Resource SwSh OU Bazaar

I got a pretty skillful team here where you just hope your opponent makes a good move by clicking the supereffective attack and then do a lot of damage. Close combat mew is for all the weird people who lead non beat Weavile vs you and the people who lead heatran have fun getting weakened. Grimmsnarl does grimmsnarl things and sets up screens and weakens special attackers with spirit break. Bisharp Is your resident guy who makes them think twice about click defog. Under reflect it can set up on corvi and ferro and get to plus 3 with bpress. Dragapult is your main sweeper he sets up on stuff gets attack and special attack and hopefully wins. Diggersby is the weird mon who agility takes a hit and has eq+ice/fire coverage to late game win. Victini also is a good late Game winner while also helping with speed control with bisharp and diggersby.

Replays down here: Bisharp goes in
Diggersby is good
Diggersby does it vs hail
Standard dragapult game
Mew takes down Weavile
Victini pulls through late game

GOAT Rain (Crawdaunt + Volcanion)

This has been my most favorite, consistent, and satisfying ladder rain builds for DLC2. I originally made this team for the sole pleasure of breaking the opposition into pieces with rains two most potent wall breakers. Don’t overthink while using this. My only request is to keep the nicknames. Enjoy!!!!

Note on Relaxed Zapdos: Relaxed is preferred over Bold to get the switch initiative on defensive Lando. Proper execution of this sets up positioning for one of the three rain breakers to get a free attack. Bold can be used outspeed Tapu Fini If the Volcanion vs. Tapu Fini matchup makes you uncomfortable. Just be aware you will lose this ability to exploit Lando.
GOAT Rain

Updated with very minor tweaks for current metagame. Zapdos pushed to 241 speed to creep enemy Volcanion, Bisharp, and most Tapu Fini. Ferrothorn switched to Leftovers. Seismitoad Hydro Pump changed to Scald for consistency vs. Sand matchups.

Last edited:
Reuniclus Sand
:sm/tyranitar: :sm/excadrill: :sm/reuniclus: :sm/tornadus-therian: :sm/ferrothorn: :sm/keldeo:
(click a Pokemon for Pokepaste)

I took inspiration of a gen6/7 sand team and created this Reuniclus sand balance.
The game plan is to weaken/kill the counters of Excadrill, Reuniclus or Keldeo and win with the respective pokemon.
Tyranitar provides stealth rocks, the sand and is a good special wall. Banded Excadrill revenges pokemons or sweeps at the end. Reuniclus sets up on passive pokemons and can take physical hits. It has a colbur berry to live +2/banded Weavile's knock off and kill it in return with focus blast. Tornadus is a fast and good pivot. I feel like defog is needed, because Tyranitar gets easily chipped and rapid spin on Excadrill is not enough. Another option is knock off > defog and HDB on Tyranitar. Ferrothorn is a good physical wall. The team struggles with Magnezone, so it has iron defense to win the 1v1. Keldeo can set up too and hit hard.
Replay 1
Replay 2

Bonus: Bad Cryogonal Spam
:sm/cryogonal: :sm/volcanion: :sm/landorus-therian: :sm/tapu-lele: :sm/blacephalon: :sm/dragapult:
just click, loses to protect
won in the 1700 lol
Ok, but for real: Specs freeze-dry, levitate and outspeeding Garchomp can't be thaaat bad (ignore the movepool issues and 95 SpAtk). Maybe someone else can build a more serious team around Cryogonal. I tried to build a rain team around it and it kinda worked?

Have fun with the teams!

Since I’m gonna take a break from ou because it’s boring gonna post 5 teams I used to good success 1800s-2000s ladder. All are mu dependent cheese teams because I play Pokémon to have fun and not think

:vanilluxe: :magnezone: :buzzwole: :kartana: :garchomp: :tornadus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/361c7641b39c1281
Pretty basic balance around never melt ice vanilluxe. Vanilluxe can absolutely destroy bulkier teams with good play but suffers vs faster offensive teams. I tried to remedy this by making it’s mu vs offense just chip until scarf kart can win with hail, rocky helm, rough skin, toxic and such. Magnezone also is there to trap heatran for luxe and trap corv/skarm for kart. Pretty fun team but it’s definitely un optimized seeing as I built it quickly. Would definitely suggest rebuilding it as I think the framework is good but worked for me.

:tapu lele: :blastoise: :polteageist: :hatterene: :blacephalon: :hawlucha:
https://pokepast.es/42597e04dca07b1b
Psy spam! I wanted to build around blastoise with an ho team. I then learned blastoise is just bad. So to try to fix it I used it with psyspam to get torrent, terrain pulse so it might be better. It still is bad. It does have a niche in like resisting surging strikes and dib but use a better smasher like omastar or cloyster please. Otherwise team is basic. Used hatt over espeon because I like paralysis and healing wish. And hawlucha has Defog just as a secondary way incase they outplay you which isn’t hard considering you are a psyspam player.

:slurpuff: :mew: :cloyster: :Dragonite: :zeraora::bisharp:
https://pokepast.es/1f668eccb70fdc0e

Some boring mew hazard stack ho. I originally wanted to use a webs team but webs are bad so I changed some Pokémon around and made it belly drum slurpuff with webs over facade because facade does nothing vs pex and you get hazed. Webs though can be a good late game option as people will play around stuff like scarfers being faster and their late game will be ruined. Dragonite is a bad set but +1 adamant outrage is a fun move to click. Everything else is just standard sweepers.

:aurorus: :ninetales-Alola: :arctozolt: :arctovish: :landorus-therian: :volcarona:
https://pokepast.es/29e8fa780d8df6cb

some dual hail ho with dual fossils. The gameplan is simple. You lead aurorus and try to get in one of the stupid fossils by landorus or by sacking and then you click your funny moves to kill everything. Volcarona is there because rillaboom, scarf kart, and everyone sack heatran and landorus to arctozolt. Vish is adamant because zolt can be fast to free up the zeraora/pult speed tier.

:cloyster: :terrakion: :bisharp: :dragapult: :garchomp: :blaziken:
https://pokepast.es/3bcb556be7731c08

This team is really simple. Terrakion is the lead because I wanted to beat opposing mew ho leads and still be a good Pokémon with offensive presence. Every set is pretty standard besides cloyster and blaziken maybe. I made the only cloyster walled by a fire type but it can missile slowbro or blow up basically forcing a bulky water to die for blaziken. I originally had knock off on blaziken but changed it to tpunch but it’s really either. Blaziken just protects and attacks after everything is weakened.

I’m glad to spread the true way of playing Pokémon by just spamming attacks and set up moves.

Hey it's me Bob!

Been a while since last time playing SS OU so yeah Bob decide to have fun and quick build HO.
The team that Bob want to share is a variant of KokoLucha and works pretty well.

TeamDump2.png

It straight up 28-2 from fresh new alt, ayy not bad for average player like Bob!
This is almost braindead, fast paced as HO supposed to be, fun, and only using 100% acc moves.

:mew::blacephalon::garchomp::tapu-koko::bisharp::hawlucha:
https://pokepast.es/fbe865afdccbd81d [Speed ver.]
https://pokepast.es/80384cb50937a025 [Power ver.]

Speed version can be considered less risky, have standard speed nature.
In Power version, Bob feels spicy and want to use Modest Koko + Adamant Garchomp.
Bob personally prefer Power ver. simply because the element of surprise can be game changer.

Here is short description of the team:
  1. Mew is Mew. Does his best as suicide lead and die.
  2. Scarfed Blace act as spin block, speed control, able to revenge kill, potentially snow ball, and shut off passive mon with Trick.
  3. Banded Garchomp breaking wall, especially Adamant variant. Provide electric immunity and have decent bulk.
  4. Specs Koko set terrain to our Hawlucha, classic. Our primary Knock Off switch in if needed. The EVs is to avoid 2HKO from Zeraora from full after rocks.
  5. Bisharp is Bisharp. Usually our early breaker and gives us ghost + dragon resist.
  6. Hawlucha. We all knew what this guy capable off. EVs to outspeed anything but Barraskewda under rain or faster Lucha.
Hope you guys can have fun if decide to try Bob's team.
Have a good day!

'Sup, I come to bring you a new team! This time it's a bit more standard, but a Hyper Offense team never hurts, does it?

:tapu-koko: :hawlucha: :moltres-galar: :garchomp: :dragapult: :melmetal:
(click for the pokepaste link)
This is pretty easy to understand, isn't it? but here's a quick rundown anyway:

Tapu Koko sets up the screens. Taunt is to prevent opposing taunts or setups. U-Turn over Volt Switch simply because of Lando.

Hawlucha abuses the terrain set by Koko to activate Unburden; Taunt is there to shut down Haze Pex. Also he's shiny because why the hell not.

Moltres-Galar is the team's special setup sweeper. Bulky enough to use Weakness Policy, this thing's a menace, granted unless you miss your Hurricanes.

Garchomp is there for two reasons. One, he's my favourite. Two, he's got an insane typing that prevents paralysis, and after a SD and a Scale Shot can terrorize any team. Just make sure to set up two dances in case the enemy has a bulky Fini in the back. Fang is there to nuke Ferro.

Dragapult is, like Garchomp, an immediate threat. Adamant+max speed allows him to speed tie with Weavile though I don't know if you want to risk it. After just one DD, this thing becomes a menace. Blast is there to nuke Corviknight and Ferro again.

Finally, Melmetal is here to prevent the team from getting absolutely destroyed by a funny little thing called Weavile. Protective Pads means stuff like Garchomp and Ferrothorn doesn't annihilate your healthbar for existing.

Last edited:

Deido

I COULD BE BANNED!

https://pokepast.es/ba75424a2d6d2479

here a smoothie team based on Bulk-Up Zeraora and G-Zapdos, i should post an RMT on it

//team building//

:zeraora: is the root of this team which run classic bulk up settup sweeper

:slowbro: his bro who like pick up some buzzwole or cheeping lando

:zapdos-galar: a way to make pressure on physical walls like Hippo clef or buzzwole and allow double switch zera -> zapdos on :landorus-Therian: intimidate

:dragapult: extremely efficient to knock out setup sweeper such as garchomp kartana and weather sweeper, also bait scarf kartana, scarf blacephalon and other dragapult.

:ferrothorn: :landorus-Therian: a basic SR/Defog core with T-wave on ferrothorn and spdef evs on lando to check dragapult, blacephalon and Volcarona

Colbur body press on :slowbro: make easier matchup against Weavile
Speed evs on :dragapult: allow it to outspeed +2 hawlucha and G-Moltres
30 IV speed (or less) on :landorus allow slow turn against other :landorus-Therian:

Enjoy it, i actully win a lot with it à 1600 on the ladder
buh bye :regiF:

some fun meme teams which are not completely terrible

mono-specs:
1654843583929.png
1654843598979.png
1654843618592.png
1654843631434.png
1654843607861.png
1654843627216.png

https://pokepast.es/352a8047f3715704

surprisingly solid for a mono-choice team
- aegislash: shadow ball hurts
- slowbro: my personal favorite; teleport is perfect for a team full of breakers and hydro pump actually ohkos kart and spdef heatran. ice beam is probably better than flamethrower and surf/scald are of course options
- lando: completely ridiculous of course, but ties the team together as lando does; even with specs the standard utility stuff is best. i guess one thing it can do is ohko kart. nido, volcanion can also become victims
- fini: helps us not get 6-0'd by weavile, trick is also the most important move in some matchups. really we're asking fini to do a lot here but what can you do when you're handicapping yourself as such
- pult: the usual stuff; as good of speed control as we're gonna get
- lele: even on a team full of breakers this mon stands out

blissey is of course a huge problem, but can even be dealt with enough skill. every team member can either chunk it, pivot out, or use trick. otherwise you just make reads and overwhelm your opponent with raw power. also try not to queue into screens ho

mono-scarf:
1654843750586.png
1654843756661.png
1654843772525.png
1654843804120.png
1654843763586.png
1654843790722.png

https://pokepast.es/3da9f45ce2703ec0

what i like about this team is how standard it looks compared to the level of shenanigans actually taking place
- heatran: great lead, catches every fast lead off guard for either ohko or massive chip with eruption
- landorus: it's landorus, also a good lead to stone edge torn or weavile; rocks are probably better than any 4th move
- fini: the usual scarf fini slots in well here, defog is really important so i like tricking scarf away asap
- swole: clutch mon defensively, but actually really hard to set this thing up for a sweep. maybe roost can go over stone edge
- kart: scarf kart the classic, you already know it cleans teams
- blaceph: the third beast booster, these guys are necessary to have enough power to win games. probably the go to revenge killer also on a team full of them, but it varies

in general, you're just trying to chip things down enough to where buzz/kart/blaceph can sweep. naturally we match up better into offense than bulky teams, but double trick can even put in serious work there. get in surprise kills early and use that advantage see what you can set up for lategame. evs are definitely not optimized but w/e

of course these teams run on surprise, so don't tell anyone about them or they'll catch on!!!! but really there's very obvious ways to make mons not choiced so that can be a fun mindgame in of itself. there's also decent mono-band teams out there which can actually beat stall but i haven't made any of my own that i like. have fun battling!

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/d6d2936d948c6005

I'm not new enough to speak here, but I still wanted to share a team that a friend sent me that I don't know .w."

-Landorus:
This Pokemon is the one that without hesitation should put it, the good way of keeping poison, electric and steel pokemon at bay makes me put pressure on them, but the investment in special defense is all that I needed (at least for the team that told me the unknown type -w-) with this inversion, since various special attackers can at most finish it off for 3KO or rarely 2KO, minus Weavile, defog and utility attacks with uturn, bulki and knock off, invaluable Earthquake, and intimidation that puts fighting pokes, rock, steel and even kartana at bay.

-Cobalion :
Although it is one of the pokes that not many use in the Ladder, it has certain things that made me think that it can have something a "little more than a niche" at least here! . with Rocky Helmet he leaves weavile dry, the melmetal steel attacks, in general any contact attack, he holds up very well on the physical side, and although he was going to use Ferrothorn for having so much skill and everything else, the resistance to sinister and x4 to rock, I change the difference, most sinisters fear it, and few special attackers like heatran will be able to finish it, even without investment in speed it surpasses many of these and nothing is 2KO of several of these, swordance to finish off all that remains, ironhead that combines well with thunder wave, sacred sword although it is weak, it is still strong, I have ignored the opponent's stat increases.

-Dragapult :
with Choice Specs he is a good wall breaker in most cases, his speed is almost unbeatable unless you are a choice scarf, draco meteor kills all dragons with or without Stealth Rock, flare for ferrothorn and kartana, rillaboom, and pokes generally weak to it, shadow ball for stab and a good weapon for rare switch pokes, and scald to respond to pokes weak to it like burning them out.

-Urshifu-Rapid-Strike :
like dragapult, he is an excellent wall breaker, with the choice band almost all pokes can die before his attacks, except dragapult and toxapex, but with uturn to change yes or yes, his characteristic attack kills any change of lando, heatran, grachomp without rocky, and many more, closecombat almost everything will die except poison and ghost, and aqua jet to kill a poke already almost weakened.

-Heatran :
For me the best fire type, and of course, the best counter to fairies *less primarina*, rocks and ice in general, but the defensive variant with flame body, leftovers, taunt, Stealth Rock, helps a lot to train hax, dependents of the state and with coba they can stop almost any physical attacker in their tracks, except one fight, land, even so, it is capable of withstanding tapufini attacks a little offensive of 3KO or 2KO in most cases, the utility of being able to burn the opponent is also very valuable, you leave them unused and you can continue to wear, although you can use toxic on taunt only if you want to wear a change.

-Zapdos :
Hawlucha's best counter, a poke that can decently stab a non-defensive special side, as well as annoy with rest and roost, hits hard and can switch when needed, not much to say, utility, special attack well, and good ability to function in compositions like this, it has served me a lot against underwater seismetoad, water pokes as well as volcanion that at most knock him down with 2KO but recovering is the law and he can hit them without much fear, urshifu rapin if he hits it, it will not be the best way to finish it in various scenarios...

this team, as rare as it is, helped me a lot in the ladder, as well as not being so prey to rainy teams, it is a balanced team, so it may go to improve it in the future or another variant will come out on my part, I hope you like it if you want to try it, have fun fighting with it!

Ratio

Color your night
is a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributor
Discord Leader
CHOICE BAND ZARUDE BULKY OFFENSE
:Zarude: :Landorus-Therian: :Heatran: :Tapu Koko: :Slowbro: :Tornadus-Therian:
Back when the SSOU teambuilding lab was still in session I had requested a Zarude team(can be found here.) It was made quite a long while ago leaving it rather outdated so as someone much more accustomed with the meta now than I was before, I took on the challenege of rebuilding it from the ground up.

The general plan is to utilize zarude, which has a small niche over kartana and weavile due to having access to u-turn and overall better bulk, to punch some holes or generate momentum alongside natures madness koko and future sight to abuse a lot of common switch-ins for Zarude. Lando-t is a fairly standard presence on most teams that acts as an electric and ground immunity and as my defogger here. Spd Heatran is the rocker and has heavy slam to better combat CM Clefable. Colbur bro checks Urshifu and Weavile as well as other physical threats and has 56 spd to aid in scouting Volcanion. AV torn with phys def evs lets it also act as a special scout without it losing its job as a Rillaboom or Kartana check.​

Last edited:
One Attack Fat Dragonite
:bw/dragonite:
another bad set (Dragonite) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature

- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Heal Bell
- Dual Wingbeat

Very low counterplay once heatran and weavile are dead. Gives the business to rillaboom, urshifu, landorus, zapdos, etc. all that nooby stuff. Goes faster than dragapult at +2.

garbage team if you want to try it: :dragonite::Rillaboom::magnezone::toxapex::dragapult::nidoking:

Team: Get a bunch of toxic going. The usual eject button toxapex into trapping being uncompetitive. Miracle Seed Monke is secretly the best set. You bluff band and then just kill stuff. Once the steels are dead, you pretty much win.

Replays
No answers to dragonite
DD pult cheesing a win vs hyper offense
vs double defog stall
tons of pressure on rain

Oh and woworiginal the glastrier one is in there now. Use at your own risk...

Last edited:
thought id share this since its the first clean build ive had in a while:
:ferrothorn: :gastrodon: :clefable: :tyranitar: :buzzwole: :tornadus-therian: (paste)

the squad centres around CM LO clef as the wincon against bulky builds, with a balance core wrapped around it to handle opposing offense. autoloses to HO so you could run unaware boots clef instead, substituting thunder for aromatherapy if you want.

:clefable: :ferrothorn:

cm clef needs opposing steels chipped, so ferro is instrumental for spreading knocks, chipping with leech seed, and trading hp with opposing ferro for a cleaner sweep.

mixed defense EVs handle Lele better, but im sure a more precise spread exists out there.

:clefable: :ferrothorn: :gastrodon:

gastro is real good right now, chasing out all heatrans lacking toxic, and being just real uncomfortable to switch into for most teams between scald eq and toxic. counters most shadow balls and nidoking too, which is nice.

:clefable: :ferrothorn: :gastrodon: :buzzwole:

buzzwole provides redundancy against opposing weavile, which is good since our ferrothorn is mostly ablative chip for opposing steels. EVs are standard offensive tank with atk moved into def - this is more comfy against enemy urshifu-rapid, to whom we have no other answer.

:clefable: :ferrothorn: :gastrodon: :buzzwole: :tornadus-therian:

hurricaneless torn-t provides guaranteed damage on steels and utility with knock, as well as controlling hazards with defog. it's nice to rack up sand and sr chip on urshifu-rapid, who has to fear hurricane no matter what; in effect, your 4 moves can be played like 5.

feel free to drop heat wave for hurricane - the team just has to play more defensively against enemy steels, relying on knock off and chip to secure the clef win. you definitely autolose to scizor, though.

(also, you can hard torn into nidoking ep and knock em to survive the ice beam - stunts on em real hard while preserving gastro's health against offensive nido cores)

:clefable: :ferrothorn: :gastrodon: :buzzwole: :tornadus-therian: :tyranitar:

finally, CBTar cements the MU against stall. Cb heavy slam is necessary for luring enemy clefable, as most variants run circles around passive builds such as these. CBTar is responsible for most of the momentum vs. offense as well, turning stray shadow balls and magma storms into free stone edges or crunchs. Hitting shifu for 40% is absolutely required if you wanna beat it with buzz in the long run.

sand also makes up for the lack of spikes by adding chip onto blaziken, lele, etc.... which is nice because those MUs are tough enough as they are.

this is pretty reliable into the 1700s but im lazy to pilot it further. the unaware variant essentially 6-0s most HO. have fun!

After i created that team i played a lot of games with it and got a pretty interesting winrate (80% smth like that) so i wanted to post it and here we are :

:SS/weavile: :SS/tapu koko: :SS/landorus-therian: :SS/ferrothorn: :SS/slowking: :SS/buzzwole:

Assassin (Weavile) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Koko-nut (Tapu Koko) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam

Over-used (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 152 SpD / 104 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

The slow king (Slowking) @ Kasib Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Teleport
- Thunder Wave

Muscle bug (Buzzwole) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Hp / 192 Atk / 68 Def
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Spiky boy (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Knock Off

A balanced team built around the Weavile-Tapu koko core that works well together because weavile can help tapu koko get rid of the opposing ground type (generally landorus-t or garchomp) while tapu koko pressures bulky water types like toxapex with his electric moves.

Other pokemon are more of a big defensive core to wall as many common threats in the metagame as possible while trying to keep momentum with teleport and u-turn, be as less passive as possible and to keep type synergy in the team.

:weavile: :tapu-koko:
So first i wanted a ground type resist because tapu koko is weak to it as well as a fighting resist for weavile, and a defogger or stealth rock setter so landorus was perfect for that. I initially used rocks lando but because i had ferrothorn at the end i changed it to defog.

:weavile: :tapu-koko: :landorus-therian:
Ok now i want a stealth rock setter and i chose ferrothorn because it helps against water types like tapu fini and urshifu-r, scouts choice locked pokemons like dragapult, blacephalon and tapu fini while maximising leech seed recovery with protect, weakens opposing pokemons with leech seed while recovering health and baits fire types and fighting types for slowking or buzzwole to come.

:weavile: :tapu-koko: :landorus-therian: :ferrothorn:
Now slowking for specially attacking pokemons like heatran and dragapult, throw future sights to help weavile getting rid of toxapex, weakening things with scald and keeping momentum with teleport. Kasib berry is to scout dragapults and blacephalons.

:weavile: :tapu-koko: :landorus-therian: :ferrothorn: :slowking:
And finally buzzwole to finish the defensive core for fighting types and for physically attacking pokemons such as kartana, garchomp, landorus-t, rillaboom and many others. The spread on the buzzwole is to have as much attack as possible while still only boosting defense with beast boost. I dont need the speed on it because i already have landorus for magnezone.

Final team: :weavile: :tapu-koko: :landorus-therian: :ferrothorn: :slowking: :buzzwole:

HO teams and pokemons are pretty difficult to play around, especially volcarona after slowking gets weakened or statused because even 5% of damage on it will significantly higher the chances that it gets 1HKOed by bug buzz so make sure to keep him healthy when you see a HO team with volcarona.
Hawlucha is also a big problem because with his swords dance set swords dance he can almost 1HKO every pokemon in my team except landorus-t but lando-t can't really do much in return apart from poisoning him. The only thing i can do to beat it is to chip it as much as possible with ferrothorn and landorus's toxic, sacrifice ferrothorn, and revenge kill it with weavile's choice banded ice shard.

Otherwise apart from volcarona, hawlucha and hyper offense teams in general I haven't noticed any other big weaknesses to the team and it's by far the best team I've created.

25/08/2022
Note : I slightly changed slowking's set : i put twave instead of future sight because i thought that, it's kasib berry slowking, but without twave i dont even punish ghosts coming on slowking so i did that. It also helps to stop volcarona sweeping because +1 16 spa volcarona bug buzz dosent ko, and +2 16 spa volcarona bug buzz has only 18.8% chance to ko in one hit. Then i can just revenge kill it with weavile or landorus.
I also changed the ferrothorn set : i put knock off instead of gyro ball because it helps beating ghosts like choice locked into shadow ball blacephalon or dragapult, it helps against tapu fini and gastrodon too because, tapu fini without leftovers has no recovery and gastrodon without leftovers will get KOed by toxic way faster and will be forced to use recover a lot more.

Electrochim.

Last edited:

CaptainDaimyo

Love is a rebellious bird that none can tame...
is a Contributor to Smogon
This is probs one of my favorite teams, coz it's pretty fun to use yet pretty difficult to manage:
:volcanion: :kartana: :tapu lele: :Landorus-Therian: :bisharp: :zeraora:
火山 (Volcanion) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

大名 (Kartana) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Smart Strike
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword

シャーマン (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Future Sight

雲 (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

司教 (Bisharp) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

雷 (Zeraora) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch

This team is built around Volcanion against a multitude of defensive mons in the tier like Ferro, Corv, Clef, etc. It is supported by the VoltTurn core of Zeraora-Landorus Therian, as well as strong revenge killers such as Scarfed Kartana and Lele, and Bisharp, which could also serve as a late game cleaner.

From my own experience, I'd say some tips to using this team include keeping Bisharp alive till late game, and preventing Kartana's and Lele's Choice Scarf from getting removed. Most importantly though, since the team doesn't have Defog support, switching should be considered more carefully.

:volcanion:

I started with Volcanion since it was good at defeating physical tanks such as Ferro and Clef, and it also has potential at being a "status spreader" if RNG makes Steam Eruption burn.

:volcanion: :kartana: :tapu lele:

Volcanion's notable weaknesses include it's hard time breaking special walls such as Blissey, as well as being outsped by many common Pokémon in the tier, especially by Dragon-types such as Dragapult and Garchomp. Kartana fixes the issue with special walls while providing Knock Off support, and Tapu Lele is able to outspeed non-Scarf Dragons.

:volcanion: :kartana: :tapu lele: :landorus-therian:

My current team's breaking job would be easier with hazard support and pivoting. Lando is able to fulfill both of those roles while being able to provide the team an extremely useful Ground-type immunity.

:volcanion: :kartana: :tapu lele: :landorus-therian: :bisharp:

While the team is already fast, weather sweepers such as Barraskewda can still outspeed this team, so in order to fix this problem, I added Bisharp. It was a good alternative for Weavile since Sucker Punch is a very good revenge killing option, especially when boosted with Swords Dance.

:volcanion: :kartana: :tapu lele: :landorus-therian: :bisharp: :zeraora:

For my final team member, I decided on Zeraora since it forms a powerful VoltTurn core with Lando; the latter appreciates Zeraora's ability to check Waters such as Urshifu-R and Toxapex. It also serves as the backup speed mon of the team if Lele's and Kartana's scarves get knocked off.

Regarding team weaknesses, I'd say offensive Volcarona and Dragonite are the biggest ones so far. Volcarona resists Bisharp's Sucker Punch and can punish my team's lack of a Fire resist, while DD Dragonite can setup easily if played against incorrectly, and Tapu Lele, despite being an obvious counter, can get overwhelmed.

If someone could test this team out, I'd really appreciate it. Ty!

Sub-Seed Fast Ferrothorn
:Ferrothorn::Clefable::Reuniclus::Dragonite::Excadrill::Toxapex:
https://pokepast.es/856da53a894d1a7a

:Ferrothorn: Ferrothorn gets LOTS of free substitutes. Ties paralyzed +Spe Heatran. Paralyzes everything...most teams can't deal with this.
:Clefable: Clefable can do anything. Here, I go scarf+trick with unaware.
:Reuniclus: Kee Berry matchup fishing is fun. Change the EVs to go faster than toxapex. This was auto-set.
:Dragonite: Fat heal bell dragonite. Destroys Monke and Bear.
:Excadrill: Weak link. I just don't like getting volt-switched on. I think this could be taunt Zeraora, or maybe a breaker with rest that dragonite can heal.
:Toxapex: Yeah it just sits there.

If you against HO, dump clefable's scarf ASAP, since it's your answer to a lot of cheese. Taunt spam is also hard to deal with since this team is so slow.

Give me something so I don't lose to Nidoking on preview, please.

Last edited:
Mind Blown Spam
:Blacephalon::torkoal::blissey::Jirachi::Dragonite::Tapu-bulu:
https://pokepast.es/97cd7e9e493f53d0

This is a team focused around getting absurd calcs like this:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Blacephalon Mind Blown vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Volcanion in Sun: 183-216 (60.7 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Grassy terrain means you can click Mind Blown twice in succession without fainting. Double healing wish so you can do it again...and again.

Capture.PNG

:Blacephalon: Click buttons. If there's a heatran, click shadow ball. If there's a Tyranitar, wisp it. Probably shouldn't be Modest nature, but I like big numbers.
:torkoal: Absolute unit of bulk. Sun and a kartana and weavile stop. p good.
:blissey: Just a blob. gl if they have taunt.
:Jirachi: Lele stop. Wish can be whatever, U-Turn and Doom Desire prob better options.
:Dragonite: Just walls a whole bunch of stuff. This is a ground+ice set, but it could be heal bell with mono flying, too.
:Tapu-bulu: Coba berry lures tornadus and zapdos. This thing kind of a beast, especially with healing wish support.

This team is good. Probably going to do an RMT once it is a bit more refined. Went from 1500-1900 with it. If you play it, don't sac blacephalon ever; it's how you break teams.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1659684380-0hzy2yikjmpjxssyd44m85tsdege6ippw

Thunder Wave high-skill team
https://pokepast.es/0a8ab4e33079e3fe
:Mew::Zygarde-10%::Melmetal::Volcarona::Togekiss::Dragapult:

With this team you just paralyze your opponent's team and can consider things a success if they rage at you, win or lose.

:Mew: Hazards Mew is best mew.
:Zygarde-10%: This weirdo sub custap set is how you deal with really fast stuff. Gets a lot of paras. Can setup on defensive zapdos that dont have hurricane.
:Melmetal: Should be banned to ubers. Goes faster than clefable and lives a V-Create (wtf?)
:Volcarona: I have no idea about Volcarona Evs these days, but this one wins once heatran is poofed (or they run flame body lol)
:Togekiss: Remember, you are a no-skill bad player if you take the bad odds of Togekiss not flinching you.
:Dragapult: Filler set of the team. Hex is just for ghost spam and dragon tail cycles the obvious switches over hazards.

:gyarados: if you're feelin' frisky, Dragapult can also be Taunt Gyarados. Here's that version...it's probably the better of the two: https://pokepast.es/577eea4ef1ec222a

This team is not good. I went from 1900-1500 with it.

Triple-Banded Rest
:Urshifu::Melmetal::Tyranitar::Victini::Dragonite::Mamoswine:
https://pokepast.es/8e2c85f3b71b23c3

You ever want to run band melmetal and click Double Iron bash, but rocky helmets ruin your day? Well, rather than running pads and losing POWER, instead, you click rest and have dragonite wake you from the slumber. I think this rest+heal bell archetype does not get enough attention, imo.

:Urshifu: Click surging strikes into ferrothorn. Be a savage.
:Melmetal: Same thing here.
:Tyranitar: Here, too.
:Victini: Taunt is good.
:Dragonite: Fat Dnite is a super beast. Stops so much exotic stuff.
:Mamoswine: Sub metronome leaves slow balance teams with few options.

Double Heal Bell Balance
:Hippowdon::Rillaboom::Nihilego::Dragonite::Clefable::Heatran:
https://pokepast.es/b8026cf659dbab24

Nothing exciting. Nihilego walls things in sand and then you just wear stuff down over time and win with clefable or dragonite.

Last edited:
Thought Id share a couple of my favorite SS teams here before the gen ends incase anyone still hasn't gotten top 500 on the ladder yet these are all easy teams to get there

Double Magic Guard Mag+Kart
:clefable: :reuniclus: :mandibuzz: :kartana: :magnezone: :landorus-therian:
This is the main team ive used to ladder, built around the beginning of this month and seen nothing but consistent results, no fire resist but reuni walls LO venusaur in the sun & mandibuzz beats blace 1v1, fire types never really are a huge issue just be careful of banded heavy slam ttar as it has coverage to ohko everything on this team besides zone on Edge/Slam/IPunch/FPunch sets

Two Magic Guard users with recovery for free switch-ins on rocks toxic etc., reuniclus cannot take knocks or u turns well so be careful of that but those two combined sponge everything except for specs shadow ball, which is what mandibuzz is for, magnezone evd to live +1 celesteela flamethrower and kill with tbolt after rocks, 76 atk on lando-t to guaranteed 2hko kart after rocks

Suicune Burn Spam
:Suicune: :Rillaboom: :Hawlucha: :Volcarona: :Clefable: :Mamoswine:
Built this team about a year ago and it was my first ticket to top 500, came back to it a couple months after making an rmt and peaked #7 with some adjustments, main issue is specs lele, you just have to set up suicune or chip it down to like 70% which is enough for lucha to kill it, pex normally gets pp stalled by suicune, same with corv, which neither should be a huge issue if you can keep rocks off and mamo alive, with no hax clef beats volc 1v1, if they always attack on hard rilla, with lucha having enough to outspeed after terrain and ohko +1 (+2 on bulky sets), wood hammer will always either 2hko defensive zapdos, or put it in hawlucha range after one.

I think the combiation of sub + leftovers + terrain makes suicune unkillable since the majority of physical attacks in ou are eq, knock and quake, which either dont break sub, or dont break after burn, hawlucha is always a reliable late game sweeper and this team usually always has an answer to most bulky teams + balance with wood hammer on rillaboom.

Coba Bulu + Modest Pult (ANOTHER HAWLUCHA TEAM)

:tapu-bulu: :Hawlucha: :Rotom-Wash: :clefable: :landorus-therian: :dragapult:

Coba bulu is sick it just sds, baits in zap/torn and then kills with stone edge, bulkier pult helps with longevity vs u turns and tanks scarf fini moonblast like 99% of the time if needed, once zap is gone most games you just need to position lucha in on something like lando-t to sub up and sweep, got top 100 on this team with my first iteration, super fun to use bulu always puts in work

Weather Ball Gastro

:Torkoal: :Heatran: :venusaur: :kartana: :gastrodon: :tornadus-Therian:

Made this team around the same time kyurem got banned it got me to top 500 then idk if it still holds up but i figured id drop it in anyways bc i had a lot of fun with it, av on torn probably isnt necessary anymore but im not gonna change anything

su1p

formerly VKadenius

got reqs with this, dont know if it's good tho. clef cripples someone with barb at the start of every game. most common pokemon they send in on trick are heatran and maybe toxapex. heatran crippled makes clef and pult better and toxapex barbed makes shifu scary. you can get free teleports from bliss to shifu and pult. defensive core little faulty but can be sturdy if played correctly. skarmory is very underrated this boy can take more hits from weav and mel than corviknight ever could. not sure if lando should be on this team.
importable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)