haven't gone back to it. Tect tran is fun though.

:gastrodon-east: :Astrolotl: :Skarmory: :toxapex: :Shedinja: :Clefable:
https://pokepast.es/a625717d59ed82ba
(Used vs Againa, Bossaru and RSQ)
THE MVP TEAM. 4 uses, 4 wins, 100% winrate for Shedinja. I am of the opinion that stall is always somewhat good in tours because people never prep for it and a lot of players don't actually don't actually have substantial experience playing against it. That said, Shedinja stall is probably the best stall archetype, being the bane of Kyurem and Lele users everywhere. It also provides other stuff that stall loves, fucking up most fini, countering shifu while also stopping it's uturn as a positional tool, is good at just being an all around pain in the arse and can be a potential wincon against teams that only have a few ways of hitting it. Gastro was initially just to cteam Againa's usage iirc, but it's proven to just generally be quite valuable. Use drain if you're expecting rain but sticky hold is really nifty, fucking over trick fini and stopping random knocks from whittling you down. Should 100% have actual spdef invest but I never got around to changing it lmao. Gastro pex is a funny tech to fuck with Glowking which can be an issue for this team depending on it's partners. It also can pull a funny on a toxiced clef which worked better when Shed was toxic over sd. I've never actually faced a Glowking with this team and don't recommend using gastro acid but I wanted to show it off so w/e. Clef honestly felt kinda shite in the last slot but I had a list of things I needed and it was the only real option so you gotta do what you gotta do.

:Landorus-Therian: :tapu-koko: :Cawmodore: :Kartana: :Haxorus: :Primarina:
https://pokepast.es/cbd7fb0202b40988
And finally, a dumbass ho team I used vs omi in cyc cup and may have used in earlier round of this, idr and I cba to check. Highly recommend, it's total smooth brain shit but great fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)